TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #40

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The similarities to this case are striking, although it happened 20 years ago. A girl who wanted to spend the night with a friend disappeared while walking home.

Surely LE remembers that case and has looked at any possible connections.

SA and his present-day cousins would have been babies in 1989, although they might have heard that story while growing up. Given their fascination with crime, who knows if it gave SA some twisted ideas?

Amazing how we know more about what that girl was wearing 20 years ago than what Hailey was wearing.

:banghead:

I believe, that this may have been cleared up in the basement. If again
I am not mistaken. I will go look to see what I can find on it. But at the time it was being discussed that there was a cousin of SA's that went missing years ago.

Oh, don't bother-- what's in the basement, stays in the basement. Thanks though, no worries. :)

Also, several people have posted that we really don't know much about HD.......and that is absolutely true. And isn't the "first rule" of sleuthing "Know Thy Victim"---and we really don't. EXCEPT some tidbits:: she moved schools a lot (why?)...she was "involved" in a variety of things (was she really? when?)...GREAT grades (I find it intriguing that she could manage to get good grades while moving schools and living with these ppl)...

The friend she went to stay with was one she had NEVER stayed with before...so who were her "regular" friends? What did she normally do with her friends? Where did they hang out? Who else might be around? What kind of group are these girls?

Was she outgoing? withdrawn? passive? aggressive? Is she the type who would put up with "advances" or would she fight? Was she into boys? Older boys?

She is no longer missing. And yes she is supposedly the sister of the cousin and is SA's cousin.

As of September 27, 2010 (when the article was written) she was still missing... had been for 21 years, since the age of 12. Where and when was she located? That's pretty amazing... like Jaycee Duggard, but without the publicity.

I know rewards are seldom a factor in these cases...but I am wondering, what if someone has info or suspicions about where Hailey might have been buried or hidded? The flyers I've seen indicate the reward is for bringing H home safely. In a small town, $15K might be enough to tip off LE if they have an idea of a place SA was often seen.

The key word may be "safely". There may not be a reward for a "not safe" recovery.

As of September 27, 2010 (when the article was written) she was still missing... had been for 21 years, since the age of 12. Where and when was she located? That's pretty amazing... like Jaycee Duggard, but without the publicity.

I was wrong on that and have said so many times in posts above. I am sorry to anyone whom I have confused....

This is not the cousin that was rumoured to be missing. We have no idea if this girl is related to SA. The one who was rumoured to be missing last Nov simply moved back to Scurry county and is accounted for.

The key word may be "safely". There may not be a reward for a "not safe" recovery.

I know that, but was wondering if that was the intention. Usually there is a reward for information leading to the conviction of a suspect, once a disappearance is a criminal investigation...

I'm stuck on looking at hunting grounds. I know it was said his family owned some land but there is a good chance he hunted on other property besides that. I did a search for hunting season dates for Scurry county:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/huntwild/hunt/season/county_listing/details/?county=Scurry

Chances are that BD knows where he has hunted. He's talked about cutting up deer with a chainsaw and I'm wondering where he disposed of those deer when he was done with them. It's my understanding that it would be illegal to shoot a deer and cut it up with a chainsaw and just leave it wherever. That would be a big no no for the game warden to get word of. If using a chainsaw to cut up a deer you wouldn't be worried about using the meat because the chainsaw would destroy it. You use a chainsaw to cut up a deer because for some sick reason you enjoy it. I have lots of hunters in my family and actually asked one of them if they had ever heard of someone doing that and they said "WT*, NO and that's sick!"

The trail cameras that were rumored to have the SD cards taken out of them is really bothering me. There is a reason they were taken (obviously) and as far as I can tell hunting season wasn't over yet so they would still be of use if they were being used for that. If the cams weren't going to be used anymore they would have just simply taken the cams down and not just taken the SD cards out. If they were indeed taken around the same time HD disappeared then chances are there is something on them that someone doesn't want to be seen. So if they were indeed taken then who had access to this land they were taken from? Who knew they were there and in that specific area of that land?

Trying to brainstorm here, bear with me :waitasec:

Sorry to quote myself but I wanted to elaborate on why I'm looking at this. SA had a period of about 2 hours that he has no cell pings after he leaves BD house and before he gets to his Mom's. I'm thinking that he was in an area that didn't get cell service during those 2 hours. IMO he's not smart enough to take out the battery to avoid pinging for just those 2 hours. I also want to know where his cell phone pings are on Tuesday when he was supposed to be at work as far as BD knew. Does he have those same mysterious periods of no pings? Did he go to the same area on Tuesday? Not really a question because I know we don't know but something to look for if they do release his pings for Tuesday.

I was wrong on that and have said so many times in posts above. I am sorry to anyone whom I have confused....

No biggie Dixie, it happens! No need to keep responding, all people have to do is read a few posts past yours to see it was cleared up:)

Here's a new thought.

What IF SA did go back to work on Tuesday? We have absolutely NO confirmation on his whereabouts at all. The company he works for is saying they are cooperating with LE and will not make any statements or comments. So, WHAT IF he did go back to work on Tuesday like nothing was wrong.

Now, of course, he would have been asked first thing Tuesday morning about his unusual walk-out on Monday. Would really like to know what he told them.

Its just a possibility. But one that should be thunk about.

I agree with the sentiment expressed here, but... answer these questions for me...

What did you eat for dinner last Tuesday?

What color underpants did you have on 4 days ago?

What socks did you wear New Years Day? (Surely you remember New Years Day!)

If you asked me these questions, I would really have to think to try to remember the answers. It's not because I am lying.

Shoot, if someone had me close my eyes and then asked me what color shirt -I- was currently wearing, I doubt if I'd know. The other residents of the house? Not a clue.

I find it really suspicious when someone DOES recall the details of what a child or someone else was wearing - unless it was something that was in some way special/remarkable (ie, dressed up for a party, etc.)

Here's a new thought.

What IF SA did go back to work on Tuesday? We have absolutely NO confirmation on his whereabouts at all. The company he works for is saying they are cooperating with LE and will not make any statements or comments. So, WHAT IF he did go back to work on Tuesday like nothing was wrong.

Now, of course, he would have been asked first thing Tuesday morning about his unusual walk-out on Monday. Would really like to know what he told them.

Its just a possibility. But one that should be thunk about.

Good question! You're right, I have seen no confirmation that he didn't go to work on Tuesday. It's my understanding that he hasn't been back to work since HD was reported missing but we don't know for sure about Tuesday.

But if he went back to work, why tell Billie about a blow-up that caused him to quit or be fired?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop