TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I said this also, he's leaking all over IMO. Listen again ...

Fox Interview
Boyfriend of missing South Austin woman, baby speaks out

Good catch about her making lunch, that's when he gets flustered and starts grinning, stumbling with his words and commenting how hard this is. I think he's trying to keep the interview going while trying to figure out how to fix what he let slip out. All MOO.

Also, the reference by reporters and evasive response to past calls for service re for Erica issues at the home?

During PC's, I always pay attention to what reporters ask even if LE does not answer. Some news reporters are really good about doing upfront research and their questions frequently are based on some information they had acquired previous to the PC.

So I am assuming the news folks who asked about previous domestic calls to the residence may have had some information to that effect. Which is sad if that is the case because it makes me lean a particular way in this case.

I really wish she and her baby have left on their own to escape him but if she had then I dont think she would keep her family out of the loop and I dont think she would have left the older boy there and I dont think she would allow LE to go on this long without informing LE she is ok. So sadly, I am leaning in one particular direction.

Exactly! And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left.
Thanks, @Warwick7 !

I missed this completely.

Fingers crossed that LE are many steps ahead of everyone.
I wish the reporters there at the presser had asked some of the questions we're discussing here. :p

snipped for focus

From previous articles -- Heidi and Margot went after the school drop off to a 'book fair' and returned home around 1pm. ??
I like to think the presser wasn't totally useless.
But admit I thought there'd be an update about new information.

No, I don't think they returned home that late. The Book Fair was in the morning because supposedly she told him how much she spent in that call around 8 a.m.

Then again, I am not sure of any facts in this case. LE hasn't confirmed much, so even news articles are kind of hear-say, IMO.

I was just looking at this article and learned Heidi's mother was on the way to help with search. There's some timeline too, her friend about her phone, may be true.
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

If I were a woman who was afraid to stay in my home any longer and I had 2 kids of varying ages and expectations and if I decided to risk it, I’d take my older kid to school because maybe someone was at home still. I’d return to get my belongings and my children’s belongings when I knew no one should be home. And then I’d return to get the older kid from school and get the hell out of dodge. Perhaps an interruption happened. From someone and we don’t know who. Or perhaps this wasn’t the case at all and I’m reaching.

The detective was pretty vague when asked pointed questions about Shane (I think even one of them was just asking if his time at work that Thursday was confirmed). Besides there being something that's causing them to be unable to name him as not a suspect, is there ANY reason for him to be silent about him? He didn't even say that he had been cooperating...

No photos of Heidi or the baby, no impassioned statement from the family... WHY?

The fact that there were no photos shown of them at all is odd, IMO. They would typically hold a large photo up, something...

So, combining two current theories/thoughts... possible she was abducted for the baby and someone was paid for information on how/when to abduct her?

Knowing more than what we can say here - something LIKE that is possible. If someone paid someone to do something, that is. Not necessarily just abduct.

I too am curious about the lack of a family statement. Whether she is missing voluntarily or by the hand of someone else, I had expected to have some sort of statement. If LE thought someone had them, I would think that they would have encouraged the family to speak, humanize H&M, in hopes that if they haven't been harmed that they won't be. If they thought she was missing voluntarily, I would think that they would ask the family to speak on how they love her, want her home. But nothing, silence.

We have only heard from Shane and his dad, so far, in this case. I find that interesting.

Right? If they thought this was voluntary, not one plea to her to contact LE or her family?

Voluntary.... or they just know nothing. Idk why anyone expects them too- it is really never the police who solve these crimes. It is almost always something found on a search, a good samaritan or someone comes across human remains.... people put way too much faith into what police do. If they say they have no reason so suspect she is not alive, it's because I'm sure they have looked at the apartment or vehicle for blood evidence and found none.

Are you kidding?

If I were a woman who was afraid to stay in my home any longer and I had 2 kids of varying ages and expectations and if I decided to risk it, I’d take my older kid to school because maybe someone was at home still. I’d return to get my belongings and my children’s belongings when I knew no one should be home. And then I’d return to get the older kid from school and get the hell out of dodge. Perhaps an interruption happened. From someone and we don’t know who. Or perhaps this wasn’t the case at all and I’m reaching.

This is a good point. If a woman fears for her life - and/or for her baby's life (this has happened in cases!) - she would take off with the baby on foot if need be!

This is a consideration, for sure. We don't really know - but hopefully LE does.

Unfortunately, the live video of Shane makes me think otherwise.

If a person were using drugs and learned that their last $25 had been spent on books. Would this cause a fit of rage?
Moo

Maybe, though I've never done drugs so I couldn't say for sure. But what his account does strike me as, controlling. There was a LOT of checking in mentioned. That screams controlling to me which is a common thread in relationships where DV occurs. All conjecture on my part.

Anyone else find it strange we haven't heard from Heidi's family? No message from them?

Not, necessarily, if LE has a POI in mind and if they (or the family) doesn't think they can keep it together so as not to blow the investigation.

Yeah. Nuking the school lunch leftovers takes time!
Yep.^^^ :p

Quite a few of my posts are said 'tongue in cheek' for reasons known to myself and possible others of similar 'ilk'.
It's a puzzle where pieces are missing in the specific day.

Trying to find a timeline that works.
Why no pleas from LE to the public to be very careful of someone kidnapping mothers with newborns ?
And on and on; ad nauseam.
There's so much from LE and the PI's on this case that's not being said.
MOO

Last edited:
How so? You think she’d leave without one kid? Why not just take off and not take him to school? Why would she leave the car and baby stuff at home if it were voluntary. IMO you’d do the opposite. Leave the phone so nobody can trace you and take purse and some extra things for baby.

Yeah I mean why work so hard you don’t have time to get on camera for five days if they think it’s a voluntary missing.

Yes and one child was expected to be at school. I would make everything appear normal and then rush to pack and run when no one was home to stop me. Maybe the part where she threw everything to survive on in the car and dashed back to school to retrieve her son was interrupted.
This is a good point. If a woman fears for her life - and/or for her baby's life (this has happened in cases!) - she would take off with the baby on foot if need be!

This is a consideration, for sure. We don't really know - but hopefully LE does.

Unfortunately, the live video of Shane makes me think otherwise.

Katydid, can you tell me where the mom's out of state visit comes from? I've been looking for it all morning and can't find it. I would be ever so grateful! :) MOO
I thought I read it in the '5 things you need to know article' but it isn't in there now. It might have been in the blog article that was posted, I will goi check...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
world1971