TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you BeanE. You said it much more eloquently and with greater clarity than I could have ever done.

:gthanks:

This is one of the most difficult cases to follow.'
The boyfriend with a very shady background.. and threatened peoples lives.
The mother who is very LOOSE with her answers to anyone..
Kampher (sp) who cannot get infomation straight..
--The only one who has a clue is BeanE.... she's got it straight.....:)

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I find it interesting that people always assume it's a male. Having had my life threatened by a female, I can most definitely say that it's a lot more common than you think!

I need to start bookmarking these video links. Is there a thread where they are all collected?

Was the "assumption" due to Billie's pronoun use in the video clip? Like "they can't find him" or "they don't know where he is"? I really don't remember.

Do you think it is possible that (if the person was female) that LE didn't report the threat to Billie thinking it was a "girl thing" like a "catfight" or rivalry of some sort... OMG I think... that I need to shut up right now.

I keep hearing over and over that if people just knew everything, if they only knew the timeline as tight as it could be made, then it would help in locating Hailey. I am desperate. I will do anything to get Hailey home. I realize I will make mistakes, and probably look like a fool sometimes, but I dont care if it will increase the chances of finding Hailey at all.

Okay, but what about Billie? Is she desperate? Is she willing to do anything to get Hailey home? Does she have another poly scheduled?

This is one of the most difficult cases to follow.'
The boyfriend with a very shady background.. and threatened peoples lives.
The mother who is very LOOSE with her answers to anyone..
Kampher (sp) who cannot get infomation straight..
--The only one who has a clue is BeanE.... she's got it straight.....:)

We're doomed. Doomed I tell ya. :floorlaugh:

:blowkiss:

(I literally choked on my coffee. I wasn't expecting that stuck on the end. lmao)

Is there a link to support your assertion, or is it an assumption? It is getting difficult to separate rumor from fact.

Just thinking back to CA. If they have video of her in there they surely can see who she was with and what she purchased. jmo

Just thinking back to CA. If they have video of her in there they surely can see who she was with and what she purchased. jmo

Not to mention the store clerk, other customers, the little boy who was with her, Clint and Naomi who were likely there when they got home, receipt in the trashcan, trash wrappers in the trash can, friends, brother, mom to whom she may have mentioned what she purchased, etc etc etc.

We're doomed. Doomed I tell ya. :floorlaugh:

:blowkiss:

(I literally choked on my coffee. I wasn't expecting that stuck on the end. lmao)

Well, BeanE, if I come up missing, I want you to do my time line. I won't feel so doomed then. LOL:floorlaugh::great:

IMO
I think it may be quite possible to get a "witness" to see what you want them to see. If you question some people, keep asking, "are you sure?" Do you think it might have been Monday, not Sunday?" You are sure? Some people are not that confident of what they believe and may be easily swayed into thinking that they must have been mistaken, and begin to believe the interrogator. Keep pounding away, in a friendly, not intimidating manner, and sometimes you get results that are more satisfactory. I am not saying that the witnesses BD keeps bringing up deliberately lied, but two days can leave a bit of uncertainty by someone anxious to "be helpful".

IMO

Bolded by me, and using above as a jumping off point.

IIRC, I read in a news report this witness sighting did not come out for one to two weeks later, MOO. Do any of you wonderful people out here who are so much more organized than I am have a link to back up my memory? TIA.

Its so difficult to decide what the movements of a perp would be after an abduction. A stranger abduction you would think, he would just go on his way. Someone more close to home might interject themselves into the picture, ask more questions and be a little too interested in what going on, ride around the area to see whats happening, etc.
The suspect had the opportunity, but whats the motive?
A regular vistor to the neighborhool had opportunity, have they all been checked out?
I really think the clues are in that neighborhood. People had to put out their trash, get their mail, get in their cars, people were out all hours of the day, someone noticed something and they are just not remembering.
Those neighbors need a non Le person to sit and talk with them, look out their windows so they see what the neighbor could see, go over what they did that day, just help them go back and remember.

Your post made me ponder the fact that (no accusations are being made by me against any specific individuals, I am just speaking in very broad terms) someone picks up that trash, and someone delivers that mail. Any regular visitor to the neighborhood (delivery driver, cab driver, newspaper carrier, school bus driver, dog walker, etc.) would know who lives where, and might have seen a particular child walking around town frequently, and when that child's parents are at work. Nobody would think twice about seeing this person in he neighborhood, and he/she might live WAY outside the search area. Sort of the "best of both worlds" this person would be a "stranger" for all intents and purposes, but due to the nature of their work, would also be in a position to follow the investigation very closely.

My suggestion is, "No, don't do it". We've seen her on TV already, and trust me, she doesn't come across very well. Maybe it's because she's nervous, worried, confused, whatever. She just doesn't present well before the camera with her evasive and conflicting answers.

In the article, I found this statement highly offensive:

Billie Jean Dunn: "On top of Hailey missing have people saying horrible things and making horrible accusations and after I get Hailey home I'll deal with the slander and the defamation of character. I definitely will".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

Why? Because she's worried about her image, what people are saying about her. Why are they saying certain things? Because Billie has NOT been forthcoming, she's been evasive and she contradicts her own statements. What she thinks is "clearing things up" only appears to be deceptive to many.

She needs a spokesperson, one who can handle pressure, and isn't afraid of the cameras or the questions, someone who knows how to deal with the press. Many families have them in these situations.

Also, speaking to an attorney and LE before doing any press conference would be in her best interest, and I do hope they dissuade her.

The time to be open and clarify information plus the timeline was a month ago, not now. At this point, it would appear that she's trying to cover her tracks. Not an image she wants to portray, I'm sure.

No press conference, please.

IMO, this goes beyond people thinking BD is involved. People are allegedly driving past BD's house screaming things, and people are allegedly tormenting DD at school. I followed Caylee Anthony's case closely, and I watched the live video feeds with all the protestors in front of the Anthony home, and I watched the videos of the altercations between the Anthonys and the protestors. It got pretty ugly, and in Hailey's case, there is another child involved here. I don't get for one second how people who are allegedly doing the drive-bys are justifying this in their heads.

For the most part I would agree it doesn't matter what people think, but IMO, this has gone past getting dirty looks in the grocery store. I am also really torn on my opinion of a press conference, as I think it would keep Hailey's name out there, but OTOH, it might make things worse for BD, and for DD by association. MOO.

Posting for reference while I happen to have the news article open and people are talking about the videos.

"Police have told us surveillance tapes at both stores put Hailey there on Sunday," Clint Dunn said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/20...-untrue-missing-colorado-city-teen-h/?print=1

Also, I occasionally was having problems opening the reporternews.com articles. I found a trick that so far has worked every time. I put /?print=1 on the end of the link, after removing other parameters like the yahoo partner link that's sometimes stuck on there. I think it's ads getting 'stuck' in displaying that hang up the articles, and that /?print=1 parameter removes all the ads from the article display.

Ativan and Klonopin are so similar that it really doesn't matter which one, they are going to do the same thing. Much like Lexapro and Celexa, different names for essentially the same substance.

Although, they are both benzodiazepams,they are different. Klonopin is harsher and more side effects and not the initial benzo ordered when needed.

Well, BeanE, if I come up missing, I want you to do my time line. I won't feel so doomed then. LOL:floorlaugh::great:

Hubby said if I was stolen, they would bring me back soon after. Should I be offened?

IMO, this goes beyond people thinking BD is involved. People are allegedly driving past BD's house screaming things, and people are allegedly tormenting DD at school. I followed Caylee Anthony's case closely, and I watched the live video feeds with all the protestors in front of the Anthony home, and I watched the videos of the altercations between the Anthonys and the protestors. It got pretty ugly, and in Hailey's case, there is another child involved here. I don't get for one second how people who are allegedly doing the drive-bys are justifying this in their heads.

For the most part I would agree it doesn't matter what people think, but IMO, this has gone past getting dirty looks in the grocery store. I am also really torn on my opinion of a press conference, as I think it would keep Hailey's name out there, but OTOH, it might make things worse for BD, and for DD by association. MOO.

BBM. Lanie, I don't recall hearing anything about this tormenting BD and DD. Do you have a link? TIA.

^ I'm not lanie but IIRC that was from bd's friend that posts here.

CZ, I agree that it does not matter what the public thinks about Billie. I just am not sure that her speaking out will clear up much, I guess. I think if she showed lots more photos of Hailey, any videos they may have of her, things that might job someone's memory as she looks quite different in the various shots we've seen. The school video was incredibly blurry and did not really give much of an idea of Hailey. And maybe if she could clear up whether Hailey generally wore her "hoodie"-that has been talked about a lot and she seems to have it on in many photos. A lot of girls her age like to have a jacket on, if they are beginning to develop, I know I did, and not just go around in a t-shirt. Would it be unusual for Hailey to walk around town in just a t-shirt?

I guess I'd just rather hear about Hailey at this point, if Billie wants to talk, but that is just me.

I was thrilled to hear her really talking about Hailey in yesterday's interview. Hearing that Hailey didn't like cheerleading as much as she liked other sports, that she was interested in martial arts and that she seems to have had a good relationship with her brother. I got a really warm feeling about Hailey after hearing Billie talk about her in a relaxed way.

And I don't really care if she "got the idea" to do this from WS. I know that her media comments do seem to coincide with our focus here, and I have no problem with that at all. I wanted to hear about Hailey, and she told me. :twocents:

BBM. Lanie, I don't recall hearing anything about this tormenting BD and DD. Do you have a link? TIA.

BD said it on the NG show. Probably, one of the lst appearences. I agree, it is pretty sick and disturbing to go to someone's house and yell things when they are going through a crises like this. I would probably be described as a "nut case." I would be fatigued,mad, angry , sad all at the same time. How can you hold somebody responsible for their reaction to a abduction of your child? It is cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum