TX TX - Heidi Broussard, 33, & Margot Carey, 2 weeks, Austin, 12 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if she and the baby made it home at all? I think something happened to them both before that 1:40 pm call he made to her phone. It would be interesting to know where he phone ping from.

Also, many trucking companies these days have RFID technology in the truck which displays at the office exactly where the truck is and if it's moving or not. I don't know if it records that you can go back and look at a certain day or time though. Hopefully, it does and maybe that could help solidify he was at work.

I don't think LE even if they suspect him with come out and call him a POI. They are going to want "Chatty Cathy" to keep talking and giving interviews. The last thing they are going to want is for him to get a lawyer if they suspect him.
Another poster on Thread #2 also wondered if they made it home that day. I also questioned that 1:40 pm phone call and the phone supposedly being off at that time.

I wondered if the trip to the cell phone store was more to ask them if a phone could be traced to its location if it were turned off, not so much because he was concerned about HB's whereabouts, but because he turned it off to hide its location and wanted to make sure that it couldn't be traced.

I'd be really interested in what he asked them at the cell phone store under the guise of wanting her cell phone records. First, he is not concerned at all, with everything left at home with the exception of a piece of technology that can trace her whereabouts.

Then, he rushes to the cell phone store to try to get a record of her calls?? Surely, he wasn't there to have them give him a printout of her tower location pings. Was he??

I have wondered what neighbor's name he gave as to whom Heidi "always visits." Plus, wouldn't common sense tell anyone that you would always take the diaper bag along no matter how long or little of time you are visiting anyone?

Last edited:
Oops! Forgot to quote the post. Sorry.
Carey says when he got home at 2 p.m., he received a call from the school that Broussard had not picked up his son.

That’s when he says he called police.
Husband of missing mom and newborn asks public to call police ‘if you see an awesome mom with a baby’

In this article he says school called to say HB didn't pick son up then he called police.

But in the long interview he picks up son, grills son's lunch, calls his dad, calls HB's friends then calls police.

IMO there's a huge difference between the two versions. HB not picking up the son should have been very worrying. So how to explain the differences?

Last edited:
Do we know what the normal pick-up time of their son is? It sounds like sometime after 2:15 if he went to an after school program. In my experience, those usually end by 5-5:30. So, if BF got home at 2ish, then when 5-5:30 rolled around, it seems he would have been concerned as to why HB hadn't returned home to get her car to pick up her son. I don't see him mentioning that at all in any interviews. Did I miss it?

If there was foul play, I don't think it happened in HB's home. Sounds more like maybe BF got home at 2ish, they all left together in one of their vehicles, but only he returned. That's all I can come up with right now. :( I hope I'm totally wrong.

snipped
A friend, Caressa Rachelle Nolte, wrote on Facebook, “She went to (the) book fair today at 8 a.m. with her little boy then at 12 her (fiance) tried to call her and it went to voicemail like it was dead then at 6 p.m. the school called her (fiance) and said that Heidi had never showed up to get (their) little boy.”
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
==========================
IF true, why was he calling her at noon?

I would also love to know where her car is parked in proximity to their apartment and whether it is easy for someone to park right beside her.

If it is parked in an underground, then something could have gone down very fast without anyone seeing.

(I am sadly remembering Christina Morris and the evidence that was found in EA's trunk.)

Unfortunately, local media posted what were once public FB posts from, among other people, Heidi's best friend. After the posts were made private, they were removed from our local coverage. For example, that's the place I personally saw the info about the door being open and the dog, but those links no longer exist, and are now unverified as a result. It's extremely frustrating for those of us trying to keep up with the 8 billion news sources. It seems like the first order of business by reporters is to scrape Facebook before everything disappears.

I'm really glad you mentioned this. The fact he first called his dad really bothers me, and this is why (some facts and observations):
  • Shane is not 17, and he doesn't live with Dad (yet he immediately calls him.)
  • He never mentions trying to call Heidi again at any point when he sees she is missing. Not once. He says "the phone was shut off" earlier when he mentions calling her between noon and 1:40 (time changes). He NEVER says he tried calling her again.
  • What if her battery went dead or she was on the phone or sent it to VM on that earlier one attempt to call her before he "knew" she was "missing"?
  • How would he know the phone was shut off instead of other options and why not try to call her - FIRST? What would you do first, if your significant other went missing with a newborn, and you'd tried to call them 4-6 hours ago? YOU'D TRY to call them again, even if the phone had gone to VM hours ago!
  • In the inside interview he gets very upset when they "move his dad"... as if he was right in front of him at first. Why did he need the line of sight to his dad and why did someone move his Dad in that interview? He actually STOPPED the interview at that point.
  • His dad rubbing him on the back - well, that was just different. Annoying. Over the top really.
  • The dad was very calm throughout and did not appear to be upset at all.
  • His dad has set up a fund for him.
These are simply observations and facts to consider - I am not implying anything. I hope she and the baby are well and hiding, though I do not think it likely given all of the discrepancies in S's stories.

I had a situation where I could not reach my husband on his cell or work phone. I had been on the phone with my brother when I realized how late it was. I hung up and tried to call both. Waited about 20 minutes and tried again in case he was in transit. When I didn't reach him that time, I called my brother back and told him. I would switch back and forth trying to call him, then calling my brother back. After a while, I called my husband's business partner to inquire about when he last saw him. Business partner ended up going up to their office and found him deceased from a GSW. He then called 911. I never called 911. Reason being- my husband would have been so annoyed with me if I had and it had been nothing. Not calling 911 first has always been a regret, but it was not my first choice. Often, we feel like we are over-reacting and it is going to turn out to be nothing. If he had a good relationship with his father, I feel it would be completely normal for him to call dad and ask what he thinks he should do. It is exactly what I did.

The books were in the home. Didn't he have them in a video? That shows she made it back home. and he is the one that said the car seat was in the house. MOO

Yes he did. The cameraman thoughtfully zoomed in on the cover of one of them; and a pair of hands (not sure if SC's or a child's) even flipped through one. I saw it with my own two eyes.

I realize I am a few pages behind, but it really bothers me the changing of his story...

Yeah, I don't know what to believe anymore, because I've seen a lot of things, with quotation marks around them and not inferred, where SC appears to have said anything and everything under the sun. Purse in car... purse upstairs... purse and diaper bag upstairs, thereby removing any suspicion that he might use a manlike aggregator for "anything bag-shaped which Heidi carries", which would refer to either or both... he's looking for the keys... nope, he's not looking for the keys because they're right there... he's been plowing through dumpsters looking for the keys...

It's not that he called his father, that's not a big deal in and of itself.

It's that he FIRST called his father. She was "missing" so his first instinct should be to find her. It's not likely she was hanging out with the father.

He called the father FIRST, instead of
1) trying to call her again
2) calling the police

And if the son's school ended by 3pm, why wasn't she expected home closer to 3:20 at the latest - why didn't he notice her AND her son's absence LONG before the school called ~6pm?

Plus, he called the father expecting him to come and help; which father clearly has. A lot of grown WSers citing talking to their parents on the regular, are citing merely talking to them. They're not saying they expect to see them in person every day. I agree that if your family is kidnapped this is the time you would expect to see your parents; but calling the father before anyone else, running around all over town looking for cell phone details, camera footage, keys in dumpsters... it simultaneously sounds more like "Daddy fix (this bad situation I find myself in)" (what situation that is, I leave it up to the reader of this post to conclude); and it also stands oddly at variance with any attempts to clarify SC as "Austin Slacker", because he's certainly not "Austin Slacker" once the father hoved into view. How does he function without his father around the rest of the time?

Someone else mentioned in the last thread the position the driver's seat was in - she was only 5'3" - this may help determine if she drove herself home. I want to know if she was seen at the school on video. leaving in her car by herself. and who was behind her if anyone? IMO, LE would already have determined the movements of the boyfriend to eliminate him. (what time he left work, lunch, etc.)
JMO

This is part of the posts I'm talking about - there's lots more info that was widely reported from those posts, which are now unavailable. This is all that remains.
snipped
A friend, Caressa Rachelle Nolte, wrote on Facebook, “She went to (the) book fair today at 8 a.m. with her little boy then at 12 her (fiance) tried to call her and it went to voicemail like it was dead then at 6 p.m. the school called her (fiance) and said that Heidi had never showed up to get (their) little boy.”
Heidi Broussard Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
==========================
IF true, why was he calling her at noon?

KXAN reports that authorities said Broussard and her 2-week-old daughter, Margot, likely returned home afterward, at the Club at Summer Valley apartments off of West William Cannon Drive and South First Street, but at some point, disappeared. The apartment complex is around three miles away from the elementary school.

The apartment complex where the couple live has two entrances and is in a heavily populated area with several main roads. Pretty sure that video will tell when/if Heidi and daughter arrived home, as well as the timing of SC's arrival. Images attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.16.52 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.16.52 PM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.21.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 1.21.55 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
SC said her missing keys were a set including the apartment, the car, and the mailbox. Possibly more, but those are the ones he mentioned.

The dog being on the balcony has not been confirmed with a link as yet. If you have one, I'd sure appreciate it. MOO

Taken on her way to get the mail? Not unreasonable to think she'd have the baby with her for a short walk.

Yes he did. The cameraman thoughtfully zoomed in on the cover of one of them; and a pair of hands (not sure if SC's or a child's) even flipped through one. I saw it with my own two eyes.

Yeah, I don't know what to believe anymore, because I've seen a lot of things, with quotation marks around them and not inferred, where SC appears to have said anything and everything under the sun. Purse in car... purse upstairs... purse and diaper bag upstairs, thereby removing any suspicion that he might use a manlike aggregator for "anything bag-shaped which Heidi carries", which would refer to either or both... he's looking for the keys... nope, he's not looking for the keys because they're right there... he's been plowing through dumpsters looking for the keys...

Plus, he called the father expecting him to come and help; which father clearly has. A lot of grown WSers citing talking to their parents on the regular, are citing merely talking to them. They're not saying they expect to see them in person every day. I agree that if your family is kidnapped this is the time you would expect to see your parents; but calling the father before anyone else, running around all over town looking for cell phone details, camera footage, keys in dumpsters... it simultaneously sounds more like "Daddy fix (this bad situation I find myself in)" (what situation that is, I leave it up to the reader of this post to conclude); and it also stands oddly at variance with any attempts to clarify SC as "Austin Slacker", because he's certainly not "Austin Slacker" once the father hoved into view. How does he function without his father around the rest of the time?
the books may have made it home - doesn't mean she did IMO. Books could have been transferred

I had a situation where I could not reach my husband on his cell or work phone. I had been on the phone with my brother when I realized how late it was. I hung up and tried to call both. Waited about 20 minutes and tried again in case he was in transit. When I didn't reach him that time, I called my brother back and told him. I would switch back and forth trying to call him, then calling my brother back. After a while, I called my husband's business partner to inquire about when he last saw him. Business partner ended up going up to their office and found him deceased from a GSW. He then called 911. I never called 911. Reason being- my husband would have been so annoyed with me if I had and it had been nothing. Not calling 911 first has always been a regret, but it was not my first choice. Often, we feel like we are over-reacting and it is going to turn out to be nothing. If he had a good relationship with his father, I feel it would be completely normal for him to call dad and ask what he thinks he should do. It is exactly what I did.
Sorry to hear that - what a tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member