TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What was talk of the town is slowly becoming talk of the nation.
"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart."

Adkins was the last person to see the missing Colorado Middle School cheerleader alive before she disappeared on December 27.

"It's frustrating, you know, what she said about me," said Adkins, "but it really doesn't bother me because my main focus is just Hailey."

Despite red flags being raised on Adkins, Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn says the speculation from Nancy Grace viewers doesn't bother her.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=328246

didnt several of the anthonys say "that little girl" too?
And Patsy Ramsey..."that child."

I don't think it's the "little girl" that's so disturbing...it's the "that" that is the separation factor.

What "confirmed" info do we have now that we didn't the day the story broke...
I just keep feeling like.. not much!!
She's not in her home hiding or hiding in the shed. She's not hiding in any of the searched areas.
The polys, but they aren't confirmed (depending on news source)
The bloodhounds, not confirmed (depending upon your news source)

Anything else??

It's like she vanished into thin air.......
It's been so long, SOME evidence should have come to light......
I'm off to bed, I"ll pray again for resolution to where she is

I use expressions like that quite often. Jersey girl transplanted to southern Florida. I think I picked up those expressions here in Florida. "that girl", "that boy" "that kid", etc.

I'm also from the south and familiar with the expression.

It's the use of it in this situation that is troublesome to me.

IMO, he distances himself from Hailey by using 'that little girl'.

And, again, this is just my opinion.

When my daughter was missing for a few hours, I kept telling these kids to find my kid, then I would say I just want my kid back. I also said find my kid and I won't call the police. I don't know why I didn't call her by name but I didn't after I told them who I was. I just know my brain was running a hundred miles an hour. I couldn't think straight and I only dealt with this for about 6 hours. I can't imagine how Billie and Clint are still holding it together.
My grown daughter was missing for several hours...her bf called me & told me that after arguing, she insisted that he let her walk, so he put her out at a certain location, near our home. No way, did I believe this. We checked everywhere, & she was nowhere to be found. When I called 911 for help, the only time I said her name, was when I gave her full name. When they asked what she was last wearing, I lost it. but I did remember every detail. We finally found her, but the bf had driven into the worst crime ridden area in town, & pushed her out. He has major issues with drugs. It was the worst feeling ever, & I can't even begin to describe it. She's in college, but your baby is your baby. I saw her whole life flash right before my eyes. I saw him strangling her, in the car, dumping her body in some woods near his home, go home to his mother, & then plan how they would blame her death on a stranger picking her up. This flash was so vivid, that I didn't believe it wasn't true, until we found her. Her ex & his mom have both been in a whole heap of trouble, & to this day, (over a year later), that 'vision', colors my thinking of them. can't help it.

I know nothing about oil fields..........are there wells that a person could
be put into? is it a dangerous area?

I can't imagine anyone trying to put anything into a oil well - it's not something anybody would just go out to & take the head off...there's dangerous gases too - part of the danger of working on a well.

Here's a pic of a oil well head from a field near Midland TX (not too far from C-City).

wellhead3web.jpg

and here's one of a gas well head where you can see the pumpjacks in the background (what pumps the oil from the well).

gaswellhead2web.jpg

Depending on the field, there may be one well, or lots of them....there's waste pits, too.

I've never really thought of them as dangerous, although the pits are yucky looking so never had any desire even as a kid to go anywhere near them.

there's more pics here

http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/Photos of Oil and Gas Well Heads.htm

i dont think it would be good for family to search anything, they might find something and try to hide or replace it, not at alllllll saying they would but you never know what people will do to help loved ones.

That's correct ajk --- you don't want them searching anywhere. There are many reasons but a couple quick ones here are that if the perpetrator was out 'searching' and found a clue or the missing person, then the area would be contaminated with their scent, etc., and would nullify any evidence. It also hinders the scent specific trailing dogs that might be working on a suspected family member's scent, thereby negating their work.

Heading to bed fellow WS peeps --- keep up the good work!

I've read it in a previous thread. Someone said, " HD is one of our own". I'll tell you something, that is a community that stands behind each other. It's like every man and woman out there was HD's mother or father. So determined to make a difference.

Yes, one big family. Please, tell me has the 7 Wells or South 208 area been searched? Thank You

What was talk of the town is slowly becoming talk of the nation.
"I would never do anything to that little girl," said Shawn Adkins, boyfriend of Hailey Dunn's mother, "I love her with all my heart."

Adkins was the last person to see the missing Colorado Middle School cheerleader alive before she disappeared on December 27.

"It's frustrating, you know, what she said about me," said Adkins, "but it really doesn't bother me because my main focus is just Hailey."

Despite red flags being raised on Adkins, Hailey Dunn's mother, Billie Jean Dunn says the speculation from Nancy Grace viewers doesn't bother her.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=328246

Who is the "she" SA is talking about?

After reading that statement, beating up on NG, I wonder if she'll (NG) will have voice analysis done on Billies statements on her show.

It is so uplifting to go to the FB page and see all the folks that are gearing up together to go search for her this weekend. God bless them all! They just keep adding their names to the list!!!!!!!

This ole TN girl will just have to pray as I am too far away but boy if I was closer I would go search also.

Are RSO's allowed to search for missing children?? I think not.

KRBC crews in Colorado City caught up with one of the men on the registry, and he says he got a visit from law enforcement early on in the search.

"They came and knocked on our door, I answered and they told me, 'Stay out here,' and they went in and talked to my wife. They searched my house and everything else but they didn't find [anything]," said Michael Lindsey.

Lindsey said he knows Dunn's father, and wants to see a safe and quick resolution. He even said he's joining in on the search, himself.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329326

I can't imagine anyone trying to put anything into a oil well - it's not something anybody would just go out to & take the head off...there's dangerous gases too - part of the danger of working on a well.

Here's a pic of a oil well head from a field near Midland TX (not too far from C-City).

wellhead3web.jpg

and here's one of a gas well head where you can see the pumpjacks in the background (what pumps the oil from the well).

gaswellhead2web.jpg

Depending on the field, there may be one well, or lots of them....there's waste pits, too.

I've never really thought of them as dangerous, although the pits are yucky looking so never had any desire even as a kid to go anywhere near them.

there's more pics here

http://www.energyindustryphotos.com/Photos of Oil and Gas Well Heads.htm

Those are good pics. Colorado City has alot more vegetation, hills, waters, and such to hide someone than Midland does.

are rso's allowed to search for missing children?? I think not.

Krbc crews in colorado city caught up with one of the men on the registry, and he says he got a visit from law enforcement early on in the search.

"they came and knocked on our door, i answered and they told me, 'stay out here,' and they went in and talked to my wife. They searched my house and everything else but they didn't find [anything]," said michael lindsey.

Lindsey said he knows dunn's father, and wants to see a safe and quick resolution. he even said he's joining in on the search, himself.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329326

WTH??? I hope that is a misprint!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members