TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed that the wording of an article caused some confusion about whether school called to inform that the son hadn't been picked up at 2pm or the previously reported 6pm.

Thought this link might help clear that up as well; Cowan Elementary School's website has an FAQ section that has the school dismissal times as
3:00pm
2:15pm for Pre-K
F.A.Q.
School wasn't even dismissed yet for anyone at 2pm, therefore school wouldn't call dad at 2pm to inform child hadn't been picked up yet. 6pm time makes more sense if going by the school schedule.

SC refers to HB as his fiancée. Anywhere on her social media that refers to SC as her fiancé? I would think him popping the question/getting a ring would have earned a post?

Seven years is a long time to be engaged (in my opinion) - possible they had an “off” period during that time when they were involved in other relationships? What if there is someone from her past?

I was just about to post a question on this topic. If Heidi's Mom had just left to return home right before Heidi and baby's disappearance and mmediately drove to Texas to meet with detectives when Shane called her to tell of the disappearance, why didn't she give the plea to the news media? At the very least, why wasn't she there to support her "son-in-law/daughter's fiance?"

I think her absence, especially when she was in town, speaks volumes.
Completely agree.

I don’t know how, in that short of time, from when he supposedly got home and she supposedly got home he could have hurt her, cleaned the mess and moved their bodies. Someone had to see something. I usually go right to the partner in these cases BUT because of the newborn baby an abduction is also a real possibility. There again, someone must have seen something in the apartment complex. It’s interesting how he brought up the 25.00 she spent. He immediately said he told her it was okay. Why even bring that up? If he didn’t no one would have even known about it. Very interesting case.

Noticed that the wording of an article caused some confusion about whether school called to inform that the son hadn't been picked up at 2pm or the previously reported 6pm.

Thought this link might help clear that up as well; Cowan Elementary School's website has an FAQ section that has the school dismissal times as
3:00pm
2:15pm for Pre-K
F.A.Q.
School wasn't even dismissed yet for anyone at 2pm, therefore school wouldn't call dad at 2pm to inform child hadn't been picked up yet. 6pm time makes more sense if going by the school schedule.

Who actually said it was 6? The news, or the boyfriend? I can understand him getting home at 2 and being relieved to have a quiet house for a while and laying down or watching TV. But to be alone for 4 hours without talking to Heidi is weird. It wouldn't be weird to me, I guess, in the days before cell phones, but it is now.

I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.

I speak to my mother every single day. Every day. If I don't call her, she calls me to find out why I haven't called. Why is him calling his dad unusual? He may have just been calling him to talk and casually mentioned her being gone and not knowing where she is. I can say without a doubt that I have done the same. I've said to my mom that my husband isn't home yet or something before. She didn't automatically assume he was in a ditch somewhere. There is nothing unusual about anything this man has done... yet. He is obviously distraught. He seems anxious and awkward. He, very responsibly, sent the son to someone else. I would have too. Imagine trying to take care of a child while this is happening. I probably wouldn't even leave my bed. People on here critique everything he is doing and every movement he makes - none of it is that unusual. He is losing sleep, is exhausted, probably sick with worry and seems like he really loved her and his little family. I've seen people on here mentioning him giving the son a sandwich. Good grief, the simple fact he even gave the boy a sandwich during such a stressful event amazes me. I don't know- I have a hard time believing he is guilty of something here. Nothing he has done really seems that strange. Almost always someone will slip up if they are guilty. I'm positive the police have eyes on him just in case- but this is so heart wrenching to watch this man in pain like this and even more so to read comments accusing him of certain guilt because he gave the son a sandwich, or spoke to the victim about 25$ or because he called his father....

I don’t know how, in that short of time, from when he supposedly got home and she supposedly got home he could have hurt her, cleaned the mess and moved their bodies. Someone had to see something. I usually go right to the partner in these cases BUT because of the newborn baby an abduction is also a real possibility. There again, someone must have seen something in the apartment complex. It’s interesting how he brought up the 25.00 she spent. He immediately said he told her it was okay. Why even bring that up? If he didn’t no one would have even known about it. Very interesting case.

Yes.

I don't think he would have had the time.

Makes me wonder if it was someone in their apartment complex.

Someone or multiple people would have seen him.

I like their approach though. I feel their update is important and shows a lot about what they’re doing. And addressing community concerns. It shows how hard they’re working to uncover the truth so that people don’t think they don’t care and it could show where their direction is focused (i.e. the language about alibis), but being careful not to alienate anyone.

I agree. I think people often equate silence with doing nothing, but in this case I believe it’s because they’ve got a good handle on this case. I’m very interested in what happens with this presser.

Who actually said it was 6? The news, or the boyfriend? I can understand him getting home at 2 and being relieved to have a quiet house for a while and laying down or watching TV. But to be alone for 4 hours without talking to Heidi is weird. It wouldn't be weird to me, I guess, in the days before cell phones, but it is now.

He says he got the call from school at 6

SC refers to HB as his fiancée. Anywhere on her social media that refers to SC as her fiancé? I would think him popping the question/getting a ring would have earned a post?

Seven years is a long time to be engaged (in my opinion) - possible they had an “off” period during that time when they were involved in other relationships? What if there is someone from her past?
I don't recall if the word fiancée is used on her SM but there are photos of her wearing what appears to be an engagement ring. MOO

I speak to my mother every single day. Every day. If I don't call her, she calls me to find out why I haven't called. Why is him calling his dad unusual? He may have just been calling him to talk and casually mentioned her being gone and not knowing where she is. I can say without a doubt that I have done the same. I've said to my mom that my husband isn't home yet or something before. She didn't automatically assume he was in a ditch somewhere. There is nothing unusual about anything this man has done... yet. He is obviously distraught. He seems anxious and awkward. He, very responsibly, sent the son to someone else. I would have too. Imagine trying to take care of a child while this is happening. I probably wouldn't even leave my bed. People on here critique everything he is doing and every movement he makes - none of it is that unusual. He is losing sleep, is exhausted, probably sick with worry and seems like he really loved her and his little family. I've seen people on here mentioning him giving the son a sandwich. Good grief, the simple fact he even gave the boy a sandwich during such a stressful event amazes me. I don't know- I have a hard time believing he is guilty of something here. Nothing he has done really seems that strange. Almost always someone will slip up if they are guilty. I'm positive the police have eyes on him just in case- but this is so heart wrenching to watch this man in pain like this and even more so to read comments accusing him of certain guilt because he gave the son a sandwich, or spoke to the victim about 25$ or because he called his father....

Thank you!!!!

It's not that he called his father, that's not a big deal in and of itself.

It's that he FIRST called his father. She was "missing" so his first instinct should be to find her. It's not likely she was hanging out with the father.

He called the father FIRST, instead of
1) trying to call her again
2) calling the police
3) calling her own family (where she'd more likely be, or more likely have spoken with)

And if the son's school ended by 3pm, why wasn't she expected home closer to 3:20 at the latest or by 5:30 if in an after-school program - why didn't he notice her AND her son's absence LONG before the school called ~6pm?

If her car and purse were there at the house - HOW did he think she was going to pick up the son at all?

Why not pick up the son himself instead of leaving him at school, if he was home so early?

Last edited:
Jeez, I walked away for 20 minutes and new thread with 6 pages.

OK... I'm catching up... but here are a few comments without catching up. I've seen in sooooooooooooooo many cases stuff getting legs that gets outta control... so I'll put up my 2 cents on such

There is much disinformation perhaps leaking into WS. It's not being deleted because mods are busy and cannot keep up, and folks are following and misinformation is getting legs MOO

1)Someone said that Heidi's mom was there and left before she went missing. NO! She was in route there afterwards according to MSM. The OP even stated that was the reference, and not sure how the reference of her coming to help with investigation turned into she was there the day before she went missing.

2) Someone said in my questioning as to " interview that the school called him at 2 pm. That has never been documented on this thread that I have seen. It may be a comment that was done by a poster that got legs? "

(ETA-BADDDDDDD reporting today MOO but we at WS should know such. He didn't call police at 2 pm...so we should sleuth such and call out misinformation vs. stating such as fact... "Carey says when he got home at 2 p.m., he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up his son. That’s when he says he called police.:" Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

They answered with "Start at about 1:00 here - Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother", Austin dad pleads for safe return of his two-week-old daughter, her mother

Yet that link does NOT state such AT ALL MOO

3) Youtube guy... not even gonna go there ............... it's been allowed on threads... and moderator approved... so I'll gloss over but... I'll just gloss over

4) Dog on balcony .. Many have asked for, no links to date?

5) Front door open.. Many have asked for, no links to date?

6) Aunt comment - no links... OP said was from FB comment, which is not allowed here..

(ETA - Heavy has comments here Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com )

etc etc etc.

There are periods in cases where misinformation gets legs, and thanks to @PommyMommy for being on top of it all to get links to stop misinformation and get clarification.

Last edited:
Carey told KVUE, “I don’t know why anybody would ever harm or touch these two beautiful women together.” Ummmm Whaaaaaaat?????? he just referred to his new born, infant daughter as a woman.

Such an odd statement. Makes me wonder if he thinks she left with a female friend? I am tossed about his interview, there are times I think he's truthful. He does speak about them in the present tense, sheds tears, yet there are other times he's saying odd things like this statement and acting weird. So strange

I'm wondering if something happened after the 8am phone call about the $25 book fair purchase. Her car did not drive itself home. They've already gone through the apartment (link upthread). I hope they have more surveillance from the school parking lot
IMO

Good point. All we know is she was last seen at that book fair. We don't know if someone - even Shane himself - had planned to meet her afterwards.

He did get out of work early - did he mention that to Heidi (you'd think he might have done so) or plan to get out of work early, since the mother was gone now and they had more time to themselves?

Last edited:
This is SO infuriating! Which news outlets are we to believe because this is one version I hadn't seen before and it was UPDATED/published only four hours ago on Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

"... Carey says when he got home at 2 p.m., he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up his son.
That’s when he says he called police."
This is frustrating. In a prior interview SC said he picked his son up from daycare, the son didn't eat his lunch and told SC to grill it for him, then SC called his dad who said not to worry too much, then SC called HB's friends and then he called police.

In that interview he made no mention of the school calling him. Wouldn't that have made SC very worried - learning HB never picked up the son? I don't get it.

DEC 17, 2019
Texas police searching for missing mother, 3-week-old daughter
[…]

Carey said he found a found a diaper bag full of baby items and Broussard's purse and wallet left on the table in their home.

Police have launched an aerial and ground search for the pair while Carey and other family members hope police find new information to get Broussard and Margot back home soon.

[…]

I wonder if she and the baby made it home at all? I think something happened to them both before that 1:40 pm call he made to her phone. It would be interesting to know where he phone ping from.

Also, many trucking companies these days have RFID technology in the truck which displays at the office exactly where the truck is and if it's moving or not. I don't know if it records that you can go back and look at a certain day or time though. Hopefully, it does and maybe that could help solidify he was at work.

I don't think LE even if they suspect him with come out and call him a POI. They are going to want "Chatty Cathy" to keep talking and giving interviews. The last thing they are going to want is for him to get a lawyer if they suspect him.

Who actually said it was 6? The news, or the boyfriend?

No idea. It's been reported in several news sources, but I'm not personally sure if the info came from him only or other sources. For example, this MSM report just states it and doesn't say where the info came from.

URGENT! Mom and 2-month-old baby girl vanish after dropping son off at school

At around 6 p.m., the elementary school contacted a family member and said no one picked the child up. The family member subsequently contacted 911.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper