TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
amw to touch on the Hailey case tonight...

Missing Child Hailey Dunn’s information will be shared.

In most cases, LE does not approve of family members, especially parents, to search, because if they did find a body they could destroy important evidence. It's possible that they have advised her not to search. LE often advises not to, even though they can't legally stop them if they insist.

That's my understanding as well, that LE advises parents not to do the physical searches.

Also that if there any search organizations involved, they frequently advise the parents not to actually go out in the field, although they do encourage them to get involved with the searchers, meeting with them, arranging for food and drink donations, giving them tshirts, bracelets, etc etc.

Here we are talking about this, and we don't even know if any rumors were spread, or if that's the reason people cited for not searching.

And actually, the news articles said that searchers were out, did they not?

Yep, right here!

Snow Doesn't Stop Hailey Dunn Seachers
A group of searchers, including Hailey Dunn's father, went out in the freezing weather on Thursday to look for her. They searched abandoned homes and barns and various areas of remote Mitchell County.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=338476

Doesn't say a word about rumors keeping searchers away. Sounds like it's the weather that was brutal.

And really, there have been rumors and gossip all along. I mean, dear God, I've seen atrocious things about Clint, and he's so crystal clean, LE didn't even make him take a poly!

Oh this is the one I was talking about they were searching even in the snow and yesterday in the cold doing the balloon release off the bridge.

I suppose it's as good as a direct quote if you want to believe she has been completely cleared by LE. But it's not the same thing.

This would hardly be the first instance of confusing or contradictory reporting in this case. Not by a longshot.

Whether the report says BD has been cleared, ruled out, is not a person of interest, not a suspect, etc. - she could still be arrested at any time, as could any of the players in this case.

Well... isn't that kind of what I said?

I am of the belief that LE is confident that Billie was at work all day on the day Hailey went missing, so she could not have been involved in her disappearance. Has to be some reason they cleared her as a POI.

do we know when Hailey really disappeared? :waitasec:

Well... isn't that kind of what I said?

I am of the belief that LE is confident that Billie was at work all day on the day Hailey went missing, so she could not have been involved in her disappearance. Has to be some reason they cleared her as a POI.

The problem is there is nothing whatsoever to say that whatever happened happened whilst Billie was at work. It could have happened any time once DD left the house to be honest.

Agreed. But as others have noted, it is quite possible that she could make sure flyers were passed out, put in important venues, visited the memorial bridge to thank the volunteers, serve them lunch...lots of ways to help that don't involve searching.

Oh, I agree! There are many things she could do, I'm not disputing that at all. I was only responding to the remark about ground searches not being approved.

==============================================
"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."

snipped..

Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."

These are kind of interesting statements, imo.

It is great to see discussion back and forth. Let's everyone remember to respect others when voicing content. Thanks.

This post lands at random and does not refer to any one or group of posters. :)

Does this mean everyone earned the PL thread discussion tonight?

QUOTE:
Formal volunteer search parties were put on hold Wednesday because of iced-over roads, but Dunn said some volunteers assured her they wouldn't let the weather slow them. Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."

And then there's this:

QUOTE:
"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/05/hailey-dunn-search-for-girl-changes-a-city/

Interesting................................................

keep on talking Billie

snipped..

Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

These are kind of interesting statements, imo.

I dont really understand the first statement to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member