TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just watched all the videos. Read every post. I did not see in any of them where he said 2 pm. Does anyone have a link as to this getting feet? I am of opinion he has not said in an interview at this time.

Does OP or anyone have such a link? (Reason is, so many times early in a case where LE is silent, stuff from FB or other places get legs, and I want to correct for here at WS.)

Also, what I did notice when I watched the videos of him MULTIPLE times, was that he cried when his dad rubbed his back, a la Chris Watts with his father.

I think MOO Breaking down with the father for both as to shame? @gitana1

I'm not a person who reads such into body language, but after rewatching all to find such that the OP was asking, it hit on me as such. MOO
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out

You made me go back and watch the video. I see a father comforting his son. His Dad has his hand on his back through the whole interview, at times just resting there, at times patting his back, at times just his thumb is patting his back. His Dad would rub his back when he would start to cry and get more emotional IMO, not before he started to cry.

All JMO

I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.

I'd imagine SC's dad is trying to be calm and supportive for his son. I thought the dad's manner seemed serious, as if he's very concerned and taking it seriously but trying to avoid panic as that wouldn't help his son or family in any way.

Maybe SC called his dad to come over for moral support, or maybe he called his dad to come and pick up the 6-yr old so that he could talk to the police without the little boy overhearing everything and being really scared.

Because the dog was on the balcony and her purse was in the car, I think whatever happened it was quick and upon her return to apartment. They may have followed her into the apartment when she first returned.
It also just occurred to me, how did she get into her apartment...surely she didn't leave it unlocked that morning. Did she come home and leave again? Does the door lock with a key or a key card? I remember in the very first interview, he said her ID was there not wallet. Was it her gate key card or her door card. Were the car keys on a separate fob? One observation...had not brought the dog in yet or was made to put it back out. Just some random thoughts.
SC said her missing keys were a set including the apartment, the car, and the mailbox. Possibly more, but those are the ones he mentioned.

The dog being on the balcony has not been confirmed with a link as yet. If you have one, I'd sure appreciate it. MOO

Last edited:
Anxiously awaiting the PC.

One thing that strikes out to me is the contrast between him taking so long to realize she really was missing and calling LE compared to his "activism" and "getting involved in the investigation" by looking for security cameras and looking in dumpsters.

Those two actions are polar opposites of themselves. First not realizing or taking action quickly compared to being overly active and doing things that some in that situation would not even do and let LE do their job.

Oh. I didn’t know her mom had been staying with them after the baby. Her mom is probably the A1 witness right now for forensic/FBI psychologists and LE about the emotional climate in that apartment over the past few weeks. No one knows their daughter better than her momma! Hmmm
And with momma staying just leaving, it was actually not a normal day as SC said.

JMO
Perhaps the presser will disclose a vehicle seen on camera following her home?

I would like to know where she was when that 8 am phone call took place. It hasn't been mentioned in any of the articles I have read. Was she en route home when they chatted? Already at home?

Did he ask her to return the books because $25 dollars was above their budget....and then could this have led to a fight?

So many questions.....

very good points.
I’d like to know why he wanted her cell records, what did he hope to find/prove from them? Did he want to see if a call or text from his phone to hers or hers to his showed up? That is very bizarre behavior imo.
I fully expect a poi or an arrest announced at PC.

I have thoughts on a lot of the things he did: mainly, that he was getting the ball rolling as soon as possible because the person missing is an adult and the mother of the baby that's also missing. Do police still tell you to wait 24/48/72 hours before reporting a missing adult unless they're considered vulnerable? In this case, they didn't wait, but they also didn't issue any alert or make any news, so he did what I consider is being very proactive. If she didn't turn up, LE would be getting phone records and doing the searches and public pleas anyway.

I thought it's long been advised for family members to speak directly to the person missing and to a person who might have control over the missing. Maybe that's why he kept saying her name and talking about what an awesome mom she is and how much family and friend support she has - wanting to encouraging her to come home if she left voluntarily. Speaking this way attempts to humanize her to a kidnapper -assuming they (kidnapper/murderer) care.

Forgive me if someone has mentioned this - I have tried catching up with every post, but was reading FAST.

So he got home around 2. He's focused on times in everything in the AM - down to 5 minutes. Time (and money) matters to him, that's obvious.

So: WHY didn't he notice she was late coming back - not just from a book fair (she'd be tired with a newborn, and probably need to nurse it), but :

Why didn't he notice his SON wasn't home at the usual time - which was most likely around 3:20 or so?

If he was home so early (around 2), why didn't he pick the son up or communicate that he might do so?

Why would the school need to even call him to let him know that she hadn't picked him up at 6pm? She was already hours late from picking up the son, correct?

He didn't notice at closer to 3:30 pm that she wasn't back with the son from school?

And that's ignoring the 2-6pm timeline that he didn't wonder why she didn't answer her phone all that time or even once mention that he tried calling her after he "realized" she was missing.

Another red flag: he and his father immediately went to the cellular phone store to try to get her phone records. That's something for the police to do - unless you want to check what's being recorded.

Another red flag: you don't handle items (purse, wallet, baby bag) of a missing person if you think someone else abducted them, and you certainly don't post them publicly. You let police test them and you keep it quiet as to what they look like. Unless you want an excuse as to why your DNA is all over them, that is.

I am not accusing anyone of anything and I hope she and the baby are alive and well. But it should be noted that a person who works for a moving company probably has access to large boxes, moving equipment and a truck, as well as other movers.

Last edited:
I've just watched all the videos. Read every post. I did not see in any of them where he said 2 pm. Does anyone have a link as to this getting feet? I am of opinion he has not said in an interview at this time.

Does OP or anyone have such a link? (Reason is, so many times early in a case where LE is silent, stuff from FB or other places get legs, and I want to correct for here at WS.)

Also, what I did notice when I watched the videos of him MULTIPLE times, was that he cried when his dad rubbed his back, a la Chris Watts with his father.

I think MOO Breaking down with the father for both as to shame? @gitana1

I'm not a person who reads such into body language, but after rewatching all to find such that the OP was asking, it hit on me as such. MOO
Boyfriend of missing Austin woman, baby speaks out
I thought that the phone call from the day care was at 6 PM?

I also thought that the father came home at 2 PM, after calling Heidi around 1:40 PM?

My mind keeps going to her walking out of there on her own and Post Par-tum Depression. You would think if SC had done something to her and the baby that the son would be missing also. In most cases where it is a husband they take out the mother and all the kids. I just find that odd that nothing was done to her son. As far as PPD goes I see no one talking about that possibility. It would make sense to why the baby is missing too. that maybe she had an episode and just walked out leaving everything there, which would explain no sign of struggle, and I realize the car is there but when you get in an episode of something it could be she just walked off. I am going to wait to the presser and see what LE has to say. I personally want more info before I suspect Dad of anything.
Many of us did talk about PPD in earlier threads.

Can someone point to me to a photo/interview or anything where Heidi's family is with CS? Or show any support of him?
I was just about to post a question on this topic. If Heidi's Mom had just left to return home right before Heidi and baby's disappearance and mmediately drove to Texas to meet with detectives when Shane called her to tell of the disappearance, why didn't she give the plea to the news media? At the very least, why wasn't she there to support her "son-in-law/daughter's fiance?"

I think her absence, especially when she was in town, speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper