TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #44

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Mostly all the people that we've been getting is the people from out of town," said volunteer Jesse Limones, a Colorado City resident.

*from concernedmom's link.

I wondered about this. It seems like the locals are maybe frustrated and not searching so much any more?

Lie detectors don't mean much to me. What do you do with the question, "Are you responsible for your daughter's disappearance?"

I mean, what parent wouldn't feel responsible?

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.com/
The Somer Thompson Foundation - President Diena Thompson and her Father Phil Bowling travel to Colorado City, Texas to assist with grant support to Billie Dunn, Mother of Hailey Dunn.

"Grant support".......what exactly does that mean? Money? What? And I'm kinda getting a little angry at the way CD is getting pushed aside by these people. It's his daughter too. Do they not think he's suffering also?

The school video only makes things more unlikely with the "story" being told by SA etc.
Hailey was wearing a hoody type jacket IN SCHOOL, she was also wearing one IN THE HOUSE in the Christmas pictures. So......it makes absolutely no sense that she would leave the house on a chilly day, planning to WALK to at least two destinations with only a t-shirt and flip flops on her feet. She also has the dark colored tennis shoes on in this video clip.

jmo

And I'd be willing to bet she had one on the day before in the surveillance video from the two stores she went to as well.

MOO

Good morning all. Has anyone been able to get any information on the SAR aspects of this case? We're trying to work on it, but without SPECIFICS as to what has and has not been covered with the time that has passed this is getting tougher and tougher. Any locals out there have anything? If you do know any info. or have heard anything around the water cooler, please post it down on the Hailey Dunn SAR thread. Most appreciated!

"Mostly all the people that we've been getting is the people from out of town," said volunteer Jesse Limones, a Colorado City resident.

*from concernedmom's link.

I wondered about this. It seems like the locals are maybe frustrated and not searching so much any more?

I know I am probably going to sound horrible even typing this out but......

IMO, I bet a lot of people are fed up with BD. If the child's own mother, is going to support the one and only named suspect why should people give up their time to go out and look for her.

Is that fair to HD, DD or CD....ABSOLUTELY NOT.

Again IMO, if CD wants to keep HD in the news and keep everyday citizens out looking for her, he better get BD off the TV and put himself out there. He comes across as way more sympathetic than she does.

I know I am probably wording this horribly but I hope you get what I am trying to say. Basically.....if I were in TX and near CC and available to search.....BD's "acts" on TV would not having me running to grab my jacket and run out the door to help, KWIM.

http://www.somerthompsonfoundation.com/
The Somer Thompson Foundation - President Diena Thompson and her Father Phil Bowling travel to Colorado City, Texas to assist with grant support to Billie Dunn, Mother of Hailey Dunn.

from the above link

"A non-profit Foundation created to assist a family who have missing children because of an apparent abduction and who, after proper investigative vetting, are determined not to be culpable in the disappearance "

"How much she's loved and missed," she said, with tears in her eyes, "I hope she knows."

This does not match the video. :snooty:

To me she does have tears in her eyes....and you can tell her voice sort of cracks. Maybe because I have been around her in person I can tell?

Good morning all. Has anyone been able to get any information on the SAR aspects of this case? We're trying to work on it, but without SPECIFICS as to what has and has not been covered with the time that has passed this is getting tougher and tougher. Any locals out there have anything? If you do know any info. or have heard anything around the water cooler, please post it down on the Hailey Dunn SAR thread. Most appreciated!

Seems to me since redcat has made of point of checking on the food for searchers, she must be talking with the search leaders....perhaps she could give you some insight.

from the above link

"A non-profit Foundation created to assist a family who have missing children because of an apparent abduction and who, after proper investigative vetting, are determined not to be culpable in the disappearance."

I would like to know how a "foundation" can clear someone when local LE, FBI and the Texas Rangers don't seem to be able to.

In regards to searchers and the dwindling numbers. I'm not sure how much BD or anyone else has to do with it for that matter. It's been a month. People have lives, they have families, they have jobs and others to take care of. Even professional SAR has their limits as to how long they can go, as they too have "real" lives out there somewhere. I think people have been really good about being focused on Hailey in this case and not letting all the other much affect their decision to be out there. I honestly think it's a case of just too much time having past. JMO though.

I would like to know how a "foundation" can clear someone when LE, FBI and the Texas Rangers don't seem to be able to.

Maybe they have cleared her and just haven't bothered to tell us. They obviously do not suspect Clint IMO yet they haven't come out and said that either. The link said "PROPER" investigation, I'll assume that means LE, FBI, Rangers etc...

from concernedmother's link:

Officials also are following new leads as they arise, but the nature of those leads has changed, Kampfer said.

"Right now, the types of leads may be more in the regional context, farther in different places away from Colorado City, and maybe also seeing persons of interest in other places. All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."

The new leads are being followed by various law enforcement agencies, said Patrick Toombs, sheriff of Mitchell County.

interesting.... so persons of interest may have been seen in other places!

from the above link

"A non-profit Foundation created to assist a family who have missing children because of an apparent abduction and who, after proper investigative vetting, are determined not to be culpable in the disappearance "

IMO, if this is the case, then I would think we should be hearing, any minute, that she is not involved in H's disappearance---from an LE official.

Maybe they have cleared her and just haven't bothered to tell us. They obviously do not suspect Clint IMO yet they haven't come out and said that either. The link said "PROPER" investigation, I'll assume that means LE, FBI, Rangers etc...

The LE involved in this are not going to tell ANYONE what's going on with their investigation.

In regards to searchers and the dwindling numbers. I'm not sure how much BD or anyone else has to do with it for that matter. It's been a month. People have lives, they have families, they have jobs and others to take care of. Even professional SAR has their limits as to how long they can go, as they too have "real" lives out there somewhere. I think people have been really good about being focused on Hailey in this case and not letting all the other much affect their decision to be out there. I honestly think it's a case of just too much time having past. JMO though.

You don't have to answer this if you don't feel comfortable.....but let's pretend for a moment that BD and CD were parents involved in two different cases. Both were an equal distance from you but you could only go and help one family.....based on what's been in the public eye to date....which would you be more apt to load up your dog and gear and go help?

from concernedmother's link:

Officials also are following new leads as they arise, but the nature of those leads has changed, Kampfer said.

"Right now, the types of leads may be more in the regional context, farther in different places away from Colorado City, and maybe also seeing persons of interest in other places. All these things have to fit together and put together for evidentiary purposes."

The new leads are being followed by various law enforcement agencies, said Patrick Toombs, sheriff of Mitchell County.

interesting.... so persons of interest may have been seen in other places!

Wish we knew where SA way that following day and who may have been with him.

IMO, if this is the case, then I would think then we should be hearing, any minute, that she is not involved in H's disappearance---from an LE official.

Why?:waitasec:

IMO That's not the way it usually works.

My guess, the foundation had an "off the record" conversation with someone in the know.

Bumping this exchange from last night:

Originally Posted by Velouria

czgtz, if I may, there's something I've been wondering about. Back on 1/17 you posted:

Quote:
pondering mind,

If I find out for a fact that Billie called the police and reported that SA threatened her and Hailey, then I am going to have to have a serious talk with her. And to be perfectly honest, I think it would just about shatter me. Because if she is lying to me about this, at this point in time..... I just can't even think about what that might mean, not only in terms of our friendship, but about everything else she is telling me

I am sure that you, along with many others, think that I am just blindly believing Billie. I am not, and I am also not stupid, nor do I consider myself to be gullible. I understand that there are many 'hinky' things about this case.

I will say this though - even if I did find out that Billie was, for whatever reason, lying to me, I would still not believe that she has any knowledge of what has happened to Hailey. And while I might not continue to defend her on anything else, I would defend her on that point.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #26

BBM

Did Billie ever explain this discrepancy to you?
We did talk about this. She explained it to my personal satisfaction. Please understand that I am not going to go into it here. I am not trying to deflect your question, but to go into a backstory and explain everything by typing it out would take me an hour.
I went searching this morning and found this from czgtz dated 1/15 (respectfully snipped):

I specifically asked Billie about SA threatening Hailey's life... she told me he had never to her knowledge threatened Hailey, and unless he told LE that when she was not around, she does not know where it came from. Yes, I know, odd. I also asked her about the Feb. 2010 incident. She said that she called LE about something else - no threats were made that day - and no report was made, no citations issued, nothing.
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6016807&postcount=38"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #25[/ame]

So, Billie claimed she never even told LE about threats at all that day.

I guess I'm just wondering what could be a satisfactory explanation for what I see as a blatant misrepresentation? No, she didn't tell them about the threats, or no, SA didn't make the threats that particular day, but some other day?

Honestly, I feel :crazy: trying to keep it all straight.

If BD never told LE about the threats at that time, then why would they ask SA about the threats during his interrogation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3