TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the politically correct thing to state before you have evidence to the contrary. IMO, it's SOP and is said all the time.

I agree.

The only thing that struck me as something they really should have had prepared with them is the Missing Poster or at least a picture of her and the missing baby.

Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt, I wonder if they had expected to have an arrest by now and maybe was planning on talking about the arrest but it could not be accomplished in time for the PC.

snipped for focus

From previous articles -- Heidi and Margot went after the school drop off to a 'book fair' and returned home around 1pm. ??
I like to think the presser wasn't totally useless.
But admit I thought there'd be an update about new information.
I think they know exactly what they are doing. Cornering a rat.
MOO.

I agree. It was facilitated by a detective from the Violent Crimes Unit and the tone of his voice was so somber. When he was talking about all the tips coming in on different social media platforms he made a statement that made my heart stop. I played the interview again he said "We may never find them." But he was talking about the tips. I wondered about the wording even if it was supposed to be about tips. Maybe I am just reading too much into it. I hope she and that tiny angel show up against all odds!
When he said “we may never find them”, my gut also sank like a rock. Very strong words from a man in his position at a PC. Wonder if it was a slip or was it the product of an exhausted and hopeless detective with no answers.

Having watched the press conference, suddenly, I feel overcome with so much sadness for Heidi, Margot and her big brother, S.

IMO, they are not expecting to find Heidi or Margot alive, and they never did; they had a very good idea of what most likely happened within the first few hours of the report being filed.

Heidi’s last Instagram post breaks my heart. Her son is literally clutching his mama. He loves her so much.
Heidi on Instagram: “My littles and I ❤️

Beautiful little family.

I don't want to disappoint you, but Shane comes across as mildly mentally challenged - he's laughing inappropriately cause that's what he does. Shane won't be solving the problem of dark matter in the universe any time soon.
I don't want to disappoint you, but Shane comes across as mildly mentally challenged - he's laughing inappropriately cause that's what he does. Shane won't be solving the problem of dark matter in the universe any time soon.
As many times we've seen the statics....sometimes the obvious POI is just not camera savvy

I still find it extremely hard to believe she left of her own volition with nothing for herself or the baby. That makes zero sense. Possible? Sure, but IMHO very unlikely. I am curious why they would have the presser and give virtually no new information. I am hoping they have some, just keeping it close to the vest until they have more definitive answers.

The public was getting agitated by the lack of any on camera statement by LE in a case involving a missing newborn.

Ok, this is not a side I usually take, but am I the only one who thinks he seemed genuine in his interview? I think he is laughing due to extreme nervousness and he is a total wreck, just trying to keep it together. Normally I usually suspect the significant other first, but I think that he seems totally legit. I just wondered if I am the only one who feels this way?

Not sure how that makes sense. Snatching a white woman and newborn and hightailing it for the heavily guarded border? For what?

I 35 is a corridor for the Cartel and human trafficking. If anyone used I 35 for abduction they don't have to go to the border. It provides a quick get away to some place else in the city, surrounding areas or other states. We don't know if it was used. But if I wanted to get out of an area fast and blend in with tons of cars, it would be I 35.

Why would he say there is no reason for him to believe H&M were harmed if that’s what he thought

Because they often say that so as not to cause a POI to shut right the hell up and get a lawyer.

That’s number one.

Number two, it’s possibly true. Meaning no actual evidence of their demise at this time. He didn’t say he didn’t believe they were unharmed. He said “no reason to believe” they’ve been harmed. Or something to that effect.

We’ve seen a variation on that theme so many times when in actuality at that precise moment LE was going hard on a suspect.

“No reason to suspect foul play.” “Searching for a live [INSERT NAME HERE]”.

It’s also kind to the desperate family and loved ones.

But if there are no bodies and no confession and no sign of blood, then he’s technically telling the truth.

I too am curious about the lack of a family statement. Whether she is missing voluntarily or by the hand of someone else, I had expected to have some sort of statement. If LE thought someone had them, I would think that they would have encouraged the family to speak, humanize H&M, in hopes that if they haven't been harmed that they won't be. If they thought she was missing voluntarily, I would think that they would ask the family to speak on how they love her, want her home. But nothing, silence.

We have only heard from Shane and his dad, so far, in this case. I find that interesting.
I think there is strategic reason for doing so.
MOO

I’m wondering if perhaps LE is actually very close to solving this. The PC was changed to a nothing burger at the last minute. Say nothing of value. No pictures of victims. No family present.
Also I did not realize her boyfriend knew she was missing for that huge amount of time before reporting it. Hmmmm.

if they have evidence to confirm she was back at the apartment after the book fair (no time released right?) - it must be on video IMO. or a neighbor saw them return. My hope is there is video - however, it would seem if she left - that would also be on video and they would have said - we have it on video she left iMO. Therefore, I don't think it is video that they have and I do not think this is voluntary at all. I believe them to both be deceased and they better be checking the dumpsters. JMO
I wonder what time that is.

Does anyone think that LE are being so "nonchalant" about the case, in order to throw off Shane? To get him to feel comfortable in what he does or does not do? It seems like a strategy they use often.
These are my utmost hopes, as my impatience and the vibes I caught from PC have me badly wanting to question their competence. And I REALLY don’t want to have these feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB