TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it odd...and actually had a nice little response typed out but suffice it to say, everyones emotions were on high speed yesterday, including mine...so I decided not to post it...but since you asked...:innocent:

1. Why wouldn't the friend's mother call BO immediately when hearing the missing child was supposed to be at her house? EVEN IF BO didn't ?

2. If the friend's mother had not ever had Hailey over to spend the night and had never seen or met BD/BO; then when police "questioned" the friend's mom early on, why would this not indicate foul play or potential harm or something indicative of foul play---instead of runaway?

I also keep remembering the earlier post from CZGTZ saying the friend finally talked to BO and/or LE.

And knowing how small CCity is - there is no way, IMO, that everyone hasn't at least seen one another if they've both lived there for any length of time at all.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1
In a small town, you'd think neighbors who had kids the same age, would probably be well acquainted. & the bf was familiar enough with her, to know her name. If he's lying, why wouldn't he come up with a more familiar friend? If he's not lying, why the confusion? I'm confused.

I found it odd...and actually had a nice little response typed out but suffice it to say, everyones emotions were on high speed yesterday, including mine...so I decided not to post it...but since you asked...:innocent:

1. Why wouldn't the friend's mother call BO immediately when hearing the missing child was supposed to be at her house? EVEN IF BO didn't ?

2. If the friend's mother had not ever had Hailey over to spend the night and had never seen or met BD/BO; then when police "questioned" the friend's mom early on, why would this not indicate foul play or potential harm or something indicative of foul play---instead of runaway?

I also keep remembering the earlier post from CZGTZ saying the friend finally talked to BO and/or LE.

And knowing how small CCity is - there is no way, IMO, that everyone hasn't at least seen one another if they've both lived there for any length of time at all.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TX TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #1

When LE heard that the friend was not even expecting Hailey, they probably determined that she made it up and took off and planned to spend the night elsewhere, as in "running away." But since she was still gone by late Tuesday, you would think they would at least start to wonder where she was.

I don't think it was ever made clear if Hailey had said she had stayed at MB's previously or not, while MB's mom is saying no, she never did. I was worrying about this yesterday, as if she was using MB's as an excuse, knowing her mom would not call there since she did not know the mom, then she must have been staying someplace else. It is possible she had a secret friend, if indeed she was pretending to stay at MB's. I am having trouble seeing why MB's mom would lie.

IDK... I am just saying... I am from there and familiar with a lot that goes on in C-City.

:waitasec: That's something to ponder, I agree. But there are people who live at the other end of my street in a small town that I don't know and they've been there years too. My neighbors know them, but I just don't hang out in the neighborhood all that often. (And don't be tellin' me I'm in the house too much on WS! haha)

ETA: There was a crime in my small town a couple of months ago. I didn't know the person, but I know a lot of people who do and such. In small towns many of us know so-and-so who was married to that person and the kids were in my kid's grade but we may not exactly KNOW each other, just know OF each other. KWIM?

Don't feel bad Kimster! I live in a town of about 450 and I don't know anyone except the lady at the post office........and I've been here about 6 years! The only reason I know her is that's the only place to get my mail. I recognize my neighbors if I see them at the store, but I don't know their names. The only people I know in my kids' school district are the parents of the kids they are friendly enough with to spend the night........a whole whopping 3 families LOL!

If anything happened to me, my neighbors would be the ones on the news saying "she always kept to herself, she was real quiet, etc".

As for MB's mom saying that she has never seen Billie, remember Billie is working long shifts in a town that's about 30 minutes away. She leaves early and gets home late several days a week. She probably doesn't feel like getting out much when she gets home.

If he was searching with TES ..NO they wouldn't let him near a search...but being this are public searches he very well could.

not sure if addressed yet.. sorry if so... but it is my understanding in OH, RSO are not allowed to participate in public gatherings where children are. ie:near schools, halloween, etc... not sure with the specifics, but I really do not think it would be allowed by their RSO rules.

Are RSO's allowed to search for missing children?? I think not.

KRBC crews in Colorado City caught up with one of the men on the registry, and he says he got a visit from law enforcement early on in the search.

"They came and knocked on our door, I answered and they told me, 'Stay out here,' and they went in and talked to my wife. They searched my house and everything else but they didn't find [anything]," said Michael Lindsey.

Lindsey said he knows Dunn's father, and wants to see a safe and quick resolution. He even said he's joining in on the search, himself.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329326

How on earth did I miss this? OMG!

Thank You.

Don't feel bad Kimster! I live in a town of about 450 and I don't know anyone except the lady at the post office........and I've been here about 6 years! The only reason I know her is that's the only place to get my mail. I recognize my neighbors if I see them at the store, but I don't know their names. The only people I know in my kids' school district are the parents of the kids they are friendly enough with to spend the night........a whole whopping 3 families LOL!

If anything happened to me, my neighbors would be the ones on the news saying "she always kept to herself, she was real quiet, etc".
lol, I'd be that weird neighbor that only left the house at night.

What about seeing each other at school functions? Back to school night or if they have a play at night at the school.Also if there is only 1 grocery store in town it seems odd they never ran across each other shopping with their kids.

I don't know if it's a Texas thing or what, but I know I've said many times, "I'm so proud of that boy" or "I love that boy so much" when speaking of my own son.

I think it's a southern thing and is meant as a term of endearment.
My mother used to always refer to us kids individually as 'that girl' or 'that boy'.
She even referred to dad as 'that man'. lol
So I don't think Billie meant any harm when she used that term. jmo

not sure if addressed yet.. sorry if so... but it is my understanding in OH, RSO are not allowed to participate in public gatherings where children are. ie:near schools, halloween, etc... not sure with the specifics, but I really do not think it would be allowed by their RSO rules.

I'm pretty sure we have something like that here in Texas also.
This guy lives less than 1/3 of a mile from Haileys home and was convicted of sexual assault of a 14 yo.
IMO, he should not join the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess we don't really know how long H & MB were really friends or how close they were. Girls that age change alliances frequently and they may have been relatively new friends, just since the school year, or whatever.

In fact, we don't know much of anything. I do hope LE at least spoke with the girls on H's MS page who she wrote were her "enemies."

I'm pretty sure we have something like that here in Texas also.
This guy lives less than 1/3 of a mile from Haileys home and was convicted of sexual assault of a 14 yo.
IMO, he should not join the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He should probably be taken in for a interview...

I think it's a southern thing and is meant as a term of endearment.
My mother used to always refer to us kids individually as 'that girl' or 'that boy'.
She even referred to dad as 'that man'. lol
So I don't think Billie meant any harm when she used that term. jmo

Thats exactly what i wanted to put dow..could find the right words...but i too use that girl that boy ect

I'm almost 100% positive that I heard Clint say Hailey spent the 25th and 26th at his house. I know I heard it so it had to be when NG had them on.
I'll have to look for links tomorrow.
i wish i could find the interview cant remember what news crew that did the interview but im realy thinking he said she atayed christmas night and some of the next day.

It depends on the fields - there are some fields in W. Texas w/ H2S or "sour gas"; but they are heavily monitored, as required by federal and state guidelines.

In the event that there was an inadvertent release, we would unfortunately probably see multiple deaths, from individuals close to the area and/or exposed to these emissions when driving through to check the wells, go home or elsewhere.

HTH

Your posts definately did not make me sleepy... found them VERY interesting! Thank you!

As for MB's mom saying that she has never seen Billie, remember Billie is working long shifts in a town that's about 30 minutes away. She leaves early and gets home late several days a week. She probably doesn't feel like getting out much when she gets home.

That totally makes sense to me. I have three sons--full-time job. I was just trying to find the loophole HD slipped through. I was thinking of how it could've happened to me. If one of the boys was staying a friend's house that they had stayed at several times, and they had told their dad they were going over there, I wouldn't feel anxious about it either, especially after working a 12-hour day. I just don't understand the part where MB's mom said that the girl's had never spent the night at each other's house. I came from a small town. I can see how it can happen. It just seems like an awfully tight loophole for HD. The way it all happened seems either too coincidental and tragic or unfortunately predictable. I'm not pointing to anyone or anything at this point but the timeline. Somehow I think the answers are in there somewhere. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx