TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This evening an analysis of SA’s polygraph will be posted in Hailey’s Forensic Astrology thread.

Several people have taken lie detector tests in Colorado City today, as investigators try to rule out suspects in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Dunn's mother and last person to talk to Hailey, went in for a polygraph around 10 a.m. and was still with investigators from the Texas Rangers at 2 p.m.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

hmmmm....interesting.....

Several people have taken lie detector tests in Colorado City today, as investigators try to rule out suspects in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn.

Shawn Adkins, the boyfriend of Dunn's mother and last person to talk to Hailey, went in for a polygraph around 10 a.m. and was still with investigators from the Texas Rangers at 2 p.m.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

bbm.....
long time eh?

She left the house, not to be seen again. Did not make it to where she said she was going. B/F was the last known person to have seen her. He may have anger issues. (And it could be based on the results of his polygraph.) That's enough probable cause for a warrant to search the house.
They are probably not treating it as a possible crime scene, anyway.... just looking for anything that might give them a clue where Hailey might have gone, or who she was involved with. Notes, pictures, things of that nature.

We know she left the house - but was it under her own volition?

We don't know that she was going anywhere.

We only have the bf's word for the entire story. Hailey's father's wife doesn't remember seeing her come to their house.

When did Mom leave the house for work? When was bf fired from his job?

Something stinks to high heaven about the whole story! It appears no one saw her that day, except the bf.

Runaway? Phooey...

Is it ok for the community to start a search on their own without any LE guidance?

That is not good... they could destroy evidence. And if anything is found it could hinder a prosecution. IMHO

That was my impression, too, that he lived there. Billie said the b/f "got home about 3:00...." so I figure that means it's where he hangs his hat.

So he lost his job at 6am or the morning and got there at 3pm?Neighbor said she was outside in backyard at 12:30 talking on the phone for about a half an hour.I wonder why she went outside to use it if noone was in the house?

Yep, it's a free country

I understand that....let me ask it another way...is it a GOOD IDEA to do a search without any kind of guidance? My worry is a bunch of well-intending folks out there 45 minutes before it gets dark and possibly destroying evidence.

I keep coming back to this nagging thought that SA lost his job because he didn't come to work that day, not because he didn't get along with one or two guys at work.

Going to work and being fired by 6:30am, to drive back to Billie's in the afternoon, and then back to pick her up in the evening doesn't ring true to me.

That is not good... they could destroy evidence. And if anything is found it could hinder a prosecution. IMHO

again, I disagree. The more eyes looking, the better chance of finding something. Just tell people if they find anything, don't touch it and call LE
Keep an eye out for clothing & shoes too

I believe in these missing people cases anyone should be allowed to search if they are told they don't go near or touch anything,just back away and call in.

I understand that....let me ask it another way...is it a GOOD IDEA to do a search without any kind of guidance? My worry is a bunch of well-intending folks out there 45 minutes before it gets dark and possibly destroying evidence.

If it were me and my child or a child I knew, I'd be TELLING LE i'd be out searching and their guidance would be helpful.......

whoa wait a sec- Several people had taken LD tests????
oh really?

Does anyone know if the any of the brother's friends have been questioned. My twin & I have a 4 year older brother, & it was nothing for us to develop crushes on his friends. My cousin too. Those guys could've easily taken advantage of us silly girls.

Has it been confirmed he was at his mom's house? I know if I had just been fired/quit from a job, the LAST person I would want to spend time with would be my mom, because she would just go on and on about me losing a perfectly good job. (but that's my mom)

I was wondering if the mom was actually home, or if he was just at his mom's house alone? Has that ever been mentioned? It does seem like I recall something on NG last night when she was questioning his whereabouts that day - that the mom said something about it being verified that he was at his mom's until 3:00? Am I recalling that correctly?

(Really wishing right now that I had not been the one to say 'no' to TV when we moved - missing our TiVo a LOT. These cases may push me to having it connected. Just sayin'...)

I keep coming back to this nagging thought that SA lost his job because he didn't come to work that day, not because he didn't get along with one or two guys at work.

Going to work and being fired by 6:30am, to drive back to Billie's in the afternoon, and then back to pick her up in the evening doesn't ring true to me.

Hmmmm. Makes one wonder. That would be easy enough for LE to check with a call.

FWIW, when I got fired from a job I'd had for awhile (also a personality conflict with the new manager), it was done at the beginning of my shift, which was in the morning.

I noticed that a search was about to begin... Hopefully, some of these wonderful sleuthers can answer that question better than me. Tim with TES covered that during the Anthony search.

I disagree. I don't believe polygraph results or refusal to take one is enough for a judge to sign a search warrant

You are missing the point. Based on the fact she was not seen after she left the house, the BF's word is all they have on where she was going, yet she never made it there, and IF he did not pass a LDT, that is all the probable cause they need for a SW. I don't know whether he passed or failed, I'm saying IF.... that's all.
I am in no way saying that the BF is a suspect, BUT they have to take into consideration that he is the last known person to have seen her.
My son has been in LE for over 20 years, and I know how easy it is to get a judge to sign a SW, it can be done in ten minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member