TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, it certainly does....

So, does that mean he did assume/know Heidi wasn't going to pick him up, so he did, arriving at the expected pickup time?

By school not calling does he mean the after school business taking care of the kids or whatever activity the son may have been enrolled in after school called him?

I'm very confused..... :confused:
I'm inclined to believe the after school care did in fact call him, or else wouldn't he go on about how he started to get worried when she hadn't returned by say 5:30 p.m. to get their son? Nope. All kinds of other irrelevant info like drinking water after he put his alarm clock on snooze twice and books HB bought that cost $25 and whatnot else, but nothing about that really important time frame from 1:40 to picking up their little boy. Not one iota of concern during that time. That REALLY stinks, IMHO.

I've watched it. I find it very emotional. I understand this is a serious thing to happen, but even if he were to laugh at something- or smile does it automatically make him guilty? That seems crazy to me to jump to this sort of conclusion. From everything we know right now- he is completely innocent and a victim himself.

Sure it could be he is nervous, etc., but any way you look at it, his giggles are very inappropriate for the situation. It makes people confused and uncomfortable.

He said he wants to appear natural and he wanted to keep going with the interview because he wanted to "get the word out there". He might have been sincere because he kept trying to do the interview. Not much info he gave was clear on timeline, some parts changed at times, and his answers started to seem evasive to me.

However, I'm not sure the giggling points to his guilt. If he did something ugly to harm them, it seems his face would reveal it and he would not be able to laugh. Doing something to harm that little baby?...I don't know, sometimes he does cry with wet tears, but that could be his sincere fear for their safety. Just trying to read what we're seeing, and not quite understanding his behavior.

I initially noticed and got nervous about his soothing rocking back and forth sway like CW, and his putting his hands up near his eyes and forehead often, and looking down a lot, closing his eyes and smiling as tho' remembering endearing moments. There's lots of body language and non verbal (maybe) tells, but I'm just one of the people he got the word out to and :oops: I'm not sure what the word is saying.

ALL JMO

I didn’t follow the Watts case, so I went back to watch his interviews. I do not see the correlation... CW had amazing eye contact for a guilty man, SC does not. I don’t think much is to be read there.

He looks so tired in the video to me. I'm sure he has repeated himself so many times. I have not read every post, I'm on the fence with this. I try to give the benefit of the doubt though. Of course if you go off of SM, he's already convicted, SMH IMO

I think a couple of things:

2) They're out searching or home taking care of the child.

3) They may have been asked by LE not to speak to the press and once the press sees them (at press conference), they'd be hounded for information they may or may not have
...... a) because family may have been given information (to ease their mind or that there's a POI) and LE doesn't want to jeopardize the investigation by having that info made public.

I didn't find it strange about the family not being there, bc of the strange nature of the presser. I was replying to someone who DID find it odd that SC wasn't there.

I found the presser to be devoid of use - all that attention focused, and LE didn't use it to advantage, at all. IMOO

In the long video (
) he is so very thrown off by the "she was making lunch" blunder he made--start around 1:30. Took him a while to recover from his boo-boo. I think she was making lunch when he came home from work.

Would be interesting to know if the son bought lunch that day at school or had a lunch box.

And if he took a bagged lunch/lunch box, why is he requesting his leftover lunch be grilled when he got home from school? I find that so odd. What's he taking in his lunchbox? Ribs? Burgers? Steak?

Check the grill for recent use for something other than food.

There is no way I can keep up with this thread. So if this has been posted, please direct me to the answers to these questions.

I'm sure Heidi had a regular route she took to and from school each morning. Has that route been released? Has any canvassing of that route been explored? Any video surveillance from businesses or street cameras?

Has she been involved in any online parenting groups? When I was expecting I was regularly on BabyCenter. Did she have anyone showing an unusual amount of attention to the baby? Unusual offers of help....

It's been mentioned repeatedly in msm that Shane Carey is NOT considered a person of interest. Right now, per TOS, Shane is a victim. How he swooshes his mouthwash in the am isn't of interest to me, nor is it going to further this case towards resolution. Let's brainstorm some ideas on how to bring Heidi and Margot home.
I had to chuckle at the how he swooshes his mouthwash part. Sorry if you meant it serious.

I'm mindful of the recent case involving Patrick Frazee.

The police might have asked SC to explain the timeline and been gentle about it. Once they've done that, they still have to go verify everything he's told them - without arousing his suspicion while they're doing it.

PF had a well-planned fake timeline - so well-thought out that he wrote it down and did a 'walk through' afterwards with his friend to tighten it up. LE went along with him at first, holding their tongues while they nailed down the camera evidence that clearly demonstrated significant problems in his timeline.

I think that's probably part of what's going on here.
I have to agree. We know nothing of what LE know of his alibi. What they have proven. It’s only smart of hem to keep it on the DL if they are eying him. And when they have everything they need, they will pounce. Best heir target is clueless. IMO

Who did the school call to get the child, then? Schools make you fill out endless emergency contact forms each year. There is no way the school did not call SOMEONE at some point about this child sitting there alone. Maybe the school did not get through, went to voicemail or something but the school definitely did try to contact someone about a ' forgotten' child at pickup.

In the long video (
) he is so very thrown off by the "she was making lunch" blunder he made--start around 1:30. Took him a while to recover from his boo-boo. It think she was making lunch when he came home from work.

Would be interesting to know if the son bought lunch that day at school or had a lunch box.

And if he took a bagged lunch/lunch box, why is he requesting his leftover lunch be grilled when he got home from school? I find that so odd. What's he taking in his lunchbox? Ribs? Burgers? Steak?

Check the grill for recent use for something other than food.
EXACTLY!
That's why I posted this earlier:
And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left."
"

Can't they get anything right? My hamster could write a better article. It is fraught with error.
Here are some highlights:

• "he dropped her son, 6, at Cowan Elementary School ... ."

• "Shane Carey ... said the couple also have a six-year-old son together." [Duh. Same child. See above quote -- it's their son together people.]

• "Carey told NBC affiliate KXAN Monday that their son's school never called when Heidi didn't show up in the afternoon." [If that were true, I think we would know by now.]
Oh, and the last example is a real winner (read carefully -- does it make sense?)

• "The boyfriend said he wasn't initially worried because Broussard often visits a friend in the same complex, before he called police at 7 p.m."
While this case isn't anything to laugh at, your post certainly is, lol!

Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm with many media reports in missing persons cases. I don't think it should be a shock to any of us that it's happening in this case, too. I just love the way you posted this- hysterical but true!

[Heidi’s mom: “We know that Heidi and Margo were here at the time this thing took place.”]

5 minutes ago:
“.@Austin_Police are still searching for a missing #Austin woman and her newborn baby, and now say they currently have no persons of interest in this case.
@jenniferonFOX7 will have more from the family of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey tonight at 9 p.m.”
[video at the link]
FOX 7 Austin on Twitter

Last edited:
At this point, I'm openly speculating about why SC is wearing that beanie jammed down over his ears in every single interview.

I want him to take off the beanie.

And not just because it's proper etiquette, either.

JMO.

Last edited:
Well this is just all very perplexing and impossible to know what is going on without a lot more info. I just don’t believe she ran off on her own. I will be stunned if that ends up being the case. I think someone (known or known to her—unsure which) abducted her and the baby from their apartment. Without more info, no way to know if she and the baby are still alive or not. It doesn’t look good in my opinion. That is a heartbreaking thought. Sigh. If I lived in that apartment complex I’d feel very unsettled.

If she ran why didn't she take her car or at least wallet so she could buy a train/plane ticker?
Leaving without money is troubling.
Unless she had cash.

[Heidi’s mom: “We know Heidi and Margo were here at the time that this thing took place.]

5 minutes ago:
“.@Austin_Police are still searching for a missing #Austin woman and her newborn baby, and now say they currently have no persons of interest in this case.
@jenniferonFOX7 will have more from the family of Heidi Broussard and Margot Carey tonight at 9 p.m.”
[video at the link]
FOX 7 Austin on Twitter
"here at the time that this thing took place."

What?
What thing?
How does she know??

I didn’t follow the Watts case, so I went back to watch his interviews. I do not see the correlation... CW had amazing eye contact for a guilty man, SC does not. I don’t think much is to be read there.
I don't know why, but I just couldn't follow the Watts case- one interview in, and all I felt was pure evil from him. It really upset me and gave me the heebie jeebies at the same time.

I am 50/50 here. I was hoping for more information today- at least facts such as the apartment was a crime scene or vehicles were checked and cleared of any foul play evidence- just something, to lead us one way or the other.

I feel like were just in an endless loop of speculations and scenarios, some that could have occurred, while some, others appear to believe are farfetched.

I wonder if LE checked out the email guy who was interviewed on YouTube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia