TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another thing that's really bugging me is the belongings left behind - not just the fact that there's been no clarification on whether her purse and wallet were actually still in the unlocked car or in the house.

1. If the purse/wallet were still in the unlocked car - at what point did SC realise that the car was unlocked? Before or after he called the police? He never mentions this in any of the interviews I've seen.

2. Whether the purse/wallet were left in the car or whether they were left in the house, this still bothers me... HB's keys and phone are apparently missing. Would the keys and phone not have been in the purse? Or does she put her keys and phone in her pockets? If the purse was left in the car and her keys and phone had been in the purse, this must mean she had the time/thought to take them out of the purse and take them inside with her, why not just take the purse inside too? Why leave the purse in the car unless she was immediately going to come back outside to get it? What stopped her from retrieving it?
If the purse was found in the house and her keys and phone had been in the purse and then for whatever reason she left the apartment of her own accord, she either took those items out herself to take them with her or someone else took them out of her purse when they took her and the baby. But why?

3. By "keys" is he referring to house keys or car keys, I'm assuming they're two separate sets of keys and she doesn't keep them on the same keyring. Are both house keys AND car keys missing?

This brings me to ask you all a question, especially the ladies on here. If you leave the house and take with you your keys, phone, wallet and a purse, would your keys and phone be in your PURSE or in your POCKET? I know for me, they'd be in the purse.

It might not seem like a big deal to most of you but I think it could be quite important.

It’s possible. Phone or social media records could show if someone was planning to meet up with her. Otherwise it appears they do have surveillance at the apartments of some sort.

But discrepancies in the interviews are only part of the problem. Not doing anything for 6 hours is also a big red flag.
I should add that I have a friend who I met at Starbucks over a year ago. I talk to her every day but haven’t ever talked to her online or on my phone. I know more about her than I do some of my closest friends. And she too knows a lot about me including where I live. I just have this nagging feeling that this has to do with the baby more than anything. I agree the 5 hr window of time is questionable but until we know exactly what he was doing I’m giving him the benefit of doubt. I might be completely off in my thinking but I think it should be considered and checked out. Moo

Last edited:
You're asking for trouble as in crying, unhappy baby eventually when they're kidnapped without diapers, f0rmula if not breastfed, clean clothes. Some babies can really throw a screaming fit. I have a bad feeling and I don't want to accept it. It's been so long now. Margot, such a newborn cutie...precious. How could anyone hurt a baby?

Oh, I just remembered a case 0f a baby stolen (January 2015 killing of Eliza De La Cruz) and accidently died on the way towards the border, f0und in a dumpster in Imperial Beach, CA. The motive was crazy and shocking. That's why I got to keep my mind open to see other angles.

ETA-- thought this would interest you. The parents got shot in their home!
"D’Milian had to obtain a newborn child after falsely telling a boyfriend she had been pregnant with twins, so she followed a woman home from a bus stop."
Kidnapped Newborn Found Dead in Imperial Beach Dumpster, Murder Trial Underway - Times of San Diego

SBM/BBM

Baby snatching by a crazy woman who pretended she was pregnant is actually a thing though. Which is why it remains on many of our lists.

Yes. And they’re prostitutes.

Show me one confirmed case of a missing white woman in the US snatched off the street for the sex trade and who wasn’t homeless/runaway or already a prostitute. Let alone with a newborn.

Or cite a confirmed case of babies being snatched off the street or from apartments in the states for an underground black market adoption.

For a lot of us veterans we keep seeing these possibilities pop up in every case like this but coupled with a lot of misinformation about what sex trafficking/human trafficking really looks like.

ITA.

And - they aren't just prostitutes in that article. The article that poster linked is of international statistics of men and women over time, and includes forced labor. Most importantly, the age given of 27 is the average of existing trafficked persons - many of whom have lived/remain in that environment for the remainder of their lives.

IOW, it's not the age at which they were first trafficked.

Last edited:
BBM- yes, and a look of sheer exhaustion. Maybe now that the other multiple agencies are on the case, they can grab some sleep!

I bet not!

@MassGuy turned me on to a really good Netflix show called Unbelievable (please no spoilers on here for those who haven’t seen it). It shows what really goes on during an intensive criminal investigation. It’s actually 100% based on a true story. Very engaging and really brings home how hard this job is.

Also, I think about the investigators of the CW case. They didn’t fare well in the aftermath due to the mental strain. Very sad toll it takes.

The statistic on your linked page of about 27 y.o. is for the average age of existing international registered victims within IOM, male and female. That is not the age at which they are trafficked. Some live as victims until they die (it includes labor exploitation, and some live basically as worker "slaves" for the rest of their lives) and the older ages are averaged into that statistic. It's a specific focus for that page.

Per your page: "The highest percentage of female victims can be found in the 18-20 age group."
Ok, fair enough. But to your point that “the older ages are averaged into that statistic”, the same is true at the other end of the scale - children who are born into trafficking are counted from the earliest age.

But I’ll see if I can find statistics that truly measure the age at which trafficking occurs.

Have there been any search parties at all so far, outside of the apartment complex?

I saw pictures of FBI agents snooping around and knocking on doors, surely the police did that last week.

Do they believe she's still there?

Different strains have different effects. Getting jumpy or paranoid causes many to quit smoking it. Also even while experiencing those type of effects, one can still burst out laughing.

I won't claim to be an expert :p, but smoking pot - even initially - isn't likely to make someone laugh about a missing loved one if they are extremely upset about it.

That’s not what I asked. Trafficking is real. It involves immigrants brought here for various purposes including work and sex trade and sometimes illegal adoptions.

It also involves the domestic sex trade but that is mostly of drug addicts, mentally ill, runaways, voluntary prostitutes, LGBTQ youth, former foster youth, and most females in the sex trade here are black. That’s fact. It’s found in multiple articles.

Again, cite one case of a white woman being kidnapped in the states and taken across the border for purposes of human trafficking. Let alone with a newborn.

Were it not for my daughter calling me while she was being targeted and her going into a safe business, SHE would have been a victim. She is a young girl, not black, not LGBT, not Hispanic, not any one ethnicity but she could pass as white as she is pale with dark red hair (Mixed Japanese, middle eastern, German and Scottish) and she was targeted. Why? Young, pretty, alone, on foot, and seemed easy to get. Articles don't mean diddly when it is your kid. She was targeted. This was very recent. Also the raids in ATX and SA were recent. AGAIN- I am NOT saying this is what happened to Heidi and Margo, just that is DOES happen and not just to certain ethnicities. I do NOT think Heidi was the victim of traffickers. Not at all, but it is a real threat and thinking it won't happen because one is the "wrong" ethnicity, is an unsafe way to think. Anyone can be a target.

I’m sure this has been discussed in a previous thread but their apartment complex seems to be gated which means not any old Joe Schmoe can be creeping in their parking lot.
Interesting
Another thing that's really bugging me is the belongings left behind - not just the fact that there's been no clarification on whether her purse and wallet were actually still in the unlocked car or in the house.

1. If the purse/wallet were still in the unlocked car - at what point did SC realise that the car was unlocked? Before or after he called the police? He never mentions this in any of the interviews I've seen.

2. Whether the purse/wallet were left in the car or whether they were left in the house, this still bothers me... HB's keys and phone are apparently missing. Would the keys and phone not have been in the purse? Or does she put her keys and phone in her pockets? If the purse was left in the car and her keys and phone had been in the purse, this must mean she had the time/thought to take them out of the purse and take them inside with her, why not just take the purse inside too? Why leave the purse in the car unless she was immediately going to come back outside to get it? What stopped her from retrieving it?
If the purse was found in the house and her keys and phone had been in the purse and then for whatever reason she left the apartment of her own accord, she either took those items out herself to take them with her or someone else took them out of her purse when they took her and the baby. But why?

3. By "keys" is he referring to house keys or car keys, I'm assuming they're two separate sets of keys and she doesn't keep them on the same keyring. Are both house keys AND car keys missing?

This brings me to ask you all a question, especially the ladies on here. If you leave the house and take with you your keys, phone, wallet and a purse, would your keys and phone be in your PURSE or in your POCKET? I know for me, they'd be in the purse.

It might not seem like a big deal to most of you but I think it could be quite important.
In my purse. Unless I need Google maps for directions. I set needed address,then put phone in console. Keys always stay in purse,as it is keyless ignition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ateen