GUILTY TX - Haruka Weiser, 18, found murdered, UT-Austin campus, 3 April 2016 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Weiser's family also released the following statement:

Haruka Juliana Tsunemine Weiser, our beloved daughter, sister and friend was taken from us too soon. We will forever miss her; the pain of our sudden and tragic loss is unfathomable. We are grateful for all the support, kindness and prayers that have been offered to us. Words cannot express the outpouring of love we have received.

Haruka was a passionate and dedicated dancer and student. She was so happy to be a student at UT and was looking forward to the chance to perform again as a Dance Major and she was declaring a second major in pre-med studies, too. She had plans to explore the world of medicine this summer and to travel to visit family in Japan.

Although Haruka loved to perform on stage she never sought the spotlight in her daily life. Perhaps the last thing she would want it to be the poster child for any cause. And yet, as we struggle to understand why she was killed, if her death can somehow make it safer for a young woman to walk home, if it will prevent another assault or murder, then at least we could find some meaning behind an otherwise senseless and tragic death. To her friends, the many of students at UT and at her high school in all the dance programs in which she participated we are united in prayer for Haruka and for each other. No parent, brother, sister or friend should have to face this kind of sadness, this kind of loss.

Yet, many do. And now we have joined that family. At UT, Haruka did make many friends and received so much support from this community. We know Haruka would not wish for us be stuck in sadness but to keep living life to the fullest; that is what we will try to do in the coming days. And we offer prayers and encouragement for you to do the same.

Thank you for respecting our privacy at this time.

As a bike rider I see 1) doesn't know how to steer bike, 2) very inexperienced with balancing weight distribution of that enourmous duffle. I speculate he did not start off with a full duffle. Duffle not bike friendly at all. 3) He is too tall to fit that bike seat/pedal height.

I just hope LE doesn't get stuck on this person of interest. DNA tests will help if there are samples available.

How does someone with a bike abduct/assault a person without causing a huge scene? I really hope someone comes forward soon that saw something going on.

As a bike rider I see 1) doesn't know how to steer bike, 2) very inexperienced with balancing weight distribution of that enourmous duffle. I speculate he did not start off with a full duffle. Duffle not bike friendly at all.

And usually students that use bikes on campus are experienced riders with backpacks and other items, so that leans towards not a student.

Wow-follow the link in the report to 'Campus Watch"
http://police.utexas.edu/campuswatch/archives/report.php?date=Apr+04+2016

and you see "The University of Texas Police Department responded to 84 Alarm Reports, 7 “Police Help Callbox Activations, 24 Traffic Violations, 6 Motor Vehicle Collisions, 20 Suspicious Activity Reports, 2 Welfare Concern Reports, 4 Medical emergency Assist Requests, 1 Stuck Elevator Report, 1 Unsecured Door, 5 Found Property Reports, and 18 Public Assist Requests between 04/01/16 and 04/04/16"

I never personally walked through this area while at UT as my classes were all on the other side of campus. I will ask my husband when he gets home.

On the local news right now (KEYE-TV) they indicated that she was last seen at 9:30-9:45 on Sunday night and her body was not discovered until Tuesday after a search was begun. That would make me think either the path is not well-travelled or her body was hidden.

Gotta say...with all this stuff going around the country the only thing I have learned is everyones security cameras do no "see" clearly - its amazing. In Zach case Joey case airport i brusells

did the security video i this case help them get him?

Gotta say...with all this stuff going around the country the only thing I have learned is everyones security cameras do no "see" clearly - its amazing. In Zach case Joey case airport i brusells

did the security video i this case help them get him?

I'm betting on it !!

The video is great, but what is bad is that there is not a good description, image of the suspect. All we know is that he is a black, tall male, athletic build? Long hair, short hair? I wonder if the police could provide a sketch of his face. Is there any other information about him that I missing?

Weiser's family also released the following statement:

Haruka Juliana Tsunemine Weiser, our beloved daughter, sister and friend was taken from us too soon. We will forever miss her; the pain of our sudden and tragic loss is unfathomable. We are grateful for all the support, kindness and prayers that have been offered to us. Words cannot express the outpouring of love we have received.

Haruka was a passionate and dedicated dancer and student. She was so happy to be a student at UT and was looking forward to the chance to perform again as a Dance Major and she was declaring a second major in pre-med studies, too. She had plans to explore the world of medicine this summer and to travel to visit family in Japan.

Although Haruka loved to perform on stage she never sought the spotlight in her daily life. Perhaps the last thing she would want it to be the poster child for any cause. And yet, as we struggle to understand why she was killed, if her death can somehow make it safer for a young woman to walk home, if it will prevent another assault or murder, then at least we could find some meaning behind an otherwise senseless and tragic death. To her friends, the many of students at UT and at her high school in all the dance programs in which she participated we are united in prayer for Haruka and for each other. No parent, brother, sister or friend should have to face this kind of sadness, this kind of loss.

Yet, many do. And now we have joined that family. At UT, Haruka did make many friends and received so much support from this community. We know Haruka would not wish for us be stuck in sadness but to keep living life to the fullest; that is what we will try to do in the coming days. And we offer prayers and encouragement for you to do the same.

Thank you for respecting our privacy at this time.

Thank you for posting this. This is a lovely tribute to their daughter. These type of (very unfortunate) press releases always provide an inside glimpse of the victim's family and life. She comes across as a daughter any parent would be proud of.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellerybeans
Back