TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been out and about in the area. I haven't seen anything.

Thank you CrimeDawg for your excellent transcription yesterday, I think. I was trying so hard to catch up that I failed to mention it.
And as always, @PommyMommy for all you do. You always make catching up so much easier. Thanks too, to anybody I missed. It's very appreciated.

We only have SC saying he told her he would be home early and we know at least her son would need to be picked up from school, but we don’t know if she would typically do pickup.

There is also an older child from SC’s previous marriage, but no confirmation if HB had care of her at any point during the day. SC has made comments like “making the kidS lunches”, but hasn’t said specifically that his daughter was with them. But Margo wouldn’t need a lunch sooo?

moo
According to the SC interview, his ex-wife and child moved to Austin around the same time he and HB did because SC's father had cancer. Didn't catch him saying "the kids' lunches" ... interesting ...

I have been watching this thread and not participating much because I've been sitting on my hands and actually, still am, to a degree.

I originally was thinking pretty much what everyone else has been thinking and then I had an "aha" moment when I truly believed that she had just up and left for safety reasons. However, I backtracked on that due to comments about her son and the type of relationship she has with her son. I get a woman feeling unsafe and leaving with a baby, but, I can't reconcile, leaving with one child, while leaving the other behind. I do not believe she would do that.

I can't help but think that foul play is at work here. Quite frankly, I can't imagine what else could be happening.

Would someone bring me up to date on one thing please. Do we know if LE has forensically gone through Heidi's apartment with a fine tooth comb? My feeling is that whatever happened, occurred in that apartment.

There has to be security video somewhere that shows her leaving the building - one way - or the other. I think LE is waiting on phone info. I know it takes a while to get that information from the phone companies but, as in so many other cases, phone pings tell the tale.

My final comment is that I don't believe this is a random crime, it was either planned or something escalated and things went very wrong very fast.

MOO

I can go along with that too! But I also don't think SHE THINKS her son is in danger, as he was technically left in a safe place for a period of time. Perhaps I should go back to sitting on my hands too? ;) Because IMHO, this one is pretty hinky for the info we have.

We only have SC saying he told her he would be home early and we know at least her son would need to be picked up from school, but we don’t know if she would typically do pickup.

There is also an older child from SC’s previous marriage, but no confirmation if HB had care of her at any point during the day. SC has made comments like “making the kidS lunches”, but hasn’t said specifically that his daughter was with them. But Margo wouldn’t need a lunch sooo?

moo

TY for your info/reply!

I noticed that, too, about SC saying making "kidS" lunches. IIRC, he also said he woke the "kidS" up that morning.

Searching apartments in the complex? If LE is locked in on an unnamed and undeclared "POI", what use is it to search other people's apartments?

Is LE possibly not looking at that "POI" as much as some would think, and are grasping at this point? I'm confused by this.
I was wondering if they were suspicious of another tenant. Are they searching every single apartment, or just certain ones?

She seemed close enough to be shocked HB hadn’t told her.

Was just something to ponder...

This friend didn't seem to be in contact with Heidi on a steady basis. It's possible she got on HB's nerves. You never know which of your acquaintances is going to blab their opinions, or your secrets if they even know them, to the press when a case is hot.

I'm thinking about Teresa Sievers's partner/friend LS giving the most inappropriate info to LE and press to help solve her murder.

She could be the kind of friend that makes you feel criticized all the time. HB might've found out she was pregnant and got stuck staying with him.

I have this one friend that I don't trust with hardly any info. She can't keep a secret. She likes to bring up past emotional tidbits whenever she feels like it and not worry if it'll upset me. So, I wish we could hear from her Mom who had just spent lots of time there, or another closer friend.

This is all JMO.

Posting this again out of laziness to find another article.
Friend reveals Heidi Broussard went through 'rocky break-up' with fiancé earlier this year | Daily Mail Online

Why would police tell the CBS station in Austin that they don’t believe a search would be useful at this point? That was posted earlier on here, though I can’t find the link.

Welllll they didn't say a search would be useful. They said civilians wouldn't necessarily be helpful and if they needed us they'd ask.

I have been watching this thread and not participating much because I've been sitting on my hands and actually, still am, to a degree.

I originally was thinking pretty much what everyone else has been thinking and then I had an "aha" moment when I truly believed that she had just up and left for safety reasons. However, I backtracked on that due to comments about her son and the type of relationship she has with her son. I get a woman feeling unsafe and leaving with a baby, but, I can't reconcile, leaving with one child, while leaving the other behind. I do not believe she would do that.

I can't help but think that foul play is at work here. Quite frankly, I can't imagine what else could be happening.

Would someone bring me up to date on one thing please. Do we know if LE has forensically gone through Heidi's apartment with a fine tooth comb? My feeling is that whatever happened, occurred in that apartment.

There has to be security video somewhere that shows her leaving the building - one way - or the other. I think LE is waiting on phone info. I know it takes a while to get that information from the phone companies but, as in so many other cases, phone pings tell the tale.

My final comment is that I don't believe this is a random crime, it was either planned or something escalated and things went very wrong very fast.

MOO
For me, it’s not even “if she would” do something like that. It’s more, “if she could” do something like that, and not leave any trace.

I say this because we cannot ever fully get inside someone’s head, especially if we don’t know them.

I think the answer is no, as the circumstances, the time that has passed, and the organizations involved, just don’t make that very plausible. There would have been a sign of that found by now.

So I’m strongly in the foul play camp.

As for what has been done forensically to that apartment, we just don’t know. I’d put a lot of money on it being fully processed though, as that’s the last place she was known to be (as far as we know).

So he says

If HB’s mom stayed with them a period of time she’ll have a lot for LE.
This 1,000x over. Mom's got good info. Mom also hasn't been seen on camera with SC. These cases will unite a family for the shared goal of finding their loved one. (We saw Mollie Tibbetts' parents present a united front, for example.) *Birthday Disclaimer - this is all MOO, courtesy of my imaginary online associates degree in armchair sleuthing.

Sam Brock‏Verified account @SamBrockNBC
Tonight two close friends of #HeidiBroussard- the Austin mother still missing w/her baby girl- speak exclusively to @NBCNews about how there is ‘no way, ever,’ the mom would leave town without her son. @Austin_Police say they’re leaving all options open. @NBCNightlyNews

EMLr6jHXUAAPewk.jpg

This 1,000x over. Mom's got good info. Mom also hasn't been seen on camera with SC. These cases will unite a family for the shared goal of finding their loved one. (We saw Mollie Tibbetts' parents present a united front, for example.) *Birthday Disclaimer - this is all MOO, courtesy of my imaginary online associates degree in armchair sleuthing.
Mom didn’t mention him in her interview either. Says a lot imo.

if SC was coming home at 1:40 why wouldn't he be the one to pick up their son from school so HB didn't have to go down 3 flights of stairs with a newborn?
Or maybe he was going to stay with the baby, and HB just go out on her own to get him. I think it's more about routine, he normally is working but just happened to get off early that day.

FBI asking to search homes near missing mother, newborn apartment

This week, FBI agents continue combing the area, speaking with neighbors and asking to search homes.

Taylor Riordan lives two floors below Heidi and Margot. He tells us an agent asked for consent to enter his apartment and looked around. "They did their flashlight thing checked around checking in closets stuff like that—trying to make sure there was nothing hidden or strange and out of the ordinary," says Riordan.

People living in homes behind the fence that backs up to the complex tell CBS Austin they, too have gotten knocks on the door. One woman says FBI agents asked to come in her backyard and looked near the fence line of her property.
This bothers me, a bit, if they haven't completely scoured the apartment itself - down to ripping up floor boards.

It sounds almost as if they aren't really sure where to look. But I might be overlooking something.

Someone had posted the Target and Amazon baby registries. It struck me how few items were purchased for them. Literally only a few things out of dozens of items. I'm not sure what conclusion to draw, but in my mind I am making the connection that this could be the sign of a very troubled relationship.
Margo was also not their first child together. I’m from the South and many traditionalists consider it bad etiquette/tacky to request gifts and/or host baby showers for persons already having had a child in recent years. It does tend to differ somewhat when the gender of new baby is different, which is the case here. However, I completely agree with your statement that it could very well also be a sign that they had few close friends due to a strained/tumultuous/isolating relationship. Good catch. JMO.

Texas DOT website has links to traffic cameras in Austin - looks like pretty extensive coverage on highways.

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac and have a camera that catches the comings and goings of everyone on the street - if someone were to abduct, or dispose of, one of my neighbors, and go undetected, they'd have to do everything via an alley, and I recently noticed that some telecom equipment on a pole in the alley is protected with a camera.

I just don't see how anyone could transport a person, or persons, in an urban area and not be tracked. Makes me wonder if that's the reason for the door-to-door search in the immediate area of the apartment complex - like if LE has seen enough footage to feel that they never left the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot