GUILTY TX - Hazana Anderson, 2, College Station, Brazos County, 28 Oct 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you all so much for your support (likes) as we commiserate over the loss of yet another young, innocent life. My frustrations got the better of me late last night and I posted/vented a little too harshly. Thankfully, the post was removed by the cooler heads of the overlords.

Moving on.... "Hazana" is a term, according to a google translation search, meaning "feet" in Malagasy (Madagascar, the island off the east coast of Africa).

As in, 'The pitter-patter of little....'

Only, in Heaven now.

My sympathies.

If she was killed a week ago, they would probably still be able to say yes this MOST LIKELY her, right?

It’s been a while since I’ve ventured to the body farm website
Its been super wet over here. If her body was in the water it could be in bad condition. It only cooled down a couple weeks ago so if she was down there for a month or more it would have also been hot.

3-year-old Rayven Shields; Mother, Boyfriend, Indicted Oct 25, 2018

This is the 2nd child murder case in Bryan/College Station in as many months.

I read this one a couple of nights ago when I couldn't sleep. This mother lost another small child, a 4-year-old boy, a few years ago. Her ex-husband was convicted of killing him. She has other kids of whom she doesn't have custody. Rayven was only in her mom's custody for a couple of weeks before she was last seen. It really seems like Children's Services dropped the ball here. I wonder if they're re-thinking her involvement in her son's death.

Sigh..... Just had neighbors come by trick or treating. They dressed their 5 year old boy/girl twins up as an ax murderer and a victim. No 5 year old would have made that choice. Somehow, tonight, I found no humor in it at all. I bit my tongue (till it bled).

Finding zero humor in this myself.

This should not even be in the consciousness of a 5 year old.

I’m sure had they knocked on the door of someone who had lost a family member to such violence, that person wouldn’t have found it funny either.

This actually makes me angry reading this.

Wth is wrong with people.

An adult Halloween party, that’s one thing, considering the “gruesome” nature of this holiday. But 5 year olds??

My tongue would have been bleeding as well. Who knows, I may have even said something to the parent (not in front of the children) knowing me.

..... I wonder if they're re-thinking her involvement in her son's death.

Yes. Lower in the article is a paragraph discussing that possibility, and a push for LE to take another look at the first case.

This is what set me alight late last night, thinking about all these horrible child cases.

Where is the love?

Finding zero humor in this myself.

This should not even be in the consciousness of a 5 year old.

I’m sure had they knocked on the door of someone who had lost a family member to such violence, that person wouldn’t have found it funny either.

This actually makes me angry reading this.

Wth is wrong with people.

An adult Halloween party, that’s one thing, considering the “gruesome” nature of this holiday. But 5 year olds??

My tongue would have been bleeding as well. Who knows, I may have even said something to the parent (not in front of the children) knowing me.
They seem to be good caring parents and the kids are so sweet that I am hoping this was just a momentary stumble. I just went out and bought a princess dress and an Ironman suit in a clearance sale to just casually give the kids.

So, the mother went from "dumping" Hazana on the father for days (weeks?) at a time, then did a complete 180 and wouldn't allow him to see her the last 2 months?

Was there a call made to police for a welfare check?
CPS?
Was there a custody agreement? One in the works?
Did family live nearby? How often did they see Hazana normally? How long since they last saw her?

Perhaps I'm too harsh/judgemental, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing cases on here where a child winds up dead at the hands of a PARENT or caregiver of all people and the other parent is just wrecked with grief.....but their actions to ensure their child was in a safe, happy, healthy environment was often minimal.

So, the mother went from "dumping" Hazana on the father for days (weeks?) at a time, then did a complete 180 and wouldn't allow him to see her the last 2 months?

CPS?
Did family live nearby? How often did they see Hazana normally? How long since they last saw her?

Perhaps I'm too harsh/judgemental, but I'm so sick and tired of seeing cases on here where a child winds up dead at the hands of a PARENT or caregiver of all people and the other parent is just wrecked with grief.....but their actions to ensure their child was in a safe, happy, healthy environment was often minimal.

BBM THANK YOU! I've been very confused at so many people feeling so horrible for the father. Been sitting on my hands, glad you spoke up.

I do think that's a tad harsh. In general most parents don't kill their children. Although on here it seems that is typical it is by far no where close to common. I think it is safe to assume that most parents would never in a million years think the other parent would harm their child. Despite messy divorces and marital problems most parents do still think the other parent loves the child and will keep that child safe. I know if I divorced my husband and kept our child from him for months or even years that no where in even the darkest part of his mind would he think I would ever harm our child. Perhaps that was the case here ... whatever problems mom and dad had he probably never in a million years thought she would ever hurt their baby. Perhaps he may have been frustrated with her and the situation but felt the child was safe and loved with her own mother. Fighting for custody can be expensive. I can imagine he might have felt that calling the police for a welfare check would most likely only anger the mom and not help the situation. Do we know if he had knowledge of her every hurting this child before? If not then calling CPS would most likely not have entered his mind as an option (not to mention CPS wouldn't do anything if there was no suspected abuse and/or neglect). /my2cents

Thank you all so much for your support (likes) as we commiserate over the loss of yet another young, innocent life. My frustrations got the better of me late last night and I posted/vented a little too harshly. Thankfully, the post was removed by the cooler heads of the overlords.

Moving on.... "Hazana" is a term, according to a google translation search, meaning "feet" in Malagasy (Madagascar, the island off the east coast of Africa).

As in, 'The pitter-patter of little....'

Only, in Heaven now.

My sympathies.
Sending you hugs x

CPS?

ITA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back