TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hailey (per Grandma) said he talked on the phone and walked around the house at night, and she had seen his feet by her door.

Some people wander around a lot when they talk on the phone. I suspect this is why cordless phones are so popular. Nobody has ever claimed SA went into the room, just that he walked around the relatively small house where Hailey saw him through her bedroom doorway, not IN her bedroom doorway.
LisaB,
You may have to search to find the correct NG interview but Hailey's grandmother said Hailey was afraid of Shawn because she could see his feet at her bedroom door at night when she was in bed. Grandmom didn't say Shawn was walking up and down the hallway when on the phone.

And no one mentioned the "relatively small house." :waitasec:

Well, it's not exactly like Clint not taking a poly. From what I've understood him to say, he's willing, but has never been asked by LE to take one. Billie, however, was asked and did take one - but failed.

Time and again, I hear that the best thing parents in this situation can do is clear themselves conclusively so police can move on. It boggles the mind that this has not been done. STATISTICALLY, Clint is as likely and anyone to have done this, which is NOT an accusation, but a LDT would clarify. Is LE refusing because of a lack of faith in their polygrapher and a fear that he and others might also fail, calling SA and BD's results into question?

:deadhorse:
The affidavit is a statement by the police officer requesting the warrant, not a statement by Shawn. He did not "admit to" anything "in the affidavit". IOW, the officer paraphrased material collected over many hours of questioning of Shawn and Billie to construct the affidavit which represents what LE claims Shawn admitted to in STATEMENTS we have not seen. Until we do, I can't see how we can address this statement (and several others).

LE officers don't lie in affidavits......do they?

I understand people will defend Shawn even though this is a criminal investigation (per LE). But it doesn't change the fact that as of 01/14/11--

Adkins now called "suspect" in teenager's disappearance
http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13846660

If Billie took another poly, and passed, would that in your mind absolve her of any knowledge of Hailey's disappearance (or coverup after the fact)?And along those same lines, what if Shawn took another and passed - would that change your feelings on him at all, or has he already proved himself to be involved simply by his odd actions at work and with LE?

Trust... but verify. I think it would go a long way in the court of public opinion, and that there'd be a lot of people picking their jaws up off the ground if Shawn passed. I believe the current test results are standing in the way of the investigation and the search for Hailey. There are a lot of people who think that anyone who failed this test, was involved in Hailey's disappearance. Clearing that up would help a lot and get LE to focus elsewhere.

Yes there is, but it isn't on Websleuths. The directions on how to get in the chat are at that link.
I had to override my firewall to get in. That might be the problem some people are having...their firewalls are keeping them out.

Someone needs to file an FOIA request for the 2-14-2011 police reports. If it is in there, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I have to say it didn't go down like that. If he had threatened Hailey, it WOULD HAVE BEEN mentioned in the police report. If Shawn, 10 months later, is claiming he said that, I have to wonder why? Seems like some of his questions (who to look at, where to look, and this) may have been geared to mislead them... or to get him into the spotlight. Why? Either he knows he didn't do anything to Hailey and is "having fun" with LE or he did and now just wants to play cat and mouse with LE.

above snipped from Lisab

I am not only interested in the actual police report but who wrote the report. I have been in abusive relationship long ago and I had called the police several times, when I got the report it was a little inaccurate as to what I did and didnt say. (example being I stated to officer suspect hit me in the stomach that night.. the police report stated suspect has a "history" of punching victem in the stomach... so LE does give their version or what they think they hear in conversation to them.

In all the police reports that i made only ONCE did the officer have me write out on the report front and back attached in my own handwriting what occured.

I am interested in Feb 2010 report as to whom wrote it.. DB in a statment or LE.

I can see that in questioning during the poly that they very well may have asked did he threaten HD.. perhaps he did deny it and then knew that in some way he did even if in a phrase as I will kill everyone in the home.. somthing to that extent.. and he knew that he had to admitt it or another reason he would flunk test...

(by the way, I did get out of the abusive relationship.. it took just one time after my daughter was born. One week out of the hospital and he threw a pillow near me holding our child.. that was what it took.. I in no way was going to ever have my daughter in her lifetime as a child or adult watch me be abused and perhaps subject it to her also emotionally or physically)

Time and again, I hear that the best thing parents in this situation can do is clear themselves conclusively so police can move on. It boggles the mind that this has not been done. STATISTICALLY, Clint is as likely and anyone to have done this, which is NOT an accusation, but a LDT would clarify. Is LE refusing because of a lack of faith in their polygrapher and a fear that he and others might also fail, calling SA and BD's results into question?

Good point.

I certainly don't think that's the case at all - that would be way too much of a stretch for me in this case.

I think LE hasn't polygraphed Clint because Clint hasn't given them one iota of reason to believe he was involved in Hailey's disappearance in any way, shape, or form.

In my view, that LE has not polygraphed Clint speaks highly to both his credibility and indicates that he has a solid alibi.

I find the constant finger pointing, both implicit and explicit, at the innocent parties, and innocent victims such as Clint, in this case disturbing.

JMO. My gut feeling is this case has gone cold. It saddens me and causes fear too.
I don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that BD or SA had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. MK and LR have left. LE has scaled down manpower. Searchers are dwindling. It has been 1 month. What causes the fear is there just might be someone lurking around CCity waiting for another chance at another child. JMO and a sad one at that.

http://www.ktxs.com/download/2011/0112/26466351.pdf

According to this sworn affidavit:

The Colorado City Police Department responded to 1804 Chestnut Street in February of 2010 to a domestic dispute. ADKINS was alleged to have threatened to kill Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute. ADKINS first informed investigators he never threatened Hailey DUNN, but later confirmed to investigators he did in fact threaten the lives of both Billie Jean DUNN and Hailey DUNN during the dispute.

ETA: This interview/interrogation of SA was conducted'witnessed by 3 LE officers - Sides, Gilly, and Police Chief Bivins. I have no reason to believe that all 3 officers (including Police Chief Bivins) are not reporting the truth of what was stated by Shawn Adkins.

Isn't it possible that the officers told SA that it was in the 911 calls/report, and they continued to pressure and he said he might have threatened HD. Since I didn't hear it myself in the 911 calls released I am inclined to believe that he threaten BD and CD but may not have threatened to harm HD. We know that LE is allowed to lie in interrogations and also there are many false confessions. Having said that, I think BD should be afraid of SA and not trust him given all the other details in this case.

Someone needs to file an FOIA request for the 2-14-2011 police reports. If it is in there, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I have to say it didn't go down like that. If he had threatened Hailey, it WOULD HAVE BEEN mentioned in the police report. If Shawn, 10 months later, is claiming he said that, I have to wonder why? Seems like some of his questions (who to look at, where to look, and this) may have been geared to mislead them... or to get him into the spotlight. Why? Either he knows he didn't do anything to Hailey and is "having fun" with LE or he did and now just wants to play cat and mouse with LE.

Wonder if Redcat will ask if there was a police report. Everyone is assuming just because there is a 911 call there was a police report when that might not be the case.

I certainly don't think that's the case at all - that would be way too much of a stretch for me in this case.

I think LE hasn't polygraphed Clint because Clint hasn't given them one iota of reason to believe he was involved in Hailey's disappearance in any way, shape, or form.

In my view, that LE has not polygraphed Clint speaks highly to both his credibility and indicates that he has a solid alibi.

I find the constant finger pointing, both implicit and explicit, at the innocent parties, and innocent victims such as Clint, in this case disturbing.

This is the way I interpreted the post.....
If LE administered polygraph to CD and he failed (not because he had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, just faulty testing) then that failure would bring into question BD and SA failure of the poly.

I do not think for 1 second that CD had one thing to do with Hailey being missing.

JMO. My gut feeling is this case has gone cold. It saddens me and causes fear too.
I don't know beyond a shadow of a doubt that BD or SA had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance. MK and LR have left. LE has scaled down manpower. Searchers are dwindling. It has been 1 month. What causes the fear is there just might be someone lurking around CCity waiting for another chance at another child. JMO and a sad one at that.

It hasn't gone cold. We already have one named suspect, LE has been saying for a while they have more persons of interest, and there was an article just last night that LE is investigating leads and more POIs outside of Colorado City.

Hailey (per Grandma) said he talked on the phone and walked around the house at night, and she had seen his feet by her door.

Some people wander around a lot when they talk on the phone. I suspect this is why cordless phones are so popular. Nobody has ever claimed SA went into the room, just that he walked around the relatively small house where Hailey saw him through her bedroom doorway, not IN her bedroom doorway.

But for an eleven year old child at the time,home filled with horror movies,horror movie videos with custom masks,knives and chainsaws,hearing SA talk to people on the phone when everyone is sleeping about drugs and then standing in front of your door would freak anyone out,much less a child.KWIM He's the mom's lover,why was he standing at a little girl's door?

This is the way I interpreted the post.....
If LE administered polygraph to CD and he failed (not because he had anything to do with Hailey's disappearance, just faulty testing) then that failure would bring into question BD and SA failure of the poly.

I do not think for 1 second that CD had one thing to do with Hailey being missing.

I dont think he did either. Lets PRETEND PLAY for a second.

What if he had his mother say that stuff about SA because he wanted SA looked at ? What if his mother hadnt said that HD was afraid and walking by her door?

What would we think then?

If the normal suspects (like the list or people LE looks at first) are not eliminated by the exact same standands used to eliminate other suspects
how can we be sure they are not involved? I dont know if clint was not arround at all that day or not but since the last sighting is a 9:00 on the 26 th confirmed then it seems logical to think he was in the area within reach of Hailey at some point in the 36 hours.

Really the case has nothing to do with what I think and everything to do with finding Hailey and with that being the most important thing Clint and grandma should have been asked to take a LDT. As well as Billie mother. And it should be like that in ALL missing children cases so we dont have to wonder years later is the family was involved.

I have seen alot of older cases where parents were not suspects and people stop looking after years and never pick up interest again because they suspect the parents for no reason. people read and think "did her parents do something to her" Which makes the most sence to most people because it sounds crazy that someone would grab a kid. crazy does happen but it is easier for people to blame parents than to think about something like that happening. Which is why most people do not follow missing kids cases.

It would stiff be a benifit for clint to take a LDT in case Hailey'is case is not resolved .(I pray she is found )

When a child is missing all parents and caregivers should take them.

Wonder if Redcat will ask if there was a police report. Everyone is assuming just because there is a 911 call there was a police report when that might not be the case.

An incident report by the officer and you hear more when you go to the home and it gets written up.SA said on his 911 the uncle was mentioned,but on BD's she doesn't mention the uncle,so there was alot more to this than on the 911 calls.This CC officer said BD had been going all day and the officer in Snyder talking to dispatcher in CC said SA had been calling around to a number of LE offices.

I have to agree with this. Suspecting Billie in some way for me doesn't rest on her failed polygraph test or on her demeanor, mostly it's because of her evasive and inconsistent statements. She doesn't answer questions properly, she dances around with her off-the-wall remarks, and she keeps changing her story. Plus there's a lack of emotion and lack of urgency in her voice. Not to mention her wording, "Hailey isn't in the home". WTH? That's just bizarre.

The only time I've seen any REAL emotion from her is when she talks about her most unusual boyfriend. Very, very disturbing.

Even if she passed five polygraph exams and shed a million tears onscreen, if she were still skirting the questions and giving inconsistent answers, she'd be on MY suspect list - suspected as in "knowing something" or worse.

That's just the way it is.

I agree with this because guilty people can pass poly's. It's not just one this in this case, it's the entire picture.

The entire picture,mainly her demeanor,lack of emotion when people are talking about the horrible things done to Zahra or others speaking what could have been done and BD's emotionless face doesn't flinch.Her lack of emotion in speaking to her daughter,and looking down at a card last week speaking to her.She's learning to get a little more emotion this week and some tears,maybe it's the medication and she's not on as much,I don't know.It could be her personality and we're misreading,I don't know about that either,but all in all it's been disturbing,speaking as a mother with a teen daughter.She's spent more time downplaying SA's involvement than Hailey's disappearance.And CD's backing away from her after the affadavits were made public speaks volumes.Look and listen to the two teens mothers just this week and that's how a mother would react with thier child missing.

Isn't it possible that the officers told SA that it was in the 911 calls/report, and they continued to pressure and he said he might have threatened HD. Since I didn't hear it myself in the 911 calls released I am inclined to believe that he threaten BD and CD but may not have threatened to harm HD. We know that LE is allowed to lie in interrogations and also there are many false confessions. Having said that, I think BD should be afraid of SA and not trust him given all the other details in this case.

One thing to remember is that, when researching SA's background, LE probably did not go to the 911 calls (at least right away). They probably looked up police reports first, IMHO, since they probably have that more readily available at their fingertips.

And if it's not in there, then my theory is this:

The threat against Billie:

I think that if you were to tell 911 that your BF was threatening your life, they would take it up as a dispute between two adults - and give the complainant the option of pressing charges or not when they respond to the call. I'm assuming that BD did not press charges, unless there's an arrest record out there.

But moving on to the possible threats against Hailey:

HOWEVER, if someone were to call 911 and say that their BF threatened to kill their child (either on the recorded call or when LE responded in person), then would the adult have the option to press charges or not, or would LE and/or CPS take over at that point? (Can someone more familiar with threats against children clarify?) Perhaps BD didn't report the whole story at the time for this reason and SA later 'fessed up during the recent questioning.

In addition, based on the reaction of the LE in this case, I would not be surprised if SA did in fact threaten the life of HD and yet it didn't make it into the written report b/c of the 'hassle' it would be - more investigations, more questioning, maybe CPS involved if it was decided that he was in fact living there, etc. (I know WS not into LE-bashing, but IMHO after the tape was released, it seems that the one officer is fair game to some degree regarding the seriousness with which he took all of these threats.)

Still drinking my first cup of coffee so I hope this all makes sense. And it's all speculation and MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3