TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
An incident report by the officer and you hear more when you go to the home and it gets written up.SA said on his 911 the uncle was mentioned,but on BD's she doesn't mention the uncle,so there was alot more to this than on the 911 calls.This CC officer said BD had been going all day and the officer in Snyder talking to dispatcher in CC said SA had been calling around to a number of LE offices.

I appreciate the confidence in law enforcement in general which has been voiced here at WS. I have spent 18+ years with a man who is now dealing with all aspects of law enforcement good and bad, every day. If every sworn officer in every agency was without serious flaws, both of our lives would be much easier. Because we are all human, this is not the case.

The professionalism and dedication of most LEO's is admirable. For the most part, they are honest, fair, and in love with their job. This fact makes it doubly hard for those officers and their families to tolerate the few whose own personality problems, predjudices, lack of knowldege, dishonesty or lifestyle prevent them from serving the people; all of the people, as thier oath requires. Add to the equasion the fact that even the best sometimes make serious mistakes.

These observations lead me to conclude that even an affadavit written in good faith by an impeccably trained and dedicated LEO might contain a mistake. An affadavit written by an officer who might be over-worked, under-paid, less experienced, poorly supervised, less educated, or personally predjudiced probably contains more than a few.

Domestic violence and terroristic threats are the most dangerous situations frequently faced by LEOs. Citizens expect police to treat those who are faced with a threat to their life with dignity and respect, regardless of the victim's sex, race, or social status.

In light of the derogatory remark made by the responding officer, it seems to me that it would have been a no-brainer for LE to include some kind of documentation or recording of any other contact with BD or SA. Because they did not, I suspect that what they released was all that they had to back up the officer's assertion that BD, (and interestingly not SA, the alledged aggressor) had been "going all day".

This indicates an inability of the responding officer to provide a reliable, fair and accurate account of the day's incidents involving BD; the object of his derogatory remark.

MOO

Maybe they have cleared her and just haven't bothered to tell us. They obviously do not suspect Clint IMO yet they haven't come out and said that either. The link said "PROPER" investigation, I'll assume that means LE, FBI, Rangers etc...

My retired LE acquaintance says LE never "clears" anybody, because new evidence that shows up tomorrow might change everything. The most you can ever say is that there's no evidence pointing to a particular person.

from the above link

"A non-profit Foundation created to assist a family who have missing children because of an apparent abduction and who, after proper investigative vetting, are determined not to be culpable in the disappearance "

bbm

huh? wonder who has properly vetted bd? first iv heard of this?

from concernedmother's link:

Officials also are following new leads as they arise, but the nature of those leads has changed, Kampfer said.

"Right now, the types of leads may be more in the regional context, farther in different places away from Colorado City, and maybe also seeing persons of interest in other places. All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."

The new leads are being followed by various law enforcement agencies, said Patrick Toombs, sheriff of Mitchell County.

interesting.... so persons of interest may have been seen in other places!

I'm wondering if he's referring to Elizabeth Ennen's case. There was an article saying they were looking into whether there's a connection, although they don't think there is one. Nevertheless, they do have to investigate it in order to rule it out. That would tie in the leads and POIs.

she can count on him. The kids were not scared of him. While of course I have not had the opportunity to talk to Hailey about this, DD has not given any indication that he dislikes Shawn. I dont really know what else to say, because I cannot just reach into Billie's heart and pull her feelings out.

QUOTE]

Out of curiousity who apart from Billie has told you that Hailey wasnt scared of Shawn? Because several people have said there were definetly issues between her and him.,

All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."

They use that alot. I think they do have pieces of evidence they are fitting together to take before a grand jury.

from the above link

"A non-profit Foundation created to assist a family who have missing children because of an apparent abduction and who, after proper investigative vetting, are determined not to be culpable in the disappearance "

Sounds to me like they have sympathy for Billie since she's been on NG so much. I think since Clint hasn't been out the media so much, he's just been forgotten in all of this, which is sad. I think this foundation is reaching out to help someone they think is innocent, and I hope they're right. I hope the money they give her doesn't immediately go into a defense fund for SA or doesn't go through BD's hands like water. If she's innocent, she needs to put this money to good use for finding her daughter. Actually, I don't know if they will give her money or just help out with searches or what. I'm not sure how this works. In any event, BD needs to not waste the help that is being given to her. First it was Mark Klaas, and now this foundation is helping her out. I sure hope all of these people aren't wrong about BD.

This is so deja-vu to me, reminding me of Cindy Anthony and her Caylee Foundation...only this time it's a separate foundation that is innocently helping someone with a missing child who may or may not be involved in that child going missing...

You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable.....but let's pretend for a moment that BD and CD were parents involved in two different cases. Both were an equal distance from you but you could only go and help one family.....based on what's been in the public eye to date....which would you be more apt to load up your dog and gear and go help?

But aren't people seeking to help the child, the victim, rather than a parent? Look at all the cases we work on here, with the horrifying parents - abusers, rapists, pedophiles, murderers, etc etc etc. Most of the time, most of us are seeking to help the child, IMO.

"Grant support".......what exactly does that mean? Money? What? And I'm kinda getting a little angry at the way CD is getting pushed aside by these people. It's his daughter too. Do they not think he's suffering also?
I agree, but remember, Somer's mother was perceived by the public in very much the same way BD is viewed by so many of us. She was considered a suspect by some, neglectful, cold and indifferent by many. In the end, it turned out that she had nothing to do with Somer's death. I'm not surprised that she's extending a hand to BD.

Sounds to me like they have sympathy for Billie since she's been on NG so much. I think since Clint hasn't been out the media so much, he's just been forgotten in all of this, which is sad. I think this foundation is reaching out to help someone they think is innocent, and I hope they're right. I hope the money they give her doesn't immediately go into a defense fund for SA or doesn't go through BD's hands like water. If she's innocent, she needs to put this money to good use for finding her daughter. Actually, I don't know if they will give her money or just help out with searches or what. I'm not sure how this works. In any event, BD needs to not waste the help that is being given to her. First it was Mark Klaas, and now this foundation is helping her out. I sure hope all of these people aren't wrong about BD.

This is so deja-vu to me, reminding me of Cindy Anthony and her Caylee Foundation...only this time it's a separate foundation that is innocently helping someone with a missing child who may or may not be involved in that child going missing...

Respectfully, BBM

From the foundation website:

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.com/aboutthefoundation.html

Grants will be given to the victims' families to assist with financial hardships that come with the horror of the death of a child through stranger abduction.

You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable.....but let's pretend for a moment that BD and CD were parents involved in two different cases. Both were an equal distance from you but you could only go and help one family.....based on what's been in the public eye to date....which would you be more apt to load up your dog and gear and go help?

In plans, on the ground, with a dog, whatever, I would pick the case where the child is likely alive first, or has any possibility of being found alive. After that I am going to go where help is wanted and where there is the most information upping the odds for a recovery. Then I would go for door number 3, because that child despite everything stacked against finding them still needs to be found. Whether a parent or anyone else is guilty or innocent really doesn't matter to me in reference to SAR. There is still a child out there who needs to be found. It is so hard to explain, but you really have to remove that factor from the equation or it starts to impact your efforts (I've seen it before), and the child deserves more. The parents may not, but the child does. I have also personally been sure that someone was guilty only to find out they were not in any way connected and it took me down the wrong path because I was hung up on it and not impartial. It's not that you ignore all of it, you just don't focus on it. Hope that makes sense.

But aren't people seeking to help the child, the victim, rather than a parent? Look at all the cases we work on here, with the horrifying parents - abusers, rapists, pedophiles, murderers, etc etc etc. Most of the time, most of us are seeking to help the child, IMO.

Yes, people should be wanting the help the child regardless of the parents.

But.....

As an outsider looking in....to me and this is just my opinion....the answers to finding HD are right with SA and BD....so to have BD go on national TV and ask for help to me is like a slap in the face.

There are SO MANY other deserving parents and families who would love to have the TV time that BD has been given. Parents and families who would go on TV and be honest and forthright just so that hopefully one little thing that they said would prompt someone to remember something and report it to LE.

For BD to go and TV and hem and haw and talk around and not answer is a waste of time and it is doing NOTHING to help find HD. So if she's doing NOTHING then why should other people give up their time and energy.

Is it fair to HD again ABSOLUTELY NOT but IMO that is the reality of the situation.

Respectfully, BBM

From the foundation website:

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.com/aboutthefoundation.html

Grants will be given to the victims' families to assist with financial hardships that come with the horror of the death of a child through stranger abduction.

So is this the first grant for this organization? Have there not been a lot of other families who have not been in the news and on NG that could use this money and publicity a lot more?

I hate to seem jaded but I see a publicity move here to advance the foundation.

MOO

"Grant support".......what exactly does that mean? Money? What? And I'm kinda getting a little angry at the way CD is getting pushed aside by these people. It's his daughter too. Do they not think he's suffering also?

Especially since he's not supporting the suspect and has backed off in his appearances with the mother since the affadavits are released.His reactions are genuinely the behavior of a parent with a missing child.I don't understand why people come in and pour money to anyone that could at any given time let the suspect move back in.Isn't that what could have caused Hailey's disappearance?People need to back off pouring money to anyone until they find out why the person living in the home is the suspect.I believe people give out of emotions instead of seeing the entire picture.Why were the couches taken out and where are they,btw?

In plans, on the ground, with a dog, whatever, I would pick the case where the child is likely alive first, or has any possibility of being found alive. After that I am going to go where help is wanted and where there is the most information upping the odds for a recovery. Then I would go for door number 3, because that child despite everything stacked against finding them still needs to be found. Whether a parent or anyone else is guilty or innocent really doesn't matter to me in reference to SAR. There is still a child out there who needs to be found. It is so hard to explain, but you really have to remove that factor from the equation or it starts to impact your efforts (I've seen it before), and the child deserves more. The parents may not, but the child does. I have also personally been sure that someone was guilty only to find out they were not in any way connected and it took me down the wrong path because I was hung up on it and not impartial. It's not that you ignore all of it, you just don't focus on it. Hope that makes sense.

What you are saying makes perfect sense....but you are a trained professional. I think what I am saying applies more to everyday people....everyday people with their own problems and difficulties...does that make sense?

I don't think I am doing a good job of explaining what I am trying to get at but I want to make it clear that I personally do not think the child should suffer b/c of the parent.

I agree, but remember, Somer's mother was perceived by the public in very much the same way BD is viewed by so many of us. She was considered a suspect by some, neglectful, cold and indifferent by many. In the end, it turned out that she had nothing to do with Somer's death. I'm not surprised that she's extending a hand to BD.

But at the same time,her live in boyfriend wasn't named a suspect and the last one to see the missing child.Her bf didn't threaten to kill Somer,and failed a polygraph,and many things weren't in the home that was found in BD and SA's.

I would probably go help the mom.

The LE involved in this are not going to tell ANYONE what's going on with their investigation.

Maybe.

Perhaps you could contact the foundation and voice your concerns. Maybe they'll explain to you how and what they based their decision on. If they want to remain a viable charity with supporters like Donald Trump it wouldn't be wise to hand over financial grants based on a whim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jayrider129