Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this bothers me....still

why did he go from charles to dennis....

I cant help but think billie and SA hung with this guy and that he may be an "associate" ....they were all more than neighbors, imo...to me there is a reason for the different names (charles then dennis)....and his disappearance...and his ,much needed , so convenient, placement of Hailey there at noon on the phone.....jmo

To me a mom would scream from the rooftops he is gone right when Hailey disappeared...

...billie is not...

....why not?

Travis Walston, who owns a house two doors down from the Dunn home, reported seeing the teenager Christmas Eve.

He said that Dennis Pharris, who was living in Walston's house, reported seeing Hailey in her backyard talking on a cell phone at noon Dec. 27.

"I have told the cops that his story is not reliable," said Walston, who added that he had kicked Pharris out of the house. It is unknown whether Pharris is a person of interesthttp://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

My question is when was he kicked out? It seems he was kicked out after H went missing?

That's possible but it wouldn't explain why call history and text messages were deleted off of SA and BD's phones. Someone was trying to hide something in my opinion.

If they were involved with drugs, then what they were hiding might have nothing to do with HD.

(Snipped)

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Two national search organizations who have helped in the search for missing Colorado City teen Hailey Dunn, have finished their job.

The Laura Recovery Center and Klaas Kids left Colorado City Saturday after five days of organizing volunteers and search parties.

About 60 volunteers showed up Saturday with a renewed sense of enthusiasm and with a formalized plan to search for Hailey Dunn.

Just days after the disappearance of Hailey Dunn, hundreds of community volunteers navigated six square miles of brush-filled land searching for the teen.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26584435/detail.html

Volunteers took to the sky on Saturday for the first time in the search for Hailey Dunn.
HAs a video that shows the area from a birds eye view.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334206

We need one of those low-flying drones like they use in Afghanistan to fly over SA's stomping grounds.

Problem is, I can't shake the feeling that he would have put her underground in some kind of hidey-hole, cellar, or abandoned well. Think about it...he doesn't really have a home. SA just mooches off of his family or girlfriend. A guy like that is going to want a space to himself once in a while. He fantasizes bigtime about terrorizing and killing, and what would be more terrifying than being held underground in the middle of nowhere...a place that noone else knows about?

Infared doesn't work underground.

imo...this picture fits the book...the Collector...butterflies cellar and all...

The novel is about a lonely young man, Frederick Clegg, who works as a clerk in a city hall, and collects butterflies in his spare time. The first part of the novel tells the story from his point of view.

Clegg is obsessed with Miranda Grey, a middle-class art student at the Slade School of Fine Art. He admires her from a distance, but is unable to make any contact with her because of his nonexistent social skills. He buy an isolated house in the countryside. He feels lonely, however, and wants to be with Miranda. Unable to make any normal contact, Clegg decides to add her to his 'collection' of pretty, petrified objects, in hopes that if he keeps her captive long enough, she will grow to love him. After careful preparations, he kidnaps Miranda by drugging her with chloroform and locks her up in the cellar of his house. He is convinced that Miranda will start to love him after some time.....

ETA..."I love her with all my heart and I believe she loves me with all her heart," Shawn Adkins said on Jan. 4

again...
There are several cases in which serial killers, spree killers, kidnappers, and other criminals have claimed that The Collector was the basis, the inspiration, or the justification for their crimes.

Leonard Lake and Charles NgIn 1985, Leonard Lake (with help from Charles Chi-Tat Ng) abducted 18 year-old Kathy Allen and later 19 year-old Brenda O'Connor, in hopes of fulfilling his fantasy of owning his own "Miranda" from the Collector

Christopher Wilder, known as a spree/serial killer of young girls, had The Collector in his possession when he killed himself in 1984

In 1988, Robert Berdella held his victims captive and photographed their torture before killing them. He claimed that the film version of The Collector had been his inspiration when he was a teenager

I have wondered if there are any family connections with CCPD or other city officials which would account for some of the reluctance to allow outside professional help. Too many secrets...what are they afraid will be found out?

You know what it makes me think?

The foxes are guarding the hen house! (but foxes are more sly!)

Thsi case has me puzzled completely just for lack of people speaking out in the media...And yes I for one came from a small town and everyone was related to everyone, and knew from an early age the "workings" of the city officials whom were 75 percent all from one family....So I do know what you are thinking!

this bothers me....still

why did he go from charles to dennis....

I cant help but think billie and SA hung with this guy and that he may be an "associate" ....they were all more than neighbors, imo...to me there is a reason for the different names (charles then dennis)....and his disappearance...and his ,much needed , so convenient, placement of Hailey there at noon on the phone.....jmo

To me a mom would scream from the rooftops he is gone right when Hailey disappeared...

...billie is not...

....why not?

Travis Walston, who owns a house two doors down from the Dunn home, reported seeing the teenager Christmas Eve.

He said that Dennis Pharris, who was living in Walston's house, reported seeing Hailey in her backyard talking on a cell phone at noon Dec. 27.

"I have told the cops that his story is not reliable," said Walston, who added that he had kicked Pharris out of the house. It is unknown whether Pharris is a person of interest

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/19/official-rumor-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/

BBM
Wasn't it said somewhere that his name was actually Mr Charles Dennis or did I get that wrong?

I'm stuck on looking at hunting grounds. I know it was said his family owned some land but there is a good chance he hunted on other property besides that. I did a search for hunting season dates for Scurry county:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/county_listing/details/?county=Scurry

Chances are that BD knows where he has hunted. He's talked about cutting up deer with a chainsaw and I'm wondering where he disposed of those deer when he was done with them. It's my understanding that it would be illegal to shoot a deer and cut it up with a chainsaw and just leave it wherever. That would be a big no no for the game warden to get word of. If using a chainsaw to cut up a deer you wouldn't be worried about using the meat because the chainsaw would destroy it. You use a chainsaw to cut up a deer because for some sick reason you enjoy it. I have lots of hunters in my family and actually asked one of them if they had ever heard of someone doing that and they said "WT*, NO and that's sick!"

The trail cameras that were rumored to have the SD cards taken out of them is really bothering me. There is a reason they were taken (obviously) and as far as I can tell hunting season wasn't over yet so they would still be of use if they were being used for that. If the cams weren't going to be used anymore they would have just simply taken the cams down and not just taken the SD cards out. If they were indeed taken around the same time HD disappeared then chances are there is something on them that someone doesn't want to be seen. So if they were indeed taken then who had access to this land they were taken from? Who knew they were there and in that specific area of that land?

Trying to brainstorm here, bear with me :waitasec:

One question that I'm not sure has been asked is

Do we know if SA had any type of relationship with any of the other women who have been peripherally mentioned in this case?

Didn't redcat say that everyone in town pretty much knew the guy who was staying next door and said he saw H on the phone? And yet Billie doesn't seem to know him or his name at all.

I believe that after she spoke out to "debunk" Nancy Grace, that many people assume she will not return, although she indicated that she'd be willing to do so.

Can someone be so kind as to tell me approx what thread I can read about the "debunking" of NG? TIA

I expect that she will be arrested for hindering an investigation... because that is what I see her doing... and they have more POI too...

I doubt it. If they arrested everyone who "hindered" an investigation, there wouldn't be enough jails to hold them all.

Pete Kampfer told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro Sunday law enforcement is following some out-of-state leads. Kampfer said when those leads come in, FBI officers in those respective states are contacted. Kampfer declined to elaborate on the nature of those leads.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=334336

1. Fat Free cottage cheese and Progresso chicken and rice soup;
2. Black;
3. The red white and green Christmas fuzzy ones I got as a Christmas gift.

I get your point - and most people would not remember these questions. However, having a good memory is not really BD's problem. I think she suffers from selective memory. When it comes to those pesky questions concerning her missing 13-year old daughter or her "awesome" boyfriend, things get cloudy. She has repeatedly skirted answers to questions; changed the subject; played dumb; or just has not answered questions posed to her. I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth.

Of course people don't remember mundane things in their lives, but I can tell you this: If my daughter had disappeared, I think I would remember every single detail of what I had been doing in the days surrounding her disappearance. I would also remember what my SO had been doing, and If I didn't know, I damn sure would be asking him what the heck he had been doing AND I wouldn't stop until I got the answers. Period. He would be saying "y'all quit" because I cannot imagine being more furious with someone who would not give me answers related to my missing daughter. All IMO of course.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member