TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #43

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT, I feel for elizabeths family. She was also considered a runaway, just like all the others they think she's a runaway and comes up that she's been murdered. They requested the sureveilence a little to late. If they had given her some media attention she could have been saved, I seen on NG last night that someone actually saw her and the man who took her life in a parking lot and had she known she was missing she would have notified someone. Just goes to show that kids regardless of age are considered runaways even if they've never done it before. There are 3 cases in the last month in TX that they have considered runaways from the start an then come to find out when all is to late that they are or were in trouble. That's pretty sad coming from the state that started the AA. Laws need to be changed or revamped to prevent these innocent children of becoming victims. It gives abductors the chance to notice that if a child is over a certain age they can pretty much get what job they need to because nobodies going to look for them for days or weeks even.

I think if H wanted to run away, she would have taken stuff and would have left in the morning. Why would she wait until SA got home to provide herself with a alibi to run away. No one was paying any attention to her anyway. She was apparently there all day until 3pm without her mother even calling to see if she was okay.

MOO

That is so true and so sad!!!!!!!!!!!!:waitasec:

I doubt very much she ran away. I was just wondering, what if she tried to get a ride out to her grandma's and the wrong person saw her and picked her up? That is why I was wondering if she ever did that before, try to catch a ride to visit her. That would be one place she might not take anything. But then why lie to SA? None of this makes sense...

Why talk to SA at all....Billie said that she often just left notes about where she was going....so since she did not like SA much, why would she wait till he got home just to leave 15 minutes later? Most kids that age will avoid conflict or restriction of assumed freedoms if at all possible. Why would she not just leave a few minutes earlier and avoid him altogether??

jmo

I think if H wanted to run away, she would have taken stuff and would have left in the morning. Why would she wait until SA got home to provide herself with a alibi to run away. No one was paying any attention to her anyway. She was apparently there all day until 3pm without her mother even calling to see if she was okay.

MOO
Or perhaps her mother did not call because she knew all too well whether or not HD was "ok."

I'm curious so here's another poll:

Do you still thank that SA is guilty, regardless of the 2:00pm text on Monday?

'Thank' this message if you think he is.

Why talk to SA at all....Billie said that she often just left notes about where she was going....so since she did not like SA much, why would she wait till he got home just to leave 15 minutes later? Most kids that age will avoid conflict or restriction of assumed freedoms if at all possible. Why would she not just leave a few minutes earlier and avoid him altogether??

jmo
Hailey had the phone. Why didn't she just call mom at work and tell her? BD called DD the next day from work - so I don't think a child calling to check in with mom would be frowned upon - especially since work was a hospital. If Hailey had the phone - then why didn't she just call BD and tell her where she was going?

SA is the one providing the information that Hailey left then. How much do we believe him? (after the job lie he told BD) So, we look to BD......

I'm curious so here's another poll - for those of you have thought that SA did it:

[BDo you still thank that SA is guilty, regardless of the 2:00pm text on Monday? [/B]

'Thank' this message if if does.

I very well may have missed it, but do we even know where that phone was when that text was made? For me..knowing THAT would tell the tale..or at least part of it...

Hailey had the phone. Why didn't she just call mom at work and tell her? BD called DD the next day from work - so I don't think a child calling to check in with mom would be frowned upon - especially since work was a hospital. If Hailey had the phone - then why didn't she just call BD and tell her where she was going?

Wouldn't BD be the one at work that has a phone right beside her, and an ext. #?

I keep feeling like she got a ride too. Maybe from a friend of a friend.

I can see the potential for that scenario. We all know it can happen like that and it often does.

But first I would love to see what activity there was or wasn't on Billie's prepaid cell that day. And even the night before.

IF she did get a ride from someone to go somewhere then I really have to believe she had some communication about it.

She texted MB and never received a reply. So why would she go over and expect to sleep there if there had been no reply.

So that means IF she told that story to SA it was a lie. Where was she really going? It appears that none of her closest gf's knew about any secret destinations or secret boyfriends. I find that really odd.

Whenever Hailey is ready

yeah, and no need for a plea to call someone before she's 'ready' to let mom, dad and LE know she's ok. Maybe it's just me but that spoke volumes...

That and the fact that IIRC she looked at the interviewer the whole time, not the camera..don't believe that Hailey was hiding behind that person for her to be speaking in that direction..just sayin...

I very well may have missed it, but do we even know where that phone was when that text was made? For me..knowing THAT would tell the tale..or at least part of it...

For all we know BD's phone was at the same location as SA's phone in Big Springs.

OT, I feel for elizabeths family. She was also considered a runaway, just like all the others they think she's a runaway and comes up that she's been murdered. They requested the sureveilence a little to late. If they had given her some media attention she could have been saved, I seen on NG last night that someone actually saw her and the man who took her life in a parking lot and had she known she was missing she would have notified someone. Just goes to show that kids regardless of age are considered runaways even if they've never done it before. There are 3 cases in the last month in TX that they have considered runaways from the start an then come to find out when all is to late that they are or were in trouble. That's pretty sad coming from the state that started the AA. Laws need to be changed or revamped to prevent these innocent children of becoming victims. It gives abductors the chance to notice that if a child is over a certain age they can pretty much get what job they need to because nobodies going to look for them for days or weeks even.

There are a far greater number of runaway teens than there are ones who are kidnapped and/or murdered, all over the country, not just in Texas.

LE was told in Elizabeth's case that she may have run away with the man's son, so the runaway theory did NOT start with LE in this case.

The distance from Big Springs to Colorado City is 39 miles on an flat, straight interstate with a speed limit of 75 mph. If SA left his cell at his mom's, drove to Hailey's and texted MB at 2:00, he would have time to make it back to Big Springs by 2:40 pm.

That would be the same premise, I guess. If she called and asked the answer might be no or at least maybe "not until you do the dishes and vacuum". If she just left a note and got out of there before SA got home, then no one was going to stop her from doing what she wanted. So....the story makes no sense at all....why would she wait when she knew the routine and knew she could just leave a note and be free to go.

jmo

================================================
01-17-2011, 06:13 PM
czgtz

Quote:

She said she came home at noon TUESDAY when DD told her that Hailey had never made it to MB or Clint's house.
===============================================

So if we use common sense, we kind of have to assume that she saw the text on the phone.
She rushes home to see if her missing daughter is home yet. First thing she would do is grab the cell phone, the one her daughter was using when she was home last, and the one she would call if she needed help.
Wouldn't she immediately LOOK at the call log and the stored texts?

Thanks so much for that, katy. I looked and looked and couldn't it. I was awfully sleepy this morning lol.

That's probably what was in the back of my mind.

I really appreciate you digging for it.

OMG!!!!!!

Authorities Investigating If Dunn's Case And A Missing Lubbock Teen Are Linked

By Jacqueline Hince, KTXS News
POSTED: 5:15 pm CST January 25, 2011
EmailPrint
AAAText Size
UPDATED: 5:42 pm CST January 25, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas -- Authorities in Colorado City are investigating if the case of missing teen Hailey Dunn, and a Lubbock 15-year old, who went missing and was found dead Monday, are connected.
At this time they do not believe the cases have anything to do with one another.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26614247/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member