TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the quick replies, and the concern.

I did not mean to imply that the case is being mishandled now. I do not mean to imply anything at all. I am only saying that many people are really upset at how the case was first handled, and not much was done IMO.

As far as my question about the failed polys, I have no idea about them. I do wonder if everyone passed with flying colors, or if it took a couple of tries.

I want to know why the shed wasn't searched sooner - if anything there is a clue to what has happened to Hailey, then I shudder to think about it. But I agree with many who have said that it could have just been a hang out.

Here are some of my own questions...

Who is conducting the polys, and what are there credentials?

Why, if polys are inadmissable in court, are so much stock put into them? It seems to me that if they were so sure-fire, they would be admissable. As for the accuracy%, well, who knows for sure.

Who all has taken the polys, and how many of them failed? Who failed and then got to retest. How many retests were given before a passing result was accepted?

Why will LE not release any info? It seems like they are not even telling the family much.
I would understand being tight lipped about a possible suspect, but they also haven't cleared anyone. In MOO, it is because they are grasping at straws, and doing anything they can to take the focus of the public's outcry over their possible mishandling of the case and direct it ANYWHERE else.

Also, any of you out there with knowledge of other cases - how many other cases are there out there that are similar to this one in regards to failed/supposedly failed polys by people who were later cleared?

Ever since the polygraph of Mark Lunsford's mom....I lost all faith in them.

"A statement issued earlier Tuesday by the sheriff said that "red flags" were raised in an FBI polygraph test given March 4 to the girl's grandmother, Ruth Lunsford, regarding two of her responses. But investigators were unable to determine what, if anything, she might know about Jessica's disappearance, the sheriff said.

"I'm not sure it wasn't stress-induced," Dawsy said. "We have totally not been able to rectify one of the answers she gave or why we got this type of response."

He declined to elaborate"

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/03/16/national/main680447.shtml

we all know how that one ended.

"A statement issued earlier Tuesday by the sheriff said that "red flags" were raised in an FBI polygraph test given March 4 to the girl's grandmother, Ruth Lunsford, regarding two of her responses. But investigators were unable to determine what, if anything, she might know about Jessica's disappearance, the sheriff said.

"I'm not sure it wasn't stress-induced," Dawsy said. "We have totally not been able to rectify one of the answers she gave or why we got this type of response."

This is a great example.

Have we found out for sure there was a search warrant? Last track I had there was confusion over that as well.

I will throw my rambling 2 cents in on this though...just a response about the financial situation, not that it matters a hill of beans whether they are dirt poor or flaming rich...but I know when my daughter was a school cheerleader a few years ago, it is not a cheap adventure. It was about a $500 + expense per year. And that was for jr. high. Just throwing that out there.

I hope that she is found safely. Can't say that I get good vibes from some people, but then again, I have been wrong more than once.

lol Me too cause I don't see it either!

I went to the album that the pic posted upthread came from. There is a shot from a different angle that shows a flat screen TV that resembles a flat screen computer monitor.

Thank you. I did read the article, but I have no previous knowledge of that case.

I do believe that stress can influence a response, whether or not the person knows what is going to be asked of them.

I did not mean to imply that the case is being mishandled now. I do not mean to imply anything at all. I am only saying that many people are really upset at how the case was first handled, and not much was done IMO.

As far as my question about the failed polys, I have no idea about them. I do wonder if everyone passed with flying colors, or if it took a couple of tries.

I want to know why the shed wasn't searched sooner - if anything there is a clue to what has happened to Hailey, then I shudder to think about it. But I agree with many who have said that it could have just been a hang out.
Isn't there a tree house in the back yard?? As I passed by there I thought I seen one

Isn't there a tree house in the back yard?? As I passed by there I thought I seen one

Members of a joint law enforcement task force are still pursuing information concerning the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, Texas as police officers follow another lead this morning.

another snip~

Last Friday, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units searched the northwest portion of town, near the girl's home with three bloodhounds, according to Warden Matt Kennolly.

A later search was conducted at the Snyder landfill.

more at link...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead

My son (17) won't sleep with a top sheet and if there were no sheets on the bed, he would just lay down and throw a comforter on top of him..drives me crazy. I suppose depending on when this photo of the room was taken that the sheets could have been taken by LE for testing, which turns my stomach.

That room reminds me of my childrens rooms when they were growing up. Not going to say mine looked any better with clothes piled on the bed so high I had to sleep on the couch (without a sheet). Oh, and I am talking about when my kids were growing up.

On special occasions we would drag a mattress off of a bed and put it in front of the fireplace/tv... watch movies... eat popcorn ... and snuggle together as we fell asleep. Those were special nights that I hold dear to my heart. We need to help Colorado City bring Hayley home this is heartbreaking my daughters both wore that cheerleading uniform. Please, tell me what can I do.

Hopefully, LE did take those sheets and cover all the bases. And I do hope Billie gets on NG tonight and LE hasn't persuaded her not to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizz28