TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
REDCAT - this is for you...I don't know what happened to your post but I thought I "quoted it"...

I'm so glad you asked...I saw all of the posts on FB and was concerned, but I don't have a FB account so didn't / couldn't post.

I don't think it's a good idea. Without professionally trained searchers, the risk of unintentionally disturbing evidence is entirely too high, IMO.

But, I do think you could call LE and ask. Not saying you would trust their response right now, and I understand that, but at least you would feel better knowing you tried.

Yes,because he said there were sex offenders in the area,seems like he'd give her a ride to friend's four or five blocks away.

Perhaps the reason SA mentioned there were SO's living in the area was to make it appear that SODDI ???

You are missing the point. Based on the fact she was not seen after she left the house, the BF's word is all they have on where she was going, yet she never made it there, and IF he did not pass a LDT, that is all the probable cause they need for a SW. I don't know whether he passed or failed, I'm saying IF.... that's all.
I am in no way saying that the BF is a suspect, BUT they have to take into consideration that he is the last known person to have seen her.
My son has been in LE for over 20 years, and I know how easy it is to get a judge to sign a SW, it can be done in ten minutes.

That very well be the way it works in TX. It wouldn't fly here. Being the last to see someone isn't probable cause for a warrant.
The time it takes to get a judge to sign wasn't my point.

I was wondering if the mom was actually home, or if he was just at his mom's house alone? Has that ever been mentioned? It does seem like I recall something on NG last night when she was questioning his whereabouts that day - that the mom said something about it being verified that he was at his mom's until 3:00? Am I recalling that correctly?

(Really wishing right now that I had not been the one to say 'no' to TV when we moved - missing our TiVo a LOT. These cases may push me to having it connected. Just sayin'...

BBM

here's what she said

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. He had been at his mother`s house all day Monday. Police have confirmed that he got home about 3:00 o`clock, and Hailey left shortly after.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

In a lot of missing cases the family, friends and community search. Sometimes they have help from LE. It would need to be organized and anyone searching would need to call LE if they found anything --they should not touch anything. Ex if they found some jeans, do not take in.. make note and call LE. I have not ever helped in a search but have followed a lot of them here on WS. If it was in my community I would be out there searching. Walking the town. You have to be careful and make sure it is ok to go on someone's private property. I would try to clear it with LE

I would imagine that if you pass, you're free to go. But if you fail...there might be questions from the Texas Rangers.

You're always free to go unless you are arrested;)

again, I disagree. The more eyes looking, the better chance of finding something. Just tell people if they find anything, don't touch it and call LE
Keep an eye out for clothing & shoes too

I don't know how organized the search may be. If it were my kid I would want everyone. The TES link may have more info.

How long does it take to administer a polygraph test?
It usually takes from 1.5 to 3 hours to properly administer a polygraph test.

http://www.accreditedpolygraphservices.com/polygraph-questions.php#question-10

very informative site on polygraph testing

Lol...now my computer search shows looking up lie detector tests too .. heaven help me if anybody ever looks at this thing.

The only question that comes to my mind about the length of time is if they lined up more than just SA to take the test. Apparently it was reported early on that the equipment had to be brought in with the personnel to administer it from another area. So if they had more than one to administer SA could have been in a line up. Just a thought ... nothing more than a thought.

Since he finished at 2pm it would appear that he was free to go at that point and LE has not stated any persons of interest at this point.

Time to start calling out for a press conference ..........

I haven't seen this question asked, so I'm going to throw it out here. This is just a theory, of course, but I had a thought. We don't know why SA was at BO's house in the middle of the day/afternoon when he would normally have been at work. He should have known that Hailey and/or her brother would likely be at home. Is it at all possible that Hailey walked in on SA doing something that he didn't want her to see or know about? Again, just posing the question as a thought.

I think I remember in the very beginning that he came home for lunch at 1pm but later learned he was there at 3pm.

Maybe that was his routine coming home for lunch, but IDK.

I think LE can always get a warrant to search the last place a child was before they went missing...

Lol...now my computer search shows looking up lie detector tests too .. heaven help me if anybody ever looks at this thing.

The only question that comes to my mind about the length of time is if they lined up more than just SA to take the test. Apparently it was reported early on that the equipment had to be brought in with the personnel to administer it from another area. So if they had more than one to administer SA could have been in a line up. Just a thought ... nothing more than a thought.

Since he finished at 2pm it would appear that he was free to go at that point and LE has not stated any persons of interest at this point.

Time to start calling out for a press conference ..........
bbm, I think the article said at 2 pm he was still there.... but I totally agree with you! And am LOL at yours (and my) computer searches eller!!!! ((())))

I understand that....let me ask it another way...is it a GOOD IDEA to do a search without any kind of guidance? My worry is a bunch of well-intending folks out there 45 minutes before it gets dark and possibly destroying evidence.

I think it would be better for Billie or Clint to contact Tim Miller with Texas Equusearch and ask him to come in. Then people can volunteer to search with him. It has to be family or law enforcement that contacts them. Once they know if and when he can come, the decision could be made on whether it was important to do another search before that. I can understand wanting to search and if Tim Miller was going to take a week to get there I'd be searching on my own too.

http://texasequusearch.org/contact-tes/

Nancy Grace is covering Hailey tonight!!! Just letting you all know.

Billie's friend said yesterday that Billie had been invited back for Thursday. Nancy's page says talks about Hailey's Mom telling them things giving the impression she would be on the show... so I wonder if that is still up there from yesterday. It talks about everything that was on the show yesterday.

If it changes to the boyfriend has taken a polygraph, the house being searched, the woods being searched, etc then we will know it is for tonight. For now I am going to assume it's not.

Are there any storage facilities nearby?

Right, I wasn't so concerned about any possible escapees, but the people who may be visiting them could be a concern.

Don't the prisons keep a log of all the visitors that come to visit the inmates?

This case is receiving alot of publicity, so I imagine if a prisoner had escaped recently, a prison official would contact LE.

Are prisoners allowed day passes or weekend passes?

IMO a search now could save her life if she's been injured and laying somewhere.

Seems this wasn't taken this all that seriously till sometime Monday when the heat was turned up by the media. She could have been dumped injured somewhere that night.

If I lived anywhere near there, I would be out searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx