TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In thinking about the theory that was brought up that maybe BD doesn't want to believe SA had anything to do with it, because it would mean HD is likely deceased. I get that point.

However, I also wonder what would make BD believe that HD would be killed, if SA had anything to do with it, considering she has said over and over she does not believe he would hurt her? Couldn't she just think that IF SA had anything to do with it, that he hid her out somewhere (maybe b/c HD confided in him that she wanted to run away) or he dropped her off at some boy's house and then something happened and he is scared to tell, etc...

Why does BD believing in SA's involvement have to equal death in her mind? Couldn't it be...."I believe that SA had something to do with it, but I do not believe he harmed her!" or "I don't know if he had something to do with it, but if he did, I am sure he would not have harmed her!", etc....some type of thinking along those lines, kwim?

I am not picking on anyone else's theory or debating, I really do want to know your opinions on why she might think that. I don't understand it, but I want to, so looking for help here.

Thanks!

I think her other theory, that NS and maybe CD, are responsible might make her think that HD is being hidden from her. Maybe that is why she appears to be clinging to it. She likely knows in her heart that if it's SA, HD is deceased.

Or...she is deflecting for a reason.

MOO

Ok - don't throw anything at me. This is just my opinion and we are allowed to have those and post them.

BD plea last night, for me, felt more like a "dig" at LE than a plea to her missing daughter.
"Hailey, IF you can get to a phone call 911 because the big bad LE took mine and won't give it back". Hailey is 13 years old FGS - she knows how to dial 911 and when it is appropriate to do so. So why tell her to do that? If I was in some kind of "hostage - kidnap" situation and I got a phone - well 3 numbers are a lot easier and a lot quicker to hit on a phone then trying with nervous shaking fingers to dial a complete number.

Plus her body language while making that plea. She couldn't look into the camera - had to look down and seemed to be reading that from a piece of paper.

Emotions. At the least BD's emotions are "unusual". A mother with a missing child, when asked to make a plea or "talk to" that child - the inner emotions that request conjures up - just talking to your child - would usually choke them up with tears. Mom will relate to all the times she has talked to that child, held that child, loved that child.

BD's body language last night spoke volumes. And that's all JMHO and all dat stuff der.

LISAB

Why didn't Clint's GF correct the "description" that went out of Hailey right away? They revised the description of the shoes she had on as soon as they realized they were originally mistaken. If she knew those earrings had been removed, that one was lost, and the other was in her possession, why not say so?

SMOOTHOPERATOR

I can easily..very easily see how the red hoop earrings were not reported IMMEDIATELY.. I'd say they probably were never given a second thought until when moving..a few days after Christmas day..and the other earring that was misplaced in and or around the couch was discovered on that living room floor

That was WEEKS ago.

o/t
If you add tags at the bottom, make sure you update the post number. I had to update a few of mine because a few posts have been deleted...so my numbers were off. thanks

Ok - don't throw anything at me. This is just my opinion and we are allowed to have those and post them.

BD plea last night, for me, felt more like a "dig" at LE than a plea to her missing daughter.
"Hailey, IF you can get to a phone call 911 because the big bad LE took mine and won't give it back". Hailey is 13 years old FGS - she knows how to dial 911 and when it is appropriate to do so. So why tell her to do that? If I was in some kind of "hostage - kidnap" situation and I got a phone - well 3 numbers are a lot easier and a lot quicker to hit on a phone then trying with nervous shaking fingers to dial a complete number.

Plus her body language while making that plea. She couldn't look into the camera - had to look down and seemed to be reading that from a piece of paper.

Emotions. At the least BD's emotions are "unusual". A mother with a missing child, when asked to make a plea or "talk to" that child - the inner emotions that request conjures up - just talking to your child - would usually choke them up with tears. Mom will relate to all the times she has talked to that child, held that child, loved that child.

BD's body language last night spoke volumes. And that's all JMHO and all dat stuff der.

LOL, I won't throw anything I promise...I need company over here in the corner...

I am not accustomed to having LE release the vehicle back to the owner if it has evidence in/on it, especially not that quickly. Is that the norm in these neck of the woods?

IIRC BD left the cell phone at home for HD and DD to use while she was at work

I totally caught this last night as well, and imo, BD's ENTIRE DEMEANOR has changed since Klass arrived into to consult her/the search.

To me, she didn't seem as "aloof" as she had before. She seemed blunt, consoled and spoke directly into the camera. I was a little taken back by that, tbh.

IIRC BD left the cell phone at home for HD and DD to use while she was at work
Yep yep - that's what she said. BUT back in Feb. on Valentines Day - if you listen to the 911 calls - DD "might have" been at home but BD "wasn't sure" and he didn't have a phone - she said that. SHE had the cell and was calling from it. So the practice of leaving the cell at home for the kids wasn't going on then - or at least that day.

Wonder when BD decided it would be good for her to leave the cell at home for the kids during the day?

I am not accustomed to having LE release the vehicle back to the owner if it has evidence in/on it, especially not that quickly. Is that the norm in these neck of the woods?

I did find that kind of odd. Perhaps they got what they needed though, and figured that is the only transportation BD has?

I had similar feelings. "I don't have it because THEY TOOK IT." Also, the message to HD struck me as rather obligatory. My actions/reactions have been construed by the public in a negative light, and so I NEED to say something directly to HD. Plus, I would have to guess that MK strongly encouraged her to do so.

Dear Ms. Dunn,Let me advise you - you need to think about this long and hard. Think about the masks, the interest in killing, the pot smoking, the failed poly's. While all those in itself don't make a serial killer - it doesn't bode well for the return of Hailey.

BBM. Let's keep this in mind. While it doesn't happen often, people can be wrongly accused, become the focus of an investigation, be charged and convicted before the "real killer" confesses or is caught, DNA clears them, or a person believed to have been murdered turns up alive.

Denial, ANGER, Bargaining, Depression & Acceptance. Perhaps this is what we are seeing, or she's covering for him, or she is guilty as hello.

Last night on NG, I felt like Billie used the opportunity to send a message to Hailey to instead emphasize (again) that she doesn't have her phone. It seems very important to her that her phone be returned. If she really thinks Hailey would call her, I understand. But this phone thing is nagging at me. Why did LE take the phone? I could see them taking it right away and looking at the call logs until they could obtain the records from the carrier. But, after that, couldn't they monitor all incoming and outgoing calls on that phone with BD's permission? Is it technically possible to do so? Did she refuse to authorize it?

Does anyone else find it unlikely that Billie's phone is really sitting in an evidence drawer and is not being monitored at all times by LE, as has been suggested? I find that very hard to believe and LE has said nothing of the sort. I'd bet they know exactly what calls are coming to that number as soon as they are placed and are following up as appropriate. (If they recognize a caller/number as one of Billie's friends that they know is in contact with Billie in person and on her new phone, they simply wouldn't take any action - obviously someone testing to see what happens when the number is dialed.) Am I giving LE too much credit here?

Could Billie really be sending a message to someone not to call her phone number?

Sorry all for all of the questions. Interested in others' thoughts about this. The phone communication (not just the ping locations) and the seizing of phones has me scratching my head. I think there's more to it than LE taking them and throwing them in an evidence drawer... :waitasec:

JMO...many threads back someone had suggested that after the call logs were received, normally the phone is returned to the owner (and this is the key point I want to emphasize) unless the phone is going to be held as evidence.

JMO...many threads back someone had suggested that after the call logs were received, normally the phone is returned to the owner (and this is the key point I want to emphasize) unless the phone is going to be held as evidence.

ITA, those phones themselves are evidence, perhaps Hailey's fingerprints are on NEITHER one of them. Perhaps there is a tiny spot of blood or something on one of them.......pictures? Something.

Oh snap...........it's probably that her prints are not on it and she was "supposed" to have sent the text at 2pm.

He responded to the call and took a report, filed a report, whatever.....he didn't blow her off or not respond or ignore it. He merely showed his frustration at having to deal, yet again, with a situation that had been going on all day. Maybe, when and if Billie can manage to pass a poly concerning her missing daughter, she'll have time to bring a lawsuit against CC. Not sure for what....but, oh well....

Kind of a sad statement that she HAD to call multiple times to get a response. Would it have been that difficult after the first call for an officer to run by and lock her doors? I understand they can't post someone there to watch the house, but doing this much might have kept the situation from escalating and given Billie peace of mind.

Did anyone mention this (I've been tossing it around my brain) that *maybe* Billie's "plea" last night about not having the phone was not directed toward Hailey but rather to Shawn?

Well now , wait a minute, you got me thinking. Everybody was wondering if BD worked 12 hour shifts (which was supposedly 7 - 7) and the ATM withdrawl was something around 6:20 or so - that BD must have left work early that day.
I really would like confirmation on both BD's and SA's work hours that Monday. Well, we have SA's - all of 10 minutes and he walked out at 6:10 AM.

Ok, so what time did BD leave work that Monday?

Most bank-owned ATMs have a camera. I'm wondering if she WAS at work when that transaction occurred. SA has used her debit card in the past, so he probably has the PIN, and she may not have wanted to admit that she was shortsighted enough not to have changed it after what happened in February. If that is the case, he could have done the ATM transaction and had 30-40 minutes left to get to her work to pick her up. Nancy keeps saying she worked her whole shift.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth