TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also...I have to force all of my kids to keep sheets and blankets and even pillow cases on their bed. They would happily roll up into a comforter on a bare mattress if I let them. Maybe it's a generational thing. Drives me crazy, lol.

~rsbm~

My kids are the same way. My son says he likes how it feels cooler and smoother. Maybe I need to invest in better sheets? It drives me nuts too!

Finally caught up from about 9:30 last night.

So first off, here is the map...
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=U...0.104456&t=h&z=14&iwloc=0004992e39a7c915091bd

I added the landfill and the route form Snyder (SA's former employer) to Big Spring (SA's parents' residence)

Someone mentioned thinking that SA hasn't lawyered up because he does not have much financial means. While I may be wrong, I think, just basing this on the size of his parents' house, I think his parents have money. Since he appears to have a relationship with his parents, as in he is reported to have gone there after he left work on the 27th, I can't imagine a parents not doing whatever they could for their son. But as I said, this is just speculation on my part.

The video showing investigators in the shed was definitely shot from behind the house at 1804 Chestnut (Billie's house), as many of the same indicators, such as carport type structure/porch awning coming off the back of the house and down trees are identical to that in the Google Street View photos.

The privacy fence that people are questioning only goes from the left side of the house, as you are facing the front of the house and back, so only blocking 2 sides of the backyard. The 2 open sides are the side that runs parallel to 18th Street and the back, which runs along the alley way. The shed in question can be seen vaguely in Google Street View.

Thank you, the Landfill is actually on the opposite side of 208.

It is scary if we have to go down that road with SA, as far as, searching is concerned.

In the room is that a TV entertainment center without the TV???
The room is arranged oddly, but then it's just me.........my teens were messy but
I did the furniture arranging, helped decorate (to their tastes of posters etc)
They had pillows and bean bags.........aging myself.

If you look at the other pictures from that site, the tv is sitting on a desk. Looks like a newer model, too rectangular to fit in the old entertainment center.

The room is arranged oddly, but then it's just me.........my teens were messy but

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that this family has much financial means and are probably making due with what they have. Maybe the family got a new entertainment center and they decided to put the old one to use in Hailey's room. My brother used to use an old presswood entertainment center as a book case and it didn't have a tv in it. I didn't find that odd.

My kids' rooms have bean bags and large pillows :) and they are little :)

I do agree about the sheets though, my kids are 9 and under and constantly take the sheets and blankets off to make tents, clubhouses etc... and i don't always make them put them back on before bed.. LOLI'm usually lucky to get them to bed...
Also the messiness of the room looks like a normal teenage room... but i agree it could have been tossed already by LE

~rsbm~

My kids are the same way. My son says he likes how it feels cooler and smoother. Maybe I need to invest in better sheets? It drives me nuts too!

Gerneration X... my daughter has the nice 8oo count and loves them but, will not sleep with a sheet on top of her.

I could be wrong, but I do not believe that this family has much financial means and are probably making due with what they have. Maybe the family got a new entertainment center and they decided to put the old one to use in Hailey's room. My brother used to use an old presswood entertainment center as a book case and it didn't have a tv in it. I didn't find that odd.

Me either... there are so many empty ones sitting in peoples homes taking up space or with the flat screens sitting on top because they don't fit where the tube tvs did. Notice she does have a nice flat screen in there.

My kids' rooms have bean bags and large pillows :) and they are little :)

I do agree about the sheets though, my kids are 9 and under and constantly take the sheets and blankets off to make tents, clubhouses etc... and i don't always make them put them back on before bed.. LOLI'm usually lucky to get them to bed...
Also the messiness of the room looks like a normal teenage room... but i agree it could have been tossed already by LE

yes the messy room is typical at that age.
But at first glance of the picture, I get an unhappy feel for the room, even though it is sunny and pink. Jst me.........

Here are some of my own questions...

Who is conducting the polys, and what are there credentials?

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

This case is really being handled - as far as LE not telling them anything - the same way most are. Unless they are 100% sure a family member is not involved, they won't tell them much. And as for the failed poly, I can't remember a case where they were later cleared, I'm sure there is some though. But it's not the Norm.

I have five teenagers. None of them will sleep under a sheet. They will keep the fitted one on but the flat sheet is left bunched up at the foot of the bed. As for the messy room. 4 out of 5 of my teens would prefer to live in a room decorated by tornado than pick up after themselves. It drives me and my OCD up a wall.

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

It sounds like you are doubting a failed poly result. Is that because someone close is questioning a failed poly? And you do not have to answer that!

I don't have any specific cases to point to, but I've also seen guilty people pass poly's and be cleared by LE only to find out they were the person responsible. A sociopath should have no problem passing a poly.

Poly's can make a great investigative tool, but it's definitely not an end all. I always find it interesting when people refuse to take a poly.

LOL Mechelle, thanks for the glimpse into my future :)

My son (17) won't sleep with a top sheet and if there were no sheets on the bed, he would just lay down and throw a comforter on top of him..drives me crazy. I suppose depending on when this photo of the room was taken that the sheets could have been taken by LE for testing, which turns my stomach.

How are you holding up czgtz ???
I worry about you, the family and friends.........
I pray I am never in your shoes.

10511room2.jpg

I hadn't seen those photos of Hailey's room. I wonder where they were pulled from. Is this Hailey's room at Billie's house or Clint's house? I assume Billie's but it doesn't say. A couple of things struck me...

1 ~ the mattress on the floor, is it common for kids to not have their mattress on a bed frame? I am so anal about things like that that I find it a bit odd, though it may not be to many

2 ~ the color of the room, it reminded me of Zahra and the color of her room, when I saw it, I was struck with sadness for both sweet girls

I don't get the mattress on the floor either.

I'm frustrated this morning that nothing seems any clearer than.... well, mud.

Also Sarx ... if you can.... it was questioned on NG and here yesterday...
Can a trailing dog distinguish a trail over a route that was frequently taken by the person and indicate if that trail was either 4 or 5 days old?
As Hailey walked to her dads frequently and we know she had walked there the day before she went missing I am not sure a dog could tell the difference? I think that seems to stretch their capabilities a bit even if the dog were the best trained trailing dog?

Bellyup- if you'll check thread #4 starting around 9pm or so last night, Sarx answered a lot of questions re: Sar dogs

the pics look like they came from a newscast video almost.....

Me either... there are so many empty ones sitting in peoples homes taking up space or with the flat screens sitting on top because they don't fit where the tube tvs did. Notice she does have a nice flat screen in there.

I guess I need better glasses, I don't see a TV.

Some Texas DPS officers are trained to give polygraphs, as are the FBI.

Here's the basics for polygraphs:
http://people.howstuffworks.com/lie-detector.htm

Polygraph examinations are designed to look for significant involuntary responses going on in a person's body when that person is subjected to stress, such as the stress associated with deception. The exams are not able to specifically detect if a person is lying, according to polygrapher Dr. Bob Lee, former executive director of operations at Axciton Systems, a manufacturer of polygraph instruments. But there are certain physiological responses that most of us undergo when attempting to deceive another person. By asking questions about a particular issue under investigation and examining a subject's* physiological reactions to those questions, a polygraph examiner can determine if deceptive behavior is being demonstrated. * *

In my experience, as a rule LE does not release the results of polygraphs, perhaps because they are not admissable in court.

Also, an important point on polys: all questions that will be asked during the examination are thoroughly gone over before the test is ever administered. So it's not like they spring surprise questions on them.

Hope this helps a little

Why doesn't the poor child have a proper bed??
all my children have a box spring and frame, although a lot came form freecycle and aren't the prettiest :( that makes me sad for her :(

Isn't it fun how we are all different?? I never liked bedframes cause they squeak, need dusting, and just seemed like an added expense that didn't make much sense to me...so I always preferred my boxsprings and mattress set on the floor. So, that was the way all the beds in the house were for 20 years. The mattress set often stays in better condition because of the support of the floor and, kids can't hide the mess in their room under their beds! Back in the days of "no central heat" having a bed up high kept you warmer...I'm not sure that's an issue as much these days. (heck, some bedframes used to be so high up one needed a stepstool to climb up into them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx