TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I 35 is a corridor for the Cartel and human trafficking. If anyone used I 35 for abduction they don't have to go to the border. It provides a quick get away to some place else in the city, surrounding areas or other states. We don't know if it was used. But if I wanted to get out of an area fast and blend in with tons of cars, it would be I 35.

Please cite one case from an MSM source of white women or tiny children being kidnapped in the states for trafficking and taken south of the border.

LE and all those agencies should be able to figure it out, for Heaven's sake.

I don't think they've ruled out anyone, especially those with a likely motive. Sorry, but I got the feeling from the presser that they suspect the two are not alive.

Questioning co-workers.
I understand SC works for a moving company? I imagine LE has questioned if he was at work and on what recent jobs to what various properties. Anything is possible and LE will figure it out.

No family pleas to Heidi t0 come home. Presser mentioned their disappearance as an "incident". Direct questions from reporters went unconfirmed about "prior domestic incidents from that address".

Makes me wonder if they were not abducted since the Child Abduction unit was called

I wonder if they send those spokespeople to poker school? It would take a lot of training to control not reacting to information with your face. I know I am not cut out for that. Yikes. Poor guy. And then forever seeing yourself talking online as people repost. No thanks.
Yes - they do go through training on how to keep a straight face. My ex was a detective and he was trained (in Texas).

Ok, this is not a side I usually take, but am I the only one who thinks he seemed genuine in his interview? I think he is laughing due to extreme nervousness and he is a total wreck, just trying to keep it together. Normally I usually suspect the significant other first, but I think that he seems totally legit. I just wondered if I am the only one who feels this way?
I expressed this much earlier after I saw the full interview the first time. I found him genuine in his reactions, not an act, not rehearsed.

My impression was either
1. his confusion, all over the place emotions, stress, the swaying, standing, sitting, walking off, coming back etc showed him to be frightened and disbelieving, and having no clue about what happened .
or 2. He was involved in whatever happened, but was in shock and turmoil, not capable of processing that he was responsible. The hand oh his forehead actions made me think of "what on earth have I done?" "This can't be true" etc
IF he's responsible, I think it was due to spontaneous rage, loss of any control, accident etc, and not planned out.

I'm still on the fence.

FBI SanAntonio on Twitter
Heidi Broussard and her newborn baby Margo Carey were last seen on December 12 in Austin, TX. Please call @Austin_Police or 911 immediately if you have information about their whereabouts #Missing #HeidiBroussard https://twitter.com/Austin_Police/status/1205481751419727872 …
EMBCtAHXkAYLEuh.jpg

EMBCtASWwAM1NY9.jpg

EMBCs_cWsAINt9K.jpg

1:41 PM - 17 Dec 2019

Sorry for the sporadic posts - another thing to note:

When Detective Brad is asked if Shane is a POI, he says "So we have an ongoing current investigation - I'm not ready to get into anyone that we have as persons of interest, to be perfectly honest with you this case is unique in that we don't have a person of interest right now...".

Do you guys take this to mean they aren't ready to DISCUSS a POI right now as he first says, or that they truly don't have one.
LE seem to say that they don't have a POI on most cases these days. Right up until they slap the cuffs on. Moo.

Thank you. I should have been more clear. I was asking about the references to Heidi's mom staying with them PRIOR to Heidi and Margot's disappearance. They may be in the last thread now, I don't know.

I appreciate you trying to help, though! Thanks again. :)
I hope we can find a legit source for that info, because I think that's significant. I'll add that Shane stated in one of those interviews, "Thursday was the first time Heidi took Margo with her to drop off son at school". I remember wondering if maybe the friend who lives in the complex stayed with the baby. But it appears now that Heidi's Mom was there to help. Makes sense, as much as Shane mentions money he wouldn't have taken any time off work.

This is my town, my area, very close to home. I cannot stop thinking about Heidi and Margo.

I drove by the apartments this morning about 11am, here are things I noticed:
-no visible police presence (I did not drive in, just looked from street)
-2 homeless guys at camp/hangout spot just outside the fence (this is always occupied)
-Very busy streets on two sides
-convenience store on the corner, apartments fit around it
-grocery store across the street
-one side bordered by quiet street with small quiet park across the street (no playground that I’ve seen, just trails)
-back of complex butts up to backyards of modest houses

This is not a “bad” part of town, but it’s not great. I have noticed this homeless camp many times before-people drinking listerene, etc. I had forgotten the close proximity of the park. It’s very wooded. I don’t know which apartment is theirs, but I’m not trying to be a stalker. I’m surprised I didn’t see any police presence at all.

Ok, this is not a side I usually take, but am I the only one who thinks he seemed genuine in his interview? I think he is laughing due to extreme nervousness and he is a total wreck, just trying to keep it together. Normally I usually suspect the significant other first, but I think that he seems totally legit. I just wondered if I am the only one who feels this way?
I agree...I’ve followed many cases for many years and I feel like he is genuinely just out of his mind with worry. You really don’t know how you would act in these situations. I do agree he acts weird but I’m not getting “the hairs on my arms standing up feeling” that I have gotten from past cases. I could be wrong and will try to keep an open mind at this point. Praying for them!!!!!!

I wanted to give my thoughts on the presser. I’m sure you all discussed this already but...I’m way behind... All IMO

1. The slip up of “this offense” from officer Tells me they believe an “offense” / foul play is involved
2. First saying they weren’t going to discuss a POI then kept talking and saying, they “honestly don’t have any POIs...sure Jan
3. The repeated emphasis to call any LE office if they “see them”... I took this as, not to call SC as he requested in his raw interview.
4. Refuse to verify what personal possessions were found and where vs. confirming SCs statements of what she “left behind”.

Sorry for the sporadic posts - another thing to note:

When Detective Brad is asked if Shane is a POI, he says "So we have an ongoing current investigation - I'm not ready to get into anyone that we have as persons of interest, to be perfectly honest with you this case is unique in that we don't have a person of interest right now...".

Do you guys take this to mean they aren't ready to DISCUSS a POI right now as he first says, or that they truly don't have one.

That could satisfy both family and any suspect.

Just watched the 2nd (outdoor) video of Shane and his dad.

He says she called him around 8am on her way back from the book fair. He said he was "on his way out" - perhaps on a moving job at the time. (Part of the audio is cut out here, perhaps because he mentions a client?) No mention he'd be out early from work? He said "I worked until about 1 something and got here [at apartment] at about 2". She wasn't there. "Her phone was off" - but he doesn't mention calling her - not even attempting to do so. Not once later, either.

Then he said he thought she was at her friend's place in the complex/nearby - 'with her phone off' (how does he know?). Then he CASUALLY Says "I went to pick up my son from daycare" - but skips over the fact that she was to do so, and skips over the fact that the school called him and skips the fact that if her car was still there she could not have picked up her son anyway.

What didn't he do?
He didn't say he went to check on her at the friend's house nearby.
He didn't specify that he tried to call that friend, even though Heidi didn't pick up the son*

Too many huge "tells" in this, sadly.

ETA: *He later says he called "her friends - her friends didn't hear from her" but does NOT specify the friend where he said he thought she went.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member