GUILTY TX - Hazana Anderson, 2, College Station, Brazos County, 28 Oct 2018 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Just as soon as they have official identification and COD we will see murder charges.
I agree! I *think* Texas law requires a Grand Jury indictment (True Bill) in order to file murder charges. If that's correct we should see it happen pretty quickly. And since Hazana was a child (I've seen under 6 and under 10) this might become a capital case. I'm not a lawyer but I'd sure like to see that happen even if the prosecutor doesn't pursue the death penalty!

ETA: I think the age limit was raised to a child under 10 in 2011.

I found the mother's parent's address. They live in a VERY nice neighborhood. She was not the product of the inner city by any means. But I agree with you completely on babies having babies.....
Thank you, Grace. I have two sons. One is an upstanding pillar of the community. The other has had.... troubles. To include living in Section 8 living accommodations; an estranged marriage; child support payments; etc. Been there, lived that.

So, while I didn't mention 'inner city' particularly, I did imply that world. And while the grandmother may live in nice neighborhood, it by no means requires the mother to abide by that environment. Did you read the news link of her boyfriend? Not a good guy....
Boyfriend of missing girl's mother arrested in Galveston County

Obversely, the father has conducted himself in an honorable manor considering the extreme stress he has been under, and the subsequent results of the loss of his baby.

Last edited:
If mom's boyfriend was arrested in Galveston and she was still up here I wonder if that means he took her down there?

Don't know, Daisy. But it seems there was quite a period of time that the father had last seen his daughter, and the mother's appearance at Gabbard Park last Sunday. Several weeks may have elapsed. Strictly speculation on my part, though.

I read this one a couple of nights ago when I couldn't sleep. This mother lost another small child, a 4-year-old boy, a few years ago. Her ex-husband was convicted of killing him. She has other kids of whom she doesn't have custody. Rayven was only in her mom's custody for a couple of weeks before she was last seen. It really seems like Children's Services dropped the ball here. I wonder if they're re-thinking her involvement in her son's death.
Just like Jhessye Shockley, her Mom jerice hunter only had her a short time before she killed her also. These cases stay with you :(

Interesting. Just before the 0:48 mark in the interview, the father states that an article of clothing found on the body was identical to what the mother had described Hazana as wearing.

I thought LE found the clothing described as well as a "mystery item" in a black bag found in a dumpster?

So she was wearing some of the clothing described and the rest of the clothing was in the black bag in the dumpster I guess?

Twitter

Interesting. Just before the 0:48 mark in the interview, the father states that an article of clothing found on the body was identical to what the mother had described Hazana as wearing.

I thought LE found the clothing described as well as a "mystery item" in a black bag found in a dumpster?

So she was wearing some of the clothing described and the rest of the clothing was in the black bag in the dumpster I guess?

Twitter
She could have had doubles of the outfit.

If mom's boyfriend was arrested in Galveston and she was still up here I wonder if that means he took her down there?
My guess would be that mom was at boyfriends with Hazana when the "accident" happened and she brought clothing and unknown object in the bag back to the park to try and set up the abduction. Didn't quite work out for them though.

I’ve been quietly following along. It’s maddening. I’m glad this sweet baby was found. To bad it wasn’t before she was killed. When cases like this happen I always wonder how we can help prevent them. Aggressive intervention, more support for parents, a stronger foster and DCF system? I don’t know...probably all of the above and more. I wish I could help. It’s heartbreaking.

I know that Texas has a law that allows anyone to give a baby to law enforcement or any sort of first responder, such as a fireman, with no questions asked. Does anyone know the age limit? With this law in place, I find myself even more confused by cases like this. You can just give the baby away! Why not do that rather than such a horrible thing and facing the consequences?

EDIT: I found that the law, called SafeHaven or Baby Moses has an age limit of within 60 days old, so it wouldn't have applied.

Correct, a parent or caregiver murdering their child is not common (thankfully!) However, what does seem to be common in such cases is a child who has often slipped through the cracks, signs that trouble was looming, another parent being absent or lacking in stability themselves in some way. And in a case where a child has been murdered, that is never an isolated incident but rather an ongoing escalating issue.

If a mother who you, as the father, previously described as a good doting mother prior to your breakup is now suddenly "dumping" the child off on you for days & weeks at a time, there is an issue; something is clearly going on when someone's parenting and sense of responsibility changes that drastically. Then, suddenly no contact for two months. Another drastic and sudden change.

Calling the cops would anger the mother and make matters worse? He hadn't laid eyes on her in two months...what did he have to lose at that point? Her not allowing him to see her? She was already doing that.

Custody can be expensive, especially when parents don't agree, but it's also not only wealthy families with kids getting divorced or putting custody agreements into place.

Being in a safe, stable environment where the child is properly cared for and will thrive should be the goal and what you ensure for your child....not just the belief that the other parent isn't harming or going to murder them. Are they making it to school on time? Do they have food and clean clothes? Is there something they need and don't have? Are they being supervised or often left to their own devices? Is there something the the custodial parent needs? Are they handling being a single parent okay or do they need assistance with something that would benefit my child.

The writing was on the wall here,way back when she started "dumping" Hazana on him for long periods of time unexpectedly.

that "Dumping" word is really p$#@$% me off badly !

I know that Texas has a law that allows anyone to give a baby to law enforcement or any sort of first responder, such as a fireman, with no questions asked. Does anyone know the age limit? With this law in place, I find myself even more confused by cases like this. You can just give the baby away! Why not do that rather than such a horrible thing and facing the consequences?

EDIT: I found that the law, called SafeHaven or Baby Moses has an age limit of within 60 days old, so it wouldn't have applied.

IMO they really need to increase that age , I think until age 2 at least I think the toddler stage, its happening far too often and I see a lot of young girls acting like CA did , I imagine the number of toddlers being benedryl -ed so mom has time to party etc are more than we want to know about!

I’ve been quietly following along. It’s maddening. I’m glad this sweet baby was found. To bad it wasn’t before she was killed. When cases like this happen I always wonder how we can help prevent them. Aggressive intervention, more support for parents, a stronger foster and DCF system? I don’t know...probably all of the above and more. I wish I could help. It’s heartbreaking.
The DCF is seriously dysfunctional in most cites. In Chicago recently 10 children on a family sleepover died in a house fire. There were no working smoke detectors or adults in the home. Child services had been called to investigate the 4 mothers of the victims 37 times and nothing was done.

The DCF is seriously dysfunctional in most cites. In Chicago recently 10 children on a family sleepover died in a house fire. There were no working smoke detectors or adults in the home. Child services had been called to investigate the 4 mothers of the victims 37 times and nothing was done.
Yes, Children’s services are a mess pretty much everywhere and are failing daily. They need to be a stronger agency, more workers, better organized, gaps filled and accountability need to be in place...also the public needs to step up and provide good, stable, and safe foster homes so they can pull these kids from dangerous situations. I know I fail in that department along with many others. When the public is truly involved on a personal level with these kids changes will happen. I would not ever want to be a social worker in todays world. It would be so defeating.

"Lovingly placed" doesn't seem applicable here.
"Lovingly placed" doesn't seem applicable here.

Well you have a point , I just don't like it when a parent says "my SO dumped my child on me " Geeze its your child , you should not feel like it was dumped on you, you should be glad to have the time! That's all I was saying :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back