TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and those danged feral pigs. After the silence of the lambs movies and being acquainted with someone who keeps pigs (the barnyard kind, not the cute little potbellied housepets) i believe they would ... Well, you know. They'll eat anything, and won't stop until they are full. It's kind of gross. I've seen pigs eat bacon (i know, probably not a big deal, but seems like cannibalism somehow). I've seen pigs eat "mash" (mushy alcoholic corn byproduct from making moonshine) until they pass out, and as soon as they regain consciousness, stagger back over to the bucket for more.

big yuck!!!

Three day weekends confuse alot of people. Sunday should be Monday but its not.

I know they confuse me. But JB doesn't do hair on Sunday, so whether or not it was MONDAY that she saw Hailey, she is SURE it was not Sunday.

If someone said they'd looked out and seen Hailey when they were checking to see if the mailman had come, it would be illogical to suggest that this (hypothetical!) witness was confused and saw Hailey on Sunday when there is no mail delivery on Sunday?

JB seams pretty sure of what she saw and when she saw it. It reduces the window of time during which Hailey was abducted, but nothing more. Why is everyone so eager to dismiss it? It doesn't give anyone an "alibi" so why not take it at face value?

Yes it does. And with stranger abductions - they snatch and grab, do what they do, and dispose - usually within the first 3 hours. The disposal is usually a quick dump - side of the road, out in a field, under a bush. The perp moves on and doesn't really give a flip about anyone including LE finding the body.

Hailey is well hidden. Very very well hidden. Why? Possibly because the perp is closely connected and can't just move on - therefore making the need to carefully hide her even more.

I just strongly feel that if this was a stranger abduction - they would have found her by now.

Yep, perhaps the perp(s) are closer than most want to admit but many suspect.

When I got busted for selling my pills I got 2 separate charges.. "sale of a controlled substance" for the Klonopin and "sale of narcotics" for the Oxycontin. Though I don't know if that is a state by state thing or if it is part of the federal mandate. I always just assumed it was federal because of the Controlled Substance Act and the DEA's guidelines but I suppose it could be state by state (ya know what they say about assuming :crazy:).

I would have thought it was all covered by the DEA, and consistent from state to state... until the medical marijuana issue arose and some states passed laws that are in direct conflict with Federal laws concerning legality/enforcement.

Many other cases have been discussed to compare the Mystery regarding Hailey's disapearance, but the only one that jumps to the front of my mind is the treatment initially given to Danielle Van Dam's Family...the key focus should be finding Hailey! Then there will be all of in the time in the world to discuss these side issues if they do have any connection to this case. :twocents:

CZ - Any chance of holding CandleLight Vigils in addition to the Press Conference? Thank You for Helping~

RR

The van Dam family were great examples of cooperating with LE. Terrible things were said and things came out that I'm sure they would have rather not, but they handled it with grace. I felt so bad for them.

A candle light vigil would be a great thing.

RR (((Hugs))), it's great to "see" you!

Originally Posted by czgtz
Here is something I am wondering about. LE says that Hailey is on tape in a store Sunday. I wonder if, before releasing that footage, everyone who says they saw Hailey on Monday described her as wearing something different than what she has on in the video Sunday. That is of course if those people could remember the what she had on and at least two of them matched. Would that make LE give those sightings more credibility?

Understand your point, but video would also have date. How can I say this as I admire you CZ sooo much....grasping.

Are you sure you understand her point? Because to be honest, I don't understand yours if that is the case. If, for example, Hailey had on torn jeans and a navy blue hoodie over a red t-shirt on the dollar store surveillance tape (dated, as you say, on Sunday), and two or more people (excluding SA) said THEY had seen her on Monday wearing dark blue sweats and a light pink t-shirt with no jacket, would that convince skeptics that those people did see Hailey on Monday as opposed to Sunday?

So the dated video would HELP to establish that the outfit Hailey was seen in by witnesses claiming to have seen her Monday, was not what she wore Sunday.

Are you ready for this?............

Billie Dunn: There Is Another Person That Needs To Be Looked At

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336276&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Hailey's mom said she thinks there is another person to be investigated.

"Investigators know about it but haven't questioned him. They can't find him. He did threaten to hurt me and Hailey and he hasn't been talked to and he hasnt been found," said Dunn.

All these days later and she is just now bringing this up? *Insert my eyes rolling out of my head here.*

BOLO for a one-armed man! :panic:

Are you sure you understand her point? Because to be honest, I don't understand yours if that is the case. If, for example, Hailey had on torn jeans and a navy blue hoodie over a red t-shirt on the dollar store surveillance tape (dated, as you say, on Sunday), and two or more people (excluding SA) said THEY had seen her on Monday wearing dark blue sweats and a light pink t-shirt with no jacket, would that convince skeptics that those people did see Hailey on Monday as opposed to Sunday?

So the dated video would HELP to establish that the outfit Hailey was seen in by witnesses claiming to have seen her Monday, was not what she wore Sunday.

It still doesnt exclude the fact that Shawn was the last person to see her that day.

I feel that a statement to clear thing sup is likely to be edited before it is aired, which is a problem. IF she does something like this, she should work closely with LE in preparing her statement, and should not take questions unless they are provided in advance. Think "Kaine Horman".

IMO, if Billie had answered "I'd prefer not to answer that Nancy, can we move on?" more than once or twice, she'd have been deemed uncooperative, and would not have been asked to appear again.

Which is worse, her not wanting to answer and saying so or the comment about the ratings? To me, it would be the comment about the ratings. That pretty much sews up any chance of her not being asked to appear again. At least with saying that she'd prefer not to answer, she may have been able to go back on and get Hailey's face out in the national media.

I think Kaine Horman did the right thing. At least he could frame his answers and not give people any additional reason to look at him.

JMO, MOO, IMO, and all other disclaimers.

I know they confuse me. But JB doesn't do hair on Sunday, so whether or not it was MONDAY that she saw Hailey, she is SURE it was not Sunday.

If someone said they'd looked out and seen Hailey when they were checking to see if the mailman had come, it would be illogical to suggest that this (hypothetical!) witness was confused and saw Hailey on Sunday when there is no mail delivery on Sunday?

JB seams pretty sure of what she saw and when she saw it. It reduces the window of time during which Hailey was abducted, but nothing more. Why is everyone so eager to dismiss it? It doesn't give anyone an "alibi" so why not take it at face value?

Because LE says none of the sightings on Monday have checked out. LE is in a position to question witnesses and look into what they are told, I am not. I could ask "Why not take what LE is saying at face value? What reason would they have to dismiss a witness sighting of Hailey with nothing to back it up?"

I have personal experience of people being 100% certain such and such happened at a specific time and date, and these people being 100% wrong. There was nothing malicious or underhanded about it; it was simply an error in memory retrieval.

On WS, there is a case about a little girl, Caylee Anthony. When this case was first reported, the family's statements to LE ALL put the last date Caylee was seen at June 9, 2008. Shortly thereafter, LE discovered 'home movie' evidence containing footage of Caylee Anthony on Father's Day, June 15, 2008. I STILL have a hard time understanding how an error such as this was made, especially with, IMO, Father's Day as a mental marker to go by, but it happened, and it is heavily documented.

IMO, if this is looked at as a memory thing, and not an evil or intentional thing, it makes a lot more sense.

The van Dam family were great examples of cooperating with LE. Terrible things were said and things came out that I'm sure they would have rather not, but they handled it with grace. I felt so bad for them.

A candle light vigil would be a great thing.

RR (((Hugs))), it's great to "see" you!

The Rapid Lightening Speed of this discussion has me mainly in Lurk Mode, Tezzie and still it's impossible to keep up! YOU know about my "Mom Did It" radar and it's just not going off here and my Heart truly wants it to stay that way as those cases are the ones that I have a harder time with...but You also know that I can't just keep my mouth shut forever! Hope all is well, Chickie! Back to Lurking Again~

RR

So how do we get them to release the tape from the Dollar Store?

If LE hasn't released it yet, there is a reason.

1. Hailey either bought nothing much and the video is very grainy = not worthwhile to release it.
OR
2. Hailey wasn't alone / bought something of interest and it's not where it should be based on the alleged time she left home / did something that appeared unusual or she looked unusual...= LE has clues from the video/purchases and needs to hold back on releasing it so as not to jeopardize the investigation into finding Hailey.

MOO.

The exchange below - with the famous Sparky long pause - made it clear as a bell that Billie is among the POIs LE keeps talking about - and likely the only POI - that LE keeps talking about.

LE has stated that the POI can be found among Shawn's close friends and former associates. At that time, Billie had pretty much disassociated herself from Shawn, making a neat fit for either the close friend or the former associate category.

"Through the affidavit, you've seen part of what the investigation is, but we're asking you not to jump to any conclusions...there's a lot more to this case." Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean said.

During the press conference, KTXS asked, "Do you believe Shawn or Billie, one or both, know where Hailey is?"

Dean paused for a long time and then looked to Kampfer who responded, "I think that's a good question. They're working several leads to the nature of that."

Dean then responded, "Obviously, I don’t know what they are know or don't know. The people to best answer that question are Shawn or Billie."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472310/detail.html

Kampfer last week identified Adkins as one of several people of interest in the case and said Tuesday that the investigation has widened to include "close and former associates of Adkins." No one has been arrested.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...BMNPFQ?docId=13061ef3c23e4d62bf2cb3edfdbe28b8

Additionally, there is the information about Billie in the affidavit, as well as the multiple statements from LE referring to dishonesty and obfuscation (my synonyms) by "family" coupled with not a single peep from LE about any other family member, and the facts that 1) Clint has not had to take a poly, and 2) LE always looks at the parents first. This narrows it down clearly to Billie and Clint, and removes Clint from suspicion.

Further, there are the statements from LE regarding the timetable problems, which obviously narrows the POI pool down to Billie and Clint, and Clint is eliminated from that both due to the lack of poly, and due to him not having even seen Hailey that day.

Add to that Billie's refusal to take another poly, her refusal to answer even the simplest questions about the facts of the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance, and her grossly inappropriate concentration on defending and deflecting from Shawn, who is a named suspect in her little girl's disappearance, and failure day in and day out for 30 days to display action to help her missing and endangered little girl.

And that's just the birds-eye view.

If by some chance Billie is not involved in, and has no knowledge of the circumstances of, Hailey's disappearance, her only choice at this point is to attempt to gain credibility in order to gain direct help from the public at large, is to take another polygraph, pass it, and beg LE to state publicly that she has passed it, and that she is cooperating.

This is my opinion based on the information currently available in this case.
BBM to indicate the part I am addressing

I don't understand why Clint was not asked to take a polygraph. As you say, the suspect pool was narrowed to Billie and Clint, yet he was cleared by virtue of NOT taking a polygraph and claiming not to have seen her that day? How does that make sense? Unless he was in police custody on another matter during the window of time during which Hailey disappeared, I don't understand why they are so sure he could not know anything at all about what happened.

Also, in the first interview you quoted, Sparky never said AND. He said OR. Could just be a nitpicky semantics thing, but maybe not.

You know, you're right, C. Billie needs to talk only to LE. LE will then release to us any and all info they feel will be helpful to Hailey for us, the public, to know.

I agree with this... Billie does not owe the public anything. She does owe it to herself and to Hailey to answer any and all questions from LE. If she is doing that and is cooperating with them, that's all we need to know.
Everything else is just fluff.

BBM. Lanie, I don't recall hearing anything about this tormenting BD and DD. Do you have a link? TIA.

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26545922/detail.html

... on the "Nancy Grace" show Wednesday night, Billie Dunn told Grace that ... her son is living with her brother and visiting every day. Billie Dunn said there was too much craziness going on, and she felt it was best if David stayed with her brother.

She elaborates on this "craziness" in the NG interview cited.

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

The move toward a criminal investigation is based upon evidence from search warrants, voluntary searches, interviews (to include polygraphing) and suspicion of time table.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

With all due respect.... this points to Shawn.... not Billie. She can't confirm HIS alibi or HIS timeline for the day Hailey went missing if she was not there.

(edited for space)
One final thought, we would not have known about the polygraph results if BD would NOT have said anything. LE stayed mum. LE says they didn't tell anyone whether they passed or failed. I think BD could have handled that situation better by saying that LE didn't release the results. Personally, I think she knew she wasn't 100% truthful on certain questions and that's why they questioned her more after her polygraph. When NG asked the polygraph question, another response could have been for BD to say she has no reason to think that she did anything but passed the test, because she told the truth. If I have to pick whom to believe about the polygraph, I'm going with LE, just because they have no reason to lie and have said they did NOT tell anyone whether they passed or failed.

So... is LE claiming that TO THIS DAY they have not revealed who passed and who failed?

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...om-step-dad-of-hailey-dunn-missing-texas-teen

"Information in the affidavits, outlined in part below, lead to what could be a more gruesome ending of a beautiful young life. Hopefully, that will not be the case, and hopefully Hailey will be found alive.
Hailey's mother and step-father failed polygraph tests and have been less than truthful since Hailey disappeared Dec. 27."

http://www.ktxs.com/big_country_news/26545922/detail.html

... on the "Nancy Grace" show Wednesday night, Billie Dunn told Grace that ... her son is living with her brother and visiting every day. Billie Dunn said there was too much craziness going on, and she felt it was best if David stayed with her brother.

She elaborates on this "craziness" in the NG interview cited.

But even there there is a difference in stories from what the Kemper says happened and what Billie said. According to him DD was removed and it wasnt her idea at all.

The Rapid Lightening Speed of this discussion has me mainly in Lurk Mode, Tezzie and still it's impossible to keep up! YOU know about my "Mom Did It" radar and it's just not going off here and my Heart truly wants it to stay that way as those cases are the ones that I have a harder time with...but You also know that I can't just keep my mouth shut forever! Hope all is well, Chickie! Back to Lurking Again~

RR

Hi River,
Thought I'd chime in here.
May I just say that in spite of what my posts may indicate, I'm not convinced BD is directly responsible for Hailey's disappearance, either?

I did however become convinced some time ago that she has been "less than forthcoming" and has deliberately obfuscated the facts in this investigation.

It's Billie's motivation that I'm still on the fence about. :fence:

• Is she trying to protect Shawn?
  • Is she resentful of the questions regarding areas of her life she feels are irrelevant to the investigation?
  • Is she that concerned with appearances and afraid of being seen as a bad mom?
  • Is she afraid she could lose custody of DD?
  • Is she afraid of losing her job and any chance to regain her nursing license?
  • Is she actually complicit in Hailey's disappearance??
Or - could it be all of the above? :dunno:

Hopefully, time will tell. And SOON.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members