TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
KTAB's Tiffany Tatro asked Kampfer about the earring that's been talked about in recent "Nancy Grace" broadcasts. After Hailey's disappearance, one of the earrings her mother thought she was wearing on the day she vanished was discovered in her father's home. Her dad, Clint Dunn, says she left it the day before when she stayed at his home. Though Billie Dunn thought he daughter was wearing the earrings, she says it's likely Clint is correct.

Kampfer said he's put in a request to discuss the earring and has not heard back. Therefore, he can't even confirm an earring is part of the investigation.

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716

Do y'all think Kampfer is playing dumb? I am not sure I totally understand what his job is. Who is LE's direct liason to the media?

Oh my!!!!

In michigan we have skunks, squirrels, hedghogs, and the occasional brown recluse that can bite you and make all your flesh fall off....

I just moved here so there may be more...

oh yeah... I do recall my neighbor said a coyote ate his small dog...

I do live in Texas & not even in the Hill Country - Lots of wild animals - coyote's get so close to the house sometimes it sounds like they are on my porch

Even IF that's the case, all runaway minors are potentially endangered, IMO. A runaway minor could have left with a dangerous person(s), or encountered such over time. I don't know what the actual statistics are, but common sense tells me that most runaways (who don't come home or are brought home) probably end up in a dangerous lifestyle and/or with dangerous people. Probably many of them don't survive. I'm sure there are exceptions where an exceptionally mature-minded or fortunate runaway manages to make their way in the world...into a healthy lifestyle.

I guess I just don't understand.

Even if the mindset is that runaways left voluntarily, that is not a valid excuse (to me). Even if the mindset is that runaways most likely will come home soon or eventually, that is not a valid excuse (to me). Even if the mindset is that runaways will be looked for as a missing person, after they come of legal age (then the trail is cold!), that is not a valid excuse (to me). Even if the runaway has a "history" of running away, using alcohol/drugs, being sexually active, or having behavioral problems; that is not a valid excuse (to me).

It seems to me that, at least, the mindset needs to be changed. And most probably, the laws need to be changed so that persons of certain mindsets would be required to be accountable in their professions.

All that said, there doesn't seem to be enough resources to find every MP, minor or adult. :(

So keeping public awareness up is vital.

I recall watching AMW with a friend who wasn't paying attention and "talking over it", and had to tell them "we should watch this, in case we see something or someone" and I was met with a ludicrous stare. I think that show's motto is "you CAN make a difference!", right? ;)

/rant

I'm still hoping that Hailey will be found alive. :)

Cazzie, believe me, I agree 100 percent with what you're saying. It's not an excuse by any means, but it does give us some insight into why LE may have responded the way they did.

Sounds to me that this guy coordinates with LE about what he can and can't say to reporters. He has NG people crawling around, getting info from BD, etc. that is part of an ongoing investigation. I think from now on, he should go the no comment route.

<respectfully snipped>

With all due respect Amster, I just can't see him passing up an opportunity to speak on camera. I'd rather hear from Sparky.

Oh my!!!!

In michigan we have skunks, squirrels, hedghogs, and the occasional brown recluse that can bite you and make all your flesh fall off....

I just moved here so there may be more...

oh yeah... I do recall my neighbor said a coyote ate his small dog...

Brace yourself nursebeeme -there is much more wildlife out here in MI. We have rattlesnakes, racoons, coyote, fox, bear, wolves.....The good news is that if you're in southern lower michigan, you will only likely see an occasional coyote.

Billie isn't putting the blame on SA, but neither is CD if anyone has noticed his statements.

1/14 Hailey's Dad Speaks Out, Suspected Adkins From The Beginning.

Clint Dunn says he's no longer in contact with Hailey's mother, Billie Jean, since they weren't seeing eye-to-eye before the documents were released. Now, even more, he said he needed to "separate himself from that situation."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26501844/detail.html

I still don't think BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance but it makes me mad that they "don't see eye-to-eye". How is that even possible? They both want Hailey back. I can't imagine not being on the same page as my child's father if I was in the same situation. They should be working together on this!!! This is one area where BD makes me really angry.

I do live in Texas & not even in the Hill Country - Lots of wild animals - coyote's get so close to the house sometimes it sounds like they are on my porch

That is true in my area as well. Guess we are like Sarah Palin's Alaska. The Wild Country. I see Coyotes on my drive in to work. And that is around DFW Airport. lol

We have a mountain lion that roams around here....there was an article in the paper about him the other day, the game warden had finally seen him, he's been here for about 5 years...lol.

Aerial Video: Inside the Colorado City Landfill

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333606

Didn't know if that had been posted yet.

I think Billie wants to believe SA had nothing to do with her daughter's disappearance. If she lets herself believe he is responsible for HD, what does that tell her? It tells her Hailey is probably no longer alive. Until they give her proof that her daughter is dead, she will hold on to any hope that Hailey is alive, which means SA wouldn't be involved in her mind. How many women have lived with monsters and never knew it until it was too late?

BD sits there on NG night after night trying to draw attention to her missing child. Inbetween shots of Billie, she's having to hear NG and her panel speculate about possible dismemberment by way of machete, chainsaw or sulfuric acid.

Billie isn't putting the blame on SA, but neither is CD if anyone has noticed his statements.

As for the crying, this woman has cried plenty. Anyone can tell by looking at her. As for the 911 statement, Billie thought it was important to get that information out to her daughter and that's what she concentrated on. Sure, I'd want to say I love you, but then again, I'm not even sure I could be strong enough to appear on television.

I don't see Billie supporting SA as much as I see her not blaming him until there is definitive proof of some sort that he hurt her daughter. At least she hasn't turned right around and married the POI.

I still believe Billie.

ITA. I think back about Susan Smith... she cried and begged on national t.v. for the kidnapper to bring her babies home... she was so believable, and even her ex-husband didn't suspect her at first. Turns out she had stood on the edge of that lake and watched her car sink with her two babies in it. So maybe Billie believes that it's not going to make her look any better in some peoples' minds anyway, so why put herself through that? IDK what is going through her mind, and neither does anyone else!
So, if she had made a public plea... is that going to change anything?? NO... and I can almost guarantee you that somebody would have been screaming at the top of their lungs that she was FAKING it. It never fails. Doesn't seem to matter what she says or does, she can't win.
I don't think there have been very many parents of missing kids who came across as being perfect and saying and doing all the right things and who never got any criticism. There's always some person who is going to find something to complain about even if it's only in their imagination.
And that is JMHO, FWIW.

We have a mountain lion that roams around here....there was an article in the paper about him the other day, the game warden had finally seen him, he's been here for about 5 years...lol.

One of my sons lives in E.TX on some acreage and they have everything. Foxes, pigs, deer, bobcats. Personally, I love it.

I have to agree with you, I think the local cops did not take this very seriously at first, and valuable time and resources were lost in the first few days. My son is with the SD in our county, (20 yrs.) and he would say the same thing your hubby did.

I've been thinking about the fact that the local LE were looking at this as a runaway situation in the beginning and I've been wondering about why they would do that when it was reported that HD basically disappeared on the way to a friend's house.

I would imagine that the person that they interviewed the most in the beginning was SA since he was the last person to have seen her. I'm sure it was in his best interest to try to get LE to believe that it was a runaway situation. I'd love to know what he told LE in the beginning about the home situation and the lies he might have been telling them and BD if she is not involved. IMO it was probably him that put the seed in the minds of the local LE that she might have just taken off. She had been gone from the house before, apparently for two weeks living with DB, a woman who had a vague connection to her. We still don't know how that came about.

There was the mysterious siting of HD, MB and another boy on Monday night.

We first heard about that from BD herself on her first NG appearance...

GRACE: And what else did police tell you?

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening -- it was already dark -- walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening.

Never confirmed by LE that they had this tip and not to be confused with the hairdresser siting, that is different.

Then there is the bloodhounds tracking her to MB's and then the motel...

GRACE: I want to go back to Billie Dunn. Billie, you`re Hailey`s mother, and tonight you are making a public plea for her return. What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

I think we've been told that the kids in the neighborhood would go to this motel to pick up free wi fi.

So it appeared in the beginning that HD and MB had cooked up a plan to meet up with another "unknown" male teenager that night. And of course with the missing/broken ITouch it was hard to determine just who HD might have been in contact with via internet.

I just wonder who might have planted the seed to LE in the beginning that HD might have taken off. Perhaps SA? The guy who never did another interview after that one with the local news where some of the things he said now seem awkward and inappropriate? The guy who should have been sitting beside BD on NG being interviewd in the first few shows before he failed that polygraph and she kicked him out?

I don't think we should be too hard on the local LE until we have the facts of what they were being told IMO. BD doesn't come off with the best skills in getting a point across and I'm sure she was being heavily manipulated by SA...unless she was involved of course.

MOO

Kampfer saying "there are more things that relate to Adkins..."

That's a strange statement; sounds like they are checking off suspicious things on a list and he is winning? Is that how LE does it?

I have known someone since she was in about the 6th grade that could be BD's twin in regards to how they act. This person that I know stayed at my house more than at her own growing up and even when asked a simple question, she acted/still acts like BD. It is from being niave and having no self confidence. She is now 29 married and has 2 children who make straight A's in school and are in the gifted and talented program. And she still acts like that, like no matter what you are talking to her about she still acts like she has something to hide. What I do know about the girl I am speaking of, she came from a very very disfunctional home. (When I say disfunctional, her parents moved one weekend while she was staying with my daughter at my house....it took us 2 weeks to track them down) So, I put alot of how BD acts and what she says or does not say into the fact that she is just that way in any situation...JMO, MOO

And no matter how many hundreds of times I hear them...I still get goosebumps.

Praying that the searchers find Hailey today.

Answers -- we need them.

I still don't think BD had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance but it makes me mad that they "don't see eye-to-eye". How is that even possible? They both want Hailey back. I can't imagine not being on the same page as my child's father if I was in the same situation. They should be working together on this!!! This is one area where BD makes me really angry.

I'll venture a guess and say that I think BD's said something about Clint's girlfriend NS. It's reportedly her son that was seen walking with Hailey shortly before her disappearance.

That, and the fact that SA once threatened to kill Clint, Hailey was creeped out by SA, and yet Billie moved him into her home. As the days pass without finding Hailey, the more he's got to be thinking "if only BD hadn't gotten hooked up with this guy".

what I found most interesting last night on NG was when she said that (to paraphrase):

le won't release forensics on the car until an arrest is made

she repeated it several times.

Wow - I live in College Station (Aggieland) - not a big city but I only live like 5 miles outside the city limits

One thing I thought of (in bed last night) that it is telling to me that with all of the "sightings" of Hailey on her permabulations about town...not one claims to have spoken to her or even exchanged a wave...

If she was out and about that day, wouldn't someone have spoken to her? A store clerk, even? No one has come forward saying they had a conversation with Hailey on Monday? That seems odd to me and takes away from the sightings...

I have known someone since she was in about the 6th grade that could be BD's twin in regards to how they act. This person that I know stayed at my house more than at her own growing up and even when asked a simple question, she acted/still acts like BD. It is from being niave and having no self confidence. She is now 29 married and has 2 children who make straight A's in school and are in the gifted and talented program. And she still acts like that, like no matter what you are talking to her about she still acts like she has something to hide. What I do know about the girl I am speaking of, she came from a very very disfunctional home. (When I say disfunctional, her parents moved one weekend while she was staying with my daughter at my house....it took us 2 weeks to track them down) So, I put alot of how BD acts and what she says or does not say into the fact that she is just that way in any situation...JMO, MOO

That's what I think too. I don't relate to her behavior because I am completely the opposite. But - that doesn't mean she's doing anything wrong. Some people don't show emotion. That's just the way it is. Plus, that doesn't matter. What matters is finding Hailey. We can deal with the whodunnit then.

Has Billie's mother been quoted by or filmed in the media or otherwise? All I've read is that she's been staying with Billie (or vice versa).

Like many WSers, I'm sure, I've had to skip a lot of posts in order to (ever futilely ;) ) attempt to keep up. :)

what I found most interesting last night on NG was when she said that (to paraphrase):

le won't release forensics on the car until an arrest is made

she repeated it several times.

It leaves little doubt they found something, I hope it's enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129