TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone mention this (I've been tossing it around my brain) that *maybe* Billie's "plea" last night about not having the phone was not directed toward Hailey but rather to Shawn?
Yea gibby we tossed that around last night. But BD has another phone now and she has admiited that SA has been texting her - so he already knows her new number.

But it could have been a way to let SA know that LE still has the phone - like in, maybe LE found something physically on that phone. KWIM? If you do, good for you - cause I sure don't know what I mean anymore with this case.

I totally caught this last night as well, and imo, BD's ENTIRE DEMEANOR has changed since Klass arrived into to consult her/the search.

To me, she didn't seem as "aloof" as she had before. She seemed blunt, consoled and spoke directly into the camera. I was a little taken back by that, tbh.

Could be that she left it at home because the kids were on Christmas break. Normally, they would be in school most of the day while she was working. But, since we assume that she worked until 7 p.m. and she had a work phone, I see your point. Why take it to work at all? Maybe the kids would need it when they got home from school. Hmmm...

Kind of a sad statement that she HAD to call multiple times to get a response. Would it have been that difficult after the first call for an officer to run by and lock her doors? I understand they can't post someone there to watch the house, but doing this much might have kept the situation from escalating and given Billie peace of mind.

While your suggestion sounds easy enough but with a police force of 3, I would hardly expect LE to run lock my doors.

Did anyone mention this (I've been tossing it around my brain) that *maybe* Billie's "plea" last night about not having the phone was not directed toward Hailey but rather to Shawn?

But he knew BD didn't have that phone. He has her new number, unless you mean just to tell SA not to call period? :waitasec:

ITA, those phones themselves are evidence, perhaps Hailey's fingerprints are on NEITHER one of them. Perhaps there is a tiny spot of blood or something on one of them.......pictures? Something.

Oh snap...........it's probably that her prints are not on it and she was "supposed" to have sent the text at 2pm.

If there is potential evidence on the phone, it must be tagged and put aside. Even though the phone records exist with the phone company, if a trial were to occur, the phone itself would need to be produced as evidence since there is a serial number attached to that phone (not referring to the SIM card). They will be able to show that calls/texts, etc. came directly from that phone. Otherwise the defense could say the SIM card was cloned and the calls/texts, etc. came from another phone.

Most bank-owned ATMs have a camera. I'm wondering if she WAS at work when that transaction occurred. SA has used her debit card in the past, so he probably has the PIN, and she may not have wanted to admit that she was "MHMR" enough not to have changed it after what happened in February. If that is the case, he could have done the ATM transaction and had 30-40 minutes left to get to her work to pick her up. Nancy keeps saying she worked her whole shift.

But she even talks about how she withdrew some money and then withdrew some more....let me find linkage.

GRACE: To you, Billie Dunn. I want to hear your response. And I don`t have you on to rake you over the coals. I`ve got to ask you the hard questions. But I want you to tell us your side and what you want and what you know and what you want searchers and the public to know to help find your girl. But you`ve got to answer to these allegations. What about this? I know that you used your ATM twice in a row that Monday night when Hailey goes missing, one right after the next. Now, according to these police affidavits, illegal drugs were purchased. What`s the story, Billie?

BILLIE DUNN: I know. And I don`t want to get into it any more. I just want to clear things up. We did go to the ATM, and the reason there was two withdrawals is because I didn`t know how much money I had in there. I know we were broke. We pulled money out for gas, food, whatever. We did go to the north side of town for maybe 15 minutes just to stop by my mom`s house. And she lives on the north side of Snyder. And we came straight home.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/13/ng.01.html

Kind of a sad statement that she HAD to call multiple times to get a response. Would it have been that difficult after the first call for an officer to run by and lock her doors? I understand they can't post someone there to watch the house, but doing this much might have kept the situation from escalating and given Billie peace of mind.

It's not the job of the police to go and lock people's doors. If you want your doors locked then you lock them yourself or ask you neighbor or family member to do it. If it was that important to BD then she should have locked them herself.
She called the police because SA wanted a t-shirt back. A t-shirt. It is not the job of the police to get into property disputes between couples unless it escalates to violence. Police can only go to a home to keep the peace between parties while the one moving out gets their stuff. Police cannot determine who owns what and make the decision on who should get what. That is a civil matter. Not a criminal matter.
The police cannot sit outside her home that she isn't even in and wait for SA to show up to get his t-shirt.
At no time during that initial call did BD say anything about fear, violence, threats, etc. She simply wanted the police to get involved in a civil matter because she was afraid SA may or may not go there and then take electronics in the home.

With the second call of threats....the police officer responded to the call. He did his job.

Keep in mind that BD was "going all day" with the calls and we only know about the two calls she made and the one that SA made. It also sounded like SA was calling other police departments about the situation.

I totally caught this last night as well, and imo, BD's ENTIRE DEMEANOR has changed since Klass arrived into to consult her/the search.

To me, she didn't seem as "aloof" as she had before. She seemed blunt, consoled and spoke directly into the camera. I was a little taken back by that, tbh.

I couldn't help but notice that when Billie spoke last night she would use Nancy's name before speaking, like saying.."Nancy, ..<enter verbiage here>..".. much more *familiar tone* than before imo ...

I also think that because Marc K is there she believes that it boosts her credibility somehow..I like Marc, but him being there has not changed my mind in the least...

Plus her body language while making that plea. She couldn't look into the camera - had to look down and seemed to be reading that from a piece of paper.

Emotions. At the least BD's emotions are "unusual". A mother with a missing child, when asked to make a plea or "talk to" that child - the inner emotions that request conjures up - just talking to your child - would usually choke them up with tears. Mom will relate to all the times she has talked to that child, held that child, loved that child.

BD's body language last night spoke volumes. And that's all JMHO and all dat stuff der.

<Respectully snipped for space>

I agree with your observations above but in my eyes they apply in a different way, be it wrong or right. I see BD as trying to keep it together on camera and focus on the facts and not get emotional because if she does get emotional she'll lose it. It seems as though as she's trying not to cry, not to get emotional so she can focus on the questions asked. I think looking at the bags under her eyes it's obvious that she has been crying and we have seen her cry. I think she may feel if she starts making any type of plea or says anything directly to Hailey she won't be able to keep her composure. She has said before that she is trying to stay strong and I think that is what she is trying to do. For me personally, I wouldn't be able to contain myself and I would let everything out and be a bawling hot mess but everyone is different and handles situations like this in different ways. JMO

I am not accustomed to having LE release the vehicle back to the owner if it has evidence in/on it, especially not that quickly. Is that the norm in these neck of the woods?

Maybe it was the type of evidence that could be just taken out? There's floor carpets that can be pulled out, seat covers that can be taken off, what if it was something to be removed that didn't require cutting or destroying the interior of the car? In that case, the car itself wouldn't be needed anymore. And it was never said that the car was returned fully intact with everything in it as it was when it was taken, either. Sounds to me like they found something that they took out, and the car was no longer needed after that. Maybe they found something with forensic evidence on it in the car that was removable.

But she even talks about how she withdrew some money and then withdrew some more....let me find linkage.

$60.00 and $80.00 right? don't remember if it was in that order though..Even THAT seems so suspect to me if it was 2 transactions from the same acct..her reasoning doesn't even make sense to me..

but she also says she went to scurry county to by illegal narcotics and now she says she didn't...

BD puts me on a teeter totter: I did... I didn't It happened..... It didn't back and forth back and forth

That ticked me off yesterday. HELLO. WTH is wrong with people?

This is West Texas. These old geezer ranchers get a bit upset when people climb their fences, causing damages. Trash is another concern they have but not in this case. I would bet most ranchers just don't want their fences messed up with everyone climbing over, etc. Not making excuses at all. I am in the Oil business out here and some of these ranchers come after us to pay damages if we drive off a designated road. They claim damages occur to the grass.

Go figure.

Some people in Portland did not allow searchers either, if I remember correctly, I think it almost always happens.

Most bank-owned ATMs have a camera. I'm wondering if she WAS at work when that transaction occurred. SA has used her debit card in the past, so he probably has the PIN, and she may not have wanted to admit that she was shortsighted enough not to have changed it after what happened in February. If that is the case, he could have done the ATM transaction and had 30-40 minutes left to get to her work to pick her up. Nancy keeps saying she worked her whole shift.

I thought she admitted to this though...even went so far FINALLY as to admit that the money was for drugs...Both she and Shawn admitted it IIRC...

but she also says she went to scurry county to by illegal narcotics and now she says she didn't...

BD puts me on a teeter totter: I did... I didn't It happened..... It didn't back and forth back and forth

Not to mention how she "didn't remember but wouldn't deny" calling 911. How the heck do you "forget" you called 911 multiple times on someone who threatened to kill you?

Snipped from news article (link posted below):

Several volunteers tell us they have been, at times, chased away by property owners.
Klaas Kids asks landowners to do their own search and report it to them.

Really? There is a kid missing!!

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23461

Well we know of one lady in Dunn who chased them away. I wonder if she did her own search and reported it to LE? :waitasec:

This is West Texas. These old geezer ranchers get a bit upset when people climb their fences, causing damages. Trash is another concern they have but not in this case. I would bet most ranchers just don't want their fences messed up with everyone climbing over, etc. Not making excuses at all. I am in the Oil business out here and some of these ranchers come after us to pay damages if we drive off a designated road. They claim damages occur to the grass.

Go figure.
bbm... you are in the oil business sheik? Could you explain about the acid used in the oil business... how it is used/stored/etc... and also about what oil fields are like, etc? ((are they desolate, isolated... how is cell coverage in general...))

tia....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member