TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #47

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very curious about something. Billie stated on NG that she receives texts only from Shawn.

I believe in another interview I read that she was prevented by Simone on Shawn's end from talking to him.

She did go to wherever he was staying at one point with LE to talk to him.

Now...today I read a link here in which she is quoted as having said, She STILL is communicating by phone. WTH?

If she isn't willing to ask him the tough questions in a confrontational way, especially since they're talking via phone, I am again having some issues with her credibility. If she truly believes he had nothing to do with it, why throw him out of the house at all? Was that move simply an attempt to distance herself to look better? If she trusts him implicitly, keeping him around & defending him would make more sense. all imo

This is an example of what I meant when I posted that things can easily misunderstood. Some people here in Texas communicate in a very casual manner without much concern for the rules of grammar.

I think that Billie was trying to communicate that slandering her is not what is important; finding Hailey is the important thing.
She was trying to say that time and effort would be better spent finding Hailey.

My original post about speaking or writing style being misinterpreted was in referance to the wording in none of the affidavits. The officer wrote that Billie confirmed that DD pounded on the front door and had to climb through a window in order to enter the house. I am quite sure that the officer thought nothing of phrasing it the way that he did, even though it would have been more accurate to write that Billie had confirmed that DD had given her the same account of what happened when he came home that day.

It is just a difference in the way some people communicate.

I agree completely. Cops generally dislike paperwork, so they don't always go into great detail on them, they just put down what is necessary to get the point across.
And I seriously do not believe a judge is going to call them on the carpet because they didn't make it clear how it was confirmed.

Not giving you a hard time just trying to stop some of the misinformation going on regarding the Klonopin and other psych info being given.

http://www.medicinenet.com/clonazepam-oral/article.htm

Thank you for this. I agree.

Benzo's were my drug of choice and my Klonopin was prescribed by the same doc that diagnosed my Bipolar.. but it was prescribed for anxiety and anxiety alone, as it is approved by the FDA. Klonopin being prescribed for psychosis is only in extreme cases where excitability and aggressiveness is present. Benzo's are a very dangerous class of medication and are highly addictive, they are really only meant for short term use. Benzo's can alter a persons personality and judgment- they can cause suicidal ideations, they can even negatively effect the natural sleep cycles. Long term use of Benzo's often cause the same symptoms the drug was prescribed to treat like the excitability and aggressiveness I pointed out above as well as increased anxiety and anger. Long term use can also cause emotional blunting. The other big problem is tolerance and the need to "up" your dose.. the longer you are on it, the more you need in order for it to have the effect it did at the start. By the time I quit Klonopin I was on a prescribed dose of 8 mg daily (prescribing that high a dose should be illegal, IMO)

Withdrawl from long term, high doses of Benzo's is not only difficult (they say it is more difficult than getting off heroin- I never did heroin so I don't know that first hand but I know it is an awful thing to come off of!) but dangerous to come off of cold turkey.

http://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha01.htm

http://www.justice.gov/dea/concern/benzodiazepines.html

Do you have a link to anything saying that LE had already come to the conclusion that SA and BD planned to set CD up? TIA!

No My opinions do not have links. And my opinion is that IF SA harmed HD he had already stated HD was going to CD's then MB's. IF he fabricated that story to cover his own rear that IMO was to point LE in anothee direction. I do NOT for any reason believe CD plays any role in this. That goes for MB and family/ relatives of those named by SA... and at this time I am including BD as well. My point was only to spotlight the fact that "runaway" was not a possibility in and therefore therenwould be no reason to hode her jacket shoes or Ipod.
MOO

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26644857/detail.html

Next week the Middle School is deeming the week "Hailey Week". I need some ideas on what we as the community can do to get more info from LE and to keep this case from going cold. I was thinking, and want your input, would a town hall meeting help in this situation? People coming together to share info and hopefully get LE to come and make some sort of statement on where the case stands, etc? I am really frustrated with LE right now, I know they are working, but this community is going bonkers. Emotions are running high and people are taking sides...and that is taking the focus away from Hailey! What can we do?

IMO, you don't need a town hall meeting....what you need is someone to convince BD to go and speak with LE and be 100% honest and forthcoming with answers to ANY and ALL questions they might have about HD's disappearance.

Beau Berman: Shawn was named a suspect a couple weeks ago. Have you talked to him recently?

Billie Jean Dunn: "Umm, we still talk some over the phone."

Beau Berman: What is his attitude like now? Is he reclusive because there are so many fingers pointing at him?

Billie Jean Dunn: "Not with me. He wanted to talk to some media. He has talked to law enforcement since and been able to explain his story again. Mostly he just tells me to try to keep that optimism and he's still praying and his family is still praying. He misses us, he loves us".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

I thought CZ said that his family dont allow him to talk to Billie?

In regards to BD getting some sleep... does anyone really think a human body can not sleep for basically a month... the body gives in... she never said she slept safe and sound ... but to deny or bash the woman for sleep is a little harsh..

I have insomnia and can NOT sleep but when my body wears out.. i sleep for almost 18 hours. Sleep depervation is dangerous... Billy has to keep herself strong and eating, fluids and sleep is Natural things the body needs...

On a plus note I hope and pray that the NON information coming out only means that they have strong evidence and connecting the dots and not releasing any info that will give the defense attorney for SA a heads up... hope the lack of information released at this time means closer to an arrest soon.

Please dont bash me for thinking that waking up in the morning and getting SOME sleep is normal... do we know that she doesnt wake up in middle of night with panic, do we know that nightmares are or may be a constant, do we know if she gets 3 hours sleep vs 8 hours sleep, do we know if Dr. Prescibed Ambien so she can sleep. (very common in cased that are about to drive a person into a horrible state of mind.. or do we need to we need to see a script for that also. Do we really need to dwell on sleep patterns...

just a little irritated.. no sleep for first few days.. but a body isnt made to get no sleep for days on end.. in fact it causes hallucinations.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com

In fact sleep deprevation is considered a inhume torchure technique... do we really want that for BD...

question and doubt her all we want but to treat her as if she has no care for the situation by sleeping.. it is harsh not to mention just plain cruel to state that in regards to her...

VERY well said, and ITA!!!

Next week the Middle School is deeming the week "Hailey Week". I need some ideas on what we as the community can do to get more info from LE and to keep this case from going cold. I was thinking, and want your input, would a town hall meeting help in this situation? People coming together to share info and hopefully get LE to come and make some sort of statement on where the case stands, etc? I am really frustrated with LE right now, I know they are working, but this community is going bonkers. Emotions are running high and people are taking sides...and that is taking the focus away from Hailey! What can we do?

I am frustrated with Billie, not LE! How 'bout a town hall where she comes and answers simple questions about the facts surrounding the circumstances of Hailey's disappearance?

Then the people in the community can use that info to prompt their memories to provide tips to LE to help Hailey.

I thought CZ said that his family dont allow him to talk to Billie?

Pretty sure Billie was quoted in MSM saying that, and also said she'd gone to SA's grandma's house with a couple of Texas Rangers in the hopes that he'd talk to her, but no dice.

A town meeting would need a press conference with some information released. Emotions are running high (even here) because there has not been any credible information released...lots of speculation...lots of inconsistencies in the public statements by those involved and others (hairdresser, neighbor)... I think they need to "give up" some stuff they have (cell phone pings, text messages,e tc.) in order to "get" some new leads. PPl don't want to be "wrong" in reporting something. If they release that HD's phone DID ping at her house/area when sending the text to MB and MB really does think it's a text from HD then maybe someone will come forward and say they saw her that afternoon...they just thought they must've been wrong before since SA was a "suspect"---idk...again, I'm speculating. But a little info (REAL VERIFIED info) can go a long way in this case.

Yes. ICP generates a strong sense of belonging, much like a gang. Followers tend to call themselves a 'family'. The dynamic is very reminiscent of gangs. If you read the websites online, many of them write about feeling like misfits and misunderstoods until they 'joined' the ICP.

So along with the strong unity and sense of belonging, they inject the element of gruesome slasher violence, hatchet style, etc.

Statistically, they seem to attract an inordinate number of psychotics who then go on to commit egregious violent crimes/murders. OR it could be that they CREATE psychotics from the many who were already 'walking the borderline'. I dunno which. Very interesting phenomenon going on.

SA and/or BD ICP fans?

haha. omg. I listen to ICP, have both a mood and psychotic disorder, am a drug addict and I never thought of killing a human being (other then myself) I think what they call this is stereotyping..

Ok the affidavits state that there were 3 calls observed on SA's phone to a "Billie". When they asked to see his phone again, he had deleted them.
So did she have her phone that day?
If she did, then who's phone was Hailey supposedly using the day she disappeared?
I see SA's cellular is with Verizon also, like one of mine is.
They are all equipped with the GPS location chip.
You have to turn it on or off. It would record where the phone was at all times, whether the cell was in use or not.
Call me confused.

