Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBBM
Watch and listen to all of the interviews/statements. Here are a few examples:

6AM- wakes up and snoozes alarm (Fox interview)

6:15- wakes up and starts morning routine (Fox and ABC)

6:30- wakes up children and HB (ABC and Fox)

6:40- wakes up children and HB (stated first in Fox interview) states they had a late start

6:40- leaves for work - last time sees HB

7:30-7:45- HB calls- discuss $25 dollars she spent on 3 books- last time made contact (ABC)

8AM- HB calls- they talk about book fair (CBS, ABC)

8:15-8:30- H calls sometime after 8 after book fair- probably around 8:15 (Fox)

1PM- leaves work

1:40- arrives home and calls HB. Her phone is off.

2PM- comes home, HB and baby are missing but everything else is inside house (CBS)

2PM-comes home, HB and baby are gone, car door is unlocked, everything is home but HB and baby, her keys and phone- those are gone (ABC)

*This changes even more as regards where her purse was (home/car/home).

Sometime after 2- School calls for son to be picked up- when she isn’t home after he returns, he calls police (ABC)

Sometime after 2- Picks son up from daycare and heats up his lunch. Then calls his dad, her friends, then the police (Fox)

7:15-7:30- Shane called police (Fox)

7:30- Police arrive.

This appears to answer my question!

Was it the first evening? I don't know.

In his interviews he said he felt helpless and didn't know where to look. In an apartment complex, the dumpsters should be checked, imo. However, he didn't say anything about combing the complex grounds, which I would do and insist the police do, as well. Doesn't mean he didn't but he didn't mention it remains a question mark.

Police should check dumpsters because they're checking all bases. It just doesn't seem a place I'd think a parent/spouse of a missing person would look?

At that point a person would normally be thinking about the hope that the missing person will just turn up, call or walk through the door, and they'll turn out to be fine. People worry and think about what 'could' have potentially gone wrong to cause the missing person to not be home....for an adult you might worry they've been in a car accident, except that Heidi's car wasn't missing. Maybe you'd worry that there had been a medical emergency with the baby and that's why all the stuff is at home but not the baby or her mom?

He says that he's currently concerned that they might have been kidnapped. But in none of these scenarios can I see any urgent need to search the apartment complex dumpsters.

ETA:
And with this, he ran the risk of contaminating possible evidence.

Beyond that, he stated he was searching for her keys. YMMV: but if I were concerned for my newborn and SO, I would have qualified my search reason: for my missing persons. Not keys ...And besides, didn’t he say nothing was missing?

Note: I’m not accusing. I am simply noting his own words and actions

I thought someone else said keys and not clues. My thought on searching a dumpster for keys is that surely one would be searching for the missing people and not a set of keys? Looking for 'clues' in a dumpster, looking for bodies in a dumpster, or searching for keys, all seem very unusual choices to me.

I did this last, just when the thread got closed:

1:01 He uses her name - Heidi
1:21/22 Uses her name, again
1:25/26 Chokes up when he says it's Heidi's first day taking Margo, by herself
1:37 Uses Heidi's name
1:58 "She was making lunch, right before I left" - smiles
2:28 "she bought three books" - smiles
2:37-46 recounting their AM phone conversion about the books, "I tell her I love you, good bye" - he pauses, smiles, laughs and says "Aw, man, this is hard" (obvious question - what's hard?)
3:00-08 Pausing, smiles, struggles with what to say, says he's been repeating it all day and sighs
3:20-27 reporter asks is she should move on with another question and he says no, it's a good question, smiling, says it's a weird situation, laughs again
3:38-52 really struggling, doesn't know what to say, says he needs to stand up (indicates, to me - MOO - extreme stress/fight or flight/feeling trapped - though he welcomes questions, it should be noted - causes me anxiety just to watch it - no judgement as to source of his stress, just observing)
4:29-35 dad got cancer, chokes up, literally pushes that feeling away by waving his hand, three times and smiles/laughs (my take - emotional guy who pushes away pain)
Camera man begins to play director and I'm stopping there.

Anyone feel free to copy & paste the above and pick up where I left off. Too time consuming for me!

It seems like both times he was talking about the day it happened, once he got to the $25 part, he basically doesn’t continue describing things. That is when he seems the most stressed. Moo

I had assumed as someone else stated, can't remember who, but a local like me mentioned after school care. It is a program for working parents where their kids can play, have snacks, do homework, and be supervised until parents come to get them and normally runs until 6pm so kids have a safe place while their parents get finished with work and can pick them up. My daughter was in the program. She loved it. Maybe the boy was in this program too. If not, this IS a red flag.

absolutely. I can see this as a possibility. But it still begs the question: did it ever occur to him how the child was going to get home if moms car is parked in front of the home and mom is unaccounted for...

Maybe he had a reasonable explanation- which he just failed to mention

Yes but he was home and she didn’t have her car. So by 6, when she wasn’t there rushing in saying, “Oh my gosh! Sorry I was at the neighbor’s for over four hours with no diapers, wipes or bottles, I’m late to pick up S. Can you take the baby while I get him?”, why in the absolute hell is HE not the one calling the school to see if she has been there. He knows what time his kid comes home. He knows his partner doesn’t have her car. He claims he thought she was at a neighbor’s. Yet obviously did not walk over there to check.

I wish at least one of the reporters had asked what he was doing between 1:40 and 6:00.
I really "like" this!

RSBBM
Watch and listen to all of the interviews/statements. Here are a few examples:

6AM- wakes up and snoozes alarm (Fox interview)

6:15- wakes up and starts morning routine (Fox and ABC)

6:30- wakes up children and HB (ABC and Fox)

6:40- wakes up children and HB (stated first in Fox interview) states they had a late start

6:40- leaves for work - last time sees HB

7:30-7:45- HB calls- discuss $25 dollars she spent on 3 books- last time made contact (ABC)

8AM- HB calls- they talk about book fair (CBS, ABC)

8:15-8:30- H calls sometime after 8 after book fair- probably around 8:15 (Fox)

1PM- leaves work

1:40- arrives home and calls HB. Her phone is off.

2PM- comes home, HB and baby are missing but everything else is inside house (CBS)

2PM-comes home, HB and baby are gone, car door is unlocked, everything is home but HB and baby, her keys and phone- those are gone (ABC)

*This changes even more as regards where her purse was (home/car/home).

Sometime after 2- School calls for son to be picked up- when she isn’t home after he returns, he calls police (ABC)

Sometime after 2- Picks son up from daycare and heats up his lunch. Then calls his dad, her friends, then the police (Fox)

7:15-7:30- called police (Fox)

7:30- Police arrive.

The morning phone call about the books, I don't find to be much of a discrepancy. It was around 8AM +/-. The call from the school - did he actually 2PM because I thought it was around 6PM.

About Heidi's car being there when he returned home from work :
This means if she left, let's say, to a friend's --- she was walking. With a baby.
So why not take the diaper bag and phone ?
Even if she was in the same apt. building ?

So did he go around the place knocking on doors of friends ?
Did they have many friends that lived close enough ?

And if she went off in a car with a friend, she still would've taken the diaper bag and her purse/phone.
Just curious why he didn't get worried sooner.
Maybe he took a nap and thought she really was out with a friend.
If he thought she was out, he might not have looked for her purse , phone , or the diaper bag-- he would assume she had those with her.

I would have called around to other friends of hers and started to get worried .
Or at least a little annoyed at first-- as in --"What ? You left to go shopping and didn't remember your phone and baby's diaper bag ? What were you thinking?"

But Heidi strikes me as a caring mom and maybe that's why SC thinks she was taken ?

Maybe a man thinks differently and is less paranoid than some women.

Police should check dumpsters because they're checking all bases. It just doesn't seem a place I'd think a parent/spouse of a missing person would look?

At that point a person would normally be thinking about the hope that the missing person will just turn up, call or walk through the door, and they'll turn out to be fine. People worry and think about what 'could' have potentially gone wrong to cause the missing person to not be home....for an adult you might worry they've been in a car accident, except that Heidi's car wasn't missing. Maybe you'd worry that there had been a medical emergency with the baby and that's why all the stuff is at home but not the baby or her mom?

He says that he's currently concerned that they might have been kidnapped. But in none of these scenarios can I see any urgent need to search the apartment complex dumpsters.

ETA:

I thought someone else said keys and not clues. My thought on searching a dumpster for keys is that surely one would be searching for the missing people and not a set of keys? Looking for 'clues' in a dumpster, looking for bodies in a dumpster, or searching for keys, all seem very unusual choices to me.
thanks Amonet, I edited my post. ITA too. Yes, I know everyone will react differently. But lord knows my reaction would be: call the school, neighbors, friend, family and LE.

If the keys happened to drop out of the sky I’d be “mmmkay, don’t care, where is HB and baby?”

Crazy how we can watch the same video and it's perceived or heard in so many different ways. I hear his Dad saying 'just hand me the phone'. SC says "I don't care about the phone" as he's looking at it and silencing it.

I haven't watched all of the first video (got about half way), but just watched all of the 2nd video, he seems believable and concerned and not odd at all in the 2nd one. He looks exhausted and IMO the emotions look real and genuine too.

One has five syllables. The other phrase has seven. I heard seven.

The morning phone call about the books, I don't find to be much of a discrepancy. It was around 8AM +/-. The call from the school - did he actually 2PM because I thought it was around 6PM.
Just pointing out discrepancies.

Each to his/her own interpretation concerning importance, of course.

Regarding the school calls, iirc, no specific time given - just sometime after 2pm.

The call was around 6 pm, obviously, since the son hadn't been picked up by the normal time.

Yes but he was home and she didn’t have her car. So by 6, when she wasn’t there rushing in saying, “Oh my gosh! Sorry I was at the neighbor’s for over four hours with no diapers, wipes or bottles, I’m late to pick up S. Can you take the baby while I get him?”, why in the absolute hell is HE not the one calling the school to see if she has been there. He knows what time his kid comes home. He knows his partner doesn’t have her car. He claims he thought she was at a neighbor’s. Yet obviously did not walk over there to check.

I wish at least one of the reporters had asked what he was doing between 1:40 and 6:00.
I really "like" this!
I noticed that too. Wedding dresses, Wedding décor, Bridesmaid dresses... Makes me sad. :( MOO
Do the posts indicate "when" those posts were made? Recently, or a couple years ago?

My opinions on the interviews and also Just to clarify...

After he got the call that no one had gotten his son from the daycare program, he went & picked him up. He brought him home & started making phone calls to her friends, his dad, the police. Also during this time, he gave his son a leftover sandwich & his son cried that he wanted it grilled? Huh?

He becomes emotional talking about grilling the sandwich. Also, when he brings up HB could have $4 in her bank account, but still would give to others. Also, when he says Margot's name one time.

Also, notice in the interview when his dad stands beside him. Watch his dad & the times he swallows hard. They are at interesting times, for example during the purse inconsistencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lillianlily