TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Timeline has been updated:

http://casesignal.wordpress.com/hailey-dunn/

I'll be continuing work on the Extended Timeline today, and I'm still looking for confirmation of:

- when the Texas Rangers joined the case, on or before Jan 2

- when D left the home and went to a friend's after 4:05pm Monday December 27 and before noon-ish when Billie called him Tuesday December 28

- any other significant event dates, times, info you come across!

Thank you!

BeanE,

You might make note that BD's mom lives on 17th street in Snyder (per SA's 911 call to Snyder police). Don't have a house number but 17th street is a short street and IMO you could drive the whole street in 2 minutes or less. If we ever come up with BD's place of employment it will help complete the timeline of the 27th.

Lil

IIRC the only phone ping records that have been released are SA's (for Monday 12/27) and Billie's (for approx 30 minutes pinging off the same tower in CC as SA's on the morning of 12/27.

-We know nothing of where SA's phone was pinging (if it was) on Tuesday, 12/28.
-We know nothing of where Billie's phone was aside from the 6:35 - 7:00 a.m. hour on 12/27 (and the only reason we know this is because it was needed in the affidavit to secure a search warrant).
-We know that Billie's phone was at her home on 12/28 at noon when she called DD (if DD's account is credible, which I assume it was).
-We now have confirmation that a text was sent to MB from Billie's phone on 12/27 at 2 p.m., but don't know where Billie's phone was located at the time and who sent the text. We don't know if MB responded to the text or not.

I think MB's mom is doing what LE has asked and not releasing anything to the media until they okay it (this 2 p.m. text info was released on NG and confirmed by Kampfer late last week, thus it was probably okay for MB's mom to confirm that a text had been sent). Personally, I believe the cell phone records will be the undoing of those who know where Hailey is. LE isn't releasing any more than they have to because it would jeopardize the investigation.

FWIW, I feel bad for MB and DD. I think they are two more kids caught in a terrible web. But, I am glad that LE grilled MB and her mom and hopefully are grilling DD too. Now that DD is officially in the custody of the state (with his uncle appointed as legal temporary guardian), I believe the uncle can authorize an interview and attend such interview with DD. Someone correct me if I'm wrong about that; that's what I ascertained from some brief research. Maybe Billie and Clint already allowed him to do so in the past, we don't know.

LE is doing their jobs and trying to get to the truth and figure out what happened to Hailey. They have faced changing accounts of times and the locations of the last person to see Hailey from the get-go; they need to talk to everyone who may have any knowledge about the critical hours before and after Hailey was last seen. If some innocent people's lives get turned upside down for a while in the process, it's a shame. If it brings answers that lead to Hailey, it's a sacrifice that anyone who knew her should be more than willing to make...JMO...

Bless you, lynnb.

I don't think any of us meant that we fault the child for the actions or inactions of their parents. But I'd have to say I'm one of those moms who have to really know the family of my daughter's friend before agreeing to let her sleep over.

I'm glad you gave those kids a safe and welcoming place to spend time and know they'd be well cared for.

Please don't misunderstand me. I agree 100% about knowing the parents/homelife before you let your child sleep somewhere. That's not what I meant at all.
One of the things that bugs me in all honesty is when MB's mom says Hailey never slept there. Why not? Was it because she didn't like BD? She had every reason not to want MB sleeping at Hailey's if it's true they were out wandering at night, but why did that stop Hailey from sleeping there? KWIM?

We know that back in Feb. BD was taking the phone with her - she used it to call LE and even said that DD did not have a phone at the house.

So, maybe BD had the phone with her that Monday and she was texting to MB - but actually talking to Hailey - or that's what she's saying. I know when my daughter didn't have a cell - she wasn't allowed to go anywhere without me having ALL the cell numbers of the friends she went with. (I also got all the friends numbers too)

But if that text pinged in Snyder - then BD could have said that she was texting MB to find out what Hailey was doing? Oh IDK anymore.

We just don't have enough information.

I'm with you on the confused state.

One question I'd really like answered is: did BD just leave her cell phone the day of Hailey going missing and the day after but never any other time? I guess BD's excuse could be that the kids were off for Christmas holidays and needed a phone.

Keep in mind that MB's mom's native language might not be English, so the way she expresses things might be a little different.

After 12 years in the States I still say the silliest things. And sometimes I say something that's perfectly clear to me but apparently means something completely different than I intended....or so do my husband say...hmm :waitasec:

I don't believe that the text came from H if it was not sent from the house or within CC, but I suppose (long shot) even if it came from the same area SA was known to be or to have been (say, en route to CC) then it could mean he had Hailey with him, but if so, wouldn't his mom have known? I tend to think he had the phone with him if the text did not originate in CC, not Hailey. So to me, if text came from anyplace except CC, she did not send it...maybe the phone is what he went back to CC for in the AM.

There's only one hospital in Synder.

Do we know she was still working at the hospital? Here is an article that gives dates she worked at the hospital and made it sound as if she wasn't currently working there...

In 2008, Billie Jean Dunn’s license to practice nursing in the state was revoked by the Texas Board of Nursing. According to the group’s formal charges, Dunn practiced as a vocational nurse without a license from June 1, 2007, to April 20, 2008, while employed at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. Board records indicate her license expired May 31, 2007.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/08/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/

Do we know she was still working at the hospital? Here is an article that gives dates she worked at the hospital and made it sound as if she wasn't currently working there...

In 2008, Billie Jean Dunn’s license to practice nursing in the state was revoked by the Texas Board of Nursing. According to the group’s formal charges, Dunn practiced as a vocational nurse without a license from June 1, 2007, to April 20, 2008, while employed at Cogdell Memorial Hospital in Snyder. Board records indicate her license expired May 31, 2007.

I was under the impression that she took the position of a ward secretary at the hospital after her license was revoked.

Please don't misunderstand me. I agree 100% about knowing the parents/homelife before you let your child sleep somewhere. That's not what I meant at all.
One of the things that bugs me in all honesty is when MB's mom says Hailey never slept there. Why not? Was it because she didn't like BD? She had every reason not to want MB sleeping at Hailey's if it's true they were out wandering at night, but why did that stop Hailey from sleeping there? KWIM?

I see your point lynn, and that's a good question...

We know that Hailey often slept over at her father's, and that she spent several weeks living with BD's relative and his girlfriend. She spent the night with her paternal grandmother. But - do we know if Hailey ever spent the night with any friends other than MB?

again why no response from mb? wouldnt she have thought it was Hailey ...

At 13, girls can be fickle friends. If MB was hanging out with other friends that day, and saw that " What R U Doing" text, she may have ignored it to be polite.

When my DD was that age the 'girl politics' was something else. What R U Doing is like saying ' Let's hang out,' but if you are doing something else already, then not replying is the safest reaction.

That is what makes it weird that HD didnt send a similar text to any other friends when she got no reply.

AND WHY WOULD SHE GO TO MB'S IF SHE GOT NO REPLY?

I just got caught up and here are my thoughts:

Rut roh!!! The COVER-UP PLAN is unraveling!

Was SA’s “deer in the headlights” look possibly because being seen by DD at the house at the 4p Mon was not in the COVER-UP PLAN? SA was startled to be seen? Did DD see the car at the house at that time?

Maybe the PLAN was to leave a note from HD (possibly forged by BD) stating the HD-was-going-to-CD’s-then-to-MB’s-for-a-sleepover story. IF so, maybe that’s why LE was looking for “letters” at the landfills.

IF SA knew to remove his own cell phone battery to avoid whereabouts detection, then SA knew that the Mon 2pm text (I'm assuming SA sent it) from BD’s phone to MB’s phone had to be placed from BD’s home or thereabout. SA could have easily left his own phone at his mom’s house or in that area, battery in place, pinging away.

Since DD saw SA at 4p Mon, SA might have reluctantly had to place himself as the last person said to have seen HD (whether true or not at that particular time!)

For the supposed BD/SA 15-minute visit to BD’s mom’s house on Mon Dec 27 eve, has BD’s mom confirmed this visit? Or did BD and SA use this time to get drugs and retrieve SA’s phone?

Sorry - lots of assumptions, questions and probably holes.

Or was it MB simply because her mom had made a stink about the girls being out at night when MB spent the night with HD? It might have got back to BD and she didn't like anyone saying anything about the way she parents.

Her employer is keeping her on as a ward clerk while she attempts to straighten out the license issues. She had a court date for this month, but I do not know if Hailey disappearing impacts her ability to appear there.

Her employer is keeping her on as a ward clerk while she attempts to straighten out the license issues. She had a court date for this month, but I do not know if Hailey disappearing impacts her ability to appear there.

BBM

I guess I missed the info on the court date this month, do you have the link handy?

Or was it MB simply because her mom had made a stink about the girls being out at night when MB spent the night with HD? It might have got back to BD and she didn't like anyone saying anything about the way she parents.

This. MB spends the night and the girls are out late unattended. BD would have to swallow some pride to call/visit this Mom and ask 'have you seen H? I can't find her.'

jmo

I'm anxious to hear from redcat....hopefully she can tell us if LE knew about the couch.

I just got caught up and here are my thoughts:

Rut roh!!! The COVER-UP PLAN is unraveling!

Was SA’s “deer in the headlights” look possibly because being seen by DD at the house at the 4p Mon was not in the COVER-UP PLAN? SA was startled to be seen? Did DD see the car at the house at that time?

Maybe the PLAN was to leave a note from HD (possibly forged by BD) stating the HD-was-going-to-CD’s-then-to-MB’s-for-a-sleepover story. IF so, maybe that’s why LE was looking for “letters” at the landfills.

IF SA knew to remove his own cell phone battery to avoid whereabouts detection, then SA knew that the Mon 2pm text (I'm assuming SA sent it) from BD’s phone to MB’s phone had to be placed from BD’s home or thereabout. SA could have easily left his own phone at his mom’s house or in that area, battery in place, pinging away.

Since DD saw SA at 4p Mon, SA might have reluctantly had to place himself as the last person said to have seen HD (whether true or not at that particular time!)

For the supposed BD/SA 15-minute visit to BD’s mom’s house on Mon Dec 27 eve, has BD’s mom confirmed this visit? Or did BD and SA use this time to get drugs and retrieve SA’s phone?

Sorry - lots of assumptions, questions and probably holes.

I can't remember the times his phone was not pinging anywhere...does anyone else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop