Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
DEC 16, 2019
Volunteer groups say they're ready to help in search for missing Austin mom & her newborn
[…]

"It is without a doubt something that concerns the whole community. There is great concern from our team. We want to make sure there is every last resource that applies," said Brandon Goering, TEXSAR board vice chairman.

The non-profit offers trained search teams and cadaver dogs plus consulting services for law enforcement agencies. "We provide consultation as far as lost person behavior," said Goering. "There's a lot of science and statistics that go into the different lost person behavior types."

In order for the agency to step in, APD would have to request for their help. Something he says hasn't happened yet. "Quite often when they get a narrowed search area and some place that they can apply those assets, that's when we will be called in," Goering said.

[…]

You make me think about something. He keeps bringing up the $25. That was clearly a BIG deal. And he spoke to her by phone less than an hour and a half after he left for work. And they talked about money and books.

Doesn’t sound like an uninvolved and nonchalant dad to me. Why would they be connecting quickly after he left the house and have the type of relationship where they talk that soon after they part ways but then he’s unconcerned when his partner and newborn baby are gone for HOURS with no diaper bag, no purse, no car, no calls, no texts, phone is off?

So I’m scratching of he’s an uninvolved, uncaring mate as an excuse for why he wasn’t alarmed and failed to call the cops for six hours. What’s left is he possibly came home exhausted and passed out. Or drank and passed out.

Still, that doesn’t explain why he waited for an entire hour after being awake to call cops, under those circumstances. Because now you know it’s been five hours of no contact, mom and baby gone with no diaper bag, no purse, no car. Son wasn’t picked up by mom and school had to call dad (which he omits from a couple of interviews). But you still ditz around. Make food for your kid. Call your dad.

Super concerned about $25 but not the disappearance of partner and newborn.
Totally!

And imma gonna point out that $25 was his emphasis . He brought it up (more than once. )

that wouldn’t be my hill to focus on, nor to die on. But to each his own.

I can empathize with watching money: especially with a newborn, the holiday etc. And heck, expenditures should be discussed in any relationship, but most people understand the big difference between $$$ and things of value.

(Anyway- Thanks for your incredibly thoughtful post. you really nailed it!)

Moving company. Storage. Construction background. Possible key elements re: potential disposal imo should this turn out to be a “domestic situation”.

I wonder if he always had a coworker in the truck with him that day, or if there was ever a time he and a truck were unaccounted for. Those things usually have a hand truck/dolly/cart whatever it’s called in your region, as well as blankets, boxes, etc.. If this were a domestic situation, someone with ready access to these supplies could easily remove a body from an apartment in broad daylight without raising suspicion.

Not too concerned until 6 hours have passed because she often goes to the neighbor’s with no purse, no diaper bag, and leaving her car or home open? I mean not too concerned at 1:40 PM when he first walked in the door makes sense. But for six whole hours after to not be concerned and call the cops? And not to be concerned about how she was supposed to pick up their son from daycare when she’s not there but the car is? How is that reasonable? How does that make sense?
Doesn't make sense to me... that's an awfully long time...

Is there an msm link stating that the baby's car seat was inside the home after he returned from work ?
If so -- it might show she made it into the house.
Trying to figure out what Heidi did after immediately getting home.
Like fitting a puzzle together.

Really. If you aren't alarmed by any of those clues, why not just pick up the son and wait for her to come home from wherever she is with the baby? Why call the police after you pick up your son and she still isn't home? Why should you all of a sudden be concerned then? Nothing else about the situation concerned you...
He got a call from the school saying that their son hasn't been picked up. He goes to pick up his son. They get home and he calls Heidi's friends, they don't know where she is. He calls his father and he tells him to wait a bit longer (or something similar), which it seems like he didn't really wait and called LE or 911 to report them missing.

Was he still at their apartment when she returned from taking older child to school? What time did he arrive at work and has that time been verified?
No, he wasn't. He left for work around 6:40 am.

Not too concerned until 6 hours have passed because she often goes to the neighbor’s with no purse, no diaper bag, and leaving her car or home open? I mean not too concerned at 1:40 PM when he first walked in the door makes sense. But for six whole hours after to not be concerned and call the cops? And not to be concerned about how she was supposed to pick up their son from daycare when she’s not there but the car is? How is that reasonable? How does that make sense?

I can only speak to what I would do but my oldest daughter recently broke up with her live in boyfriend and moved home. It is a contentious situation but no violence between them to speak of. One night her car was parked out front of the house, so we all assumed she was asleep in her room which is the 3rd floor of our house that I rarely go up to. A couple of hours pass and dinner is done. I send a younger kid to wake her and tell her to come and eat.

She wasn't there. Her phone was going to voicemail, so I logged into her laptop and located her phone and the last ping was at her ex's house a couple hours before. You can imagine how I freaked out since I follow these cases. My husband, our oldest son, and I went over there. He, of course, said he hadn't seen her. He claimed he hadn't been home all day. I asked to read his text messages and look through the house and found nothing.

Until now, I was hesitant to call the police because I didn't want to overreact but now I felt I had exhausted everything I could do. So about 3 hours after we first saw her car I finally called the police. Wouldnt you know before the police even got to the house she called back, she was at a movie with a new friend, and had no service so that's why it went straight to voicemail and appeared off.

The point is... I rationalized that it had been a few hours, if I have no information to give them what good could they do? I questioned if I was overreacting and tried to err on the side of caution and luckily everything turned out ok. Had it been bad I would have hated myself for not calling sooner. But you just never know what to do in these situations and so when he called the police I don't necessarily see as a red flag.

This is interesting and makes sense only if the BF/fiance is innocent.

He deserves the benefit of the doubt, as anyone does. Aside from that, the laughing/smiling, in this case, would not, only apply in the case of innocence.

Laughter can be a defense that protects the trauma survivor from feeling the depth of their actual pain.
Many survivors believe that if they don't laugh about their experiences they will connect with intense feelings of rage, despair, disappointment, or sadness. The deeper fear is that that they will be flooded and overwhelmed if those emotions are identified and fully felt. Feeling deeply is often associated with a loss of control. Laughter keeps the pain at arm’s length.

Something may have happened that he regrets and he's in emotional distress about it. No way to know, at this point. We do know, from that video breakdown I did, that he's emotional and brushes it off with laughing.

Is there an msm link stating that the baby's car seat was inside the home after he returned from work ?
If so -- it might show she made it into the house.
Trying to figure out what Heidi did after immediately getting home.
Like fitting a puzzle together.

iirc, the books she purchased were in the apartment.

In your case.
Well, exactly. There you go. It's a case by case thing. I understand why certain things here might look like red flags, but for many of us, this stuff happens in real life and means literally nothing. Maybe it also means nothing here and it's just how things are for them. Maybe. People, including me, are just trying to explain that many of the things that have been mentioned as "weird" and "red flags" are normal to many people and don't really equal trouble. Just saying.

I believe him and I say it without comparing him to recent events, trials, etc.

But, if I were to compare his statements, physical, visual and emotional reactions - his are absolutely NOTHING like Watts' in any way, shape or form.

Maybe the kid typically goes to daycare. If the month was already paid, I can see him till attending even bough mom is home.

My question is why would someone who comes home to find their fiancé and newborn missing, door or car open (depending on which version of his is correct), purse with money inside her car or home (depending on which version is correct), baby’s diaper bag left behind, phone going to voicemail, no contact by fiancé and not call the police for another almost six hours?

Who does that?

bbm
Indeed.
TOS won't let me speculate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics