TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever a child is missing I always think back to the Maddie Clifton case. It was here local where I live. It was a huge news story.

Maddie was outside playing, she was 8 years old. The teen Joshua Phillips was not a suspect in fact he came out to help in the search.
In the end Joshua did turn out to be the killer of little Maddie and she was found under his waterbed, where the corners meet. She saw that there was fluid on the floor and took at look it turned out to be fluids from the decomposing body.

After that time of the case I always think in my mind the possibilty of a kid in the neighborhood and then now days a young friend off of a social network

That case tore me up, I was an emotional mess for months and still to this day when I think her tears come to my eyes.(posted link to basic case) I dont know if I needed to when refering to murdered child. So i posted link to be on safe side of TOS

Maddie Clifton case:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Phillips_(murderer)

OMG, I looked that case up...how horrible! To think no one smelled her little body decomposing???? GAWD when I think it can't get any worse in this old world it does.
Thank you for the link. I just had to read it.That poor little child.

UPDATE: No Evidence of Foul Play in Dunn Disappearance

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356

No evidence of foul play? This above states she "could" still be a runaway? I do not buy that for a moment. IF and I state IF she would of run away. How far could a 13 year old go? If someone was helping her this is MAJOR attention on this case, I would think she called mom by now.

When I was 13 perhaps I was frustrated at times with family but at 13 it would never cross my mind to run away.. I mean where would I go at 13 years old??? How many contacts would I have that would or could hide me out that didnt have parents themself that would immediatly call parents.
I think the news needs to keep in mind she is 13 and not mature she is not 16 or 17 and a troubled teen.

From all descriptions of Hailey she was a good kid. There was no signs of trouble at ALL.. just a normal little girl.

When a 13 year old is missing there is somthing foul about it !

LE also said in the linked article that they haven't yet ruled it out either. They also have not ruled out a runaway scenario. That tells me they are just coming up empty, they have no solid evidence to state foul play is involved.

Yes, you're right KathrynL. I'm just surprised that 1. no evidence of foul play wasn't announced earlier like Thursday or Friday.
2. From what I've heard and read Hailey didn't seem like the type of young teen to run away.
Then again, do parents ever know if that will happen?

I don't want LE to assume this is a runaway just in case it isn't? KWIM?

She is missing almost 2 weeks...took nothing with her...no money apparently...what do you need?

Mark Klaas will go crazy :(

At 14 I ran away from home. I wasn't being abused. I lived a middle class life. I had put myself in a position that was going to cause me trouble at home. I had told my parents I was spending the night with a friend but instead I spent the night in a hotel with a boy and some other people...an older boy. No one would have ever known if the car's battery hadn't have run dead. By the time we got it going and got close to our town, I know that my parents would have figured out that I lied. So I had these "friends" drop me off in another town, at another boys house and then left from there. It was a mess and I did end up calling home and having my Dad come and get me. I was very lucky that nothing terrible happened.

My point is that I had nothing with me and hadn't intended to run away at first. I am not however saying that Hailey ran away. But I do feel that she left that afternoon willingly, that it just took a wrong turn.

No evidence of foul play? This above states she "could" still be a runaway? I do not buy that for a moment. IF and I state IF she would of run away. How far could a 13 year old go? If someone was helping her this is MAJOR attention on this case, I would think she called mom by now.

When I was 13 perhaps I was frustrated at times with family but at 13 it would never cross my mind to run away.. I mean where would I go at 13 years old??? How many contacts would I have that would or could hide me out that didnt have parents themself that would immediatly call parents.
I think the news needs to keep in mind she is 13 and not mature she is not 16 or 17 and a troubled teen.

From all descriptions of Hailey she was a good kid. There was no signs of trouble at ALL.. just a normal little girl.

When a 13 year old is missing there is somthing foul about it !

If I'm going to be honest, that's exactly how I feel. Something just feels off to me....I just don't get the feeling she ran away. And that could change as I hear and read more comments. :)

I honestly don't think they are treating this case as a runaway, they are searching and interviewing and polygraphying (?) people at least. And they kind of have been saying no evidence of foul play all along, it just sounds much worse on day 13.

But if anyone is helping this child, that is a crime, and could be considered kidnapping.

Unless she is all alone and fell into a ditch and is either injured or deceased, there HAS to be foul play. Anyone she might be with, at this stage, would be legally an abductor if more than a few years older than H.

can anyone fix the margins :(

Why does Hailey list enemies on her MS and did LE talk to them?
I think all 13-yr old girls are interested in boys, she is in 8th grade, even if their parents don't think they are. I know I was and that was way back when, and I know we all lied to our parents once we hit 7th grade...

Having two grandsons this age now, I do know for a fact by this age it is going on for sure lol.

Not to head to a depressing area, but have we checked all the absconded s.o.' in that general region to see if any could have done a disappearing act abt the same time she went missing?

How does the reward money work? I notice in some cases the reward is different amounts and then increases, is it family or just general concerned citizens or businesses that initally offer a reward? Does LE offer an award?

Just wondering.

UPDATED: 7:10 pm CST January 8, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas --
...police and law enforcement have spent the day combing a 6 mile stretch in the town of Dunn...

They say some good leads sent them to that area.

...would not release any more information about those leads at this time...

...ny evidence they find will be tagged and bagged and looked at thoroughly...

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26413415/detail.html

Color me confused....

Was SA previously employed by Weaver Services or Weaver Pipeline? Weaver Pipeline does alot of construction work not only for oilfield or pipeline but other commercial locations. Just wondered if that could be confirmed.

It's very possible that Hailey met some older guy at the motel, and took off with him. Someone she met on the internet or even a friend's house. A 13 y.o. is not the best judge of character, and would be easily swayed by some smooth talking character. Maybe she just wanted to be with him, not intending to run away, exactly, but it got out of control.

LE has to keep an open mind, they can't assume anything at this point until some kind of evidence turns up. And I can guarantee you that they are keeping a lot of information to themselves, they are not going to release everything they've got, because IF someone is holding her captive, that could put her in great danger.

That's why it gets so frustrating to follow these cases, we all want to know every detail, and they cannot afford to jeapordize the victim's life or the integrity of the case. They know what they're doing... it may not seem like it but there are people on the investigation team who have a LOT of years experience in this.

Are there a number of vacant, foreclosed houses in town? Where teens might "gather"?

thats a pretty grownup expression.

she did have a few on the ones I was able to see on her ms. But, at this age... the kids try to do this as part of their growing up, KWIM? not that I agree, but do not see it as abnormal. As I said with two g-sons this age now I am seeing it now. In fact, my one g-son just had his phone taken away cuz of a text message he sent. His parents were a lot more in disbelief than g-ma.

she did have a few on the ones I was able to see on her ms. But, at this age... the kids try to do this as part of their growing up, KWIM? not that I agree, but do not see it as abnormal. As I said with two g-sons this age now I am seeing it now. In fact, my one g-son just had his phone taken away cuz of a text message he sent. His parents were a lot more in disbelief than g-ma.

Parents are often the last to know or accept what their kids may be up to...I have five nieces who just passed out of their teens, and had to refrain often when my sisters told me how their girls would never, did never, have never, and don't even know how...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rayhartley90