I assigned a special ringtone in my cell phone to let me know when the caller is my daughter. Whether she calls from her cell or her home, or her office the phone rings with that ringtone and the caller ID shows "L*****". A call to "Billie" could have been a call to her at work or a call to Hailey on the cell and would still show up as Billie (until you looked to see which number - mobile, work, home - was used).

If the reports of locals and neighbors in the news accounts are true, and Hailey had wanted to move in with her Father, and this had caused a big argument around Christmas, what are the odds that she would disappear right after spending the night with her Father?
Again, some psychosis must be present in SA. This is a very frightening thing.
Splitting between the "seeing" part of your self and the "doing" part is very dangerous.
I have a brother who hunts everything under the sun, as well as his petite 21 year old daughter.
Never have I heard of anyone dismembering a deer with a chainsaw.
Logic would say that bone fragments would be all in the meat.
Does someone like this kill animals just for the fun of the blood-letting?
I have never killed an animal, but I do not hate those that do. People do it for food and also to thin out populations of animals such as deer so that they do not starve because of dwindling land for them to graze on.
It's not uncommon for someone SA's age to watch slasher films.
I just have a hunch after viewing the videos he made, that he liked to act them out.
It isn't much of a stretch to say that he wanted to experience the real act, instead of the fake one.
I am not accusing anyone of anything.
I am merely pondering the things we have to work with.

SORRY IT INSERTED WRONG QUOTE:)
Was replying to your post about SA not being psychotic.

I agree with alot that you said there.
People do snap in and out of psychotic states.
Some people are psychotic most if not all of the time.
Most people are not, they slip into psychosis when triggered.
The issue at hand here is that psychosis (temporary) is very often brought on by the use of drugs.
You make very valid points.
A sociopath, IMHO, can also slip into psychosis, thus doubling the danger.

bbm

Snowinmemphis, you've gone to great lengths to write out and explain your viewpoints and help others to understand what you're saying.

However, regarding the psychosis, I respectfully and wholeheartedly disagree and just don't see it. Of course, I have never seen SA in person or been able to give him tests or interviews or get a background or social history from family/friends, which is what any professional would do before making that diagnosis. But I really don't see any indication of that here. We both are going by a sample of behavior we're seeing in the media and info gathered from affidavits, internet, etc.

As far as a drug-induced psychosis, I don't believe anyone experiencing a drug-induced psychotic episode could have committed a crime such as abducting someone, maybe murdering them, and then hiding them so well that they can't be found --- without leaving a trace (or, a more apparent crime scene). During a drug induced psychosis, they are not thinking clearly, especially when you combine the effects of a drug to the psychotic symptoms. Yet it would take someone thinking very clearly to pull that off. And that's what I think happened here with Hailey.

Also, to the best of my professional knowledge, a sociopath (or, actually someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder) also will not slip into episodes of "psychosis" unless drug-induced. If so, the psychosis is then added and will be comorbid with their personality disorder.

You seem to give a lot of information about pharmacology and mental disorders. Are you a nurse or other medical professional? Maybe in a psych ward or something? Then I'm sure you've seen alot. I may have missed that somewhere - these threads move fast. Thanks...

JMHO and all that.

O/T I need a thread opened for someone missing - should I just pm a mod? Thanks

You can start a thread on your own. You don't need a mod to start a new thread on a new topic.

You know it's just quite possible..actually it's quite likely that the officer thought nothing of the way he phrased it because that's the way it happened...and I'm am at a loss as to why you feel that LE would have been more accurate to write that Billie had confirmed that DD had given her the same account of what happened when he came home that day.. May I ask how you arrived at that conclusion? Do you know this officer? Does he have a problem putting what he means into words or on paper? Unless you have knowledge that the rest of us don't, I don't understand how you could possibly be so sure he didn't know what he meant to say..

I know we went over this the other day and I just have to say that Texas is not another country that speaks a different language. Yes, I'm on the East Coast, but I have a brother that has lived in Texas for 20 years and we understand each other just fine. I'm sure that you're not suggesting that just because someone doesn't live in Texas that we couldn't possibly understand what Billie or a LE officer means when they speak. I interpret it the way it was written, just like I interpret what Billie says just the way she says it. I mean no offense honestly, but it just amazes me to read others *presume* to know what Billie meant to say or was trying to say...or what LE meant to write or would have been more accurate to write in the affidavit. Please help me to understand how you have arrived at this conclusion...

But if your brother wasn't born and raised in Texas, he doesn't speak Texan. :crazy:

Joking, sort of, but my hubby has lived in Texas nearly 30 years and he doesn't understand how some of us speak, either. Being an imported Texan is different than actually growing up here.

I completely get what TGIR is saying. She means that perhaps it would have been clearer if the officer had written that Billie confirmed it by speaking with DD herself who related the incident to her.... but it wasn't necessary.

What I DON'T get is the insistence that she could not have confirmed it unless she was there. Her son could have told her about it, the officer just failed to write that in..... what is the big deal???

NG Jan 18

GRACE: Well, have you tried to ask him?

DUNN: No.

GRACE: Why?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him. He`ll send a text every now and then. But I haven`t asked him, why did you come back to the house? He never let me know that. I didn`t know that until the affidavits came out and showed his pings. That he had come back here first, then to Big Spring.

GRACE: Well, why haven`t you asked him?

DUNN: I haven`t spoke with him.

GRACE: Yes, I know that. My question is, why? I would want to know why. What were you doing back around my house?

DUNN: I want to know too.

GRACE: Well then why haven`t you asked him? Oh, because did the cops tell you not to talk to him?

DUNN: I`m not allowed — no. When I call over there, they don`t let me talk to him. They won`t put him on the phone.

GRACE: What about a cell phone?

DUNN: He doesn`t have a cell phone.

GRACE: So when you call over there, what do they say?

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: Well, text him.

DUNN: That Shawn — Shawn can`t talk to you.

GRACE: He can`t talk to you or he won`t talk to you. Because obviously he can still speak.

DUNN: Per his lawyer, he can`t talk to me.

GRACE: So his lawyer — man, that was like pulling a tooth. His lawyer has told him not to talk to you?

DUNN: (INAUDIBLE).

GRACE: It`s OK. His lawyer has told him not to talk to you?

DUNN: Right.

GRACE: Why?

DUNN: I don`t know. There`s a lot of questions I have and I guess that`s why. Also, I have gone over there with Texas Rangers to try to get him to come talk. Shawn, you need to talk. It`ll just be two guys. There`s a lot of answers you can provide. And that`s probably why they`re not wanting me to talk to him.

RUMOR ONLY:
snipped by mod.

FACT:
The report said she was headed TOWARD the dollar store on Monday. I don't believe ANYONE has stated that she was headed TO the dollar store. Unless she told someone she was going TO the dollar store, I'd say the store was provided as a reference direction more than a final destination.

Just what we need - more rumors.

haha. omg. I listen to ICP, have both a mood and psychotic disorder, am a drug addict and I never thought of killing a human being (other then myself) I think what they call this is stereotyping..
IMO to each his own. I can tolerate slip knot? to a point. don't even try and understand thue lyrics! In the past I have been doing everything possible to avoid having a seizure, having my ear drums explode, trying to avoid a collision in my car.and.avoid.needing.an exorcism while my kids beat their heads in non exsistant pillows! VERY HAPPY THAT PHASE lasted like 4 days!
That is MOO and I you love that music ai.can wear earplugs! Barry Manilow might make your ears bleed. IDK

Well, BJD is finally frustrated:

Hailey has now been missing for 30 days and her mom is growing frustrated

I'm frustrated when I can't find a pair of matching socks. I'm frustrated when the alarm clock doesn't go off. I'm frustrated when I burn the chicken.

I'd be darn well DEVISTATED if my child was missing for 30 days.

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26631180/detail.html

Am I missing something? Is this "Texas speak"?

Hugs,

Mel

I take it as 'frustrated' is the reporter's word.... not Billie's.

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

So we see that she talks with Shawn.. I certainly wish we could have her back on NG and nail down an answer from Billie about "what does Shawn say why he went to work..10 mins later walked directly past his supervisor and left..Previously said he went STRAIGHT TO BIGSPRING..Tho we now know he went straight back to 1804 Chestnut where Hailey was home alone sleeping.. WHAT IS HIS REASON FOR THIS AND WHY DID HE LIE TO YOU..TO EVERYONE..ESPECIALLY TO LE..WHY?"

I mean she has stated several times that she hadn't gotten a chance to ask Shawn about these specific VERY IMPORTANT THINGS.. CERTAINLY SHE HAS ASKED HIM NOW..

She states that he is not reclusive and withdrawn..not NOT wanting to talk..infact wanting to talk to her..and telling her he loves her..So surely she now has those answers to those million dollar questions that we all have been dying to know..

Seems as tho now she should have the answers..right?

He may not be ANSWERING, if she HAS asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx