TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While this case isn't anything to laugh at, your post certainly is, lol!

Unfortunately, this is becoming the norm with many media reports in missing persons cases. I don't think it should be a shock to any of us that it's happening in this case, too. I just love the way you posted this- hysterical but true!

It wasn't supposed to come out like that, with all those strike-throughs! Something wonky going on here so had to delete most of it. But my opinion still is that that article is ridiculous for how inaccurate it is.

EXACTLY!
That's why I posted this earlier:
And I want to add some notes from the video of SC that was removed.

*He slipped!
*He is telling what happened that day in this interview. He says "she was making lunch."
*He realizes what he just said. Watch his eyes. He starts laughing at himself.
*He recovers from this mistake. He finally figures out a way to fix it. He changes his story & says she was making School lunches & he kisses them goodbye.
*He could not have seen her make School lunches that morning. He woke them at 6:40am, kissed them goodbye & left."
"

I specifically went to find the video because of your post. I don't recall him saying "school lunches" though, unless I missed it. But I was struck by how he was laughing at his mistake, just like you said. It really threw him for a loop! Major, major tell.

2:40, "Oh man, this is hard..." giggle giggle (Hard keeping the story straight is what he means, in my opinion.)

Thanks. I'll watch it again. (1:30 mark) Is it because he's worried about his time line of when he said she was making lunch?

SBM/BBM

I think he's getting his stories confused. She may have been making lunch the last time he saw her. At lunchtime, not when he woke her up at 6:40, and then he left for work.

My husband's father was recently diagnosed with cancer. I cried for two days almost immediately after receiving the news. My husband, a decorated war veteran with PTSD, acted strangely. He was laughing and joking ten minutes after receiving the news. Not one tear. Five days later he was outside snow blowing our driveway and absentmindedly stuck his hand in the blade. He had a total meltdown in the driveway. He was sobbing on his knees.
Everyone processes things differently. Not for one second did I assume my husband was fine because he laughed in the five days before the emotional meltdown. Maybe the people on this website would assume such a thing, but I didn't. This particular situation is so traumatic. This man may be doing everything he can to just keep breathing right now.
With the recent update about no phone call from school, I'm not defending his behavior, merely adding people react differently. When my mother passed at home, my whole immediate family, sat there cracking jokes and "entertaining" the hospice nurses, while waiting for removal of body. About a year later I had what one would call a nervous breakdown. 10+ yrs later I haven't figured out my delayed reaction.

Because her car was at the apartment, it could be assumed that she wasn't picking her son up- before or after karate (if that is the schedule). It was mentioned that it was her first day taking her son to school since the baby. It was going to be a big day for her- putting both kiddos in the car, doing the book fair, returning home. It's likely she hadn't spent much, if any, time out of the house since the birth ( maybe a pediatrician appointment). Perhaps that's why he was coming home early and wasn't all that concerned when he didn't find her at home. She could be visiting a friend; showing off her gorgeous new baby.

I, as an exhausted new mother, would have had no urgency to pick him up if I knew he would be cared for and enjoying an after school program. And my partner was going to be available for pickup.

Regarding his interviews, I followed the Amanda Eller case out of Hawaii. She had gone missing during a hike. I was CERTAIN that her significant other was hiding something. His casual surfer boy/peace, love/laid back vibe just didn't play into the urgency of finding her. She was found, alive, after two excruciatingly long weeks. He had absolutely nothing to do with it, other than provide support, in his quirky way to help find her.

After watching the videos, I'm still not certain how I feel about this case. Some things are off and some things are ok. We are all individuals and react differently. JMO

Oh for Pete's sake! From your link:
Shane Carey, Heidi's boyfriend and Margot's father, said the couple also have a six-year-old son together. Carey told NBC affiliate KXAN Monday that their son's school never called when Heidi didn't show up in the afternoon.
FBI investigating disappearance of mother and newborn baby in Texas

So which version is the real version? Are any the real version? Soooo frustrating.

I click on the link 'nbc affiliate KXAN Monday' and it takes me to another story that doesn't mention it at all and is dated for today. Weird. Has anyone been able to find any other article or interview that mentions this?

Curious, how does after school care work if both parents aren't working? She wasn't right now so would the older child not be picked up by her and not go to after school care?

Here, you lose your spot. You're allowed only so many days without paying. And it was said he was at after school care Karate.

Edit- found the after school program for Cowan: Nurture My Child - Detailed Listing go to after school care- bused

Last edited:
It wasn't supposed to come out like that, with all those strike-throughs! Something wonky going on here so had to delete most of it. But my opinion still is that that article is ridiculous for how inaccurate it is.
We can probably put it into simple perspective based on the fact that media is spelling the missing baby’s name however they want. I know this sounds dramatic, but I REALLY hate when someone’s name is spelled incorrectly, habitually. It conveys a lack of respect IMO.

In the long video (
) he is so very thrown off by the "she was making lunch" blunder he made--start around 1:30. Took him a while to recover from his boo-boo. I think she was making lunch when he came home from work.

Would be interesting to know if the son bought lunch that day at school or had a lunch box.

And if he took a bagged lunch/lunch box, why is he requesting his leftover lunch be grilled when he got home from school? I find that so odd. What's he taking in his lunchbox? Ribs? Burgers? Steak?

Check the grill for recent use for something other than food.
bbm

Re. the bolded : What is that supposed to mean ? I am genuinely curious.

At first I thought, that's just how a little boy would talk.
Like maybe they'd grilled hot dogs before and the son thought it'd be nice to have something grilled to eat. ("Yummier !")

Now I don't know.
Esp. since SC says the school never called him. Throws a big metal wrench into the works.
Feels like going back to square one.
So, now what exactly happened ?????
Frustrating. Imo.

There is no way I can keep up with this thread. So if this has been posted, please direct me to the answers to these questions.

I'm sure Heidi had a regular route she took to and from school each morning. Has that route been released? Has any canvassing of that route been explored? Any video surveillance from businesses or street cameras?

Has she been involved in any online parenting groups? When I was expecting I was regularly on BabyCenter. Did she have anyone showing an unusual amount of attention to the baby? Unusual offers of help....

It's been mentioned repeatedly in msm that Shane Carey is NOT considered a person of interest. Right now, per TOS, Shane is a victim. How he swooshes his mouthwash in the am isn't of interest to me, nor is it going to further this case towards resolution. Let's brainstorm some ideas on how to bring Heidi and Margot home.
"I'm sure Heidi had a regular route she took to and from school each morning. Has that route been released?"
This is the kind of thing I expected to be discussed at the press conference in the attempt to tie down a timeline for Heidi's movements. e.g. if you were in the complex and you saw her that morning, please call us - etc, etc. However there was nothing like that in the press conference. Leads me to believe LE does not really need that type of info at this time.

In the long video (
) he is so very thrown off by the "she was making lunch" blunder he made--start around 1:30. Took him a while to recover from his boo-boo. I think she was making lunch when he came home from work.

Would be interesting to know if the son bought lunch that day at school or had a lunch box.

And if he took a bagged lunch/lunch box, why is he requesting his leftover lunch be grilled when he got home from school? I find that so odd. What's he taking in his lunchbox? Ribs? Burgers? Steak?

Check the grill for recent use for something other than food.
I wonder if the school had a special lunch for all of the kids or a teacher may have done some fun project in one of the subjects to which food from a certain countries were sampled during lunch time. Some schools do this, some don't. I know ours did, and we'd pack our kids lunches, forgetting they were going to eat at the school- especially if you weren't bringing some food yourself- as a Mom, you might forget and just pack the lunch.

No clue about the grilling, though.

Curious, how does after school care work if both parents aren't working? She wasn't right now so would the older child not be picked up by her and not go to after school care?
My daughter went to after school care because she wanted to. They sometimes help with homework so kids go home homework free and they play at the playground. She had fun there. Sometimes I'd walk to pick her up but other times she'd stay and play. Since it is affiliated with the school and on school grounds, it was convenient and I would even go there sometimes and sit at a table and watch them play. At that time I worked 3am to 12 noon. Her Dad took her in to school on my work days.

<imoo>

This guy is definitely unhinged.
It's probably remorse.
But the turmoil is real.

I also get the impression he's a bit
um, shall I say,
not well-gifted, intellectually.
Or perhaps it's just blunted by drugs.

I don't think he wants to be screwed up.
But he is.

I'm getting to the point where I want to fly
in, and assist in finding Heidi and Margo.
I have a friend who lives in Austin, who has
always given me an open invitation to stay.
I just might mosey on over there...

I do not understand why the main daily paper, the Austin American Statesman, has only a short article updated last on 12/13 for this very concerning and upsetting case - and no comments on it.

At least Nancy Grace has picked it up and no matter how one might feel about her, she gets the news spread to sleuthers quickly.

I'm still STUNNED but NOT surprised, at that do-nothing presser. The lack of photos has me appalled. Whether voluntarily gone or not, whether SC was involved or not, there should have been pics there showing her and their family unit so that people could see and maybe think, "Hey, I saw them..." and the case could get that one great tip. MOO, always MOO.

As lacking as Dulce's press coverage has been, at least it was better than this. And hers has me very upset because it just seems to be a big shrug about it up there. Although the wall-to-wall coverage when Jamie C went missing didn't lead to her rescue (she rescued herself, brave girl), at least the woman she ran up to was aware of who she was and no time was lost in getting her to safety!

Okay I'm starting to spiral out at this point. Sorry. Just upset.

"here at the time that this thing took place."

What?
What thing?
How does she know??

I suspect that might have been a slip, a slip similar to when the police spokesperson slipped and said 'offense' and immediately corrected himself.

LE is quite possibly sharing things with HB's family that they are not sharing with the general public.

Or it might just be general language because right now no one but the perps knows what 'this thing' actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia