TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Parents are often the last to know or accept what their kids may be up to...I have five nieces who just passed out of their teens, and had to refrain often when my sisters told me how their girls would never, did never, have never, and don't even know how...:)

Yeah, I've been outsmarted by a 13 year old more than once and I have seen and done my fair share, so that takes some doing!

Yes, you're right KathrynL. I'm just surprised that 1. no evidence of foul play wasn't announced earlier like Thursday or Friday.
2. From what I've heard and read Hailey didn't seem like the type of young teen to run away.
Then again, do parents ever know if that will happen?

I don't want LE to assume this is a runaway just in case it isn't? KWIM?

I know what you mean, however imo they are doing everything they can to locate her and keep investigating every lead and possibility. Even though a good kid, there have been indications that she wanted her parents back together and may have been unhappy about her living situation. If she is a runaway, obviously she either has help OR ended up in a bad situation. All in all, I certainly haven't come to any conclusions because the public information is too scant for me to hang my hat on any one scenario.

Foul play seems the most logical angle, but LE is bound to some kind of tangible evidence or smoking gun. If they have that, they aren't telling.

I don't see how, IF she is a runaway, she's stayed gone this long without someone not seeing her somewhere. The case has received national attention now. Someone would have seen her somewhere.

I hope LE will start interviewing her schoolmates. If there is a "secret boyfriend" in the mix somehow, someone knows. Girls that age don't keep things like that 100% secret.

Parents are often the last to know or accept what their kids may be up to...I have five nieces who just passed out of their teens, and had to refrain often when my sisters told me how their girls would never, did never, have never, and don't even know how...:)

ITA my nephew is 11 and his phone was taken away. Whatever he did was so bad that his parents wouldn't even say what it was.

I have locked myself out of FB - (whole 'notha story) - anyway, suffice it to say I can't post / comment there until I remember my sleuthing b-day - so if anyone else can...after reading this post and feels so inclined...please do!

Anywho...there's a comment / question from someone who searched yesterday, on the find hailey FB page and that person is inquiring about someone she felt uncomfortable with during the search...she goes on to ask if she should contact LE. This was posted at AGJ 35 minutes ago---There is 1 response encouraging her to contact LE and another who doesn't really feel contacting LE is necessary.

If there's anyone from there reading here now...PLEASE CONTACT LE...it might appear minimal, but would not be out of the question and you never know if it will be the tip that will help bring Hailey home. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CONTACT LE.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Find-Hailey-Dunn/165260016852020?v=wall

I have locked myself out of FB - (whole 'notha story) - anyway, suffice it to say I can't post / comment there until I remember my sleuthing b-day - so if anyone else can...after reading this post and feels so inclined...please do!

Anywho...there's a comment / question from someone who searched yesterday, on the find hailey FB page and that person is inquiring about someone she felt uncomfortable with during the search...she goes on to ask if she should contact LE. This was posted at AGJ 35 minutes ago---There is 1 response encouraging her to contact LE and another who doesn't really feel contacting LE is necessary.

If there's anyone from there reading here now...PLEASE CONTACT LE...it might appear minimal, but would not be out of the question and you never know if it will be the tip that will help bring Hailey home. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE CONTACT LE.

they also said he wa sin the photos from yesterday as well.

***thanks for fixing margins*** :)

I thought Hailey would not have had to even be on a road to get to her dad"s? Is that right?
While I think it is possible she went to meet a boy that night, I do not think she ever intended to be run away. If she did go to meet someone, pretending to be at MB's, she got into trouble and ran into foul play.
If she is with someone of age, it is already a felony, so that is foul play. If she is being kept against her will, that is foul play, even if boy is 14.
Does LE really think a teenage girl takes off with no clothes, no make-up, no money, no jacket or real shoes, for almost 2 weeks? And they should conclude that if she did, she must be with someone, who must be old enough to provide her with these things, which makes it FOUL PLAY.

They only said they had not found any evidence of foul play... not that there wasn't any.
I believe they are referring to signs of physical harm at this point. If she was taken forcibly, it would be foul play, but what if she went willingly? Illegal, if he was older, but maybe not considered foul play. JMO, not sure on that.

I sure wish I had a ITA button *I Totally Agree* :woohoo:

The article said "he would be helping in the search" so at least he already has not. I agree that no way should a RSO be searching for a missing 13 year-old.

Same presser today as the "no evidence of foul play"...I'm not sure what to think because this article appears to contrast the "no evidence"...

UPDATED: 7:10 pm CST January 8, 2011

COLORADO CITY, Texas --
...police and law enforcement have spent the day combing a 6 mile stretch in the town of Dunn...

They say some good leads sent them to that area.

...would not release any more information about those leads at this time...

...ny evidence they find will be tagged and bagged and looked at thoroughly...

http://www.ktxs.com/news/26413415/detail.html

Color me confused....

IMO, the leads they had were worth checking out with a search. "any evidence they find" -can mean they found something that they aren't going to mention OR just letting the public know they will bag & tag anything of interest and do their due diligence. IOW, I don't think these statements contradict saying there is no evidence of foul play.

She said someone contacted LE and they are checking it out!

And this person who is freaking people out in the search is EXACTLY why a little organization needs to be taking place and they need to be doing some basic paperwork and get everyone's id written down. Please please if you are reading this and searching or planning on it, go to www.4themissing.net and at least take a look and print some of the forms out. It takes hardly any time and will really make a difference. It's free, well other than the ink and paper.....

I would be inclined to believe they haven't processed the family car yet, if thats involved in any way I believe they will find evidence there.

And this person who is freaking people out in the search is EXACTLY why a little organization needs to be taking place and they need to be doing some basic paperwork and get everyone's id written down. Please please if you are reading this and searching or planning on it, go to www.4themissing.net and at least take a look and print some of the forms out. It takes hardly any time and will really make a difference. It's free, well other than the ink and paper.....

100% agree they have no clue who is searching or background ect how do they know the perp isnt out there making sure no one gets close?

Geez please bring in an organized search group that gets all the info just in case.

I was all about the BF a day or two ago, but am leaning more toward H heading out to meet someone "secret" and something either happened en route or once she met up with him. Perhaps the meeting spot was the motel parking lot.

But the thing about BF losing his job on the very day is more than a little disquieting.

IMO, the leads they had were worth checking out with a search. "any evidence they find" -can mean they found something that they aren't going to mention OR just letting the public know they will bag & tag anything of interest and do their due diligence. IOW, I don't think these statements contradict saying there is no evidence of foul play.

Yes...I agree...I posted that too quickly and meant to take out my first sentence referencing the "differences"...but I saw the FB page and my head went immediately to my next post...sorry.

I have wondered that exact scenario. I hate that her MS was public... (ETA: some predator online or some predator nearby - someone she knew, such as friend of family or friend of friends?)

However, if SA had nothing to do with it, it sure was his unlucky day/week: lose/quit job, be last one to see GF's daughter before she disappeared, have everyone thinking he did it, failed LD test, etc, etc...

bbm~
No kidding! Unlucky would be an understatement IF SA had nothing to do with this. He may do well to entertain the possibility that somebody is trying to tell him something if that turns out to be the case..

I am hoping against hope that she has run away..The fact that apparently (at least from what we know) NOTHING has been found gives me a tiny bit of optimism. I was that kind of 13-14 year old...ran away several times..a couple of those times without any pre-planning. Even in those days (way before the internet) my father ALWAYS tracked me down..he really should have been a PI because there were a couple of times that I went to great lengths to cover my tracks as well...and yes, all in my very early teens I'm embarrassed to say..

Have to join rw for a bit, will be back later. Hoping when I return, Hailey is home :) Maybe someone will hear something on the news, pls post it, ty!

i can put this on fb i have lots of locals on there some who are in the search

I don't see how, IF she is a runaway, she's stayed gone this long without someone not seeing her somewhere. The case has received national attention now. Someone would have seen her somewhere.

I hope LE will start interviewing her schoolmates. If there is a "secret boyfriend" in the mix somehow, someone knows. Girls that age don't keep things like that 100% secret.

You would be surprised at the people who DON'T follow news like this and wouldn't recognize a missing person if they saw one. There are just a lot of people who don't pay attention to things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scc79535