TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
as per prison towns...

we were stationed at fort leavenworth for three years. There are 13 prisons in the county alone! ((we call it land of the big prisons))

In Leavenworth itself it was jokingly the saying that you were either a soldier, a prison employee or a family member who had moved to the area to be closer to a loved one.

The wallace and ware units were mentioned in the media only insomuch that the officers from those units were assisting in the search today:

Searchers from Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units were out on horseback and foot today looking for possible clues to the disappearance of Hailey Dunn.

and another snip:

The search along the Colorado River continued after lunch on foot along Colorado City's southern edge from the prison to Business I-20 toward town.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/searchers-check-wooded-areas-town

IMHO LE did the right thing early on last friday when they checked all six hotels as well because having a prison in town does increase the liklihood of a transient perp/someone in town to visit an inmate.

all moo of course

I think we will learn that BF does not have his own place, that he lives with Billie and sometimes stays with his mom.

She left the house, not to be seen again. Did not make it to where she said she was going. B/F was the last known person to have seen her. He may have anger issues. (And it could be based on the results of his polygraph.) That's enough probable cause for a warrant to search the house.
They are probably not treating it as a possible crime scene, anyway.... just looking for anything that might give them a clue where Hailey might have gone, or who she was involved with. Notes, pictures, things of that nature.

if they are going to seize possible evidence that may be used later in a trial they would want and need to have a SW to do so...

One case example: the hollow tree case in Ohio... the boyfriend let LE into the house but the second the blood was discovered/noted they got a SW

MOO of course...

it is by far the prudent way to proceed, I hope they have one, especially if it is in question whether he lives there

I'm a little confused by the questions about the prison(s). Unless there were escaped prisoners, I don't think anything about the prisons have to do with the search, except just being named as the geographical location where the search was being held. It is my understand from reading the articles that there is a heavily wooded area being searched there....

So if someone had placed her somewhere, it may be the closest/easiest place from her neighborhood to get to...?

Please clarify for me if MSM has mentioned something about the prisons themselves, other than being located on the periphery of the search area. Maybe I missed something. Thanks!

ETA: Okay, I see that maybe it's the visitors coming/going...

Right, I wasn't so concerned about any possible escapees, but the people who may be visiting them could be a concern.

Why would The Texas Rangers not have a search warrant? Seems to me they are more than qualified to investigate and do it legally.

Has it been confirmed he was at his mom's house? I know if I had just been fired/quit from a job, the LAST person I would want to spend time with would be my mom, because she would just go on and on about me losing a perfectly good job. (but that's my mom)

unless he is mom's GOLDEN BOY/

I think LE can get a search warrant with probable cause when a child is missing this long. I also think they were indeed checking for a crime scene as well as looking for clues from Haliey's room, etc.

Is it ok for the community to start a search on their own without any LE guidance?

Has the vehicle been pulled in?It seems LE is a little behind on this whole thing,sorry to say.

She left the house, not to be seen again. Did not make it to where she said she was going. B/F was the last known person to have seen her. He may have anger issues. (And it could be based on the results of his polygraph.) That's enough probable cause for a warrant to search the house.
They are probably not treating it as a possible crime scene, anyway.... just looking for anything that might give them a clue where Hailey might have gone, or who she was involved with. Notes, pictures, things of that nature.

I disagree. I don't believe polygraph results or refusal to take one is enough for a judge to sign a search warrant

Several people have taken lie detector tests in Colorado City today, as investigators try to rule out suspects in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Dunn's mother and last person to talk to Hailey, went in for a polygraph around 10 a.m. and was still with investigators from the Texas Rangers at 2 p.m.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

I haven't seen this question asked, so I'm going to throw it out here. This is just a theory, of course, but I had a thought. We don't know why SA was at BO's house in the middle of the day/afternoon when he would normally have been at work. He should have known that Hailey and/or her brother would likely be at home. Is it at all possible that Hailey walked in on SA doing something that he didn't want her to see or know about? Again, just posing the question as a thought.

Those prisons in C-City are equal to half the population base of the city itself. I am a bit mystified by the search areas as I would have thought that there would be more effort expended behind the new Western motel by the I-20. There seems to be an expanse of unused land around that area...off to do a Google search.

I think we will learn that BF does not have his own place, that he lives with Billie and sometimes stays with his mom.

That was my impression, too, that he lived there. Billie said the b/f "got home about 3:00...." so I figure that means it's where he hangs his hat.

Chatty Cathy here again - this is also true. At most of the prisons there is a hospitality house where people can stay for free. Never been to one, but heard they don't host a slew of people and sounded to me like a bed and breakfast type of place.

Texas is a big state and they put their inmates anywhere and everywhere they can, your inmate could be 10 hours away from you very likely so I'm sure there is alot of traffic going through there, especially with 2 prisons. FWIW.

I love the diversity of WS and the timing of your last 2 posts made me LOL...really...thanks...I needed that!

Several people have taken lie detector tests in Colorado City today, as investigators try to rule out suspects in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Dunn's mother and last person to talk to Hailey, went in for a polygraph around 10 a.m. and was still with investigators from the Texas Rangers at 2 p.m.

A Lie detector doesn't take 4 hrs does it????

Has it been confirmed he was at his mom's house? I know if I had just been fired/quit from a job, the LAST person I would want to spend time with would be my mom, because she would just go on and on about me losing a perfectly good job. (but that's my mom)
true, but not all moms are like ours. Some moms don't think their kids can do wrong. Also, he may have been there, for the internet or whatever, but she may have been gone. I was wondering what his living arrangements were. Did he have his own place? live with his mom? live with Billie full time? some moms only allow overnighters, when their kids are gone. Since he reportedly stayed at Billie's, at least some, I wouldn't expect such a young guy, to maintain his own place...especially with his mom so close. Also, do we know whose car he was driving?

....again GROAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members