TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I find the hairdresser very credible.
It was odd that BD first said that she didn't think the woman's reported sighting of Hailey was correct.
Later on she corrects this, confirming that the hairdresser was very familiar with Hailey.
I just prefer to think that Ms. Dunn was under a lot of stress and was having trouble remembering everything.
Did the woman's report of seeing Hailey walking down the street with a younger child get verified any further?
TIA

edited to add: guess I will be around asking such questions for a while since tomorrow is my day off and I don't have to wear my scrubs:) My main focus in my education and work is in psychology/human behavior and psychiatric issues, so this is very interesting on many levels.
But this is for Hailey, not a case study.

I think they discounted the sighting because BD said Hailey was home with her all day on Sunday, and the hairdresser saw her walking past the window, probably going to Dollar Store on Monday..
But LE has video of HD going in the Dollar Store on SUNDAY and not Monday.
So they probably believe the hairdresser has her days mixed up/

I would really like to know if the little boy is in the videos at the Dollar Store with HD on Sunday. That would make me agree with LE.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...24-504083.html

"The important thing people need to remember is not slandering me," said Dunn. "The important thing is there is a 13-year-old who it seems just disappeared into thin air."

Gee...what's the first thing that's important? "not slandering ME"
Maybe HD did run away. I would have.

I really think what she was trying to say was, "The important thing people need to remember isn't slandering me, but that Hailey has disappeared into thin air." In other words, she wants people to remember the focus should be finding Hailey, not trashing her. I believe it was just poorly worded.

ETA -- Thought it was referring to CD, but saw downthread that the quote is from BD, so I fixed the gender. Still believe it was just poorly worded.

Folks, I am going to take an Excedrin PM earlier tonight and hopefully can put this in the corner of my tiny brain for the night and get some sleep. If not I'll be back!
Hopefully tomorrow brings news of Hailey. Nite All...

Above red-type is mine; just couldn't resist reminding folks. :banghead:

Since my focus in education and work is in psychology/human behavior and psychiatric issues, I find all of this interesting.
I read the affidavits about the ATM withdrawals and the purchasing of legend (prescription) drugs without a prescription.
I believe I read that they included benzodiazepams.
Is that correct?
If so, then one or both of them were already treating anxiety for some reason.
Self-medicating is common. It's why people smoke, drink, gamble, overindulge in food and many other things.
Yet we have the disclosure of SA's prescription for another benzo (Clonazepam) within the 911 calls of last February.
Is there an actual naming of the drugs they bought in the affidavit?
TIA

True..and we all are different..Having said that, I'm sitting here right now looking at a picture of my deceased child. It's been 36 years and I can't imagine NOT having it out and looking at him daily. People are different when it comes to that though.

What I do take from reading that is that it is more likely than not (unless arrest(s) are made first) is that SA will be back in that house very shortly..AND that Billie's priorities are way out of whack...MOO

My heart is with you and your magnificent love that has never waned. You have my deepest love, respect, and condolences. And many thanks for the work you do here advocating for those without voices. ***hugs***

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...24-504083.html

"The important thing people need to remember is not slandering me," said Dunn. "The important thing is there is a 13-year-old who it seems just disappeared into thin air."

Gee...what's the first thing that's important? "not slandering ME"
Maybe HD did run away. I would have.

This is an example of what I meant when I posted that things can easily misunderstood. Some people here in Texas communicate in a very casual manner without much concern for the rules of grammar.

I think that Billie was trying to communicate that slandering her is not what is important; finding Hailey is the important thing.
She was trying to say that time and effort would be better spent finding Hailey.

My original post about speaking or writing style being misinterpreted was in referance to the wording in none of the affidavits. The officer wrote that Billie confirmed that DD pounded on the front door and had to climb through a window in order to enter the house. I am quite sure that the officer thought nothing of phrasing it the way that he did, even though it would have been more accurate to write that Billie had confirmed that DD had given her the same account of what happened when he came home that day.

It is just a difference in the way some people communicate.

Folks, I am going to take an Excedrin PM earlier tonight and hopefully can put this in the corner of my tiny brain for the night and get some sleep. If not I'll be back!
Hopefully tomorrow brings news of Hailey. Nite All...

LOL I took mine a few hours ago. Thank God my migraine is gone. Hope your clears out soon.

For each of you who have suffered, I am so sorry! That is what brought me here. I've never suffered like you have but I look at the faces and I pray. It hurts to look but I can't not look because if it were my loved one I would want everyone to look. It might be that one more person looking that brings someones lost loved one home. /hugs

Prayers for Hailey Dunn

Since my focus in education and work is in psychology/human behavior and psychiatric issues, I find all of this interesting.
I read the affidavits about the ATM withdrawals and the purchasing of legend (prescription) drugs without a prescription.
I believe I read that they included benzodiazepams.
Is that correct?
If so, then one or both of them were already treating anxiety for some reason.
Self-medicating is common.
It's why people smoke, drink, gamble, overindulge in food and many other things.
Yet we have the disclosure of SA's prescription for another benzo (Clonazepam) within the 911 calls of last February.
Is there an actual naming of the drugs they bought in the affidavit?
TIA
You are so right; self medicating an anxiety condition could be an explanation for getting these particular drugs illegally. But it is fairly common these days to use benzodiazepams recreationally, much like drinking, gambling, and overindulging CAN be recreational in nature. I guess it depends on the situation, the person, the motivation, and the moment.

I really think what he was trying to say was, "The important thing people need to remember isn't slandering me, but that Hailey has disappeared into thin air." In other words, he wants people to remember the focus should be finding Hailey, not trashing him. I believe it was just poorly worded.

JMO

"He" wasn't saying it....this is Billie Dunn being interviewed

Sometimes it's too much.

I love you all.

Thank you all for all that you do.

If any of Hailey's family reads here, I want them to know that I am praying that Hailey comes home safe.

Amen! This has got to be the most difficult thing in the world for a parent to go through!

"After I get Hailey home, I'll deal with the slander and the defamation of character, oh yes I will".

I dunno, that doesn't exactly have the tone of "please help bring Hailey home, that's the most important thing"

Was this quote from BD, or from Clint? I thought it was BD. ??

Apparently it was from BD. I assumed CD for some reason. Went back and fixed my post to reflect that. Sorry for the confusion. I still believe she meant that people ought to be more concerned with finding Hailey than trashing her.

"He" wasn't saying it....this is Billie Dunn being interviewed

Yes, Amster...I realized that and fixed the post. The link didn't work for me and for some reason I assumed it was CD. Thank you!

Sometimes it's too much.

I love you all.

Thank you all for all that you do.

****hugs****

I am so grateful that you and your daughter got through that horrible experience and now you are using it to do good for other unfortunate ones who need your voice now. Hang strong.

This is an example of what I meant when I posted that things can easily misunderstood. Some people here in Texas communicate in a very casual manner without much concern for the rules of grammar.

I think that Billie was trying to communicate that slandering her is not what is important; finding Hailey is the important thing.
She was trying to say that time and effort would be better spent finding Hailey.

My original post about speaking or writing style being misinterpreted was in referance to the wording in none of the affidavits. The officer wrote that Billie confirmed that DD pounded on the front door and had to climb through a window in order to enter the house. I am quite sure that the officer thought nothing of phrasing it the way that he did, even though it would have been more accurate to write that Billie had confirmed that DD had given her the same account of what happened when he came home that day.

It is just a difference in the way some people communicate.

I agree on both counts. I saw an earlier discussion about the "confirmation" and figured, as you said, she'd simply "confirmed" to the officer that DD told her the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx