TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margo Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

That timeline isn't reliable IMO, though. I looked through the slides, and they revert to statements about the front door of the residence being open: "[Shane's] front door open"; and also "Cowan Elementary calls Shane", which he (I know, I know) has said is untrue ("the school never called").

see though, that isn’t necessarily true. I was super close to the people I hid everything from. Guilt and shame and feeling like a failure are really powerful feelings that make us do weird things. And if he was abusive and was trying to alienate her from people maybe she didn’t tell anyone anything. We can’t judge their friendship based off that. S/he is so far the only friend saying anything at all it seems.

What you say is partly true; however, my sister is too much of a control freak to tell her friends anything lest they think her less than perfect. BUT, that doesn't mean she doesn't tell anyone anything negative. Rather, what it does mean is, she takes it out on my parents, and spends hours quizzing them about her separation, her workplace snafus, etc., etc., de facto making them work as "best friends". Well, we've got Heidi's parents instead of/in addition to her friends, and none of the family members have said anything that contradicts anything that the friends have said. They haven't provided the same amount of information, that's true; but they're not contradicting the friends' stories either.

Another thing that doesn’t sit right for me is the fact that all who have spoken out about Heidi (aside from SC) continually repeats she would not leave her son (and I definitely agree)

But not a one of them has mentioned she would not leave Shane. Could mean nothing or could mean everything. MOO

Fair enough, but on another level I think we have to count this as net zero for a clue; because we've now heard that Heidi in fact has left Shane already in the past. If they stoutly averred she could "never" leave him in the light of such information, they'd look like idiots.

Perhaps, but either way people will say you appear suspicious. Why do it to yourself? I wouldn't care what the general public thought about me not doing an interview.

I also wouldn't care what the general public thinks about what I do in my interviews either, especially when a 3-week-old baby is at stake; so I'm also thinking these things cancel each other out.

I find these photos sooooo different that the person who has been giving interviews. Like, they are completely different.

Well, for starters, either SC is graying or he's dyed his hair blonde, because those pictures from the DM are clearly dark-haired; especially the one of him in the purple shirt. Those interview videos weren't those of a dark-haired gentleman.

His fb is off limits
Can I ask you a favor, please? Can you just use the report button if you think a post is in violation of TOS? (Including this one if you like.)

Quoting the post that may be in violation and continuing to argue back and forth about it is going to get the thread shut down AGAIN because if the initial post needs to be removed, so will all these pages of replies to it.

I am not a moderator and neither are you. Can you please quit telling everyone what they can and can't post? Because I think the majority of us are genuinely concerned about Heidi and Margo's welfare and would like to see this thread stay open. MOO

Last edited:
The Incident Card lists a specific apartment for the offense location. I'm not sure about Texas but in Pennsylvania, the family disturbance would have occurred in that specific apartment. If the complainant's address is different from the location of the offense/call for service, that address would be listed separately.

My oldest child is with someone other than my husband. When her father and I were a young couple - we would fight and I would threaten to leave him with the baby and he would very often call the police on me and on several occasions- he would have me arrested for "harassment". Every charge was dropped. Eventually I did leave and this continued on until my daughter was fifteen years old. I would have him served with child support court summons (he would go two or three years without paying a dime)- he would call and report me to police for "harassment". I would ask him why my daughter said she was with a babysitter all weekend- he would call the cops.
I'm simply letting everyone know that there are some calls to police that are made as a way to keep someone controlled and actually turn out to be nothing. No crime occurred. A call to a home is certainly not a conviction or proof that any crime has ever occurred. Now, I certainly do not know the dynamics of the relationship between SC and HB, but just asking for everyone to keep an open mind about those sorts of things.

Do we know she used the carrier for the baby?

I avoided using it as much as I could, leaving it in the car whenever possible because it was heavy and awkward to carry. Then again I’m very petite and not very strong. It FLOORS me when I see other moms with the carrier hooked in their arms like it’s nbd! Supermoms!

Anyway, if I lived in a third floor apartment, my priorities would have been the baby and my purse. I’d have my purse on one shoulder and baby in my arms. Diaper bag co
uld wait, especially if I had diaper supplies in the house. Get inside, put baby in safe place- crib, pack n play, bassinet, lock door, then race down stairs, grab stuff and race back up.

In Texas so it can’t be too cold right? Was it raining? One reason to keep baby in carrier would be for protection from weather elements.

Not really sure where I’m going with this, but just adding my perspective :)

I have no problem picturing most mothers not using a carrier to take their tiny baby with them when just popping out to collect the mail. Two weeks old is so tiny. Baby in a sling (keys in hand, phone in pocket) and you'll have both hands for handling the mail/mailbox.

I'm a Minnesota girl and that sounds awful lol. Anything over 75 is too hot IMO lol.
I am NOT fond of the heat, bugs, electric bill in summer. I also LOVE snow and we rarely ever get any and usually when we do it is sleet that melts away not long after falling. I would LOVE 4 real seasons instead of out Texas ones- Very warm, hot, hotter, less hot...

I have no problem picturing most mothers not using a carrier to take their tiny baby with them when just popping out to collect the mail. Two weeks old is so tiny. Baby in a sling (keys in hand, phone in pocket) and you'll have both hands for handling the mail/mailbox.
So what do you make of the massive time gap? At least 5.5 hours if we believe his version. Up to 12 if we don’t.
Even if we say he fell asleep or passed out in a drunken stupor (how’d he pick up his son in that case?) he should have been massively alarmed when he awoke. He should have called right then and asked a friend to get his son.

moo

When I search the 12th, there are 1753 incidents. This is not one of them. I have searched for the address, protions of the address, names and it's listed by time, so looked around the time she was reported missing, I don't see it. Weird. I also checked the "searchable offenses", kidnapping, missing adult, etc are all listed, so it's not like they don't list these offences.
Someone found the call, but it was on one of those crime map sites, not APD. Was it MassGuy maybe? Pommy probably knows, she knows everything :p

Probably because it's an ongoing investigation.
Maybe, but I have been looking through the other incidents that have been reported in that database and it seems there are a lot that are "ongoing", some have investigators assigned, some have "victims" listed, some have arrestee's listed, and if it's a minor, it says **minor**.

I just thought it was odd is all. It's not like I don't believe it was reported, just wanted to see what they had listed for the offence/incident.

BBM - I don’t think people missing loved ones care. I personally would take any chance.

And getting descriptions out - that’s part of the problem here. SC gave 3 separate interviews and none of them gave a personal description of HB or his daughter. No information on what they might be wearing when he last saw them. No photo being held up to camera.

moo
The police really did not either. In the age of social media- I assume they know that what they have released this far is already out there. I knew what this poor woman looked like before I even clicked on the first article.

This story is just killing me. Not just a mother with a newborn, but a daggum Cajun. There's just something about people from Louisiana that you can't help but love. I am so tore up by this story. I went to Central Market earlier and just about cried when I saw a woman with a little baby. This is so awful.

Someone found the call, but it was on one of those crime map sites, not APD. Was it MassGuy maybe? Pommy probably knows, she knows everything :p
Ha! I think that was @missy1974 who found it, but she couldn’t find any calls corresponding to this past week. I don’t mind taking credit though!

Can I ask you a favor, please? Can you just use the report button if you think a post is in violation of

just FYI - there appear to be controls on who sees a report button. I don’t see one on any posts. I say this because my full time job is running a forum so I was curious about why there was no report button here. I think that’s only available to users with x number of posts or some other criteria.

Since you are a local, I'm curious about your opinion or thoughts. This has been a week now, are people expressing concern for safety? I don't think APD has said that there is or isn't a public safety issue, so I'm curious about the local perspective. TIA :)

That is so well-worded, Missy... I can just hear that being asked in a reporter's tone and inflection.
Are you a reporter? If not, perhaps you shoudl be!
:)

The police really did not either. In the age of social media- I assume they know that what they have released this far is already out there. I knew what this poor woman looked like before I even clicked on the first article.
There’s a reason police did not, imo, and it’s not because of the internet.

jmo

So what do you make of the massive time gap? At least 5.5 hours if we believe his version. Up to 12 if we don’t.
Even if we say he fell asleep or passed out in a drunken stupor (how’d he pick up his son in that case?) he should have been massively alarmed when he awoke. He should have called right then and asked a friend to get his son.

moo

I really have no idea how to attach links here, but I just saw an article earlier that quoted that SC arrived home at 1:40. and that not long after that he was contacted by the school. I believe it said around 2. I have yet to see anything other than a Facebook post by a friend who quoted 6pm. I never hear him say 6 either. I think there may be some issue with this whole timeline and the missing 5 hours.

How often do these pleas and interviews with family members bring a baby back? Or anyone for that matter?
I agree that getting a face and a description out to the public is important. It is the public that very often brings the missing back. Getting that information out is important. Maybe even a press conference I could see, but how does it benefit this man to keep putting himself out there to have the public label him a suspect when police haven't even done so?
BBM:

It benefits him in this way:

The more vocal and visible he is to the public eye, the more likely the public is to maintain interest in the case.
The public has a notoriously short attention span.
Yesterday's news is yesterday's news.

It really isn't about how this benefits SC, though.

It's about how it benefits HB and MC.

Locating the two of them trumps any concerns related to public perception of him.

Or, it should, anyway.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members