TX - Hailey Dunn, 13, Colorado City, 27 Dec 2010 - #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure. I don't want to start rumors and not sure if this is one. However, would the police take over a FB site dedicated to a missing person? And why?

Evening everyone..been a long day. Yes, the FB page I started is having major issues-worked fine when I went to bed this morning around 1:30am...then woke up this morning and found "your publishing rights have been revoked"?? WTH? I have emailed FB to no avail. I think we got too big too fast and there are over 500 comments a day. Someone said that might be the reason I can't post as an admin. I can post on other's people's comments, but can't post like I was. So aggravating. :sick:

I know here in my little part of world if it not happening here no sense to worry about it:furious: In fact if I bring up amissing child to friends that don;t want to hear it :furious:[/quote

Alot of people don't want to hear it. I have always had men in my life that pay attention to things like this. The first one had a fit over my DD (age 12) wearing jogging shorts, "too short, he says, I know how men think'. He hid them (1980), we didn't find them til she was 18 and we were moving out of the house.
[That makes me think of the commercial where the dad uses his daughter's short skirt to clean his dirty hands!]

Maybe I am having a case of wishful thinking that she ran away and will be found safely.

Is there a link to the fact that the Secret Service is involved?

Is a Missing Child something they are normally involved with?

Thinking outside of the box here:

Could someone have said something to Hailey that would have caused her to leave? Maybe something along the lines of "your mom (dad) doesn't want you here." "It costs to much to feed/house/ whatever." "Your cheerleading costs too much."

Do you see what I'm getting at? Kids that age wear their emotions on their sleeves and if someone suggested to her that possibly mom and/or dad were struggling because of her.........

This person doesn't necessarily have to be an adult - could have been a friend or a friend of her brother - kids are cruel - KWIM?
It crossed my mind, maybe an argument about housework took place. BF may have said something on the lines of 'why didn't u clean up this place for your mom". I wondered if the home was in any different condition Monday night than it was Monday morning. Did Hailey do any chores her Mom asked her to do, etc.

As much as I hope this is a case of a runaway and Hailey comes home safely, I just don't know about this seemingly innocent, 13 y/o girl running away and staying away this long, and covering all her tracks. She doesn't strike me as being street-smart enough or rebellious enough to be gone and hiding out safely on her own free will.

She couln't survive on her own if she ran away. So at the very least, she is endangered. And if she ran to or with someone, presumably that person is old enough to be able to obtain food and clothing for her. So wouldn't that be a criminal act? I guess in my mind a crime=foul play, but maybe that is incorrect.
Anyone who is helping her is committing a crime at this point, aren't they? Is LE stressing that ?
(Not that I think she is out there as a runaway, though I do think she may have gone out intending to meet someone.)

yes they do missing children

Really?

I am not trying to argue, but out of curiousity I have been looking it up, and here is their Mission Statement from their website.

The mission of the United States Secret Service is to safeguard the nation's financial infrastructure and payment systems to preserve the integrity of the economy, and to protect national leaders, visiting heads of state and government, designated sites and National Special Security Events

http://www.secretservice.gov/mission.shtml

ETA:

Here is the reference that the Secret Service is indeed working on Hailey's case. I find it a little odd?

Nine agencies, including the FBI and the Secret Service, are now involved in the search for Hailey Dunn.

A press release just sent out by the Colorado City city manager says 30 officers are working to follow up on interviews and leads into the 13-year-old's whereabouts.

The agencies are: Colorado City Police Department, Mitchell County Sheriff’s Office, Texas Department of Public Safety, FBI, Snyder Police Department, 32nd Judicial District Court, Scurry County Sheriff’s Office, Secret Service and Child Advisory Center.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=328456

Really?

I am not trying to argue, but out of curiousity I have been looking it up, and here is their Mission Statement from their website.

Yep somebody found it and posted. I read the link.

Really?

ETA:

Here is the reference that the Secret Service is indeed working on Hailey's case. I find it a little odd?

Carried over from prior thread:

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...US&PageId=2403

Snipped:

About the United States Secret Service
The United States Secret Service is a federal law enforcement agency mandated by statute and executive order to carry out two significant missions: protection and criminal investigations. The Secret Service’s commitment to NCMEC builds upon a 12-year relationship in which the Secret Service continues to provide forensic, technical and investigative assistance in support of any investigation involving missing or exploited children. The Secret Service’s Operation Safe Kids initiative, promotes the safety of children by providing parents with a document containing biographical data, a current photograph and digitized, inkless fingerprints of their children. The agency also provides child safety briefings, bringing safety awareness to both children and parents.

I know what you mean, however imo they are doing everything they can to locate her and keep investigating every lead and possibility. Even though a good kid, there have been indications that she wanted her parents back together and may have been unhappy about her living situation. If she is a runaway, obviously she either has help OR ended up in a bad situation. All in all, I certainly haven't come to any conclusions because the public information is too scant for me to hang my hat on any one scenario.

Foul play seems the most logical angle, but LE is bound to some kind of tangible evidence or smoking gun. If they have that, they aren't telling.

LOL Unlike you, I make conclusions several times a day. Bad I know, lol. :waitasec: :)
Honestly, I swing back and forth with my ideas about what may have happened . Foul play does seem more logical than Hailey running away ---yet everyday thousands of kids run away from home.

I pray for Hailey, her family and all those searching.

OT: PLEASE check out the new campaign that is being launched for Lindsey this week by the CUE center for missing person's. Monica Caison is the founder of the center and she NEVER gives up. And is known for solving cold cases. She is an inspiration and a true hero, IMO. Her experience and knowledge is priceless. If I go missing for the record, make note to call Monica.

OT

Yes I follow Cue and Monica she is true angel for the missing. ♥

can someone link me to HD myspace page.....i have found her fb page but can noy locate myspace

I haven't read this about the tire tracks, hopefully this is not a duplicate.

Dunn is where searchers discovered oil field glasses and a knife sheath in a stream Friday evening. A volunteer searcher also told KTAB's Tiffany Tatro they discovered tire tracks leading to an empty field. The searcher said authorities were alerted.

Law enforcement can't yet confirm they've visited that location.

All of the discoveries occured within a mile of a home where the boyfriend of Hailey's mother is believed to be staying.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=329356

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member