TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
My internet was down for 12 hours and I just got it back, and thought for sure the issue of the polygraph would be cleared up by now. I'm wondering if he had an inconclusive result the first time, if indeed he took one. The only person I can think of who had to keep taking LD's and later was cleared only by a confession from another was Amber's step-dad.

Thank you Amster!

FWIW it looks just like the living room TV we have and we got it for cheap at walmart (cheap for a flat screen anyway) $120 on sale.

Not without a witness, tangable evidence etc...

Zarah's "father" is still walking around!

We don't know what evidence they have or don't have. And....The Texas Rangers are on this case! Don't Mess With Texas!! lol

Thank you. I did read the article, but I have no previous knowledge of that case.

I do believe that stress can influence a response, whether or not the person knows what is going to be asked of them.

BBM

be thankful and don't go looking for the outcome. It was horrid & very tragic.....

Someone had posted a still shot from the NG show with SA in it in one of the past threads...could you please repost it?

For those of you are not familiar with the area, it is very economically despressed. Very few people are not struggling in one way or another. Of course you always have the lucky few who continue to do well, but not many.

I remember from around Thanksgiving or Christmas time.... it was in the local paper that around 1000 of the 4000 families living in Mitchell County signed up for help at the local mission.

Members of a joint law enforcement task force are still pursuing information concerning the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, Texas as police officers follow another lead this morning.

another snip~

Last Friday, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units searched the northwest portion of town, near the girl's home with three bloodhounds, according to Warden Matt Kennolly.

A later search was conducted at the Snyder landfill.

more at link...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead

Wow...a lot going on and has gone on that we don't know about.

Thanks for all the quick replies, and the concern.

I did not mean to imply that the case is being mishandled now. I do not mean to imply anything at all. I am only saying that many people are really upset at how the case was first handled, and not much was done IMO.

As far as my question about the failed polys, I have no idea about them. I do wonder if everyone passed with flying colors, or if it took a couple of tries.

I want to know why the shed wasn't searched sooner - if anything there is a clue to what has happened to Hailey, then I shudder to think about it. But I agree with many who have said that it could have just been a hang out.
I don't think people taking polys get several tries at them until they pass. They take one and either pass or don't pass. The results are used to give LE indications in which direction to investigate. For example, the person taking the test shows no deception, so LE's shifts focus to someone else, or, the person taking the test showed deception when asked if they saw a missing person after 3:00 and also showed deception when asked if they were driving near a lake that day, so LE begins to search near the lake in question for the missing person.

In some cases, a test can be 'inconclusive', and usually this happens when LE thinks the person taking the test is under an extreme amount of stress due to the circumstances of the investigation. For example, in the case in Baltimore I'm following, suppose the older sister were given a test and because she feels guilty that her little sister disappeared while visiting her the test results were skewed...because the the test measures physical responses to questions (heart rate, etc.), someone innocent but feeling guilt/stress could have an elevated heart rate during certain questions. I've followed cases were someone with an inconclusive result was allowed to take more than one poly.

I'm not an expert, this is just from the cases I've followed. But I don't think I've ever heard of LE giving a test again and again until someone passes it.

Can someone explain this to me PLEASE......it's frustrating to me!!

"The Colorado City Police Department tried to issue an Amber Alert three times, but with no evidence of an abduction, Hailey's case failed to meet the criteria, according to Pete Kampfer, City Manager of Colorado City

"Of course as soon as we get that evidence, and get closer to that, on issuance of an Amber Alert, we're going to be right on top of it," Kampfer said, speaking on behalf of the CCPD."

WHY have they 'tried 3 times' to get an Amber Alert issued when they KNOW they don't meet the criteria?? Why waste time with that. Further, why didn't they already know the criteria for issuing an Amber Alert? Finally, why would they get 'right on top of (issuing the Amber Alert)'' more than a week after Hailey is missing when the point of the Amber Alert is to get word out QUICKLY, within hours of the child missing. Not that I would turn down an Amber Alert, but Hailey could literally be anywhere in the world at this point.

So...wonder what the new lead is and where the search is, today? It's frustrating not knowing what's going on....wish we could figure out a scanner link.

Members of a joint law enforcement task force are still pursuing information concerning the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn of Colorado City, Texas as police officers follow another lead this morning.

another snip~

Last Friday, the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Wallace/Ware units searched the northwest portion of town, near the girl's home with three bloodhounds, according to Warden Matt Kennolly.

A later search was conducted at the Snyder landfill.

more at link...

http://www.ccitynews.net/news/story/2011/01/police-follow-new-lead

So...wonder what the new lead is and where the search is, today? It's frustrating not knowing what's going on....wish we could figure out a scanner link.

If you read the Find Hailey FB page, there was a 'Snyder' rumor posted last night. As far as most folks were concerned, it was a rumor that needed to be reported to LE just in case. So the person did call it in to LE...

What was the day before Haileys disappearance like?
Do we have any details about Christmas and the 26th.I was thinking of a mysterious gift? a 'special' call?
What was SA like toward mom and daughter.

CD and Billie didn't say their daughter received a mysterious gift or special call during the holidays when they were on NG.

Hailey's father told NG his daughter spent Xmas and Boxing Day with him and his family and that was it.

snip

CLINT DUNN: Yes. She spent the night with me Christmas night.

GRACE: So Saturday night, she spent the night with you?

CLINT DUNN: Yes. And Sunday, she was there at the house with me.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1101/04/ng.01.html

I haven't heard anything about SA relationship with BD, but Hailey's friend who appeared in the video said Hailey was afraid of Atkins.

http://www.kcbd.com/Global/story.asp?S=13779246

I found this comment by CD interesting.....

snip

Clint Dunn said he does not believe family members are involved in this case.

He said he believes the person responsible is not nearby, and that as soon as he gets his vehicle running, he will hit the interstate to look for Hailey himself.

http://m.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/05/search-evidence-continues-missing-colorado-city-te/

I don't think people taking polys get several tries at them until they pass. They take one and either pass or don't pass. The results are used to give LE indications in which direction to investigate. For example, the person taking the test shows no deception, so LE's shifts focus to someone else, or, the person taking the test showed deception when asked if they saw a missing person after 3:00 and also showed deception when asked if they were driving near a lake that day, so LE begins to search near the lake in question for the missing person.

In some cases, a test can be 'inconclusive', and usually this happens when LE thinks the person taking the test is under an extreme amount of stress due to the circumstances of the investigation. For example, in the case in Baltimore I'm following, suppose the older sister were given a test and because she feels guilty that her little sister disappeared while visiting her the test results were skewed...because the the test measures physical responses to questions (heart rate, etc.), someone innocent but feeling guilt/stress could have an elevated heart rate during certain questions. I've followed cases were someone with an inconclusive result was allowed to take more than one poly.

I'm not an expert, this is just from the cases I've followed. But I don't think I've ever heard of LE giving a test again and again until someone passes it.

Yes, that was my impression also until Hailey went missing.....

I don't know about a tree house. I always go to Billie's by the same route, and park in front. The last time I was in the backyard was years ago while Clint and Billie were still together.

I'm frustrated this morning that nothing seems any clearer than.... well, mud.

Right now my thoughts are on DD. Why is he talking to media? Is he staying alone at BD's house or is he staying with CD ? Someone needs to protect him from media (or anyone else who might wish to question or harm him) .... even at 16 he is still a child and doesn't know what to say or what not to say to specific people IMO. It has to be a very hard situation for him to be in.

Have there been any interviews with CD that I missed ? ? I know he's been beside BD most of the time, but i haven't heard him speak. Was he at work on the day Hailey went missing?

Also Sarx ... if you can.... it was questioned on NG and here yesterday...
Can a trailing dog distinguish a trail over a route that was frequently taken by the person and indicate if that trail was either 4 or 5 days old?
As Hailey walked to her dads frequently and we know she had walked there the day before she went missing I am not sure a dog could tell the difference? I think that seems to stretch their capabilities a bit even if the dog were the best trained trailing dog?

I'm frustrated too. This case is really getting to me. I've cried for that poor little sweet girl. I have a 13 year old Haylee at home and cannot even think about anything ever happening to her. My prayers are going out for Hailey and for all her loved ones.

Can someone explain this to me PLEASE......it's frustrating to me!!

"The Colorado City Police Department tried to issue an Amber Alert three times, but with no evidence of an abduction, Hailey's case failed to meet the criteria, according to Pete Kampfer, City Manager of Colorado City

"Of course as soon as we get that evidence, and get closer to that, on issuance of an Amber Alert, we're going to be right on top of it," Kampfer said, speaking on behalf of the CCPD."

WHY have they 'tried 3 times' to get an Amber Alert issued when they KNOW they don't meet the criteria?? Why waste time with that. Further, why didn't they already know the criteria for issuing an Amber Alert? Finally, why would they get 'right on top of (issuing the Amber Alert)'' more than a week after Hailey is missing when the point of the Amber Alert is to get word out QUICKLY, within hours of the child missing. Not that I would turn down an Amber Alert, but Hailey could literally be anywhere in the world at this point.
I cannot explain it but am equally frustrated... it just seems that in general LE does not understand the criteria of its' issuance.

I think, though, that over and over we see the need for a different type of "endangered missing child" alert that is national and that has different criterion.

MOO

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=328456

okay media took pictures and in video the room is larger and is prettier and there is a TV.
I also wonder if the bench over by window covered with stuff is the wooden bedframe.
I have seen those.

It looks like the frame to a 'platform' bed..The mattress seems a bit out of place to me..I'd put it some where else but that's not a biggie..I do wonder where the sheet AND blankets are tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx