TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What bothers me the most is the flip flops, no sweater and left with NOTHING........
my grandkids that age have to have all their 'stuff'

Have we gotten definitive information regarding the flip flops? Were those the shoes she definitely left in?

Though in my mind, that doesn't bother me too much because, at that age and still now, when my stepdaughter would come for visits in the winter time, she would show up in flip flops and short sleeve shirts without a proper jacket. That is just how she prefers to roll. There have been times when we have had to go out and buy her shoes or we would have to borrow a jacket to ensure she was properly clothed if we went out. And we are in Northern VA. She would also show up without anything except the clothes on her back. She didn't have a cell phone at that age nor a music player.

The FB page set up for her says pink & white tennis shoes...I hope everyone who searches keeps an eye out for flip flops as well.

I do not know if getting info from an ipod is the same as from a computer, as far as tracking sites visited, etc? Does anyone know, and know which device she has?

And if it is at home, or with her??

Agreed. I grew up in a different time and place, but I started babysitting other people's children at age 11, both at my own home and others' homes. IMO, girls tend to be more mature and responsible in general at younger ages than boys do as well.

I started babysitting at that age too and now, as a parent of 2 preschoolers, but now I can't imagine leaving my kids with a child of that age. Overprotective much? LOL!

What bothers me the most is the flip flops, no sweater and left with NOTHING........
my grandkids that age have to have all their 'stuff'

Here in Texas, we wear flip-flops year round. In fact, my 16-year-old just bought a new pair the other day. She wears them every day. She rarely wears a jacket too. It rarely gets very cold.

Is a PC coming up? Someone is saying they saw it on twitter...on that bigcountry site.

I started babysitting at that age too and now, as a parent of 2 preschoolers, but now I can't imagine leaving my kids with a child of that age. Overprotective much? LOL!

I am the same way! No way I would leave my kids with an 11 year old--especially one who isn't related to them.

I am not trying to be critical really here but in a rush on the NG show to try to get everything in, NG sometimes rushes over the guest's answers.....ETA I think there is also a delay in the interview to what they are hearing asked....If the hosts on these shows would just slow down and wait just a tad for the guest to answer...if not they wind up talking over each other and lots of info comes out wrong....not being snarky here because we need this type of show to help get the word out....prayers for this Mom and Dad....how heartbreaking this is.

Here in Texas, we wear flip-flops year round. In fact, my 16-year-old just bought a new pair the other day. She wears them every day. She rarely wears a jacket too. It rarely gets very cold.

LOL Surfie.

This morning in chilly DFW, I'm sitting here in a warm-up suit and running the heater - wearing flip-flops. :)

I'm wondering how well they could trace her online activities if she did not have a computer and perhaps used internet at several different places. Maybe her ipod (or whatever it is she had) was left behind? In which case, that is strange enough, teens do not leave those behind, ever, do they?

BBM

I noticed on Hailey's Facebook page that she for the most part posts from a cell phone. Since she didn't have a cell phone (she used her mom's), I wonder if she usually posted things via her Mom's cell phone?? Or a friends??

I'm in Sweetwater, about 30 miles away, and all the flyers posted around here, as well as the newspaper say pink and white tennis shoes. It was mentioned here earlier though, that those shoes were found in her room. One of many details that was released wrong in the beginning that has continued to circulate throughout the week. MOO

I don't think it normal to not be in contact with your mother while their at work unless of course personal phone calls are discouraged. I have worked with people whose kids call all darn day.
The other issue I am having is whether the words reported are exactly what Hailey said. Many times especially why I am reading here, my daughter says something as shes walking out the door, and five minutes later I can't remember where she said she was going. If you are preoccupied you don't always hear exactly what they say. Maybe she actually said "i am going over to MB to see if I can sleep over". Who knows for sure........................

KTXS waiting for a PC, according to bigcountryhomepage.com
but no confirmation

If that's the case, bless her heart. Those are usually minimum-wage jobs. I imagine it would be pretty tough to raise 2 kids on that income (even with child support).

Especially when one's a cheerleader.

It's probably info about the search and whatnot. But hopefully it will be someone besides the City manager.

Ok. I visited the Find HD FB page and they had a poster for Shonda Townsend (who I have not been following). I am wondering if there could be a connection. Mineral Wells appears to be south of Witchita Falls from 281 to I-20 (just one plausible example). Heading west on I-20 takes you right past Colorado City. I know we have touched on the possibility of a trucking connection but this really freaked me out. Truck stops would TOTALLY have wi-fi. Is there a big tuck stop there (in Colorado City)? Has it been confirmed that she has her IPOD with her?

I'm going to look into Shonda's case and see if I am way off base. I think she went missing in July 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne