Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just for you :blowkiss:

czgtz 12-31-2010, 09:28 PM
- As I was finishing this up, I spoke with Billie, who said that police have brought in bloodhounds. The dogs did pick up a scent. Also, a neighbor saw Hailey on the phone in her backyard for about 30 minutes Monday afternoon. A woman has come forward and said that she is fairly certain that she saw Hailey with another girl and a boy walking late Monday evening. It has also come to light that Hailey had been talking to a boy in a neighboring town. The police are investigating these leads.
Last edited by czgtz; 12-31-2010 at 09:39 PM.

czgtz 01-01-2011, 05:31 PM
OK guys, I have deleted some posts that had information in them that mentioned the bloodhounds. At the request of Hailey’s mom, the only information she wants released about the dogs is that they were brought in to search for a scent. There has been NO confirmation that Hailey was or wasn’t in a particular place anytime since she was last seen at home. As previously mentioned, Hailey has walked to her dad’s house and her friend’s house too many times to count.

I would very greatly appreciate those of you who quoted or questioned me on where the scent led the bloodhounds also edit or delete your posts. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

================================

Nancy Grace January 4

GRACE: What can you tell me about these bloodhounds? We are learning police have brought bloodhounds out to your home, and they went from your home to a local motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Yes. I kind of don`t know what to say now since I heard police were being tight-lipped about it, but I`ll go ahead and say they started toward her dad`s house. They didn`t go there. They stopped, turned around, went to her friend`s, went to that motel, where they told me they`re reviewing video surveillance. There was video surveillance there. But didn`t have much luck there.

GRACE: And what motel is it, Billie? What is the name of the motel?

BILLIE DUNN: Western Inn or Western Suites. It`s a new motel close to my house.

GRACE: How far away is it?

BILLIE DUNN: Three to four blocks.

GRACE: Just three to four blocks.

BILLIE DUNN: Right.

GRACE: And what else did police tell you?

BILLIE DUNN: We hear that another lady says she saw Hailey, her friend and a boy she didn`t recognize Monday evening — it was already dark — walking on the main street by a store. So they`re looking at that video surveillance, too, seeing if that story checks out, see if they can put her somewhere that evening. I`m just told that there are a ton of tips coming in, and they`re checking out everything. And they say when they hear somebody thinks they`ve seen Hailey an hour or two away, they`re running over there, checking video surveillance at a Burger King.

=============================

January 4, 2011 at 10:30 p.m.

On Friday, bloodhounds were taken to the six motels in Colorado City. At Western Suites, which is located at 2233 Vine Street and is adjacent to Interstate 20 and near the Dunn home, the dogs picked up on Dunn’s scent in the parking lot, City Manager Pete Kampfer said Tuesday night.

The scent led to a door of a ground-floor room at the two-level motel that opened in July, he said, but there the trail stopped. A search of the 24 suites produced no other evidence, he said.

Cristie Roye, manager of Western Suites, said police studied surveillance tapes but did not see the missing teen. Motel staff, she said, did not recall seeing the teenager, either.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/04/hed-help-herey-hed-help-herey/

You are so on the ball! Thanks for pulling up the sources...:):gthanks:

Why would LE have to "grill" her? Questioning her whether Hailey showed up at her house, possibly prompting her to try to remember if she spoke to Hailey that day... that's not grilling, it's just part of the investigation. I see no reason for either one of them to be crying unless they had something to hide. It's normal procedure to question anyone who may have seen the missing person and I highly doubt that she was treated any differently than anyone else they questioned.
This mother is being overly dramatic, IMO.

If you are on the receiving end of being questioned by the feds you would definitely feel grilled and in the hot seat. I've personally witnessed a similar situation with my kids and it was super hard on them. And it's very hard on the parents to see their kids going through this. I didn't cry when my kids did, but my attorney grabbing me before I could come out of my chair probably saved me from spending a night in jail for assault. I don't think MB's mother is being overly dramatic at all.

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/investigators-tighten-numbers

This is a January 26th article.

Kampfer stated investigators haven’t been able to corroborate any witnesses seeing Hailey on December 27, the day she supposedly disappeared while on the way to spend the night with a friend.

“Taking the electronic data and mixing it in, the time tables don’t match up,” he said.

To me this says that they cannot corroborate a sighting early in the day by a hairdresser or a sighting later that day by another witness who thought they saw Haleigh in front of the two stores with a male and female.

This is 2011. There are video cameras everywhere. The video camera at the hotel also did not show that Hailey was there.

This is very clear. These sightings have not proven out.

Not the hotel, not the 10:30-1:00pm hairdresser sighting, not the late afternoon or early evening sighting.

I've been looking for something, and haven't been able to find it. I hope someone can help. :)

I'm looking for a description of Hailey's last sighting by Shawn that is complete - that is, that starts with 'she said she was going to her dad's, then to MB's, then she', and finishes the story until she actually exits the house.

For example, '... then to MB's,... then she waved good-bye and walked out the door', or '... then to MB's,... then she walked in the other room, and I heard the front door open and close. I didn't see her again (or and then Shawn said he didn't see her again.)'

Anything indicating an egress by Hailey.

I can't find one, and it's bugging me.

TIA :blowkiss:

I've been looking for something, and haven't been able to find it. I hope someone can help. :)

I'm looking for a description of Hailey's last sighting by Shawn that is complete - that is, that starts with 'she said she was going to her dad's, then to MB's, then she', and finishes the story until she actually exits the house.

For example, '... then to MB's,... then she waved good-bye and walked out the door', or '... then to MB's,... then she walked in the other room, and I heard the front door open and close. I didn't see her again (or and then Shawn said he didn't see her again.)'

Never seen anything similar---that's been bugging me also---I've searched every website and article I could find and...nada!

LE is claiming they tried and were turned down 3 times on an Amber Alert. Do you think you, as media, would have enough clout to look into that and see if it's true or false?

http://www.aolnews.com/2011/01/05/teenage-cheerleader-hailey-dunn-disappears-in-small-texas-town/

Colorado City Police Chief John Bivins said his department has made three requests for an Amber Alert for Hailey Dunn, but all have been denied.

Colorado City (Texas) PD - January 5, 2011
Hailey Dunn, 13, has been missing for more than a week, but the police chief in Colorado City, Texas, has been unsuccessful in getting an Amber Alert issued.
"In each of the three requests, we've been told that there is not enough information currently available about Hailey's disappearance to issue an Amber Alert," Bivins said in statement. "The minimum standard for creating an Amber Alert is knowledge of a suspect, a description of a vehicle involved in an abduction, and/or a route and direction of travel."

What in God's name has this poor little 13 year old girl done that she is being accused of lying and hiding things in the investigation of the disappearance of her friend?

For the love of God.

Between the bashing of her, and the bashing of the poor little 7 year old boy, well, I just don't know what to say.

We have a NAMED SUSPECT - Shawn Adkins. Have people found evidence on their own indicating this 13 year old girl and the 7 year old boy were his accomplices? Because I know there sure as heck has not been a single blessed thing like that in a single MSM article.

The bashing and finger pointing at innocent adults, particularly Clint, the father and a victim in this case, is bad enough, but when it's done to children, over and over and over again, it gets to a point where I just can't stand it.

Exactly...... why are we talking about a minor?

I cheated. I happened to be looking up the dogs and had the windows open anyway. :floorlaugh:

I haven't been able to find detailed information about what SA claims was going on that day, just his statement about Hailey leaving. Details are desperately lacking all the way around.

Below is the link to the 2 interviews with Priscilla Luong before SA was named a suspect. He talks about what Hailey was doing and what she said when she allegedly left the house on 12/27. Hope this helps!!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aa6HA56CRkY[/ame] - paste in your browser

I believe she cares so deeply about trying to resurrect these discounted sightings for her own sake, not SA's.

As for SA, no matter what, he is reported as the last person seeing Hailey under all scenarios. By his own admission (which I think is false) he saw her 12/27 at 3:15.

Now, if it's proven that his statement about that was a lie and since none of the 12/27 sightings checked out (and the FBI knows how to investigate such claims thoroughly), Billie is back on the hot seat herself as the only confirmed sighting of Hailey is 12/26 p.m. by DD, when he left Hailey with Billie and SA.

Complicity and self preservation. If one goes down, the other is going down too.

JM0

Exactly. BD doesn't want the last verified sighting to be DD. She wants to make sure the last verified sighting was while she was at Werk.

It would be very telling, I believe, if Hailey did not make any calls or texts from sometime on Sunday on...and especially if the 2pm Monday text is determined to have been made from outside of CC. Something like this could account for the issues with electronics not matching up, or however LE put that.
(BBM)
IMO, only if there were missed incoming calls as well. If nobody called or texted her either, it's less suspicious.

Although law enforcement tells Dunn they are looking into all leads, she feels they’re “too focused on Shawn. There are places you can make Shawn fit and lots you can’t. I know he loves Hailey and DD. Not like I do, but he does.”

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/...om-clings-hope

BBM:
Places you can MAKE Shawn fit?? why not say Places he does fit....

and Lots of places where SA doesn't fit?

I cant seem to find "ONE" confirmed time where SA doesn't fit...

SA actions and his unaccounted times are what makes him fit ...unless there is a confirmed sighting of Hailey Monday Night or on Tuesday I don't see what Billie means...

He was the last to see Hailey and had time...Monday morning and afternoon till the time he picked Billie up and then again Tuesday....

We don't make it happen either.... SA does that.... no alibis and bizarre actions during this time seem suspicious as heck

Stupid question not meant to accuse anyone (think maybe the answer is on here and I just missed it):
Is it known that SA and BD didn't trade cells the day Hailey disappeared?
TIA

Yes, LE knows everywhere SA's phone pinged that day and he's admitted to all of the places except being back in Colorado city before going to Big Spring. BD was at work in Snyder that day and LE hasn't released any info on where her phone was pinging from. So we don't know for a fact if her phone was with her in Snyder or in Colorado City with Hailey, only LE knows (and BD of course).

Has it been confirmed who the "six or seven-year-old boy" is? Surely there is more than 1 "six or seven-year-old boy" and more than 1 "African American boy approximately 7 years old" in Colorado City??? If so, have we been given the "ok" by a mod to discuss this minor's whereabouts or potential whereabouts?

Absent this confirmation, I think it's careless to assume the identify of this child. Moreover, I can't imagine why anyone is discussing the unidentified minor's potential association with HD, here at WS, as my understanding of the TOS are that we NEVER sleuth minors and unless there is a report somewhere confirming who this little boy was, that has been missed---because I certainly haven't seen it linked to any of the related posts in this thread---then how in the world is anyone discussing his potential whereabouts; (i.e., not "parents"...with "parents", etc)??

Color me confused...:waitasec:

If someone has a link confirming who this child was, can you post it please? because according to the MSM articles I've seen, the 3 I've linked have the most information relevant to description and possible identity.

She said she saw Hailey walk past her beauty salon on 19th Street in Colorado City countless times. However, on December 27th, she claims she saw Hailey walking with a six or seven-year-old boy she didn't recognize.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=332696

Earlier this week, KRBC's Jessica Reyes interviewed a witness who believes she saw Hailey walking with a small boy on the morning of her disappearance. According to the witness, it was an African American boy approximately 7 years old.

It now appears that child could be the son of Clint Dunn's girlfriend.

Billie Dunn confirmed Clint's girlfriend has a son that matches this description. Pete Kampfer says he has heard that as well but hasn't received confirmation from law enforcement. Kampfer previously told bigcountryhomepage.com the child has been questioned by authorities.
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=333716

Special Report: Find Hailey Dunn, 4 Weeks Later (video)
http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=334666

Yes, LE knows everywhere SA's phone pinged that day and he's admitted to all of the places except being back in Colorado city before going to Big Spring. BD was at work in Snyder that day and LE hasn't released any info on where her phone was pinging from. So we don't know for a fact if her phone was with her in Snyder or in Colorado City with Hailey, only LE knows (and BD of course).

bbm

Actually, I'm not sure if we know that or not. I think LE is probably withholding some info and only releasing what they needed in order to get the search warrants. JMHO

i thought the other supposed sighting was from a dollar store customer with a receipt??? manicure? im so confused....

I am so sorry. I said "IF" the receipt was for something like a manicure. The operative word being IF.
czgtz used a strange (to me) phrase... to the effect that the witness had a dated receipt from what she had been doing. She didn't say a receipt from a store, much less the dollar store. And her wording made it sound more like she'd been at a service business than a retail store.

Optometrist, hairdresser, manicurist, maybe paying dues at a gym? Even donating things to a charity. These are possibilities, nothing more.

Not surprisingly, I do not believe SA has ever spoken with any media source regarding the events of that day. Only to tell them how much he loves and misses HD.

MOO

bbm

Actually, I'm not sure if we know that or not. I think LE is probably withholding some info and only releasing what they needed in order to get the search warrants. JMHO

That's true, SA may have admitted to returning to Colorado City and we just don't know about it. Good point!

This is all my opinion:

After everything we have learned and not learned, I beleive that HD was taken out of her home sometime between 6:30 and 7:00am that morning.

I think that DD left the house around 9pm and afterwards BD and SA hung out for a time. We know from the affidavits that BD admitted to buying drugs on 12/27, but what if they had some remaining on the 26th? Perhaps they partied for awhile and then BD went to bed, knowing she had work the next day. SA is left alone to do whatever. Perhaps he never went to bed, chatted with buddies, watched movies, etc...
The next morning he has either been up all night, wired, doesn't feel like going to work, but decides to put in an appearance. BD gets up and is tired as well. She goes to work, but maybe she never does check on HD. It doesn't really matter if she was alive then. She heads to work. SA realizes he doesn't want to be at work, so he takes a glance at the boss and grabs a soda, and leaves.
When he gets home he realizes that he is alone with HD and decides to live out a fantasy. She is startled and puts up a struggle. He knocks her out and takes her to another location, where he kills her, somewhere he feels comfortable, maybe where those cameras were, with the missing film cards, and disposes of the body. He then proceeds to his mother's where he makes some calls and tries to get composed, act normal, check the computer, etc...
He heads home and arrives there about 3:15. He spends a little time trying to clean up the bedroom. If she wasn't killed there though, there may not be that bad of a mess, evidence to worry about. SA is exhausted at this point, having been up for many hours. He had locked the door to clean up, so noone would interrupt him, but now he's just pooped and falls into a deep, but brief sleep. He is awakened, startled at 4pm by DD because they are not even used to locking their doors. He needs to compose himself, so he has that "deer in the headlights" look. After that is handled he settles down, and heads out to get BD and have another night of fun times, buying drugs, etc...
The next day he continues the charade of having a job to go, maybe even did go there where he was let go for his actions the previous day. We've heard that he was not fired on the 27th because up until then he was a good employee. Maybe he was fired on the 28th? Or maybe he never went back. He proceeds to revisit everything one more time, HD's place of disposal, etc... and then returns once more, ready to act out a new role, the worried boyfriend.
I think that BD didn't have anything to do with it. I think she is definitely still in love with SA and wants to beleive in him more than anything. I do beleive that if he is never arrested, she will get back together with him.

I think two pieces of evidence are crucial that we don't know:

1. Where did that 2pm cell phone call ping from? They still won't tell us.

2. They don't beleive any of the 12/27 citings.

When I heard about all the masks, horror movies, etc..I was disturbed, but did not think that that meant he was a murderer, just that he has "interesting" hobbies. It's the evidence though - it all points to him.

BBM you know we havent heard about a time line of what SA was doing on the 28hth that I can remember.....hmmmm

I thought LE ruled out ALL sitings on the 27th? Is there a reason we should not believe LE, Rangers & the FBI do not know how to investigate? Sorry, personally I am just not understanding why this is still an issue.

by bessie:
An easy way to determine an "eyewitness" may not be accurate (besides the fact that eyewitnesses--especially after the fact-- are RARELY accurate):

"I saw her walking down the street on Monday. She had on a blue hoodie and shorts."

Video cam catches her at the dollar store with a blue hoodie and shorts on SUNDAY. Hoodie and shorts found in bedroom.

Speaking for myself, I'd like to know the basis upon which each of the reported sightings was rejected.

If we knew that (FOR INSTANCE) Jean's appointment book ultimately showed that she had moved the Alzheimers' patient's hair appointment to Sunday from Monday due to another commitment, that the little boy said he was with Hailey that day and they went up in a rocketship, or that phone records clearly show that no 30 minute call was made from that phone that day at noon, it would put an end to the speculation about WHY these sightings have been discounted. Or, as bessie suggested, that the clothing she is described as wearing somehow excludes the possibility that Hailey was seen Monday.

Purely speculative examples provided for illustrative purposes only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28