TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #48

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me say that I am sorry if it appeared that I was baiting anyone. I did not mean to in any way.

mod snip

I do not know why Billie chose to tell about this in an interview. I have no idea how close to the vest LE is wanting to keep this, so without giving anything away, I only wanted to let it be known that this is not something that Billie was keeping to herself or had pulled out of thin air.

I just hope that the release of this new "mystery poi" today does not in any way correlate with other news released today:

- potential evidence found during today's searches
-LE searching areas associated with Shawn

Is it getting close to a discovery and time to introduce some reasonable(?) doubt as to the guilty party(s)? I sure hope not, because I'm still praying for Hailey to be found alive...

Are there any searches scheduled for the weekend?

Let me say that I am sorry if it appeared that I was baiting anyone. I did not mean to in any way.

mod snip

I do not know why Billie chose to tell about this in an interview. I have no idea how close to the vest LE is wanting to keep this, so without giving anything away, .I only wanted to let it be known that this is not something that Billie was keeping to herself or had pulled out of thin air

Bolded by Me.

Thank You for sharing that portion with us.

I don't know of any definte, factual lies that LE has told, or major errors they have made (other than not treating H as as a kidnap victim at once). Maybe they have lied and maybe they have made major mistakes, but I think I will trust them for now, as far as intentions.

Wait, let me correct myself, I do think not taking advantage of TES for water-based searching ASAP or weeks ago, is a big mistake.

CZ is in a tough spot. She wants to answer questions, but there are some she cannot answer for us. Remember, she is on the scene. If she can't answer a question, let her just say she can't and that's it. Or, she can just pass on the question. It's hard for someone in her shoes to keep from "baiting". She's between a rock and a hard place sometimes.

So, if we don't get an answer, we can assume it is something she can't answer.

Are there any searches scheduled for the weekend?

Yes, for sure tomorrow, meeting at the community center. This is the one that is part of the Wed/Sat schedule from the group that worked with Brad Dennis and LRC. I believe there are other private groups that have split off and continue daily searches in small numbers.

To be honest I don't give a wang chung about any drugs unless it's crack/meth and /or psycodelics: LSD, shrooms, etc. Persons maintain every day on these (real people). I just don't see why all the speculation. If on a meth/shroom high, then I'll understand. But simple anxiety, or unless huge multiples of pain pills come into play..think this is going way off plane.

NO players in this are without fault. Let's get back to the real deal, and the facts.

Yes, for sure tomorrow, meeting at the community center. This is the one that is part of the Wed/Sat schedule from the group that worked with Brad Dennis and LRC. I believe there are other private groups that have split off and continue daily searches in small numbers.

Thanks Sarx.

Its so difficult to decide what the movements of a perp would be after an abduction. A stranger abduction you would think, he would just go on his way. Someone more close to home might interject themselves into the picture, ask more questions and be a little too interested in what going on, ride around the area to see whats happening, etc.
The suspect had the opportunity, but whats the motive?
A regular vistor to the neighborhool had opportunity, have they all been checked out?
I really think the clues are in that neighborhood. People had to put out their trash, get their mail, get in their cars, people were out all hours of the day, someone noticed something and they are just not remembering.
Those neighbors need a non Le person to sit and talk with them, look out their windows so they see what the neighbor could see, go over what they did that day, just help them go back and remember.

with all due respect cz....

you said that billie wants to do a press conference just to straighten out the confusion..... so apparently billie even knows the confusion she has caused as she wants a press conference to try to straighten it out NOW including the events surrounding sunday monday and tuesday leading to Haileys disappearance.... THE TIMELINE...

yet you are questioning LEs and our confusion on the truth about the timeline????

I am not questioning LE. And when I said people are confused by hearing a piece of the story here and a bit of it there, I did not necessarily mean anyone here at WS..... I meant people in general.

As to the timeline, look at how everyone (again, not just here) reacted when whatever station it was that aired it. And the one that is posted on KTXS. The best one I have seen is Bean's, and while I might not agree with everything she has, it is by far the most comprehensive... and IMO she put more work into it on her own time than any reporter who was paid to do it has.

As far as the confusion goes, I have been with Billie during more than one interview...... and no matter how much detail she goes into, things get cut, for whatever reason. I thought that if she said everything, start to finish, in front of more than one reporter, there was a much better chance of everything being released.

Honestly, and no disrespect intended, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks of Billie. She has told LE everything she knows, and more than once. I am afraid that if people think she is withholding information/covering for someone/involved in any way with Hailey's disappearance, then people will assume that Hailey is no longer alive - why else would she not be truthful. I never meant to say that no one would quit looking for Hailey, only that they would then only be looking for a body, and not searching faces when they were out walking, or in the store, or wherever they go.

The press conference at this time...... because the media is becoming disinterested in the case. Yes, she is mentioned from time to time, but her face needs to be plastered all over the TV at intervals all day long. And we hope that PK and also Clint will make statements.

I keep hearing over and over that if people just knew everything, if they only knew the timeline as tight as it could be made, then it would help in locating Hailey. I am desperate. I will do anything to get Hailey home. I realize I will make mistakes, and probably look like a fool sometimes, but I dont care if it will increase the chances of finding Hailey at all.

I don't believe Billie caused most of the confusion. Some of it, yeah, probably. But not intentionally. She is not purposely clouding anything. Of course she is going to make a mistake, or misspeak, or not remember something correctly. But as soon as she realizes it, she corrects it. And that does cause some confusion, but it also causes people to think she is lying or making things up. And she is not.

Some things just haven't been covered. For instance, what time and why she left work early. (And I may not say this exactly right - I dont have my notes in front of me, and I am not digging them out. I am just giving an example) She left early because there was a staff meeting at work, her relief was there and nice enough to tell Billie to go ahead and go home since she was already there, that she had it covered. These are the things that I am talking about clearing up. LE already knows this, and everything else. Maybe the 'public' doesn't need to know. But it is not going to hurt to let them know.

To be honest I don't give a wang chung about any drugs unless it's crack/meth and /or psycodelics: LSD, shrooms, etc. Persons maintain every day on these (real people). I just don't see why all the speculation. If on a meth/shroom high, then I'll understand. But simple anxiety, or unless huge multiples of pain pills come into play..think this is going way off plane.

NO players in this are without fault. Let's get back to the real deal, and the facts.

Billies the one who --according to the affidavit --went with her bf to the ATM to withdraw money to buy illegal drugs. She did NOT specify what drugs they bought. Her child was missing when she did this, Billie gets NO pass go card from me.

CZ, I agree that it does not matter what the public thinks about Billie. I just am not sure that her speaking out will clear up much, I guess. I think if she showed lots more photos of Hailey, any videos they may have of her, things that might job someone's memory as she looks quite different in the various shots we've seen. The school video was incredibly blurry and did not really give much of an idea of Hailey. And maybe if she could clear up whether Hailey generally wore her "hoodie"-that has been talked about a lot and she seems to have it on in many photos. A lot of girls her age like to have a jacket on, if they are beginning to develop, I know I did, and not just go around in a t-shirt. Would it be unusual for Hailey to walk around town in just a t-shirt?

I guess I'd just rather hear about Hailey at this point, if Billie wants to talk, but that is just me.

Personally, I would love to hear what she has to say. And I would love to hear her clarifications. But if I were her friend or her attorney, I would advise against it.

QUOTE:

"Investigators know about it but haven't questioned him. They can't find him. He did threaten to hurt me and Hailey and he hasn't been talked to and he hasn't been found," said Dunn.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=336276

IDK what to make of this. If you watch the video at the link and actually see BD say these words - when this first comes up in the conversation, BD makes a "face". I read it as "I shouldn't be saying this, but............." type face. IF there is this guy and IF BD was told to nix it and IF she didn't and put this out there tonight - then LE is going to be very upset with her. Possibly ruining any further relaying of info to BD from LE.

There are a bunch of "IF's" in there. I'm just not sure what to think anymore. LE hasn't found this guy? Then why no BOLO on his car? Does he have one? I would think so - if they can't find him - I don't think he's hoofin' it or even riding a bicycle.

I just keep thinking "Occam's razor" here. Its just not that complicated - it can't be.

What gets me is that LE keeps saying they cannot confirm the sighting of Hailey.

Like they want a witness to say the other witness saw her or something.

What reason do they have not to believe the Hairdresser? She went on TV and said she saw her. What do they mean corroborate any witnesses ? Can you say witness for the defence? What else they gonna do with that? They better be able to discredit her with more than she went to the dollar store sunday. IMO

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

I know I wasnt going to quote this article but this has been stated in other articles too

Except I hadnt seen supposedly before ...

It is just looking like in the statements that they are trying to toss out things that might not fit with their theory.IMO

Respectfully, IMO, consideration for a press conference to maintain media attention should have been given prior to BD publicly spitting in the face of NG---you know "The Nancy Grace" who was the first person to provide a national platform to disseminate information about BD's missing daughter?

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333966

IMO, if NG made her mad enough to tell a reporter…then she certainly won't be able to handle a public presser.

I am not questioning LE. And when I said people are confused by hearing a piece of the story here and a bit of it there, I did not necessarily mean anyone here at WS..... I meant people in general.

As to the timeline, look at how everyone (again, not just here) reacted when whatever station it was that aired it. And the one that is posted on KTXS. The best one I have seen is Bean's, and while I might not agree with everything she has, it is by far the most comprehensive... and IMO she put more work into it on her own time than any reporter who was paid to do it has.

As far as the confusion goes, I have been with Billie during more than one interview...... and no matter how much detail she goes into, things get cut, for whatever reason. I thought that if she said everything, start to finish, in front of more than one reporter, there was a much better chance of everything being released.

Honestly, and no disrespect intended, it doesn't really matter what the public thinks of Billie. She has told LE everything she knows, and more than once. I am afraid that if people think she is withholding information/covering for someone/involved in any way with Hailey's disappearance, then people will assume that Hailey is no longer alive - why else would she not be truthful. I never meant to say that no one would quit looking for Hailey, only that they would then only be looking for a body, and not searching faces when they were out walking, or in the store, or wherever they go.

The press conference at this time...... because the media is becoming disinterested in the case. Yes, she is mentioned from time to time, but her face needs to be plastered all over the TV at intervals all day long. And we hope that PK and also Clint will make statements.

I keep hearing over and over that if people just knew everything, if they only knew the timeline as tight as it could be made, then it would help in locating Hailey. I am desperate. I will do anything to get Hailey home. I realize I will make mistakes, and probably look like a fool sometimes, but I dont care if it will increase the chances of finding Hailey at all.

I don't believe Billie caused most of the confusion. Some of it, yeah, probably. But not intentionally. She is not purposely clouding anything. Of course she is going to make a mistake, or misspeak, or not remember something correctly. But as soon as she realizes it, she corrects it. And that does cause some confusion, but it also causes people to think she is lying or making things up. And she is not.

Some things just haven't been covered. For instance, what time and why she left work early. (And I may not say this exactly right - I dont have my notes in front of me, and I am not digging them out. I am just giving an example) She left early because there was a staff meeting at work, her relief was there and nice enough to tell Billie to go ahead and go home since she was already there, that she had it covered. These are the things that I am talking about clearing up. LE already knows this, and everything else. Maybe the 'public' doesn't need to know. But it is not going to hurt to let them know.

Things not covered: why, where, when with SA on that Monday. Surely she does have time to speak with him now. Still, no answers?
What I wish is that both are innocent and get their tails down to the police station. Why is that not happening And BD still loves, and SPEAKS with the only SUSPECT in her missing child. Surely you can understand...there are NO words.

Things not covered: why, where, when with SA on that Monday. Surely she does have time to speak with him now. Still, no answers?
What I wish is that both are innocent and get their tails down to the police station. Why is that not happening And BD still loves, and SPEAKS with the only SUSPECT in her missing child. Surely you can understand...there are NO words.

Yep...and oh yeah, she's talking to him...
One on One with Hailey Dunn's Mother - Billie Dunn 1/27/11
snipped...
Beau Berman: Shawn was named a suspect a couple weeks ago. Have you talked to him recently?

Billie Jean Dunn: "Umm, we still talk some over the phone."

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23579

I was out all evening and am trying to catch up. So far I've gathered that about a year ago, someone threatened to do harm to BD and HD. Someone else heard the threat, took it seriously, and reported it to LE. No one informed BD. A year later, HD disappears. Nothing is said until two weeks ago when LE decides to tell BD. LE has looked for this someone but is unable to locate "him". BD has now taken it upon herself to reveal the the alleged threat to the public via MSM without revealing "someone's" identity or the nature of the threat.

I'm left with a stupid question. If LE didn't think the threat was serious enough to follow up on, and didn't bother telling BD even after she reported another threat last February, when the first threat would've been fresh, how did LE even recall it now? Did someone in the county sheriff's office or the local police department suddenly say, "Hey, didn't we get a report that someone threatened Billy Dunn and her daughter last year?"

Or did someone else call LE after HD went missing and remind them? I don't know. Feels like I'm missing a dot here.

BTW, do we know which LE agency received the report of the threat last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18