TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something I am wondering about. LE says that Hailey is on tape in a store Sunday. I wonder if, before releasing that footage, everyone who says they saw Hailey on Monday described her as wearing something different than what she has on in the video Sunday. That is of course if those people could remember the what she had on and at least two of them matched. Would that make LE give those sightings more credibility?

Understand your point, but video would also have date. How can I say this as I admire you CZ sooo much....grasping.

I dunno - would I remember what a person was wearing? If I saw someone at the store - and recognized them - my recollection would be focused on their face - yeah I saw this person! - but would think my recollection would stop there - and not really remember what they were wearing unless it was something out of the ordinary.
I would have a hard time recalling what a person was wearing unless it was something very distinct, a bright color or pattern, perhaps. I've been trying to train myself to be more observant by just practicing on random people I see on the streets or in stores. It's tough, though, because most of us have a jillion things going on in our minds at any one moment. I do believ LE would've asked the witnesses what she was wearing and what she was doing. If she appeared happy or upset. If they couldn't recall then, I doubt they will now.

Here is something I am wondering about. LE says that Hailey is on tape in a store Sunday. I wonder if, before releasing that footage, everyone who says they saw Hailey on Monday described her as wearing something different than what she has on in the video Sunday. That is of course if those people could remember the what she had on and at least two of them matched. Would that make LE give those sightings more credibility?

That would be nice to know. Unless she's like my daughter was at 13 and wore pretty much the same type outfit every day. If she liked a shirt, she made me buy at least three, same with shorts (I'm in Florida). She was all about comfort. She was a little quirky though :heartbeat:

Did the witness/es say they saw her in the Dollar Store or they thought she was heading to the Dollar Store? If they just thought that, then a different outfit from what she had on in the Dollar Store would definitely make you think it was on two different days.

And just to clarify on the press conference - Billie is not going to reveal any details of LE's investigation. She was just going to let everyone know what happened on those three days, and talk about Hailey, and thank everyone for all that they are doing.

LE already knows what she will be saying because she has told them over and over. The main purpose is to try to get more media coverage for Hailey, and then to go over what happened in those three days. And sitting down, writing out, and saying everything again can't hurt. It might even help. Maybe somebody's memory will be jogged. Who knows.

My suggestion is, "No, don't do it". We've seen her on TV already, and trust me, she doesn't come across very well. Maybe it's because she's nervous, worried, confused, whatever. She just doesn't present well before the camera with her evasive and conflicting answers.

In the article, I found this statement highly offensive:

Billie Jean Dunn: "On top of Hailey missing have people saying horrible things and making horrible accusations and after I get Hailey home I'll deal with the slander and the defamation of character. I definitely will".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

Why? Because she's worried about her image, what people are saying about her. Why are they saying certain things? Because Billie has NOT been forthcoming, she's been evasive and she contradicts her own statements. What she thinks is "clearing things up" only appears to be deceptive to many.

She needs a spokesperson, one who can handle pressure, and isn't afraid of the cameras or the questions, someone who knows how to deal with the press. Many families have them in these situations.

Also, speaking to an attorney and LE before doing any press conference would be in her best interest, and I do hope they dissuade her.

The time to be open and clarify information plus the timeline was a month ago, not now. At this point, it would appear that she's trying to cover her tracks. Not an image she wants to portray, I'm sure.

No press conference, please.

Understand your point, but video would also have date. How can I say this as I admire you CZ sooo much....grasping.

lol, I think I detect a little bit of sarcasm there. but yes, I am grasping at anything.

Ultimately, I am not sure that it really matters. SA has already said she was last seen by him @ 3:15. So it does not matter if she was out and about at noon anyway.

That would be nice to know. Unless she's like my daughter was at 13 and wore pretty much the same type outfit every day. If she liked a shirt, she made me buy at least three, same with shorts (I'm in Florida). She was all about comfort. She was a little quirky though :heartbeat:

Did the witness/es say they saw her in the Dollar Store or they thought she was heading to the Dollar Store? If they just thought that, then a different outfit from what she had on in the Dollar Store would definitely make you think it was on two different days.

Jean assumed she was headed to a store, but of course wasn't sure.

My point is that LE is assuming Jean saw her Sunday instead of Monday because she is on tape Sunday. Even though Jean is closed on Sunday, and remembers whose hair she was doing and thus knows the time she saw Hailey because she has a sign in book..... if only the person whose hair she was doing could confirm - but the customer at the time has alzheimers, so no help there.

Ultimately, I am not sure that it really matters. SA has already said she was last seen by him @ 3:15. So it does not matter if she was out and about at noon anyway.

Yes, I know... I just want Hailey to be alive and able to come home so bad I am reaching for anything at all.

I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone or take the blame off of anyone. I just want to know where Hailey is, and what has happened, and for her to be found. And by the grace of God, found safe. I believe in miracles, and I believe Hailey is deserving of a miracle. The more time that passes, the more I am coming to the conclusion that it will indeed take a miracle to get her home safely.

Yes, I know... I just want Hailey to be alive and able to come home so bad I am reaching for anything at all.

I'm not trying to point the finger at anyone or take the blame off of anyone. I just want to know where Hailey is, and what has happened, and for her to be found. And by the grace of God, found safe. I believe in miracles, and I believe Hailey is deserving of a miracle. The more time that passes, the more I am coming to the conclusion that it will indeed take a miracle to get her home safely.

I understand. As a mom, my heart goes out to you both. It must be unbearable.
I hope for a miracle as well. We all do, and they do happen. Just not often enough. Thank you for working so hard to make one happen here.

Just my opinion...
But Billie doesn't seem to want to give up her love interest over her own children... Her daughter, Hailey is missing, and her other child has been taken away..
Somehow, she doesn't seem bothered by the fact that BOTH of her children are out of her house...
-She is bothered by the fact that her love/lust interest is the #1 suspect
-That people are speaking bad of her
-LE has it all wrong
-Tells her daughter to call 911..(geeze, thanks mom)

I said it a week ago.. and I'll say it again....
she will NOT give a straight answer, even if she was given a ruler....
---In my opinion-- she knows---

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

The move toward a criminal investigation is based upon evidence from search warrants, voluntary searches, interviews (to include polygraphing) and suspicion of time table.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

Holy crap I hope they're not talking about *my* timetable! :eek: :back: :truce:

Jaycee Dugard was a miracle.

Shawn Hornbeck was a miracle.

Elizabeth Smart was a miracle... police were convinced she was killed by Richard, despite the one eye witness insisting he wasn't the guy who took Elizabeth. While Elizabeth was alive and being held for 9 months by Brian David Mitchell. Their suspect Richard, was completely innocent.

Odds are not good, but I never stop looking for a child alive until someone proves that they are not.

If we start doing that we will simply ensure far more end up dead.

I wouldn't give up on my own child without solid proof, I won't give up on anyone else's either. :twocents:

Hey BeanE.. Maybe you should E-mail your time line to them...lol,, :)

Can I say...Squeeeeeeezzeee Billie like a grape..!!!.........

That's all.....

Let me say that I am sorry if it appeared that I was baiting anyone. I did not mean to in any way.

mod snip

I do not know why Billie chose to tell about this in an interview. I have no idea how close to the vest LE is wanting to keep this, so without giving anything away, I only wanted to let it be known that this is not something that Billie was keeping to herself or had pulled out of thin air.

Out of curiousity who was it who reported this "threat" to the police and how did this person know about it?

Hummm. So I am to believe that Hailey and her friends went over to the Dollar store on Sunday afternoon and Hailey purchsed cupcakes and hot cheetos. Went home and put them in her drawer. Left them there from Sunday afternoon and they were still there when she reportedly left for her sleepover Monday at 3 pm?

I don't think so. This just might do them in. The snacks in the drawer.

My daughter (at that age) was a junk-food junkie. She'd buy a big bag of Doritos and a box of Tastykakes and put them in her room. She would open and eat some chips, or have a few of the cupcakes from the box right away, but the rest went into a drawer and sometimes stayed in there a year, forgotten. She also sometimes brought home the pack of 2 cookies served at lunch or a muffin left from breakfast if it was pre-packaged. She's always been well-fed, but hoards junk food.

The exchange below - with the famous Sparky long pause - made it clear as a bell that Billie is among the POIs LE keeps talking about - and likely the only POI - that LE keeps talking about.

LE has stated that the POI can be found among Shawn's close friends and former associates. At that time, Billie had pretty much disassociated herself from Shawn, making a neat fit for either the close friend or the former associate category.

"Through the affidavit, you've seen part of what the investigation is, but we're asking you not to jump to any conclusions...there's a lot more to this case." Department of Public Safety Senior Trooper Sparky Dean said.

During the press conference, KTXS asked, "Do you believe Shawn or Billie, one or both, know where Hailey is?"

Dean paused for a long time and then looked to Kampfer who responded, "I think that's a good question. They're working several leads to the nature of that."

Dean then responded, "Obviously, I don’t know what they are know or don't know. The people to best answer that question are Shawn or Billie."

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26472310/detail.html

Kampfer last week identified Adkins as one of several people of interest in the case and said Tuesday that the investigation has widened to include "close and former associates of Adkins." No one has been arrested.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...BMNPFQ?docId=13061ef3c23e4d62bf2cb3edfdbe28b8

Additionally, there is the information about Billie in the affidavit, as well as the multiple statements from LE referring to dishonesty and obfuscation (my synonyms) by "family" coupled with not a single peep from LE about any other family member, and the facts that 1) Clint has not had to take a poly, and 2) LE always looks at the parents first. This narrows it down clearly to Billie and Clint, and removes Clint from suspicion.

Further, there are the statements from LE regarding the timetable problems, which obviously narrows the POI pool down to Billie and Clint, and Clint is eliminated from that both due to the lack of poly, and due to him not having even seen Hailey that day.

Add to that Billie's refusal to take another poly, her refusal to answer even the simplest questions about the facts of the circumstances surrounding her daughter's disappearance, and her grossly inappropriate concentration on defending and deflecting from Shawn, who is a named suspect in her little girl's disappearance, and failure day in and day out for 30 days to display action to help her missing and endangered little girl.

And that's just the birds-eye view.

If by some chance Billie is not involved in, and has no knowledge of the circumstances of, Hailey's disappearance, her only choice at this point is to attempt to gain credibility in order to gain direct help from the public at large, is to take another polygraph, pass it, and beg LE to state publicly that she has passed it, and that she is cooperating.

This is my opinion based on the information currently available in this case.

Just bouncing off your post.

What sort of criminal calls LE to threaten someone and their child?

I'm thinking that BD has misinterpreted something along the line there. Communication doesn't appear to be her strong suit.
She needs a spokesperson.

With all respect, I think you may also have misinterpreted something. The individual is not said to have called police to threaten them, someone who heard a person make threats reported it to police.

Person making threat >>>>> Observer >>>>> LE >>>>> (a year later) >>>>> Billie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member