TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep in mind that every person is different from others. While we have some similar reactions to similar situations it is very dangerous to look at one person in a situation and assume that another should act the same in a similar situation. IF BD was in an abusive situation it is quite possible that she has dissociated from her emotions to some degree and has some difficulties experiencing a full range of emotions.

Then again, some people just deal with grief differently. I remember when I was 24 or so, my grandfather died and toward the end of the graveside service one of the funeral directors pulled me aside and basically chewed me out for not crying. That is just not me. I dealt with my sadness for my grandfather (who was far closer to me than my parents) in my own way. I am not saying this is the case with BD, but we need to be careful judging her guilt/innocence based on her emotional response to a tragic situation. IMO

Keep in mind that every person is different from others. While we have some similar reactions to similar situations it is very dangerous to look at one person in a situation and assume that another should act the same in a similar situation. IF BD was in an abusive situation it is quite possible that she has dissociated from her emotions to some degree and has some difficulties experiencing a full range of emotions.

Then again, some people just deal with grief differently. I remember when I was 24 or so, my grandfather died and toward the end of the graveside service one of the funeral directors pulled me aside and basically chewed me out for not crying. That is just not me. I dealt with my sadness for my grandfather (who was far closer to me than my parents) in my own way. I am not saying this is the case with BD, but we need to be careful judging her guilt/innocence based on her emotional response to a tragic situation. IMO

This is sooo true. Susan Smith comes to mind. She bawled and squalled on TV, begged for the return of her boys in between wiping the real tears and blowing her nose and I believed every word she said. Susan Smith showed every emotion most would consider normal for the mother of missing children but this "grief stricken" mother strapped her boys in their car seats and drove them into water so they could drown and just left them.
People react differently to any given situation, there is NO normal.

Someone needs to file an FOIA request for the 2-14-2011 police reports. If it is in there, I'll buy it. Otherwise, I have to say it didn't go down like that. If he had threatened Hailey, it WOULD HAVE BEEN mentioned in the police report. If Shawn, 10 months later, is claiming he said that, I have to wonder why? Seems like some of his questions (who to look at, where to look, and this) may have been geared to mislead them... or to get him into the spotlight. Why? Either he knows he didn't do anything to Hailey and is "having fun" with LE or he did and now just wants to play cat and mouse with LE.

i've wondered if sa is just toying with le myself, giving all this contradicting answers about things..
one would think that if someone was truly guilty they wouldn't give contradicting answer and delete texts before investigators, its as if he wants le to look at him.
maybe he is just loving the spotlight his actions sure confuse the case

Time and again, I hear that the best thing parents in this situation can do is clear themselves conclusively so police can move on. It boggles the mind that this has not been done. STATISTICALLY, Clint is as likely and anyone to have done this, which is NOT an accusation, but a LDT would clarify. Is LE refusing because of a lack of faith in their polygrapher and a fear that he and others might also fail, calling SA and BD's results into question?

Or because they don't have reason at the present time to suspect him? Perhaps his information was not contradictory or his alibi checked out?

Clint is a victim. We are going down a slippery slope with posts implying he hasn't cleared himself. He hasn't been named a POI or suspect.

Clint may be discussed so far as his actions, what is reported in MSM and what Law Enforcement has said about him. Anything does not meet TOS.

Wonder if Redcat will ask if there was a police report. Everyone is assuming just because there is a 911 call there was a police report when that might not be the case.

If police respond to a call there would be a report even if it were minimal. I don't know what kind of system C-City PD uses but many agencies have everything on a computer database now. The call is entered into the computer and downloaded to the investigating officer who puts the narrative in after attending the call.

It's not just one thing. It's the entire picture.

CZ the Chief of Police was in the interview with SA and thus signed the affidavit. From my reading of that affidavit the Chief and other officers were attesting to a past police report in which SA admitted to threatening Hailey. It is not unusual for a police department to check calls to a particular location for several years back in the case of a new call to a home.

Doing a complete background on the parties as part of their investigation into even traffic tickets is routinely done. That doesn't mean that the Chief was Chief then, only that upon review of the records, there is record of this admission somewhere on file.

I hear this every single call on the scanner. They will record of any domestic abuse, drug problems, any police activity at all. They can tell if there was a 911 hang up, a dog complaint, a call for medical aid.

The affidavit is referencing a previous event in my reading which provided background into another incident.

This is exactly how things usually work when police are responding to calls. Like Grandmaj says, listen to a police scanner.
Most LE computer systems will come up with the history as soon as you put in an address.
Don't assume that the 911 calls tell the whole story because often they do not.

If police respond to a call there would be a report even if it were minimal. I don't know what kind of system C-City PD uses but many agencies have everything on a computer database now. The call is entered into the computer and downloaded to the investigating officer who puts the narrative in after attending the call.

Let me see what I can do on this.....

what if sa and bd failed the polygraph if they were asked questions like "have you ever wanted to kill someone" and since they do have the interest in horror (to sa it seems an obsession) they tried to lie to not look suspect and failed the test?
it could be possible a random stranger took hailey

when sa said hailey was going over her dads then to go sleep over her friends house, did the stepmom see her that day or not?

Nurse and I follow each other around on the web............:floorlaugh:

But moving on to the possible threats against Hailey:

HOWEVER, if someone were to call 911 and say that their BF threatened to kill their child (either on the recorded call or when LE responded in person), then would the adult have the option to press charges or not, or would LE and/or CPS take over at that point? (Can someone more familiar with threats against children clarify?) Perhaps BD didn't report the whole story at the time for this reason and SA later 'fessed up during the recent questioning.

In addition, based on the reaction of the LE in this case, I would not be surprised if SA did in fact threaten the life of HD and yet it didn't make it into the written report b/c of the 'hassle' it would be - more investigations, more questioning, maybe CPS involved if it was decided that he was in fact living there, etc. (I know WS not into LE-bashing, but IMHO after the tape was released, it seems that the one officer is fair game to some degree regarding the seriousness with which he took all of these threats.)

Still drinking my first cup of coffee so I hope this all makes sense. And it's all speculation and MOO.

respectfully snipped and BBM

Belimom, you and I are on the same wavelength here. And I'm leaning toward BD not admitting to LE that he'd made threats to Hailey. Not an outright lie - but a deliberate omission.

How could you later justify to LE, or to Clint, allowing your boyfriend to move in after he'd threatened your child?

"How much she's loved and missed," she said, with tears in her eyes, "I hope she knows."

This does not match the video. :snooty:

Yeah, I've caught that a couple of times. They try to help her out eh?

The school video only makes things more unlikely with the "story" being told by SA etc.
Hailey was wearing a hoody type jacket IN SCHOOL, she was also wearing one IN THE HOUSE in the Christmas pictures. So......it makes absolutely no sense that she would leave the house on a chilly day, planning to WALK to at least two destinations with only a t-shirt and flip flops on her feet. She also has the dark colored tennis shoes on in this video clip.

jmo

Nurse and I follow each other around on the web............:floorlaugh:
LOL teh! We do! I haven't had much to say lately on this case because I pretty much have given my opinion on what we know so far in these last forty odd threads.

I PRAY that LE gets that one little bit they need to figure out this mystery of what happened to Hailey and bring her home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman