TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #57

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is there is nothing whatsoever to say that whatever happened happened whilst Billie was at work. It could have happened any time once DD left the house to be honest.

That we know of anyway. LE could know some things that they have not released. Or they may just believe Billie is telling the truth and did see Hailey in her bed that morning. Obviously, there is some valid reason they no longer consider her even a POI, and she was never a suspect, AFAIK.

That we know of anyway. LE could know some things that they have not released. Or they may just believe Billie is telling the truth and did see Hailey in her bed that morning. Obviously, there is some valid reason they no longer consider her even a POI, and she was never a suspect, AFAIK.

But seeing her in her bed is another thing that changed. To start with she wasnt sure she DID see her in her bed even. And now she says the tv was on in that room but it was dark? well for sure when i go in bedrooms that have the tv on i can see the people very clearly because the tv lightens the room up so its hard to understand how she wouldnt notice if someone was in there or not.

MOO

That's really too bad and from the way I see it, maybe if Billie were more forthcoming with the truth, people might regain their respect for her and be more willing to get out and search for Hailey. Sadly, Billie Dunn has no one to blame but herself by continuing to lie and evade the truth. I guess the community feels if Hailey's own mother can't be troubled to get out and search then why should they?

~jmo~

God, I hope that this isn't true- that people won't search for a missing 13 year old girl if they don't like/respect/trust her mother and only search if her mother is out there searching too (even though police always ask them not to)? That'd be a wretched place to live.

==============================================
"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."

snipped..

Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."
==============================================

These are kind of interesting statements, imo.

snip
"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said.
very interesting!

snip
In Hailey Dunn's bedroom, her bed remains unmade, her cheerleading uniform thrown casually on her bureau and photos of her brother David on her wall. Dunn said she knows she should tidy up but can't bring herself to face the chore.

Did we not see picture where her room was neat and clean up by family member of Hailey:waitasec: And her cheerleading uniform was lay neatly on the bed?

Did they mess it up again:waitasec:

From Quiche's link.........

Sheriff Patrick Toombs, who has held that position in Mitchell County for more than 20 years, said fresh leads have slowed to 10 or fewer per day. One full-time officer is still assigned to the case.

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/05/hailey-dunn-search-for-girl-changes-a-city/

Only 10 tips per day, one FT LEO :(

We need to have a Tip Fest for Hailey. I'm going to call CCPD on Monday and see if they have an email address for tips for Hailey. I know NCMEC has one, but I'll see if CCPD has one too.

I dont really understand the first statement to be honest.

"I'm so envious when I see mothers with their daughters in stores, or during the searches," Dunn said from her living room Wednesday afternoon. "I've learned how lucky I am to be a mother."

===========================================

If you take her at her word, she is saying that she used to take motherhood for granted.
Now when she sees mom's with their daughters, out shopping or 'searching,' [cough,cough] she wishes she could share that experience with her own daughter.

"In the back of my mind, I think she could be at the house," she said. "I know it's good for me to leave the house, but I just don't."

So, in the back of her mind, her sub-conscious, she thinks Hailey could be at the house. Hmmmm....

God, I hope that this isn't true- that people won't search for a missing 13 year old girl if they don't like/respect/trust her mother and only search if her mother is out there searching too (even though police always ask them not to)? That'd be a wretched place to live.

Oh but there is one town I know of that not only stopped searching, they want the case to go away. aka the Lindsey Baum case.

QUOTE:
Formal volunteer search parties were put on hold Wednesday because of iced-over roads, but Dunn said some volunteers assured her they wouldn't let the weather slow them. Dunn said she rarely leaves the house.

And then there's this:

QUOTE:

http://www.gosanangelo.com/news/2011/feb/05/hailey-dunn-search-for-girl-changes-a-city/

Interesting................................................

keep on talking Billie

I am wondering what you see "interesting" about these statements. I am trying to understand- every time anything is printed that Billie says it seems that some think it is interesting, not right, etc. I really am trying to understand why she can not do ANYTHING right. If you do not want to answer that is fine,, Thanks.

That's my understanding as well, that LE advises parents not to do the physical searches.

Also that if there any search organizations involved, they frequently advise the parents not to actually go out in the field, although they do encourage them to get involved with the searchers, meeting with them, arranging for food and drink donations, giving them tshirts, bracelets, etc etc.

bbm~

and that helps in so many ways I believe..It helps the parent to feel useful..that they can do something to help find their child, because they don't need to be actually searching themselves. Clint, bless his heart..how horrible it would have been if he had found her and she was not 'safe and sound'..<shudders>..I don't think he could help himself from looking for her though, since he felt no one else was!

Being able to identify with family by actually seeing or meeting the parents of the person someone is searching for puts a personal touch on the face of Hailey for searchers..It lets them see WHY they are out there in such horrible conditions..when they are cold and tired...They see firsthand the parents grief and worry...that in itself can inspire the average person to dedicate longer hours..for a more extended period of time...Money couldn't even buy the kind of dedication to finding Hailey that Billie could just by making her presence and appreciation known. Surely someone would offer up the use of a camper or motor home in which she could be warm and comfortable..maybe in which to offer coffee, cocoa, water, refreshments, etc out of..And IMO it goes without saying, that the worst thing for most parents in this situation to do.. is to do nothing..for their own sanity, even if they have to force themselves up and out.

The only thing that I can see keeping this case in the public eye right now is Clint's heartbreaking interview and the mental image of he, NS and Haileys 3 month old sister on foot searching for her ..and Hailey's sweet face of course! What happened to I'll do interviews all day, every day? Do we really believe that there is not a media outlet that's willing? I don't!..not for a minute. People may not be reading or watching for the reasons that BD intended..but they are tuning in when she speaks..I have a hard time believing that if she calls any media outlet and tells them she would like to speak, that they would say..nah, we're not interested. No way..if for no other reason than ratings they would be there like white on rice IMO!

Children go missing everyday..many since Hailey disappeared. Those children deserve to be recognized as well..and sadly only a few will be. We already see it happening..Hailey's name is not being picked up nationally nearly as much as it was, I don't believe...and it's sure to fade quickly if BD doesn't step out from behind her door....unless...never mind..

I have one daughter that I love very much. If something happened to her I couldn't bear it. If she went missing (and she did one time) there is no way I would go out looking for her dead body.

Perhaps I'm in the minority. But I can speak from my own personal experience, because my daughter WAS kidnapped & almost murdered 3 1/2 years ago.

I have no doubt in my mind that if the police had not found her - I WOULD have set out on foot searching for her, because up until the time I was informed that she had been found alive, I was ready & waiting to head out - as were other family members.

I fully understand why family members don't go out & search, and I understand why LE doesn't want family members to search. I know it's not always possible, or advisable, or even allowed (for the sake of preserving possible evidence).

All I know is this: when my beloved daughter was in danger, there was nothing & no one in Heaven or Hell or on Earth that could have kept me from searching for her if the police had not found her that night. This is not a hypothetical situation for me. It was real, and it was a nightmare. I will be forever grateful to the LE officers who set out that night in search of her. I will be forever grateful that LE found her alive. My daughter's abductor was convicted and is currently serving his sentence.

My heart goes to each & every parent who has faced or who is now facing this horrendous circumstance.

I commend CD for doing all he has done & continues to do for his little girl. I feel a kindred spirit with him, and if I could - I'd be right there searching with him.

Oh but there is one town I know of that not only stopped searching, they want the case to go away. aka the Lindsey Baum case.

and the we have HaLeigh Cummings and 'the boat docks', 'I seen 3'.. and the ever changing details..just saying..Wonder how often there are searches for her anymore? There are many that wish THAT case would go away as well IMHO...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member