TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not just - or even - the laughing that makes me think he's capable of such a crime - and it's important to point out that we do not know if he is guilty, and no one is accusing him of one.

It's the contradicting answers, lack of accounting for his time, lack of concern, and absolute irresponsibility in looking for her that makes him absolutely look culpable.

The laughing just makes it all the more likely and cold-blooded.
Do you think he didn’t account for his time to the police? They seem very thorough, I’m sure they made him account for that time. We just don’t know about it. Maybe he spaced that part in the interview?

bbm

Wait, what ???

From the link :

Shane Carey, Heidi's boyfriend and Margot's father, said the couple also have a six-year-old son together. Carey told NBC affiliate KXAN Mondaythat their son's school never called when Heidi didn't show up in the afternoon.

How did that get mixed up ??
So if the school didn't call him-- did he decide on his own that Heidi probably wasn't picking up their son and went to get him, himself ?

FBI involved in ‘continuous’ search for missing south Austin mom, infant; no person of interest | KXAN.com

I don’t think anyone is faulting him for it. They’re trying to find possible reasons for his odd behavior.
I am sure lack of sleep can factor in. Also giddiness, like when you win a lottery (or cash in on an insurance policy). JMO

Were it not for my daughter calling me while she was being targeted and her going into a safe business, SHE would have been a victim. She is a young girl, not black, not LGBT, not Hispanic, not any one ethnicity but she could pass as white as she is pale with dark red hair (Mixed Japanese, middle eastern, German and Scottish) and she was targeted. Why? Young, pretty, alone, on foot, and seemed easy to get. Articles don't mean diddly when it is your kid. She was targeted. This was very recent. Also the raids in ATX and SA were recent. AGAIN- I am NOT saying this is what happened to Heidi and Margo, just that is DOES happen and not just to certain ethnicities. I do NOT think Heidi was the victim of traffickers. Not at all, but it is a real threat and thinking it won't happen because one is the "wrong" ethnicity, is an unsafe way to think. Anyone can be a target.

true. I was almost pulled into a car and I'm not a teen far from it. So, anything is possible. I'm keeping my mind open but I do think this is DV situation or a shady friend.

I've watched it. I find it very emotional. I understand this is a serious thing to happen, but even if he were to laugh at something- or smile does it automatically make him guilty? That seems crazy to me to jump to this sort of conclusion. From everything we know right now- he is completely innocent and a victim himself.

This.

We do not all react the same!

Years ago in Australia, a mother was found guilty of the senseless killing of their infant while the family was camping. The biggest thing against her was that she didn't "react" the way people thought she should, even those who actually knew her said that was simply how she was. Many years later, they found evidence to support her story, long after LE and the media had destroyed her and the family.

My mom died a couple years ago and my dad hung on another six months. Someone was with dad 7x24 for the remaining six months of his life. He had lost the love of his life. Their only prayer for themselves in their waning years was that they would go together.

My father never shed a single tear. He just wasn't that kind of man. Anyone who didn't know him and know him very well would have completely misunderstood how deep and abiding and profound his love for my mother was - it was beyond tears and public displays of grief.

Oh, please. I am not parsing every word. Far from it. That's just flipping weird. I would never in a million years accidentally refer to my newborn as a man or a woman any more than I'd refer to my guinea pig or cats as a man or woman. It's just something people don't do. Accidentally call one of your kids the name of another one of your kids is normal. Asking for help finding your 2 week old woman is not.
I refer to my male cat, George T'Challa as "My Baby Boy", "My Handsome Man", "My lovey boy", etc. He is like a child to me but never referred to my human babies as men or ladies. That just feels weird to do so, but I guess to some calling my cat a man or boy is also weird.

This.

We do not all react the same!

Years ago in Australia, a mother was found guilty of the senseless killing of their infant while the family was camping. The biggest thing against her was that she didn't "react" the way people thought she should, even those who actually knew her said that was simply how she was. Many years later, they found evidence to support her story, long after LE and the media had destroyed her and the family.

My mom died a couple years ago and my dad hung on another six months. Someone was with dad 7x24 for the remaining six months of his life. He had lost the love of his life. Their only prayer for themselves in their waning years was that they would go together.

My father never shed a single tear. He just wasn't that kind of man. Anyone who didn't know him and know him very well would have completely misunderstood how deep and abiding and profound his love for my mother was - it was beyond tears and public displays of grief.

I almost posted Lindy's story as an example. Hugs to you on your parents.

Interesting, it certainly does....

Carey told NBC affiliate KXAN Monday that their son's school never called when Heidi didn't show up in the afternoon.

So, does that mean he did assume/know Heidi wasn't going to pick him up, so he did, arriving at the expected pickup time?

By school not calling does he mean the after school business taking care of the kids or whatever activity the son may have been enrolled in after school called him?

I'm very confused..... :confused:

I really don't think he has a needle in his pocket, but it certainly does resemble one...screenshot attached.

wow...sure does like like a needle. Is he diabetic?

EDIT: ok, nevermind, just now seeing it is an antenna.

Last edited:
Well this is just all very perplexing and impossible to know what is going on without a lot more info. I just don’t believe she ran off on her own. I will be stunned if that ends up being the case. I think someone (known or known to her—unsure which) abducted her and the baby from their apartment. Without more info, no way to know if she and the baby are still alive or not. It doesn’t look good in my opinion. That is a heartbreaking thought. Sigh. If I lived in that apartment complex I’d feel very unsettled.

I lock my car even the moment I get inside too. LOL

Just a habit I formed after I saw a show about car jackings and how they can run up to your car at a stop light, and drag you out and take your running vehicle. Or carjack you in your own driveway.

What really put me over the edge about locking at all times even when getting inside to drive away, was another show about car wrecks and how it is supposed to help keep the doors shut in an accident and helps to keep you from being ejected from the vehicle if doors are locked in a wreck. Not sure if that was proven but I go with it. LOL

I always lock too. As for a car wreck, that's true.....BUT if fire is involved and it's a newer car with automatic features, you can't get out! Shuts down.
So, I have a life hammer, got one after a horrific story about some students driving into a lake, and were trapped. Life hammer is good for fire involved accidents as well, to escape through a window.

If Heidi and Margo were abducted, I personally don't think it was from her car. I think it would have involved a ruse to have her approach another car. And I think the motive was getting the baby.

I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.
So many great observations you've made, thanks for sharing. If you or anyone have a link to this video, could you please post it? I have found the interview he did with dad outside but can't find any other one. Thanks in advance.

My first thought when I read about this case was that it was a fake or orchestrated disappearance for money and attention. As I continue to read through the information and watch interviews, I still can't seem to shake that feeling.

I just hope that both are soon found safe and well.

I considered this as well since he put the $25 in our faces. Then his dad started a fund. If SC works only part time and Heidi on leave, it must be very hard for them.
It’d be great if H & M are safe.
Idk if SC works part or full time, but the day H & M went missing he worked less than 8 hrs, I think. I’m not really sure due to his timeline.

Do you think he didn’t account for his time to the police? They seem very thorough, I’m sure they made him account for that time. We just don’t know about it. Maybe he spaced that part in the interview?

I'm mindful of the recent case involving Patrick Frazee.

The police might have asked SC to explain the timeline and been gentle about it. Once they've done that, they still have to go verify everything he's told them - without arousing his suspicion while they're doing it.

PF had a well-planned fake timeline - so well-thought out that he wrote it down and did a 'walk through' afterwards with his friend to tighten it up. LE went along with him at first, holding their tongues while they nailed down the camera evidence that clearly demonstrated significant problems in his timeline.

I think that's probably part of what's going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot