TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In a lot of cases LE might not want to have the type of search that TES might possibly bring, and that is for them to come in and ask for the masses of volunteers to search and canvas areas, etc. Sometimes it's better to keep the search(ers) down to specialty teams / searches where LE knows exactly who is searching and where, etc. Other times the above is what is needed for a search. Each case is different. However, I don't know what type of searches have been and are being performed with Hailey's case, nor who the searchers are and what their specialties are.

While i understand TES brings a large crowd and it may not be wanted but really...whats the diffrence from having thos searchers and his equipment and all the locals meeting at the dollar store to head out in the morning and asking for 4 wheelers and trucks ect??

I hope theres not muddy areas cause if the use those 4 wheelers the take a huge risk of destroying eveidence and pushing it under ground.

With that being said..I guess someones gotta search don't really care who just... BRING HAILEY HOME!

OK I am thinking that if BF IS guility...why didn't he say Hailey was already gone when he got there? They only have a 15-minute overlap anyway as far as his statement goes, I believe. And since no one else seems to have seen anything, he could have just said he never saw her. He wasn't expected to be there, so no one was watching the clock.

Maybe he was just covering his tracks in case someone did see him or the car at the house...

I would guess grandma...she lives in Dunn

and that's about 40 miles or minutes away? I forget. I know someone mapped and linked it.

If we knew if the Billies phone records corroborated the neighbors account of seeing Hailey around noon outside and talking on the phone, we can narrow down the timeline ALOT!

OK I am thinking that if BF IS guility...why didn't he say Hailey was already gone when he got there? They only have a 15-minute overlap anyway as far as his statement goes, I believe. And since no one else seems to have seen anything, he could have just said he never saw her. He wasn't expected to be there, so no one was watching the clock.

well IMO, he might want that time to cover his tracks.........
Hailey wasn't reported right away.
Where was SA the next day? He had no job.............

Sorry just got here, trying to play catch up. Looks like SA may have lawyered up, sorry if it has been posted already:

SNIPPED..............................................

It was just after 4:00pm that Jenkins discovered the knife-cover floating in the water.

The creek is less than a mile away from a residence where Shawn Adkins is staying at this time.

Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn.

Our CBS 7 crew visited the residence and knocked on the door to speak with Adkins.

A male came to the door and said "Our attorney has advised us to not speak with anyone. No comment".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23252

The article doesn't say it was x-box live.

An Xbox is like the computer in your home, Xbox Live is the service used to connect the Xbox to the internet, much like someone would use Aol, or NetZero to connect a computer to the internet. It ALLOWS you to use the internet while on the Xbox.

Hope that makes sense, it's a bit hard to explain in words LOL!

Maybe, if he IS guilty, he felt that he had to come up with some kind of answer involving a story of some sort, since saying that he had not seen her at all might have seemed to him like more of an "empty" answer that left people unsatisfied and asking more questions. Sometimes, when people lie, it seems like they overcompensate, rather than keeping it simple.

From the article:

It was just after 4:00pm that Jenkins discovered the knife-cover floating in the water.

The creek is less than a mile away from a residence where Shawn Adkins is staying at this time.

Adkins is the boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn.

Our CBS 7 crew visited the residence and knocked on the door to speak with Adkins.

A male came to the door and said "Our attorney has advised us to not speak with anyone. No comment".

http://www.cbs7kosa.com/news/details.asp?ID=23252

While i understand TES brings a large crowd and it may not be wanted but really...whats the diffrence from having thos searchers and his equipment and all the locals meeting at the dollar store to head out in the morning and asking for 4 wheelers and trucks ect??

I hope theres not muddy areas cause if the use those 4 wheelers the take a huge risk of destroying eveidence and pushing it under ground.

With that being said..I guess someones gotta search don't really care who just... BRING HAILEY HOME!

It really should be LE that makes the request for the search teams, not teams showing up (on their own or without a formal request) for many reasons, of which you happened to answer above. :) But understandably, "professionals" should make the request for professional searchers, or for TES to come in and bring in the masses.

I totally agree with you - Bring Hailey Home!

I, for one, would not be very suprised to find that SA had nothing to do with any of this. Unfortuately for him, he happens to be the most likely suspect.

Whatching the strain grow daily on this family is just heartbreaking. Poor Billie. Clint has a girlfiend to comfort him. Billie's comfort has been exiled.

You know, I have a lot of respect for these parents. If I had a missing daughter, I don't know that I could keep myself as composed as they have. I have an ex-husband. I don't know if we would be able to pull together, as Billie and Clint have. Or if we would waiste our energy on throwing blame back and forth.

That has been what is MSM. So... with that, if we remove the neighbor, who was the last person to see Hailey? Did Mom or brother her see her the morning of the 27th when she came home from her Dad's?

I wonder what happened to make SA quit his job first thing Monday AM? Had something already happened to Hailey? I know he told Billie at first that there was an argument and he was fired, but I have seen no reports of his coworkers saying anything about a disagreement. I believe that he just quit....so I ask my self; why go in to work at all? He could have dropped BO at her work and then gone home. He did not have to show up in person to just quit. Was it a spur of the moment decision? What could have happened after he dropped BO and before or as soon as he arrived at work; a phone call? Did he argue with BO before he dropped her off?

Did BO work all day Sunday? Did she see Hailey, awake and unharmed Sunday night? Could something bad have happened Hailey while BO slept Sunday night?

Mysticrose beat me to it. :crazy:

This sounds very bad.

No it doesn't IMO. Can you imagine if you were him and really had nothing to do w/ Hailey's disappearance? It's smart which ever way you look at it

Apologies to the poster who mentioned something upthread about LE not busting peeps for pot (wish I could remember who said that).

Anyway, just read this & it looks like LE isn't concerned with that so that's a good thing!

Dean said officers were told to look specifically for the missing teen, adding that authorities aren’t interested in illegal activities unrelated to Dunn’s disappearance.

“Part of finding Hailey is finding out where she is not,” Dean said.

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/jan/07/residents-authorities-searching-for-hailey/

She needs Gloria Allred!

People in Colorado City also have to be honest with LE about who was staying at their house when Hailey went missing. Think of Somer Thompson and Chelsea King...they both were murdered by men who were staying at their parents' homes. John Gardner, who killed Chelsea was an RSO who was registered but in another city. Jarred Harrell, who is sitting in jail awaiting trial on Somer's murder was staying at his mother's house after she and his step-dad had moved out. Someone like this might not be in Colorado City anymore. Locals should definitely think about anyone they saw that week, and it was the week after Christmas, who was just visiting or didn't normally live in Colorado City.

Mysticrose beat me to it. :crazy:

This sounds very bad.

My ex was a big outdoorsman/fly-fisherman and he always had those type of glasses to use while outside, and always had at least one type of knife on him (with some type of sheath or covering). He always tended to lose one or the other too. In a sense, it could be anyone's down there. In that area of Texas, I would guess a lot of people work in the oil fields, and a lot of them probably fish or hunt too.

It could mean something, or it could just as easily be a coincidence. IMO

Actually....thinking about this....he quits/gets fired that morning....says he went to his moms house....then to Billies house at 3. Why didn't he just say that nobody was home when he got there? That he didn't see Hailey? IF, if, if he is the perp....there has to be a reason he made up such an elaborate lie. Right? Maybe Hailey was on the phone when he got there and he knew the phone records could be checked?

Do any of you long-term WSers think it means anything that BD was offered a grief counselor, other than just to help her cope with the disappearance of Hailey. IDK, she is brought in for a statement, SA has lawyer, they find these "items" near the grandma of SA, and BD is then offered to see a grief counselor? Is this unusual? Not accusing anyone, but it seems really like LE may know a lot more than they are letting on at this point. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3